PDA

View Full Version : Danniella in return to Enders?

Perdita
04-03-2009, 05:44
EASTENDERS bosses are in talks to bring back vixen Sam Mitchell — and could ask Danniella Westbrook to play her.
Soap chiefs came up with the idea to cause havoc for Sam’s former hubby Ricky Butcher and his ex Bianca.

Danniella, 35, left the BBC1 show in 2000 after a battle with cocaine addiction, and Kim Medcalf later took the role.

But bosses have mooted the idea of bringing back Danniella to give viewers a “shock”.

A show insider said: “She was the original Sam and the chemistry with Sid Owen as Ricky was exciting stuff.

“If she returns it will be the talk of soapland for months.”

Sid and Patsy Palmer, who plays Bianca, have already returned and Charlie Brooks is back as Janine Butcher.

The source said: “This would hark back to the Albert Square brat pack — Ricky, Bianca, Janine and Sam.” The character was last seen in 2005 after being falsely jailed for Dirty Den Watts’s murder.

Brothers Grant and Phil proved Chrissie Watts was the real killer — but Sam fled to Brazil to escape a four-year sentence for perverting the course of justice.

Mum-of-two Danniella, married to businessman Kevin Jenkins, last appeared on telly in ITV1’s I’m A Celebrity in 2003.

She said then: “These days I live an ordinary life. I work occasionally, but I also do the school run and make dinner.”

There is an earlier example of an actress returning to a part after someone else took over the role.

Barbara Bel Geddes quit as Miss Ellie Ewing in Dallas in 1984 — but came back the next year after Donna Reed had played the part for a season.

SBBB - Who killed Jane!? He did!

Chris_2k11
04-03-2009, 10:33
I know I was all for Sam returning but i'd rather it was Kim Medcalf not her. I really don't think of Daniella as Sam anymore.

tammyy2j
04-03-2009, 10:37
If Sam returns wont she go to jail for her part in Den's death :confused: and thats why she went to Brazil with Grant

I always prefered Kim playing Sam

sindydoll
04-03-2009, 13:03
i would of rather of had the other sam back too! but if sam does return she will be arrested

lizann
04-03-2009, 13:36
I hope Sam does not return at all

Chloe O'brien
05-03-2009, 15:05
What is it with bringing back old cast members, can't the writers use their imagination to create new characters. What would Sam do apart from fight with Bianca over Ricky.

parkerman
05-03-2009, 16:26
If Sam returns wont she go to jail for her part in Den's death :confused: and thats why she went to Brazil with Grant

This is EastEnders we're talking about!

Kim
05-03-2009, 22:54
I don't see it being that much of a shock to people. A) It's clearly been in the news now and B) She isn't supposed to be dead like Den Watts.

Chloe O'brien
05-03-2009, 23:23
I think we should make bets on who the next EE cast member desparate for a job will be linked to a return to the square:

Little Mo
Kat
Robbie Jackson
Zoe.

Abbie
06-03-2009, 18:45
Awww I liked sam :p

RuebenClara
08-03-2009, 01:31
I know I was all for Sam returning but i'd rather it was Kim Medcalf not her. I really don't think of Daniella as Sam anymore.

I agree. I can't take Daniella serious with that nose. The boat has sailed. They really should stick to Kim.

di marco
09-03-2009, 11:33
i liked sam but i dont think she should come back as surely she would go straight to prison? if they do have to bring her back they should ask kim back to play her not daniella

lizann
09-03-2009, 14:29
Soap queen Sharon Marshall just stated on This Morning with Phil and Fern, that Daniella was never even approached to return to eastenders.

Perdita
11-03-2009, 15:19
WENN
Danniella Westbrook may return to acting after her husband's courier firm went into administration.

Kevin Jenkins sold Premier Despatch to rivals Addison Lee and the couple are struggling to maintain their £1.75 million mansion, The Sun reports.

A friend said: "The credit crunch is affecting everyone and Danniella knows she's got to pull her weight.

"She's been a stay-at-home mum for years but as Kevin faces mounting financial problems she's keen to go back to work and help out.

"They need to downsize. The house has a swimming pool and grounds and costs a fortune to run. They're packed and ready to go as soon as they get an offer."

Jenkins's solicitor Nigel Calvert said: "Kevin is now pursuing other business interests."

Earlier this month, it was reported that Westbrook could return to EastEnders to reprise her role as Sam Mitchell.

tammyy2j
11-03-2009, 16:20
WENN
Danniella Westbrook may return to acting after her husband's courier firm went into administration.

Kevin Jenkins sold Premier Despatch to rivals Addison Lee and the couple are struggling to maintain their £1.75 million mansion, The Sun reports.

A friend said: "The credit crunch is affecting everyone and Danniella knows she's got to pull her weight.

"She's been a stay-at-home mum for years but as Kevin faces mounting financial problems she's keen to go back to work and help out.

"They need to downsize. The house has a swimming pool and grounds and costs a fortune to run. They're packed and ready to go as soon as they get an offer."

Jenkins's solicitor Nigel Calvert said: "Kevin is now pursuing other business interests."

Earlier this month, it was reported that Westbrook could return to EastEnders to reprise her role as Sam Mitchell.

Can she act? :confused: I've never seen her in anything but Eastenders and she was terrible

Perdita
12-03-2009, 05:51
EASTENDERS star Patsy Palmer wants former co-star Danniella Westbrook back behind the Queen Vic pumps.

Patsy, 36, who returned to the soap as Bianca last year, said she would love to see pal Danniella, 35, play feisty Sam Mitchell again.

Danniella left the soap in 2000 amid a much-publicised battle with drugs.

Patsy said: “It would be lovely for her to return and get back to work — she looks fantastic.”

Actress Kim Medcalf played Sam when the character returned in 2002.

matt1378
15-03-2009, 13:34
Cool I hope Sam does return but with Kim Medcalf playing her charactor

Perdita
07-04-2009, 02:29
ACTRESS Danniella Westbrook IS to make a sensational return to EastEnders — just as The Sun predicted.

Danniella, 35, who publicly battled cocaine addiction which left her with horrific nose damage, will make a comeback as fiery Sam Mitchell.

We revealed last month how Enders bosses were considering bringing Danniella back after nine years away from Albert Square.

Her troublemaker character, played for an intervening period by replacement star Kim Medcalf, was last seen in 2005 “bolting” to Brazil.

Now it has been confirmed that Danniella is stepping back into the role she first played as a teenager in 1990.

Speaking for the first time about it last night, she said: “I’m really happy — it feels just like coming home.

“I’m looking forward to working with the others and I can’t wait to get the scripts to see what Sam has been up to since she was last in the Square.”

Danniella starts filming this summer for her dramatic return, which is bound to be a headache for former hubby Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen) and his ex Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer).

Danniella, whose coke problem was highlighted by a shocking picture of her destroyed septum, left the show in 2000.

She last appeared on telly in 2003 in ITV’s I’m A Celebrity... and told how she was an “ordinary” wife and mum of two.

EastEnders executive producer Diederick Santer added: “It feels like a great time to bring back Sam.”

thestud2k7
07-04-2009, 03:50
this is great news but how can she realistically return escaping jail for dens murder

sindydoll
07-04-2009, 07:00
this is great news but how can she realistically return escaping jail for dens murdershe cant its impossable

Perdita
07-04-2009, 07:40
If EE can bring dead people back, a murder suspect is no problem. She will have changed her name, she looks different now (different actress) :ninja: and she has the Mitchell family to look after her :)

di marco
07-04-2009, 08:38
i think this is pretty stupid tbh

Bryan
07-04-2009, 10:15
fantastic news, the mitchells remain at the centre of the action, and with the rumours of Phil turning back to the booze it can only get better!

all we need is grant back, and it would be perfect.

be interesting to see if sam and ricky get back together!

Perdita
07-04-2009, 10:22
It will certainly put Bianca's nose out of joint, that is for sure :)

angel_eyes87
07-04-2009, 10:50
How did she leave originally, I mean sam the character not Daniella, didnt she go on the run or something like that away from the police, because she is accessory to murder:hmm:

Being Eastenders and soapland they would find a way round this situation, and make out that she got off with it, they could at least have her go to jail before she comes back, then make the story develop of her coming out of prison, they better make her storyline good, because Janines has never really been that good.

Perdita
07-04-2009, 11:41
She faced a charge for perverting the course of justice in Den's murder and fled to Brazil, where Grant was living at the time. When Grant came back briefly with his Brazilian wife, he mentioned that she had found a new man in Brazil. What is the bet that he is going to turn up in Walford later this year? Hope is is good looking, if he does. :lol:

tammyy2j
07-04-2009, 12:29
WTF she is a terrible actress

angel_eyes87
07-04-2009, 12:37
WTF she is a terrible actress

I second that, but I have never been keen on the character, even the other actress couldnt do the character any justice, and to be honest her returning or numerous other characters returning wont make me really excited. Only if they brought back Kat and Alfie.

Chris_2k11
07-04-2009, 13:53
i think this is pretty stupid tbhI agree I can't see this working at all, everyone knows Kim as Sam now. Was Kim even asked about coming back?

Its going to be so strange when she returns and all the Den stuff gets mentioned etc.

Layne
07-04-2009, 14:26
I like the idea of Sam returning - especially what everything thats happening with the Mitchells at the moment. However, i think its doing to be weird purely because last time we saw Sam she was Kim Medcalf, and now she will be someone different.

As for Sam returning and the Den thing; Chrissie is in jail for Den's murder so they may not want Sam aswell - if they were going to arrest her they would have chased her and arrested her - EE brought Den back from the grave i'm sure they can write Sam back in :rolleyes:

angel_eyes87
07-04-2009, 14:57
So basically when she comes back there will be a stupid love triangle, between her, ricky and bianca. Cant see that being an interesting storyline to be honest. Bianca had a great storyline when she came back into Eastenders, but did Ricky I cant remember, well if he did it mustn't have been that good if I cant remember.

Timalay
07-04-2009, 19:10

I always prefered Kim playing Sam

Didn't Grant go off to Portugal after his last wife cheated on him?

Perdita
07-04-2009, 19:35
Yes, Grant is now living in Portugal with Courtney. I suppose if they want Grant to come back to EE, they need to bring her back too.

Bad Wolf
07-04-2009, 23:22
i really dont get why they are bringing her back- whats the poinr and we already have the alpha mitchell daughter- ronnie, unless they are going to clash?

sindydoll
06-05-2009, 22:21
when does she return?

Perdita
07-05-2009, 07:49
She is due to return later this year, no specific date has been announced yet, as far as I know.

Perdita
13-05-2009, 13:46
EastEnders icon Barbara Windsor has said that her screen son Phil (Steve McFadden) won't stand a chance when Sam Mitchell (Danniella Westbrook) returns to Albert Square.

Speaking to DS on the red carpet at this year's British Soap Awards, she teased: "There'll be her, my little princess, Ronnie and Roxy... Phil doesn't stand a chance, does he?!"

She added: "I didn't even know [Danniella was returning] until I read it in the paper."

Chloe O'brien
17-05-2009, 02:26
It will turn out to be only a short stay on the square. There is no way that EE can agree to a long term agreement with Danielle considering the current finiancial climate and I will be surprised if Ricky lasts until the end of the year as he is so wooden, he has learned nothng in his time away.

Perdita
31-05-2009, 07:23
Danniella Westbrook has insisted that she doesn't feel nervous about her return to EastEnders.

The actress announced in April that she was reprising her role as Sam Mitchell on the BBC One soap. She will film her first scenes next week.

Westbrook made her debut as Sam in 1990 and stayed in Walford for three years. She returned in 1995 and 2000 but was dropped from the programme on both occasions due to her drug addiction and other personal problems.

Speaking to The Mirror, she explained: "The person I was when I last left was sick - it wasn't the person I was when I first joined in 1990 and I had several years of doing good work before I got ill. People remember the horrific times.

"But I'm not nervous. People keep saying that everyone is worried about how I'm going to cope but I'm a 35-year-old wife and mother, and I cope on a daily basis. I've had eight years of being clean and steady, and my family are all behind me because they know it's the right time."

Discussing her hopes for the comeback, she revealed: "It'll be great closure for me to finish something I started. It's also important that cast members who I let down when I was using drugs see me in a different light. I have to earn their respect back."

Kim Medcalf was the last actress to play the part of Sam, appearing on the show from 2002 to 2005.

Chris_2k11
31-05-2009, 23:20
Im really not keen on this at all, I wonder if Kim was actually asked?

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2009, 23:29
This could be the biggest disaster since bringing back Dirty Den.

Pinkbanana
31-05-2009, 23:37
This could be the biggest disaster since bringing back Dirty Den.

I agree. Not keen on the actress and went off the character last time she was in the show anyway... How are they going to bring her back anyway? Isnt she meant to be on the run for the Walford police?! :eek:

gatermelody
01-06-2009, 08:25
Yeah, because I remember she went to Brazil.. Which at the time, I thought it was a crap ending.

matt1378
06-06-2009, 02:50
Im really not keen on this at all, I wonder if Kim was actually asked?

+1 I think Kim played the part well, reckon she should be back not Daniella

sindydoll
06-06-2009, 10:05
i didnt like either sam so im not happy sams coming back!

Chloe O'brien
06-06-2009, 22:57
She won't be in the square for long. the writers will make a pig ass of her storylines and before we know it she'll be fleeing the square in the back of a cab on the way to live with Grunt.

Perdita
09-07-2009, 13:26
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a164315/first-picture-sam-mitchell-returns-to-eastenders.html

This is the first picture of Danniella Westbrook on the set of EastEnders since she returned to the soap last month as original Mitchell sister Sam.

In April, it was announced that Westbrook was to reprise her role as Sam in the summer.

As a suspect in Den Watts's (Leslie Grantham) murder trial, Sam was last seen fleeing the country to live in Brazil. However, she makes a comeback to the Square in September, much to the shock of her family and the locals.

What has caused her to return to Walford? And what will her ex-husband Ricky say when she walks back into his life? And why is she wearing an engagement/wedding ring?

Speaking to DS earlier this year, the soap's executive producer Diederick Santer said: "The biggest thing we've got to get over, though, is the fact she's on the run in Brazil. We'll definitely get around that one - we've got it all worked out…"

di marco
09-07-2009, 13:27
i was just about to post that lol!

sindydoll
11-07-2009, 20:41
she has had a face job! she looks like a Dallas character

Chloe O'brien
11-07-2009, 21:14
They haven't got it all worked out. They'll be sending someone on here to lurk and get ideas on how to keep Sam in the square.

Chris_2k11
11-07-2009, 23:09
Shes looking a lot better now shes off the crack.

Hannelene
11-07-2009, 23:14
Glad she is coming back I prefer her then the replacement they had for her character!

Perdita
12-07-2009, 07:32
I always prefered her too

Bryan
27-08-2009, 17:06
YouTube - Eastenders - Sam is back!

tammyy2j
27-08-2009, 17:31
I hate her as Sam much prefer Kim Medcalf

Bryan
27-08-2009, 17:39
to be honest i cant really remember her first time around, apart from a few old episodes ive seen. it will be weird seeing her as Sam, after seeing Kim, but i'm sure she will be fine in the role. let's not put the girl down before we see how she is people!

LostVoodoo
27-08-2009, 18:05
this whole thing seems a bit daft; they won't admit it but when Kim Metcalf was playing her the character did change. when she took on the Vic and married Andy etc she grew up a lot and now they seem to have just gone back to the old character.

DaVeyWaVey
27-08-2009, 18:20
Won't the police still be after her as they thought she was involved in killing Den?

Chris_2k11
27-08-2009, 18:42
its just all too weird

Bad Wolf
28-08-2009, 14:32
way to brassy and orange!!!!! i preferred the other sam- danniella westbrook just looks like a blonde bianca

Siobhan
28-08-2009, 14:46
It has gone backwards.. when Danniella played her she was very young then we had Kim who brought a more grown up Sam.. now we are back to Sam age 15...

tammyy2j
28-08-2009, 14:57
Daniella is an airhead who cannot act and she plays Sam as a airhead

Bad Wolf
28-08-2009, 15:47
everyone knows how i feel about too orangy people. daniella is too orange, she looks ancient, i know she has "been in brazil" but she looks like a bottle of sunny delight in a blonde wig!!!!

Siobhan
28-08-2009, 15:48
everyone knows how i feel about too orangy people. daniella is too orange!!!!

You must really really hate David Dickinson

Bad Wolf
28-08-2009, 15:51
he looks like a wooden table top

Chris_2k11
28-08-2009, 15:52
LOL she does look a bit tarty doesnt she

Abbie
28-08-2009, 15:58
omg!! Im sorry im really behind but why is she playing sam again???
I mean I can barely remember when she used to the play sam, the Sam that I know and the sam she became was the actress who played her during the dirty den murder.
Whats going on? her style has totally changed and she looks cheap now, she used wear suits and sorta remind me of ronnie

Chris_2k11
28-08-2009, 16:03
Whats going on? her style has totally changed and she looks cheap now, she used wear suits and sorta remind me of ronnieExactly! its like a totally different character

this is a big mistake EE!

Abbie
28-08-2009, 16:04
Thats what I thought when I watched it, thats not sam! unless the sun has done some serious brain damage
complete personality change

Bad Wolf
28-08-2009, 16:06
she's orange!!!!! she looks cheaper than roxy and makes her looks pale and classy in comparison!

Abbie
28-08-2009, 16:08
:lol: she does look really bad

when was the last time she played sam?

lizann
28-08-2009, 17:23
Isnt Roxy, Peggy and Ronnie enough blonde Mitchell women :rolleyes:

I wonder will she get on with her female cousins :hmm:

Chris_2k11
28-08-2009, 17:39
I think its guna be hilarious when they start talking about the whole Den thing, it just wont look right

Abbie
28-08-2009, 17:43
Exactly!
Shes not sam

Chris_2k11
28-08-2009, 21:35
Sam (http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_01/CallardCorrie_468x489.jpg) in a few years time.

Abbie
28-08-2009, 21:36
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

instinct
29-08-2009, 14:47
It's kind of disturbing what a few years in Brazil will do for your look, I mean she looks like a cross between Peggy and Pat.

angel_eyes87
29-08-2009, 16:19
I don't like the trailer for Sam's return, she looks proper rough.

I don't like the whole Ricky falling back in love with her, when he was falling for Bianca weeks ago.

Kim
29-08-2009, 21:11
I think its guna be hilarious when they start talking about the whole Den thing, it just wont look right

Maybe that's how EE were hoping to explain bringing her back - she won't be recognised for it now Daniella is back! :rotfl:

The last time I remember seeing a photo of Sam on screen it was still Kim's Sam - it will be hilarious if they've still forgotten to change them back when Daniella is back on screen.

GossipGirl
30-08-2009, 10:35
Ricky always seemed to love Sam maybe as she was his first love

DaVeyWaVey
30-08-2009, 14:37
Do you think EE writers will treat us like fools and decide not to even mention Den as if it never happened? Completely sweep it under the carpet..

GossipGirl
30-08-2009, 14:40
Yes as EE has a habit of doing that with their storylines

parkerman
30-08-2009, 15:35
Do you think EE writers will treat us like fools and decide not to even mention Den as if it never happened? Completely sweep it under the carpet..

No. Isn't she going to stand trial for her part in Den's murder?

lizann
30-08-2009, 20:14
The original Sam Mitchell will make a timely return to Albert Square. Actress Danniella Westbrook steps back intothe shoes of the outrageous Mitchell sister next week.

And it doesn’t take long for the Walford bad girl to cause chaos as she and arch-rival Bianca kick off in the Queen Vic in record time.

Sam’s surprise homecoming from the land of the samba sends shockwaves through the Square. Soon even her close family want her gone as they fear she will be banged up for her part in the death of Dirty Den.

Our Walford insider said: “Sam’s return is a shock to nearly everyone apart from Ricky, who went out to Brazil to find her and helped bring her home.

“Even her mum Peggy had no idea she was coming back and didn’t even get a phone call.

“But big brother Phil goes nuts when he sees her back.

He thinks she isn’t safe as the police could still be looking for her even though Sam reckons she’s laid low for long enough.”

Our spy added: “Phil becomes convinced she is going to get nicked, even bundling her out of the back of the pub when he hears police sirens.”

Undeterred by her family’s lukewarm reaction to her return or Phil’s fears she could be nicked for helping to bury
Den Watts, Sam insists on going for a drink in the Vic and asks Ricky to join her.

“There are clearly sparks between Ricky and Sam and it’s obvious to everyone they had a cracking time in Brazil.

“And Bianca isn’t pleased to hear Ricky say the day they shared in Brazil was ‘one of the best of his life’.”

Watch the drama unfold on BBC1 at 8pm on Friday September 7.

Chris_2k11
30-08-2009, 22:02
I still find the whole thing totally stupid. going from one actress to another and then back to the original one, its bonkers.

parkerman
31-08-2009, 09:53
I still find the whole thing totally stupid. going from one actress to another and then back to the original one, its bonkers.

It happened in Dallas. Remember Miss Ellie?

Chris_2k11
31-08-2009, 16:08
I've never seen Dallas :D

sindydoll
31-08-2009, 16:59
I've never seen Dallas :Dnever ever :eek: did your mum never watch it...i used to love dallas i never liked dynasty though

GossipGirl
31-08-2009, 18:39
I've never seen Dallas :D

Me neither I have just read about the stars in it never seen an episode!

Chris_2k11
31-08-2009, 18:58
I've never seen Dallas :Dnever ever :eek: did your mum never watch it...i used to love dallas i never liked dynasty thoughI dunno, how long ago was it on?

parkerman
01-09-2009, 15:06
Dallas ran from 1978 to 1991, but it has been repeated on Gold and such like channels many times since.

I agree it was much better than Dynasty.

sindydoll
01-09-2009, 16:46
For a criminal on the run, Sam Mitchell certainly isn't laying low after returning to Walford.
Despite being a fugitive for four years, the brassy blonde has returned to Albert Square to see her family and reunite with ex-husband Ricky Butcher.

During her first few days back, she re-introduces herself to the locals by dancing on the table in the Queen Vic pub wearing a skimpy pink and orange dress.
The scenes mark Danniella Westbrook's comeback as Sam after nine years away from the soap.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9CAF000005DC-524_468x323.jpg Hello boys: Sam Mitchell (Danniella Westbrook) announces her return to Walford by dancing on a table at the Queen Vic, watched by her ex-husband Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9D0A000005DC-822_468x323.jpg Drawing a crowd: Sam entertains Ronnie Mitchell, Joel Reynolds, Bianca Jackson, Billy Mitchell, Charlie Slater and Patrick Trueman

Sam was last seen fleeing Albert Square after being charged with perverting the course of justice after she helped Chrissie Watts bury Den Watts' body after he was murdered in the Queen Vic.

Of course, the last time Sam appeared on screen, she was played by actress Kim Medcalf, who replaced original Sam Danniella in 2002.
After hiding out with brother Grant in Brazil for the past few years, the 34-year-old has returned to Walford... but isn't quite ready to face the consequences of her involvement in Den's murder by his wife Chrissie.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9C61000005DC-971_468x316.jpg Hi Mum: Peggy Mitchell (Barbara Windsor) and son Phil (Steve McFadden) are stunned to see her daughter Sam has returned to Albert Square

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9D77000005DC-738_468x330.jpg Cold welcome: Both Phil and Bianca are furious about Sam's return... for very different reasons

After her brother Phil (Steve McFadden) sent Sam's ex Ricky (Sid Owen) to Brazil to see her, the hapless taxi driver decided to bring her home - despite her fugitive status.
Phil is furious Sam has returned because he fears she will jailed by police.

While her brother Phil and mother Peggy (Barbara Windsor) attempt to keep Sam laying low, the attention-seeker can't wait to announce her return and gives Queen Vic regulars a taste of Brazil with an impromptu samba performance.
Wearing a £70 pink and orange Lipsy colourblock dress and killer heels, Sam cavorts on a table to the delight of her cousin Ronnie and male drinkers.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9D58000005DC-982_468x330.jpg Skimpy: Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) rifles through Sam's suitcase full of lingerie watched by a concerned Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick)

Watching in disgust is Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer), who is battling Sam for their ex-husband Ricky's affections.
Unbeknownst to Phil and Peggy, Sam has been working as a topless model in Brazil, but it isn't long before her secret is rumbled by cousin Roxy (Rita Simons).
: Danniella as Sam and Sid Owen as Ricky in a scene from EastEnders in 1991

Teasing her relative, Roxy says: 'You want me to keep quiet? I want a cut. A new top should do... Oh sorry, you don't do tops, do you? Only top-less.'
Roxy's taunts prompt Sam to reveal she has been struggling to find even topless work because of her age.
She replies: 'They turned me down, okay? I'm too old, I've lost it. I can't even do that. If I ain't got my looks, what else have I got?'
Sam's saucy career is nearly rumbled when her cousin Billy's (Perry Fenwick) surrogate son Jay Brown finds a selection of skimpy underwear in her suitcase.
It is hardly any time at all before Sam and Ricky are announcing their engagement.
Sam, who wed Ricky in a teen elopement to Gretna Green, confides in her mother that she has fallen in love with him, and Peggy quizzes him about his feelings.
But the announcement leaves his second ex-wife Bianca heartbroken, after she too hoped to rekindle their lost relationship.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9E12000005DC-80_468x312.jpg Keep quiet: Phil tells Minty Peterson (Cliff Parisi) not to tell anyone about Sam's return

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9DD3000005DC-761_468x318.jpg Trouble: Sam and Peggy are disappointed when a lawyer tells her case is hopeless because she breached her bail conditions

In an episode to be screened on September 8, Sam is given the crushing news that her chance of avoiding a jail term is very slim.

Danniella, 35, first played Sam between 1990 and 1993. During her first stint, the character first fell in with Ricky aged 15 and the spark between the underage couple had the audience on the edge of their seats.
During that busy period, Sam also attempted to become a topless model, had an affair, was evicted from her home, became a squatter, fought on a regular basis with Grant and Phil, and went through a marriage break-up.

Enlarge http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9BD3000005DC-152_224x501.jpg (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9BD3000005DC-152_224x501_popup.jpg)

She's back: Danniella's Sam Mitchell is back in the arms of Ricky Butcher, played by Sid Owen

Danniella returned in 1995 after a spell in rehab for cocaine addiction. In the show Sam was traced to Spain by her brothers and she fell in with David Wicks (Michael French).

But the actress was axed a year later after continued drug use and, it was reported at the time, for giving away the outcome of a storyline on a chat show - a love triangle between Ricky, Bianca and Sam. So Sam departed for Spain in March 1996 after falling for a Spanish tourist.

Danniella returned again in 1999 for a year, where her character had romances with her brothers' enemies Beppe di Marco (Michael Greco) and Steve Owen (Martin Kemp). Sam left again after moving to North London.
During Kim Medcalf's turn as Sam, between 2002 and 2005, she reignited her relationship with Steve Owen, then Beppe, and then fell in love with, and had a short-lived marriage with, gangster Andy Hunter (Michael Higgs).
She was conned by her husband into giving away all her family's properties, including the Vic, and she, Zoe Slater and Chrissie Watts lured Dirty Den Watts to the Queen Vic to take revenge.

• Sam's return to EastEnders can be seen on BBC1 on Monday 7th September at 8:00pm.

Bryan
01-09-2009, 16:51
i know a lot of people are shooting down Sam's return, but im quite looking forward to it! will certainly throw the cat among the pigeons, and any chance for the Mitchells to take centre stage can only be a good thing! :D

Chris_2k11
01-09-2009, 17:17
So stupid, the Sam who left in 2005 didnt go on like that anymore dancing about on tables. she was classier than that and now they've just totally changed her.

sindydoll
01-09-2009, 19:24
So stupid, the Sam who left in 2005 didnt go on like that anymore dancing about on tables. she was classier than that and now they've just totally changed her.
i prefered the 2nd sam she did have class! the 1st sam is just tarty

parkerman
02-09-2009, 07:30
i prefered the 2nd sam she did have class! the 1st sam is just tarty

Yes, but as one of the Mitchell "famerlee" surely she's more likely to be tarty than have any class.

Siobhan
02-09-2009, 09:47

this is exactly what I meant by my backwards comment... Kim brought a more mature Sam and now they have gone back to a slut

inkyskin
02-09-2009, 12:24

you took the words right out of my mouth,the old sam would never of been a topless model or be as brashy as the new one...by rights she should be in the slammer!..surely when she came through passport control she would've flashed up and the police would've been alerted! :searchme:

oh,but then again,that's real life...this is eastenders....we all know ricky will be with bianca in the end,this is eastenders delaying things!

Chris_2k11
02-09-2009, 14:01
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9C61000005DC-971_468x316.jpgwho does she look like there!

another question is WHY would Sam wanna come back to scruffy Walford after sunning it up in Brazil?

Siobhan
02-09-2009, 14:36
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9DD3000005DC-761_468x318.jpg

she looks like Pauline Fowler in this one

Abbie
02-09-2009, 14:39
She just looks so much older!

Chris_2k11
02-09-2009, 14:44
lmao siobhan :D rough as anything!

sindydoll
02-09-2009, 15:18
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/01/article-1210413-063F9C61000005DC-971_468x316.jpgwho does she look like there!
she looks like roxy there

another question is WHY would Sam wanna come back to scruffy Walford after sunning it up in Brazil?

senorita
02-09-2009, 16:45
She looks like shes been Tango'd lol - the fake tan just looks awful (in my personal opinion) and yes she has really aged for her years as shes not that old (35).

sindydoll
02-09-2009, 17:03
She looks like shes been Tango'd lol - the fake tan just looks awful (in my personal opinion) and yes she has really aged for her years as shes not that old (35).
its all the coke darling look what its done to jason donovans apperance!!

danniella westbrook eastenders revealed friday @ 8.30pm bbc3

Kim
02-09-2009, 19:50
Wasn't Sam expected to get four years if she hadn't run away? I bet her thinking is that because it's been four years, it's over. Glad they're not just coming out with a ridiculous explanation to end the Dirty Den storyline straight away. I'm betting she somehow ends up staying out of prison though.

She reminds me of Roxy when she first arrived; but worse. I bet Sam turns out to be Archie's daughter or something.

crystalsea
03-09-2009, 14:55
So basically when she comes back there will be a stupid love triangle, between her, ricky and bianca. Cant see that being an interesting storyline to be honest. Bianca had a great storyline when she came back into Eastenders, but did Ricky I cant remember, well if he did it mustn't have been that good if I cant remember.

yeah he came back for his Dad's funeral as a fitting tribute to Frank

sindydoll
05-09-2009, 00:06
what a blinking tart she looked tonight

thestud2k7
05-09-2009, 00:32
what a blinking tart she looked tonight

Exactly last time we saw sam she was smartly dressed but now she's back to old sam mitchell tarty

Chloe O'brien
05-09-2009, 00:34
Wasn't Sam expected to get four years if she hadn't run away? I bet her thinking is that because it's been four years, it's over. Glad they're not just coming out with a ridiculous explanation to end the Dirty Den storyline straight away. I'm betting she somehow ends up staying out of prison though.

She reminds me of Roxy when she first arrived; but worse. I bet Sam turns out to be Archie's daughter or something.

No Kimmey Archie is Phil's daddy. Looks like Sam found an old bottle of Kat Slater's tango sun cream in the dressing room.

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 07:10
She looked a right state :(

angel_eyes87
05-09-2009, 15:52
I was expecting a few more lines from her last night.

The face of Bianca when she saw her, it didn't look like 'Oh No what are you doing back', it was more like 'what the hell do you look like in them clothes':rotfl:

inkyskin
07-09-2009, 07:35
far too much fake tan,really bad make up,stupid big 80's style hair! and don't get me started on the thing she was wearing! :hmm: .......nice shoes though! :thumbsup:

but my 1st impression is 'I DON'T WANT!' :thumbsdow

Perdita
07-09-2009, 07:41
I agree, she looked OTT for Walford, lol. Hopefully that will change soon.

sindydoll
07-09-2009, 15:29
they have made her look similar to roxy

Hannelene
07-09-2009, 20:08
I thought that too!

tammyy2j
08-09-2009, 10:34
She still cant act

I want to see Minty's reaction to Sam being back he was in love with her the last time

sindydoll
08-09-2009, 10:51
She still cant act

I want to see Minty's reaction to Sam being back he was in love with her the last time
thats right i forgot about that...now that will be intresting

LostVoodoo
08-09-2009, 17:26
when Minty loved Sam it was the cutest thing ever. it won't make any sense now :(

Perdita
08-09-2009, 19:37
Where will it leave Manda if Minty realises he still loves Sam?

sindydoll
08-09-2009, 23:52
Where will it leave Manda if Minty realises he still loves Sam?
he has still got feelings for her..i cant believe it...poor manda she is so sweet

Perdita
09-09-2009, 05:52
Compared to Sam, Manda is the more sensible alas perhaps a little more boring one. In the long run, Minty would be better off with Manda, can't see Sam ever wanting to settle with Minty.

Perdita
09-09-2009, 07:41
Westbrook did no researchDanniella Westbrook's back as EastEnder Sam Mitchell and her alter ego seems to have had a personality transplant.

I caught up with the actress and asked her if she watched clips of Kim Metcalf to find out what had happened to her character since she left.

"No," she laughed. "The governor wanted Sam the way I played her so we did it the way I do it." So that's why Sam's regressed to acting like a teenager...

http://www.teletext.co.uk/entertainment/showbiz-spy/0291363efdbc5dfaa794175d329a86e5/Westbrook+did+no+research.aspx

sindydoll
09-09-2009, 09:26
Compared to Sam, Manda is the more sensible alas perhaps a little more boring one. In the long run, Minty would be better off with Manda, can't see Sam ever wanting to settle with Minty.
but manda is a really nice person and minty is a grown man so surly he wouldnt choose a tart

Siobhan
09-09-2009, 09:40
Sam still reminds me of a tangoed Pauline Fowler... she has the same bulldog face

Perdita
09-09-2009, 09:56
but manda is a really nice person and minty is a grown man so surly he wouldnt choose a tart

You know that men don't think with their brains most of the time when it comes to the fairer sex :lol:

sindydoll
09-09-2009, 20:09

You know that men don't think with their brains most of the time when it comes to the fairer sex :lol: fair point :lol: :lol:

tammyy2j
21-01-2016, 13:25
Danniella Westbrook may be in the Celebrity Big Brother house at the moment, but that hasn't stopped her from wading in on the speculation surrounding her EastEnders character Sam Mitchell. Well, kind of.

With fans currently wondering whether Sam will be back for her mum Peggy's final episodes this spring, a message has now popped up on Westbrook's Twitter page confirming her desire to return.

Don't worry, the actress hasn't smuggled a phone into the house with her - apparently the tweet was pre-written before she joined Big Brother and has now been posted up by her representatives.

"I would love nothing more than to return to @bbceastenders, it was my home and family for many years and I miss it terribly," the tweet says.

Barbara Windsor recently announced that she'll be bowing out as Peggy for good later this year. Her tragic exit storyline will see Peggy die from cancer.

Ross Kemp has already been confirmed to return as Peggy's legendary son Grant in the storyline, but it's yet to be revealed whether more old faces will be joining him.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Westbrook had been "snubbed" by EastEnders producers as they hadn't asked her back - but the show later denied this.

An EastEnders spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Peggy's final episodes are still being finalised, so it is too early to say if any other characters from the Mitchell family will be returning. We have definitely not ruled out anyone at this stage."

Westbrook has played Sam on and off since 1990 and was last seen in the role in 2010. Kim Medcalf also played a recast version of Sam between 2002 and 2005.

Perdita
08-02-2016, 15:20
EastEnders bosses may be a step closer to bringing back Sam Mitchell, with Danniella Westbrook confirming that she's in talks for a possible return.

The actress revealed the good news on ITV's This Morning today, but she was quick to warn that she may not be back on Albert Square for too long.

Hopes have been high among fans that Sam will be back for her mum Peggy's emotional exit in the spring. Ross Kemp has already announced his return as Peggy's son Grant for the unmissable episodes.

Discussing EastEnders today, Westbrook explained: "They're in talks with my agent at the moment, but I've been offered a different soap that's more long, that I'll probably go to. [The role is] probably more long-running.

"But I'm not going to say I won't be going back to EastEnders for a small while."

She continued: "But I'm an actor, and as much as I loved doing EastEnders, loved being Sam Mitchell, I want to be seen in other roles as well. I want to change it up a bit. I'm a bit older and I want to try and do other things.

"[But] you'll probably see a little bit of Sam Mitchell this year."

Peggy recently made a surprise return to our screens, breaking the heartbreaking news to Phil that her cancer is back and she's dying.

Barbara Windsor has confirmed that the tragic plot will see Peggy killed off, as she has decided to bow out from her iconic role for good.

Westbrook is currently enjoying a return to the spotlight after competing in the most recent series of Celebrity Big Brother. She finished in fifth place when the series came to an end on Friday night.

Perdita
04-05-2016, 08:55
Nothing says spring in Albert Square like an emotional send-off to an EastEnders icon (RIP Peggy), Phil smashing up the gaff and the epic return of a mouthy Mitchell.

Yep, Danniella Westbrook previously confirmed her return to Albert Square as Sam Mitchell, and now the she's officially back and filming.

Posting to Instagram, the actress wrote: "First day back at work.. And loving every second."

After a six-year absence from the soap, Westbrook will return for a few episodes, despite rumours suggesting she'd be staying on our screens in a more permanent role.

Westbrook is currently enjoying a return to the spotlight after competing in the most recent series of Celebrity Big Brother.

Digital Spy

Perdita
07-05-2016, 18:11
​It looks like Daniella Westbrook has given fans of EastEnders a glimpse of what she'll be wearing to Peggy's funeral.

After returning to the soap last week, Westbrook has shared more photos from her latest day of filming.

On a recent photo from the set, Westrook told Instagram followers that she is "feeling blessed".

"Guess who's back ... Lovely day to be working outside I'm feeling blessed to the max today," she captioned.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/18/1024x1017/gallery-1462628618-westbrook.png
© Danniella Westbrook, Instagram
Despite speculation that the actress will be staying on permanently, Westbrook will only be back in EastEnders for a few episodes.

Peggy's funeral will have all the Mitchell siblings—Sam, Phil and Grant—reunited on the show.

This marks the first time Westbrook has return to EastEnders since leaving the show in 2010. She began playing Sam all the way back insoa 1990.

Digital Spy

lizann
29-06-2016, 21:51
Danniella Westbrook calls for EastEnders to "listen to the public more" by bringing back Sam Mitchell for good

am what public want this?

lizann
29-06-2016, 21:51
Danniella Westbrook calls for EastEnders to "listen to the public more" by bringing back Sam Mitchell for good

Dazzle
29-06-2016, 22:24

None that I know of that's for sure. I'm not looking forward to seeing her back one bit. :thumbsdow

Perdita
30-06-2016, 05:29
Kim Mecalf would have been a better choice as Sam

tammyy2j
30-06-2016, 13:33
Kim Mecalf would have been a better choice as Sam

Yes I agree, I would welcome that Sam back