PDA

View Full Version : September

Perdita
02-03-2009, 06:15
Despite making a name for herself in Europe over five years ago, it wasn't until last year that September caught our attention with the club banger 'Cry For You'. Spending an impressive eight weeks in the UK top ten, it's no surprise that Petra Marklund, as she's known to her mum, is back with new single 'Can't Get Over' and an album to follow shortly. We hooked up with the lady herself for a much-needed catch up.

Your last single was released almost a year ago. What have you been up to since?
"Well, I've been travelling hectically all around the world. 'Cry For You' did really well in so many countries so I've been in America, Australia and Japan. I've also been writing new material for my UK album which is coming out soon too."

Were you surprised how well 'Cry For You' did?
"I was just so happy because I really love it! It's like my little baby. 'Can't Get Over' has started to do really well here too, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed."

Your label-mate Basshunter got to number one. Are you hoping for the same?
"For me, number one is always the goal that I want to reach. If you try really hard to get there, it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen. I was amazed when I got to number five. I would love a number one in America too. Dance music is growing and growing and I think that very soon it will be very huge there too."

What can we expect from your first UK album?
"We're doing a lot of new songs at the moment and I'm just picking some to put on an album for my fans here. I know there are a lot of people in this country who want hit songs like 'Satellites' and 'Looking For Love' from the albums I've released in Europe to be included. The ones I really love the most will go on the new album too."

Have you always seen dance music as your niche?
"I do some acoustic performances, but my music has always been pop with a dance flavour. All my songs are based on a pop melody and we've always tried to reach a nice dance sound with the remixes. I released 'Cry For You' and 'Can't Get Over' a long time ago in Europe but I think the new UK remixes are as good as the originals."

You're heading out on the Dance Nation tour with Basshunter, Booty Luv and Sash! Will there be lots of partying until the early hours?
"I hope so. I already know a few of them from touring before. It's going to be pretty crazy being in a different place every day and partying. Being in Britain is like being in the party country of Europe."

Do you get nervous before going on stage?
"Not as much as I used to. Before I would make my dancers hit me very hard on my arms. People around us would wonder what we were doing, but it used to help me out a lot. I never really drink before though. After I will have a little champagne just to get into the party spirit!"

Which British city gives you the best reaction?
"Manchester is the best - they all go nuts and a really good night is guaranteed! They're crazy, jumping everywhere and destroying the floor in a good way! I think they party like that everywhere in the UK though."

Have you noticed anything particularly different about performing over here?
"I think people in this country make a great audience. I think they're more open and very polite! Maybe it's just on their vacations that they go out and get crazy."

Why do you think that is?
"I notice that people work so hard in this country. For me it's like heaven to come here and see how people are working so hard to promote my music. In Sweden we have it too easy and we have too much time to think about ourselves. Over here everybody works their ass off and they're doing it very well - maybe that's why everything is going well for me here."

Finally, what are you hoping to have achieved by the end of the year?
"I want to focus on 'Can't Get Over' being huge and getting my album out for my UK fans. Dance music is really coming back at the moment and I feel this is my year. Of course I hope all the years after that are too!"

September releases 'Can't Get Over' on March 9. Her first UK album follows in early summer.

DaVeyWaVey
03-03-2009, 20:41
I love September. Can't wait for the new album to come out. "Can't Get Over" really makes me want to get up and dance! It was on Radio 1 this morning and made me full of energy and got me straight out of bed :lol: