PDA

View Full Version : U2 to play secret street gig

Perdita
26-02-2009, 08:00
U2 will reportedly play a secret street gig in central London on Friday night.

The Irish rock band, whose upcoming album No Line On The Horizon leaked last week, are said to be planning an "unusual outdoor performance".

The gig will take place at Upper Regent Street near Oxford Circus between 6pm and 6.15pm, an insider told DS.

U2 release No Line On The Horizon, their 12th studio album, on Monday.

Not very secret now, is it? Would be nice to find out whether it happens or not

Chloe O'brien
26-02-2009, 11:10
Oxford Circus will be mobbed on Friday. Anyone going to see them.

Siobhan
26-02-2009, 11:12
Oxford Circus will be mobbed on Friday. Anyone going to see them.

If they were playing on my street, I would close the windows so I couldn't hear them.. so you can take that as a NO from me

Perdita
28-02-2009, 14:56
U2 gave an impromptu rooftop performance in central London last night.

More than 5,000 fans apparently gathered around BBC Broadcasting House after word spread that the Irish rockers were belting out their hits from on high.

The 20-minute gig was broadcast live on DJ Chris Evans's BBC Radio 2 show and included a mix of old hits as well as new tracks 'Get On Your Boots' and 'Magnificent'.

Bono said: "This is a great honour. This is the first time we've played these songs to people, so we hope we don't screw it up."

The group's latest album No Line On The Horizon was released in Ireland earlier this week and will be available in the UK on Monday.

Universal Music Group's Australian branch was blamed for accidentally leaking the LP online earlier this month.