PDA

View Full Version : New cast for 'High School Musical 4'

Perdita
04-03-2009, 09:44
Disney has revealed that High School Musical 4 will introduce a new cast of characters.

In a statement, the studio confirmed that original stars including Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are unlikely to return for the fourth instalment in the popular franchise.

"The High School Musical trilogy introduced a new generation to the celebrated genre of movie musicals," said Gary Marsh, president of Disney Channels Worldwide.

"In crafting this next iteration, we've challenged the entire creative team to raise the bar again and create something truly worthy of this extraordinary global phenomenon."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the storyline will revolve around a love triangle set against the backdrop of a school rivalry between the East High Wildcats and the West High Knights.

Peter Barsocchini, who wrote the previous three instalments, has been hired to pen the script.

Production is slated to begin later this year, with the movie scheduled to air on The Disney Channel in 2010.

Will it be the same without Zac and Vanessa? :hmm:

Chloe O'brien
05-03-2009, 12:09
I think HSM has been milked enough it's time to bring it to a close.

Abbie
06-03-2009, 18:39
Welll we've heard the rumours for ages

It wont be the same

It should have ended with the 3rd

Chloe O'brien
06-03-2009, 19:56
What is Sharpay going to be a drama teacher? Enough is enough we've had three films with cheesy songs to singalong time to say goodbye to East High.

thestud2k7
07-03-2009, 00:17
thats mistake

flims with brand new cast usually bomb look at grease 2

Tannie
07-03-2009, 09:57
I really don't think it'll work just leave it where it ended that's what i say.

Xx-Vicky-xX
07-03-2009, 12:48
If this goes ahead i will give it a chance but i really can't see it working too well

Abbie
07-03-2009, 15:34
It might work for younger generations but not me

Layne
07-03-2009, 18:43
I can't see it being as big a success and i can see it being one of those DIsney Channel movies that isn't that good. Disney should learn to leave things .... stop being so darn greedy :rolleyes: Imagine ... High School musical 7 :rolleyes:

sindydoll
07-03-2009, 19:47
not more high school :crying: :crying: :crying:

di marco
08-03-2009, 22:01
i hate high school musical anyway, but with a whole new cast whats the point, surely itll be like a totally new film?