PDA

View Full Version : Grace Kelly (soon to be in Corrie?) to guest in 'Doctors'

Perdita
03-03-2009, 14:35
Actress Grace Kelly is to make a guest appearance in an episode of Doctors.

The 19-year-old, sister of Coronation Street actress Katherine Kelly (Becky Granger), has recently completed two days' filming in Birmingham for an episode of the daytime medical drama.

She plays bright but naïve student Sarah Copland, who, having turned to drink at an early age, has finally escaped her childhood demons by entering higher education and is now on the road to becoming a nurse by studying at Letherbridge University.

During her time at the institute, however, her controlling best friend Abi has lured her down another path of self-destruction when she becomes anorexic. The Mill's Michelle Corrigan (Donnaleigh Bailey) is tasked with helping Sarah in the hope of saving her life.

Speaking of the casting, series producer Peter Lloyd told DS: "Grace was a fantastic find for us - she's a perfect example of what exciting, fresh talent is out there at the moment. She was a pleasure to have filming with us and I've no doubt that this is the start of a great career for her. I've heard Corrie bosses are keen to use her too; I'm just glad we could get in there first!”

Kelly's episode, entitled 'Out Of Control', is due to air on Monday, May 18 on BBC One.

Last week, it was reported that Coronation Street producers are keen to cast her as a screen relative of her real-life sister Katherine.

They do look very much alike :)