PDA

View Full Version : Jackson to play 30 London O2 concerts?

Perdita
04-03-2009, 11:18
Michael Jackson will announce a 30-date live residency at London's O2 later this week, say reports.

According to The Sun, the popstar, 50, arrived at Luton airport yesterday before being taken to a hotel in Knightsbridge with his children.

Jackson is expected to appear at a press conference on Thursday afternoon at the O2. A new album and live shows are rumoured to be part of the announcement, but no details have been confirmed by Sony.

Tabloid reports claim that the singer may receive up to £5 million for each live date.

Jackson's last comeback was at the World Music Awards in 2006, but he was roundly criticised for only performing a couple of lines from 'We Are The World' at the London ceremony.

Have his children ever been to a school or do they only receive private tuition?

sindydoll
04-03-2009, 12:04
isnt he a pedophile

Perdita
04-03-2009, 12:23
He always denied the charges and he was found not guilty on all charges in his trial.

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-03-2009, 18:47
Is anyone planning to see this?

I've been a fan for god knows how long, but he i don't think he is the same now, and am totally torn about seeing him, i have not liked many of his songs since 1997 (granted since 1997 he hasn't really relased many but i think out of what he did release i liked 3)

sindydoll
04-03-2009, 22:41
Michael Jackson to Make a Special Announcement in London
at the O2
Attention Fans! AEG Live is inviting you down to The O2 in London for a very special announcement from Michael Jackson. Access is granted on a first come first served basis.

Here are the details:
WHAT: Michael Jackson to Make A Special Announcement
WHEN: Thursday, March 5th
TIME: Suggested Arrival Time is 1pm.
Press Conference Starts at 4pm.

WHERE: The O2
Grand Concourse
Peninsula Square
London SE10 0DX

http://www.michaeljackson.com/pressconference

angel_eyes87
05-03-2009, 13:55
Michael Jackson to Make a Special Announcement in London
at the O2
Attention Fans! AEG Live is inviting you down to The O2 in London for a very special announcement from Michael Jackson. Access is granted on a first come first served basis.

Here are the details:
WHAT: Michael Jackson to Make A Special Announcement
WHEN: Thursday, March 5th
TIME: Suggested Arrival Time is 1pm.
Press Conference Starts at 4pm.

WHERE: The O2
Grand Concourse
Peninsula Square
London SE10 0DX

http://www.michaeljackson.com/pressconference

OMG!! He is touring, not surprised, will get more money touring here than in the US, plus more privacy:cheer:

Chloe O'brien
05-03-2009, 14:45
The Tickets are going to be an outrageous price, I wouldn't pay the money. I preferred him when he sung with the Jackson 5

sindydoll
05-03-2009, 18:21
Michael Jackson made a dramatic appearance in London today to confirm he is will make his live comeback at the O2 Arena this summer. Arriving over 90 minutes late, with a collection of fans driven into absolute frenzy, the self-styled King Of Pop told the international media "This is it", calling the dates "the final curtain call". Although he made no official confirmation of how many concerts will take place, it is believed that ten shows will kick-off at the venue from July 8, with a pre-sale scheduled at www.michaeljackson.com.

Taking to the stage following an introduction from Dermot O'Leary, Jackson strolled off a tour bus, sidestepped a golf buggy backstage and emerged from behind a red curtain to tell the world: "I love you so much. This is it. I just want to say that this will be my final performances in London. When I say this is it, I mean this is it. I will be performing the songs my fans want to hear. This really is the final curtain call and I'll see you in July." With that he was off, a frail but enigmatic display which suggests the greatest comeback in pop history could actually happen.

Posters promoting Jackson's return and advertising plans for 10 dates in June at the former Millennium Dome begun to emerge across the UK capital's Underground network this morning. Meanwhile, the British media insist the singer has passed a rigorous series of health checks, to ensure he is up to the demands of such intense live showmanship and is also clear of his many reported ailments. "Every physical test under the sun was done to ensure all bases were covered. They are confident his health is good enough to perform", a source told The Daily Mirror.

Fans from the public eye have joined his loyal band of followers in paying tribute to Jackson and celebrating the news. "He sort of transcends everything now doesn't he?", commented Chris Lowe from the Pet Shop Boys. "It's almost like he doesn't exist. I think that's the appeal, that this person you can't image actually physically exists anymore", he said. Many have gathered outside his London hotel, hoping to see their idol, including Rhianan Adam, who said: "I've been a fan since I was five...and I've waited 12 years for him to perform again. I thought his career was going to be over."

sindydoll
06-03-2009, 12:05
according to the daily mail tickets are going to be £50 and £75..which isnt too bad! he will be duing 10 nights at the 02 around 20,000 tickets will go on sale for each concert tickets go on sale next friday at 7am he will net £35m! to get tickets you have to go through his website

no1abbafan
06-03-2009, 19:22
If he was playing in my backgarden, I would pull the curtains and turn the TV up loud - I cannot stand the man, never could and never will.

Chloe O'brien
06-03-2009, 19:50
There was a discussion on the radio today asking viewers if anyone would take their kids to see him. I wouldn't I may have went to see him 20 years ago but not now.

sindydoll
07-03-2009, 16:47
he's a sicko!

Perdita
10-03-2009, 10:29
Michael Jackson has confirmed an initial ten live dates at London's O2 arena.

The legendary star, who announced the comeback gigs last week, will kick off the residency on July 8.

A further nine dates have been scheduled on July 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24, 26 and July 28.

More than 14,000 people per minute are visiting the website to register for pre-sale tickets, and so far numbers could see the 20,000 seat arena filled 50 times over.

"We are making show business history here. The demand has exceeded our wildest expectations and without doubt will break box office records," concert promoter Randy Phillips said.

"This is the last chance to see Michael Jackson in London, we are doing everything we can at AEG live to ensure as many fans as possible can be a part of the experience."

Ticket prices start at £50. Official pre-sale begins at 7am on Wednesday, March 11 on www.MichaelJacksonLive.com.

Perdita
11-03-2009, 06:09
MICHAEL JACKSON’s London comeback is going ahead with a little help from rock Lord ROD STEWART.
The FACES frontman is renting Jacko his swish Essex mansion as the weird one stages his ten-show residency at The O2 in July.

I bet thrifty Rod is charging the King Of Pop a king’s ransom for the trouble too.

Rod The Mod’s gaff is just 3½miles outside Greater London.

It is set among the 180-acre Copped Hall estate — and even has a five-a-side football pitch.

Wacko has also revealed he WILL release new music in time for his spectacular return.

RANDY PHILLIPS, the boss of concert promoters AEG Live, said: “There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date.”

Phillips also hinted the Don’t Stop ’Til You Get Enough singer could take a leaf out of PRINCE’s book and give away a brand new album to fans who go to his shows.

During the pocket-sized funk maestro’s 21-night residency at the East London venue in 2007, a copy of his latest collection Planet Earth was handed out to punters as they filed in.

Phillips added: “Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans.”

Perhaps he could dish out some Jesus Juice as a little bonus?

I’ve also managed to unearth some details of Jacko’s show, which kicks off on July 8 with the last night on July 28.

He is planning to emulate illusionist DAVID BLAINE and FLOAT over the stage.

Phillips said: “He wants to use some technical effects that have never been seen before.”

The multi Grammy Award-winner has not performed a full-length concert since 1997. He has been plagued by ill-health ever since.

Concerned about the strain an hour-and-a-half live show will put on his frail, 50-year-old frame, the star is training an army of dance doubles who will take responsibility for some of his more challenging routines.

Bryan
11-03-2009, 08:58
i dont see the appeal!? people are going crazy for him like he's god or something!!!!???

my friend is trying to get us all up at 5:30am on Friday to get tickets for her!? i think not!

He's never been that great, and now after this long abcence, surely he's out of touch from it all now? Sounds like this is just an excuse to pay off his lawyer debts.

Trinity
11-03-2009, 11:32
He WAS a genius.

He is now, past it and tainted.

Luna
11-03-2009, 13:48
Got my tickets in the presale this morning!!! woo hoo!!!! :cheer:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-03-2009, 15:56
I got a text (as I'm on O2) for priority tickets. Was going to delete it but then kept it for my friend.. By that time (a few hours later) the tickets sold out!

Perdita
11-03-2009, 16:01
Got my tickets in the presale this morning!!! woo hoo!!!! :cheer:

Let us know how the concert went please :bow:

Perdita
11-03-2009, 16:02
Michael Jackson has added nine extra dates at the O2 arena following the pre-sale launch.

On top of the original shows, Jackson will also play the venue on August 1, 3, 10, 12, 17, 24, 26, 28 and 30.

Pre-sale tickets were available for registered fans from 7am this morning.

The 50-year-old popstar, who announced his 'This Is It' live comeback last week, has not played a full concert since his child molestation trial in 2005.

Further dates and tickets details are expected to be announced over the next few days.

Perdita
12-03-2009, 06:02
TOUTS swooped to grab MICHAEL JACKSON tickets yesterday — then demanded up to £2,500 a pop just minutes after a ****-up left fuming fans EMPTY-HANDED.
Phone lines jammed and a website crashed as 1.5million people clamoured to snap up the first batch to go on sale for Jacko’s concerts at London’s O2 arena.

Last night he added 18 MORE shows to his ten-night run — amid fury at touts somehow getting their hands on tickets while desperate fans were left with just mega phone bills.

Outraged Rich Diment, 28 — among callers who swamped The Sun to blast the shambles — raged: “I’ve been a Michael Jackson fan all my life. It’s frustrating as well as a rip-off.”

The Bristol insurance worker was among O2 phone customers meant to have been given priority after registering and getting a special code for tickets that went on sale at 7am yesterday.

The rest will be offered to the general public tomorrow.

Rich phoned authorised seller Ticketmaster on the dot but got an automated message saying there were “problems”.

After also battling in vain to buy online he said: “I don’t want to pay a tout, but I may have to.”

Fed-up Matt Rice, 27, of Coventry, was left hanging on the phone for two hours — and was eventually cut off.

He then discovered all the tickets had gone.

The rail worker fumed: “It’s my only chance of ever seeing the King of Pop live.

“I wanted to take my wife Michelle. If I don’t get any when the rest go on sale I’ll have to fork out on the black market.”

Yesterday fan-to-fan online ticket exchange Seatwave was offering two tickets for £2,999.99 — while another seller was asking £5,000 for a pair.

Face value is between £50 and £75. A pair of tickets among the scores being offered on eBay were priced at £1,000.

One gloating tout declared: “I have bought these tickets from Ticketmaster this morning.

“Lots of people with pre-sale codes missed out.”

Ticketmaster blamed a “technical issue” for the chaos and said it was sorry.

Boss Chris Edmonds told how demand was “unprecedented”.

Meanwhile the 20,000-seat arena said: “We apologise.”

Jacko, 50, will earn £35million from his “This Is It” tour.

His London shows — which he says will be his last here — will now run from July 8 until September.

That is not fair :angry:

Xx-Vicky-xX
12-03-2009, 10:31
We got 4 tickets to this from the pre sale tickets yesterday, i am still yet to decide if i want to go or not

Perdita
12-03-2009, 12:34
Michael Jackson has continued to add dates to his O2 residency, which now stretches into September.

The 50-year-old popstar has increased the number of dates to 27 in response to incredible demand. It is still not known how many shows Jackson may end up scheduling in total.

Originally the 'Thriller' singer announced a ten-show run at the London venue, but following the huge response to presale tickets, he has now confirmed another nine.

He now has 11 shows in place for July, nine in August and seven scheduled for September.

Jackson's 'This Is It' concerts will be the singer's first full live shows since his 1996/97 'HIStory' tour. He has described the gigs as his "curtain call", insisting that they will be his last ever in the UK.

Meanwhile, Ticketmaster has apologised for "technical problems" that occurred during the ticket sale on Wednesday.

"Unfortunately due to a technical issue, we were unable to facilitate all immediate ticket requests," said managing director Chris Edmonds.

"Apologies to those fans who were unable to log on, but fans should keep on trying to purchase tickets."

Layne
12-03-2009, 12:51
Two friends have each got 4 tickets through the presale code thing, i can go if i want but i dont know if i fancy it - Michael is good but i literally only know and like a handful of his songs so i dont know if its worth it.

Siobhan
12-03-2009, 12:54
Two friends have each got 4 tickets through the presale code thing, i can go if i want but i dont know if i fancy it - Michael is good but i literally only know and like a handful of his songs so i dont know if its worth it.

Layne.. my friend went to see Jackson when he played Ireland years ago.. didn't like him or really know his music but he said it was one of the best concerts he has ever been too.. plus this is his final concert so you have nothing to lose by going

Layne
12-03-2009, 12:58
Yeh thats the other sde of my mind, i mean im sure it will be an AMAZING concert and this is a one time only shot!

Perdita
12-03-2009, 14:13
Michael Jackson's residency at London's O2 arena will continue well into 2010 after the singer added more dates to his farewell tour.

The veteran pop star will now play 45 nights at the venue, with seven shows planned for January and February.

Pre-sale tickets for Jackson's first ten dates sold out on Tuesday but some fans complained of "technical problems" trying to register online.

Ticketmaster director Chris Edmonds said demand was "unprecedented".

He added: "Unfortunately due to a technical issue, we were unable to facilitate all immediate ticket requests. Apologies to those fans who were unable to log on, but fans should keep on trying to purchase tickets."

Additional codes are being issued, the organisers said, with registration being dealt with on a first come, first served basis.

The pre-ticket sale will close later with the rest of the tickets going on sale to the general public from 0700 GMT on Friday.

Tickets for the Jackson shows are already being sold on the online auction website eBay.

Prices on the site range from £170 to £10,000, but tickets bought directly from the singer's website or Ticketmaster cost up to £75.

The final date listed on the singer's website is 18 February 2010.

Jackson, who has won 13 Grammy awards, has said this will be the last time he will perform in the UK.

In August and September 2007, Prince played 21 concerts at the O2 arena together with a number of aftershows at its club venue, Indigo.

At this rate he will give concerts until he is old enough to legally retire

Perdita
12-03-2009, 15:09
The setlist for Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' shows at London's O2 have reportedly been leaked.

According to The Mirror, the shows will feature the singer's 'Greatest Hits', allaying promoters AEG Live's fears that he may perform tracks from his more recent back catalogue.

"Bosses were concerned that Michael might veer away from his greatest hits," said a source. "He wanted to guarantee that this would not be the case and produced the list to reassure them.

"He's toying with the idea of doing Jackson 5 [songs], and he'll open with a four minute long intro to Billie Jean."

Presale tickets for 30 Jackson concerts sold out yesterday. He has announced further dates today, which stretch into 2010.

The reported setlist is as folows:

'Billie Jean'

'Wanna Be Startin' Something'

'Rock With You'

'The Way You Make Me Feel'

'Don't Stop Till You Get Enough'

'I Just Can't Stop Loving You'

'Human Nature'

'Smooth Criminal'

'Girlfriend'

'Beat It'

'Man in the Mirror'

'One Day In Your Life'

'Heal The World'

'You Are Not Alone'

'Remember The Time'

'Thriller'

If this is true, it should be a great concert.

Xx-Vicky-xX
12-03-2009, 15:42
Hope that is true, though it is a shame Bad won't be done but still a good bunch of songs

Bryan
12-03-2009, 18:13
i'm up at 6:30 tomorrow for tickets! gonna sell them on ebay and make a tidy little profit! :D

Perdita
12-03-2009, 18:39
Good luck :D

sindydoll
13-03-2009, 10:06
how many will be cancelled due to ill health? and how much has the insurance gone up to now icase he cancels?

sindydoll
13-03-2009, 10:25
http://www.theo2.co.uk/event/michael-jackson-20090304.html

Chloe O'brien
13-03-2009, 11:35
i'm up at 6:30 tomorrow for tickets! gonna sell them on ebay and make a tidy little profit! :D

I'm sorry but that is wrong in my book. It shouldn't be allowed as it stops genuine fans who want too see him getting tickets.

Siobhan
13-03-2009, 11:43

I'm sorry but that is wrong in my book. It shouldn't be allowed as it stops genuine fans who want too see him getting tickets.

That is what is happening all the time and it is shameful.. that is why some ticket are cost 10K.. it is a disgrace.. A guy here at work does that all the time, buys tickets and sells them on Ebay.. he doesn't even know or like half the stuff he is selling tickets for

Perdita
13-03-2009, 15:11
WENN
Michael Jackson has added further dates to his O2 residency in an attempt to keep up with rising demand from fans.

A total of 50 dates are now planned for the singer's "final curtain call" and will take the stint well into 2010, says the BBC.

A week ago, Jackson announced to fans that he would perform ten dates at the London venue as his final farewell.

The number of dates has steadily increased due to unprecedented interest and presale tickets for 30 shows between July and September sold out on Tuesday. Initially 12 dates were added but a further eight will now see the stint running until next February.

If all 50 gigs sell out, Jackson will have sold one million seats in what organisers have hailed as the fastest selling residency in history.

I can understand the concern for his health, that is a big commitment.

sindydoll
13-03-2009, 16:15
a spokesman of his was talking on the radio today and he said that probobly more dates will go on sale through next year...50 is only a start

JustJodi
14-03-2009, 10:16
I just can not see him even completing one gig, he has always been too sick to finish any thing,, those songs he has chosen are HIGH ENERGY,, I do not think he is physicaly able to do the complete set .. this is just my opinion

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-03-2009, 11:21
I just can not see him even completing one gig, he has always been too sick to finish any thing,, those songs he has chosen are HIGH ENERGY,, I do not think he is physicaly able to do the complete set .. this is just my opinion

He isn't doing much dancing, he has loads of backing dancers for that so it might not be so bad

JustJodi
14-03-2009, 12:17

He isn't doing much dancing, he has loads of backing dancers for that so it might not be so bad

We shall see,, I guess I do not have any faith in him..Hes 50 years old and has not been AT IT like the ROLLINGSTONES, and the other old time performers who have been around constantly since they started.. MJ has had too many BREAKS in his career..:searchme:

Perdita
14-03-2009, 13:24
I believe that he is rehearsing and getting fit for the tour, hope he manages it

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-03-2009, 15:02
Did you manage to get any? Some of my mates were up early but it crashed while they were waiting! I totally forgot to check it out until 7.15am when I realised :lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-03-2009, 16:32

We shall see,, I guess I do not have any faith in him..Hes 50 years old and has not been AT IT like the ROLLINGSTONES, and the other old time performers who have been around constantly since they started.. MJ has had too many BREAKS in his career..:searchme:

I am with you i can't see him being anywhere near as good as i know he was 20 years ago but i will go with an open mind, i have afterall been a fan since i was about 2/3 years old and it will be my first and only chance to ever see him live, to not go after so long would be daft, and something i think i would end up regretting in the future and i am sure i am not the only person who has these same thoughts

sindydoll
14-03-2009, 16:45
i cant understand why people want to give him money

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-03-2009, 16:47

I don't think people think about it as giving him money, i think people see it as a last chance to see a man millions of people around the world loved and admired for a very long time

sindydoll
14-03-2009, 16:49

I don't think people think about it as giving him money, i think people see it as a last chance to see a man millions of people around the world loved and admired for a very long timehes a pervert just like glitter

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-03-2009, 16:56

I don't think people think about it as giving him money, i think people see it as a last chance to see a man millions of people around the world loved and admired for a very long timehes a pervert just like glitter

So people say, but it wasn't proved that he is. It is down to personal opinion if people want to believe that i think, personally i never did, and the way the ticket sales have gone aswell i say there are alot of other people out there aswell who don't either. And besides, it's a concert, a concert performed by a man who was rightfully given the title "king of pop", a man who was loved by millions of fans, a man who broke records with his music, some people will just see a man who was accused of all kinds of things involving kids, and a man who has not been right for over 10 years, but others see this as a fantastic opportunity to see that guy that broke records, so what if he isn't the same, somewhere he is still that guy

sindydoll
14-03-2009, 18:19

So people say, but it wasn't proved that he is. It is down to personal opinion if people want to believe that i think, personally i never did, and the way the ticket sales have gone aswell i say there are alot of other people out there aswell who don't either. And besides, it's a concert, a concert performed by a man who was rightfully given the title "king of pop", a man who was loved by millions of fans, a man who broke records with his music, some people will just see a man who was accused of all kinds of things involving kids, and a man who has not been right for over 10 years, but others see this as a fantastic opportunity to see that guy that broke records, so what if he isn't the same, somewhere he is still that guy
yes your right it is personal opinion and my personal opinion is that he is a perv who shouldnt get any money! and he got away with it because he paid his way out and that's my personal opinion too!

sindydoll
14-03-2009, 18:20
good luck to you! make has much money out of him has you can

Perdita
14-03-2009, 18:22
But then you only have the press to rely on for the information on whether he paid his way out or not. And the tabloids are not known to for always telling the truth and nothing but the truth. Fact is, he was found not guilty in court.

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-03-2009, 18:26

yes your right it is personal opinion and my personal opinion is that he is a perv who should get any money! and he got away with it because he paid his way out and that's my personal opinion too!

But anyone can say anything, the only people who will ever truely know the truth are the kids involved and Michael, there are people out there who won't believe Michael unless he owns up to it, but what if there is nothing to own up to, would you like someone not believing you and not liking you for something you didn't do and will only believe you if you say that you did something when you didn't? Yeah there is a chance he did, but i do not believe Michael has the correct frame of mind to do something like that, and even if he did, it is just a concert, personally i do not see why the fact that he may or may not be a pervert should mean people do not go to a concert, especially when no one will ever really know what happened

Perdita
17-03-2009, 06:18
THERE are a few things that MICHAEL JACKSON needs to get him through 50 dates at the O2 – but more plastic surgery is not one of them.
Sadly it sounds like that’s exactly what the Weird One is planning.

Hundreds of thousands of fans have shelled out huge wads of cash to see the Michael of old.

But his biographer says it’s a new, and not necessarily improved, Jacko, that they’re going to get.

Journalist Ian Halperin – who has written new book Unmasked: The Michael Jackson Story – claims the singer is planning to splash out on revamping his image.

He says: “Michael has consulted some of the world’s best cosmetologists and surgeons in preparation for this comeback.”

It follows hot on the heels of internet speculation that it wasn’t even Jacko who launched his O2 run with DERMOT O’LEARY.

Fans are claiming that his voice was too deep and chin too square.

Michael’s people have denied the latest plastic surgery claims.

Then again they also say the only work he’s ever had done is on his nose to help him breathe.

Siobhan
17-03-2009, 09:45
But anyone can say anything, the only people who will ever truely know the truth are the kids involved and Michael, there are people out there who won't believe Michael unless he owns up to it, but what if there is nothing to own up to, would you like someone not believing you and not liking you for something you didn't do and will only believe you if you say that you did something when you didn't? Yeah there is a chance he did, but i do not believe Michael has the correct frame of mind to do something like that, and even if he did, it is just a concert, personally i do not see why the fact that he may or may not be a pervert should mean people do not go to a concert, especially when no one will ever really know what happened

I am not saying he did anything to those kids but you not think it is a tad weird? if he was a guy of the street and asked you if your 10 year old could hang out with him, you would immediately call him a perv. But cause he is Micheal Jackson, the parent of these kids thinks it is perfectly normal to have their 10 year old sleep over with a grown man in his 40's

Perdita
17-03-2009, 09:54
But surely going to his concert performance is totally different to leaving your kids with him in his house? Michael has always denied the accusations and was cleared in his trial, his behaviour has always been excentric, to say the least, since he has been a teenager.That guy needs a good psychiatrist imo.
I would never attend a Gary Glitter concert, for example, he is a pervert, has been in jail for it. No way would I donate any money to his life style. MJ is different, I agree with Vicky and so do thousands of people as all his concerts are sold out.

Perdita
24-03-2009, 15:43
Michael Jackson is reportedly planning to travel to his upcoming London O2 arena shows by boat.

According to The Mirror, organisers of his 50-date residency were forced to employ a river boat company as a taxi after the 'Thriller' star confessed that he was scared of helicopters and being driven "in public places".

"He loves the idea of turning up by boat - he thinks it's much more glamorous and very James Bond," revealed an insider.

Concert promoters AEG Live had reportedly hoped that Jackson would live in the countryside during his tour in order to avoid excess attention. However, they have now begun looking at properties in Central London after the 50-year-old said that he was worried about being stuck in traffic.

Perdita
25-03-2009, 10:30
Michael Jackson has reportedly decided that he wants to ride an elephant on stage at his upcoming London concerts.

According to The Mirror, the 'Thriller' star has asked organisers of his 50-date residency at the O2 arena to provide a panther, snakes, tropical birds and three monkeys to complement his planned jungle theme.

"He hopes to make it the most spectacular gig ever. For the jungle section, he wants to ride out on an African elephant with panthers led on gold chains. Parrots and other birds will fly behind him. If it goes to plan it will look incredible," explained a source.

The 50-year-old singer is also hoping to convince 100 Masai warriors to travel to the capital and take part in his shows.

However, insiders have suggested that Jackson's managers are unhappy with the proposals in light of the additional costs involved. They are also said to be worried about breaching animal welfare laws which ban the use of non-domestic animals on stage.

Earlier this week, it was reported that the musician had invited the Harry Potter cast to the opening night of his tour and was planning to arrive at the East London venue by boat.

:eek: :eek:

Perdita
27-03-2009, 10:52
Michael Jackson has reportedly asked Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake to join him on stage for some of the dates at his sell-out O2 concerts.

The star is said to be concerned that the performances could lose their "wow factor" due to the length of his 50-date residency, thelondonpaper reports.

An insider said: "Michael knows that stretching out all those shows and keeping it fresh is going to be hard, and one way to do this is to collaborate with some other big stars that he admires.

"The idea would be for them to do five dates each with him. As well as Britney and Justin, he's in talks with producer Timbaland about doing some of the dates too."

Jackson has been urged by the People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals and Captive Animals' Protection Society to reconsider reported plans to ride an elephant on stage at the concerts.

Layne
27-03-2009, 22:02
I'd love for Britney and Justin to be there on my date - 3 stars - BARGAIN ;)

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-03-2009, 22:49

I am not saying he did anything to those kids but you not think it is a tad weird? if he was a guy of the street and asked you if your 10 year old could hang out with him, you would immediately call him a perv. But cause he is Micheal Jackson, the parent of these kids thinks it is perfectly normal to have their 10 year old sleep over with a grown man in his 40's

In all honesty how do we actually know for sure he invited them to his house, anyone can say anything, does not have to be true, but has to be taken seriously incase it has, especially when a child is involved, but if it did happen, yes it would be weird for any guy, including MJ and any woman for that matter to invite a child to their house, having been a fan for most of my life though i dont believe he did it, i will never know for sure but it is my personal opinion and the fact is he was cleared of all accusations, i certainly would not let accusations stop me going to a concert, for one the guy will be one stage, if he is a pervert or what ever it is not like he can actually do anything at a crowded arena

But surely going to his concert performance is totally different to leaving your kids with him in his house? Michael has always denied the accusations and was cleared in his trial, his behaviour has always been excentric, to say the least, since he has been a teenager.That guy needs a good psychiatrist imo.
I would never attend a Gary Glitter concert, for example, he is a pervert, has been in jail for it. No way would I donate any money to his life style. MJ is different, I agree with Vicky and so do thousands of people as all his concerts are sold out.

It is the excentric behaviour that you mention which makes me believe MJ could never do what he was accused of, he was never allowed to be a child, he was in the Jackson 5 at 5 years old, his dad had him practicing every day and was very strict about rehearsals, while most kids were out playing Michael and his brothers were in the house singing. Because he never really lived life away from singing and the public eye he didnt grow up the way normal children do, i believe he has a child-like mind and what child thinks of doing the things which MJ was accused of. I have said that i wont ever know if i am right or wrong and nor will anyone else, there are only a handful of people who know the truth and they are Michael and the kids that he is supposed to have had in his house, the kids say one thing, Michael says the opposite, we don't know the truth, i just know what i believe

Perdita
30-03-2009, 10:55
Michael Jackson reportedly wants Leona Lewis to perform with him during his 50-date residency at the O2 arena.

According to The Sun, the 50-year-old popstar believes Leona would be the perfect replacement for his sister Janet on the 1995 duet 'Scream'.

"Michael has a list of singers he feels could do Janet justice - and Leona is top," said a source.

"She's massive all around the world and he feels this duet would give both their careers an even bigger boost."

It was reported last week that Jackson was hoping to get Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake to join him at the London shows.

He might just be able to afford her after selling out all 50 dates.

Perdita
31-03-2009, 05:58
Michael Jackson is reportedly considering performing a duet with his eldest son at his upcoming London concerts.

According to MSNBC, the 'Thriller' star is planning to invite 12-year-old Prince Michael I on stage during his summer residency at the O2 arena.

"What better way to introduce his son to the music world than to have him come onstage during the most anticipated concert in history?", said an unnamed insider.

"Of course nothing’s set yet and Michael is always changing his mind."

Jackson, who is also father to daughter Paris and son Prince Michael II, is known for keeping his children away from the spotlight, often covering their faces when they are out in public.

Previously, it has been reported that Leona Lewis, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are all on Jackson's wishlist of guest performers for his 50-date tour.

Will his face be seen or will it be hidden under a veil if this happens? :hmm:

Perdita
01-04-2009, 06:05
WACKO JACKO has called on the services of oddball pal DAVID COPPERFIELD to make his O2 shows something to remember.

The creepy illusionist has joined Jacko’s payroll to mastermind a series of spectacular onstage stunts.

Michael, as he likes to be known to the young ’uns, has challenged the man who once made the Statue of Liberty disappear to help him stun the audience with mindblowing magic.

They have met at Copperfield’s Californian HQ and drawn up plans for highwire routines and a levitation trick which will be the centrepiece of the show.

A host of other smaller plans are being pieced together, too. Orders have gone in for more than 100 mirrors and enough dry ice to last a Blackpool nightclub into the next century.

A source said: “Jacko and David have been close pals for years.

“Michael is a massive fan of magic and has been to see all the big illusionists in Vegas over the years.

“He has some very clear plans on what he wants the show to include and feels David is the man to help make them happen. It’s not just about music for Michael, it’s about the show.

“The levitation stunt will be something special.”

Rehearsals for Jacko’s tour start next month. It’s pretty clear to everyone that the 50-year-old has a lot of preparation to do before he will be physically fit enough to perform.

And by the sound of things he’s going to have a seriously complicated concept on his hands by the time the first night kicks off at the east London venue on July 8.

If David Copperfield is involved I hope it doesn’t become one big smoke-and-mirrors disguise hiding the man himself from the spotlight.

If I don’t see the moonwalk I’ll be leaving seriously unimpressed.

Copperfield has levitated over the Grand Canyon and walked through the Great Wall Of China.

So if anyone can disguise the fading Pop King’s physical weaknesses, it’s him.

I revealed last month how Jacko had invited the cast of Harry Potter along as his VIP guests on the opening night.

They had better bring that invisibility cape, just in case...

From The Sun

Perdita
30-04-2009, 14:23
Tito Jackson has reportedly said that he would like to be part of a full reunion of The Jackson 5 at the O2 this summer.

The singer is interested in joining his brother Michael on stage at some point during the star's 50-date residency at the London venue, Contactmusic claims.

Tito said: "I will definitely be there to watch Michael. I hope he would invite his brothers on stage, if they are all ready, willing and able.

"We will be here and supporting our brother. If we're invited [to perform] we definitely will. Yes, I think somewhere in his heart there's a space."

Last year, former Celebrity Big Brother contestant Jermaine said that the Motown group would reform during 2009, claims confirmed by sister La Toya on this year's show in January.

sindydoll
01-05-2009, 14:22
signature are going to be one of the support acts...those guys from britains got talent

Chloe O'brien
01-05-2009, 22:41
I'd rather pay to see signature than Michael Jackson.

Perdita
16-05-2009, 06:38
DEFIANT MICHAEL JACKSON is determined to make a full recovery after doctors assured him that his skin cancer is treatable.
The 50-year-old Beat It singer was diagnosed with the disease in recent weeks.

Experts found spots of skin cancer on his upper body and pre-cancerous cells on his face.

But the pop legend WILL be fit to perform his £150million comeback gigs at London’s O2 Arena from July. And aides say he is looking forward to the 50 sell-out shows — amid predictions they will be his most spectacular ever.

A source said: “Michael’s tests showed spots of skin cancer on his body, and cells which could turn to skin cancer on his face.

“He was at first very concerned, but says he has been assured by the doctors that they can treat this and he will recover.

“Michael is really looking forward to his concerts and is determined to wow his fans at each and every gig.

“He said he’s insisted that any treatment must fit around the concerts, and the show will go on.”

Jacko, who has been seen making regular visits to his Beverly Hills dermatologist wearing a mask and surgical cap, received the shock diagnosis last month.

He was seen on April 22 at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, which has a specialist lab to test for such diseases.

The star’s Escalade motor was involved in an incident as it arrived to pick him up.

It is believed Jacko will be treated by Cambridge-educated Dr Ralph Massey, an award-winning cosmetic and skin cancer surgeon based in Santa Monica.

It is thought the star’s condition may be linked to his vitiligo, a disease that affects pigmentation.

The US Federal Drug Administration has previously warned of a risk of skin cancer from skin bleaching treatments.

While Jacko strongly denies ever using skin bleaching products, an eBay sale claiming to be of his belongings last year included a used tube of the cream.

Jackson has promised organisers of his eagerly-anticipated 02 gigs that he is fully fit to perform — and is believed to have passed a series of medical tests.

He is currently involved in intense rehearsals in LA — working through gruelling dance routines for the two-hour-plus concerts in his This Is It tour.

They will feature more than 22 different sets, numerous costume changes — and a dance move to rival his famous moonwalk.

Jacko’s closest aides insist he is in good health and looking forward to the concerts.

Business manager Dr Tomhe recently said he had only taken time out of the spotlight to care for his children — Prince, 11, Paris Katherine, ten, and Prince Michael II, five.

Speaking after Jackson appeared at a London press conference to announce his concert dates, Dr Tomhe said: “He’s come back to put an end to all the bull******* rumours about his health.

“I think he has answered his critics. He is back to his old self - he’s fine, and couldn’t be in better shape. He was away for all this time because he was dedicating his life to his children and being a single parent.”

Tomhe is adamant that Jackson will use his comeback concerts to prove his doubters wrong.

He added: “It was his idea because he misses his fans and his fans have missed him.

“He is very excited and the shows this summer are going to be more spectacular than ever before.”

Concert promoters AEG Live International insist the star had passed a full medical before signing for the live shows.

Company president Rob Hallett said: “He’s fitter than I’ll ever be. His cholesterol levels, his blood, everything was perfect and we got the insurance.”

The motor collision at the Cedars-Sinai on April 22 was widely reported in the US.

Paramedic Jamin Mauro and his partner were idling outside the hospital when a black Cadillac Escalade hit their ambulance, knocking off a mirror.

The driver then walked to the hospital doors with an umbrella and met Jacko, Mauro said.

The car is said to have driven away after the star jumped in. Beverly Hills cops acknowledged the collision. Mauro said he and his partner were upset the driver did not wait to swap details.

Mauro said: “I don’t know if Jackson told him to leave or not, but they should have stayed.”

Earlier this year we revealed the star, who has had a string of health problems, had been treated for an MRSA-style skin infection.

He denied earlier claims by his biographer Ian Halperin he was suffering from a lung disease.

He was treated for back pain during his 2005 trial, when he was cleared of child molestation charges.

A RECORD 242 students simultaneously performed Jacko’s Thriller dance routine in Williamsburg, Virginia.

From The Sun

Luna
20-05-2009, 17:31
totally gutted!!!

Just got an email to say that they will not be ready in time to launch the concert on the date ive booked for, 12th july, and mines has been rescheduled until the 3rd march2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :angry:

Perdita
20-05-2009, 19:17
:eek: That is bad news. But perhaps they get things sorted and they can bring your event forward again

no1abbafan
20-05-2009, 22:28
No offence meant but this concert was never going to happen, the chap can barely walk unaided, not to mind moon walk.

sindydoll
20-05-2009, 23:17
i dont believe he will play all those concerts! he certainly wont be live it wouldnt be possible i think he is goin to cancel some he just aint up to it

Chloe O'brien
20-05-2009, 23:43
I think a lot of concerts will be cancelled. He's not performed in years and he's not been turing up for rehersals. There is no way he is going to be able to pull of all thoses shows. He hasn't got the stanima.

angel_eyes87
20-05-2009, 23:52
I'm glad I couldn't get hold of tickets now, I always suspected that he wouldn't be able to do all the tour dates, not this bull about the time it takes to set up the concert. It's because he cannot keep up with the dance moves.

Luna
21-05-2009, 07:15
i think we're just going to go for the full refund, the whole reason i booked one of the first concerts was because i didnt think he would make it til the end

Chloe O'brien
21-05-2009, 11:41
The way they were talking on the news this morning he will be lucky to make it at all.

Perdita
03-06-2009, 06:07
CANCER-stricken MICHAEL JACKSON is shunning food and now weighs less than nine stone, The Sun can reveal.

Thriller singer Jacko, who is 5ft 10ins, is said to be terrified that piling on the pounds could ruin his chances of beating the disease.

So he is insisting on eating just one meal a day. A source said: “Michael has a phobia about getting fat.

“He doesn’t want to put on any weight at all. It’s not healthy for him because he weighs less than nine stone now.

“But he is insistent that he’ll only eat once a day and is adamant that’s enough food from him. He’s very thin and frail.

Jacko, 50 — hit by the skin cancer diagnosis last month — has already had painful shave biopsies on his chest, arm and nose to remove potentially lethal growths.

He visited a cancer clinic in Beverly Hills on Monday.

He has told friends he fears the cancer will make his nose fall off. The Sun revealed he will not have to undergo radiotherapy.

But there are fears the singer may not be strong enough to go ahead with 50 gigs at the O2 in London this summer. Jacko has already shelved four shows.

He is never going to sustain one concert, let alone nearly 50. I hope all the people with tickets get their money back.

Layne
03-06-2009, 19:03
My concert is in Jan so im not holding out for much hope - Ah well if he cancels my show i'll be £75 up!!!

Perdita
10-06-2009, 14:15
Michael Jackson has thrown his comeback in to chaos with bizarre demands for his child choir.

In emails seen by the Mirror, the singer wants every youngster able to do sign language.

The weird request was sent to casting agents on behalf of promoters AEG Live, who are behind the 50 dates at London’s O2 Arena.

Jacko, 50, also wants the child singers to be made up of “exactly equal” numbers of black, white, mixed-race and Asian children.

And, even weirder, Jacko is also after six marching snare drummers who are banned from having beards. The wacky email insists the drummers must be “young adults, clean-cut and of mixed ethnicity”.

It adds: “They must be real drummers so please do not waste our time suggesting people who are not.”

The child choir must be made up of kids ranging from five to 13.

Auditions are next week in London and the children are being paid for their time. The email states: “No past professional experience is necessary...due to children’s work permit laws we will cast more than one choir.”

But a source close to the promoters told the Mirror the demands have caused a “logistical nightmare”.

An insider said: “Normally when we cast choirs for acts, it’s quite a laborious task.

“But in this case, it’s proving a near impossibility. Jacko is a perfectionist and wants it exactly right and that means every child being able to do sign language.

“AEG are desperate to keep Jacko happy and so are pulling out all the stops to make it happen. But it’s a race against time.”

But over in Los Angeles, the singer’s rehearsals said to be going well.

Chloe O'brien
10-06-2009, 23:11
Why weren't all the requests for the concets arranged weeks ago instead of trying to organise acts at the last moment. At this rate with all the support acts he has he'll be lucky if he will have time to mime to half a dozen songs.

Perdita
11-06-2009, 07:11
Concert promoter AllGood Entertainment has filed a lawsuit to put a halt to Michael Jackson's comeback shows next month, according to reports.

The company, who earlier this year reportedly issued a cease and desist order against Jackson's 50-date O2 arena residency, claims that the singer is under contract with them for a Jackson 5 reunion tour, E! reports.

Under the alleged agreement, Jackson would not be allowed to perform the planned London shows until at least three months after a family band reformation in 2010.

In addition to attempting to prevent the concerts from taking place, the promoter is seeking $20 million in damages from the star, as well as his manager and AEG - the force behind the upcoming gigs.

"This is a case where the little guy followed the rules and was pushed aside by industry giants AEG and the Jacksons for the promise of bigger money and movies," AllGood said in a statement.

750,000 tickets have been sold for the residency, which is scheduled to start on July 13.

Last week, the 'Thriller' singer was reported to have told fans that he is not happy to have been booked to play the 50 dates.

sindydoll
11-06-2009, 23:18
if michael jackson does cancel dont worry.... we got tickets to girls aloud at beamish last summer the concert was cancelled we got a full refund plus our booking fee back we didnt loose a penny!
so please dont worry about your money!
same happened to a friend of mine when madonna cancelled one of her gigs at men arena he got every penny back

Chloe O'brien
11-06-2009, 23:26
I went to see Coldplay last December, it was supposed to be on Friday 5 December but it had to be rescheduled until the following Tuesday and anyone who wanted a refund could get it. I think it will be a shame for thousands of fans if the concerts are cancelled. It's fine if tickets have bought from Ticketmaster as you can get a full-refund, but what about all those fans who have bought them from e-bay and paid a lot more they won't get their money back.

sindydoll
12-06-2009, 12:04
I went to see Coldplay last December, it was supposed to be on Friday 5 December but it had to be rescheduled until the following Tuesday and anyone who wanted a refund could get it. I think it will be a shame for thousands of fans if the concerts are cancelled. It's fine if tickets have bought from Ticketmaster as you can get a full-refund, but what about all those fans who have bought them from e-bay and paid a lot more they won't get their money back.well yea that is bad but everyone knows the rules when buying from ebay before they buy them! but hopefully people who have sold them will be very genuine and get a refund for them

Perdita
30-06-2009, 09:52
Ticketholders for dates on Michael Jackson's cancelled 50-date London residency have been given information on how to get their money back.

Concert promoters AEG Live have said that fans will have the option of either returning their ticket for a full refund, or keeping the Jackson-designed pass as a souvenir.

Chief executive Randy Phillips said: "The world lost a kind soul who just happened to be the greatest entertainer the world has ever known.

"Since he loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."

Fans who purchased tickets through reseller Seatwave have been promised a full refund via the firm's TicketCover guarantee, while Viagogo customers will automatically be refunded.

A spokeswoman for eBay has urged buyers to get in touch with their seller directly to request a refund and said that those who bought via PayPal will be covered by insurance if they claim within 45 days.