PDA

View Full Version : Simons: 'Producers want me to calm down'

Perdita
04-03-2009, 05:41
EastEnders star Rita Simons has admitted that the soap's chiefs have expressed concern over her off-screen behaviour.

The 31-year-old actress, who plays Roxy Mitchell on the BBC One show, confirmed that she is often reprimanded following late-night partying with her co-star Diane Parish (Denise Wicks).

"Every time we go out, we get in trouble. We should be kept apart when there's a party, because we're both maniacs," Simons told Celebs On Sunday magazine.

"It's hysterical - we love winding up the paps and then we get in trouble with work the next day. But it's fun. We're not doing anything terrible and they love it. They deliberately chase us because they know we'll do something cheeky."

The star insisted that she does not resent the intervention of producers because she realises they have her best interests at heart.

"I have had a little 'talking to' by work - basically to calm down occasionally. But I understand. They're only protecting me," she explained. "I don't want to make myself look like a complete fool, which I do. I wake up in the morning, Google the event and cringe."