PDA

View Full Version : Goodness Grace sis

Perdita
25-02-2009, 05:54
CORRIE barmaid Katherine Kelly and kid sis Grace could soon score a Street first — as soap sisters.
Katherine, 29, who plays saucy Becky Grainger, has just signed a big bucks two-year deal to keep pulling pints in the Rovers.

But her identical-looking sister Grace Kelly, 19, may soon join her playing a relative, after impressing bosses.

A source said: “Grace came to audition for a small role and blew bosses away.

“She’s as quirky as Katherine and she’s a cracking little actress.

“However, they couldn’t give her the part because she just looks too much like Katherine. It’s uncanny.

“It’s been agreed that if she joins the cast, she’s going to have to play one of Becky’s relatives, maybe even her sister.

“Sisters playing sisters would be a Corrie first.”

Since Katherine joined the show, viewers have switched on in droves.

On Monday a whopping 10.7million soap fans watched her battle with landlady Liz MacDonald over her relationship with landlord love rat Steve.

And thrilled show chiefs are convinced having a sister act on screen will double the Becky-effect.

Now scriptwriters are scratching their heads over ways to incorporate her as a long-lost relative.

With so many long lost relatives arriving in soapland on a daily basis the scriptwriters should not have to scratch their heads for too long to come up with a story

LostVoodoo
25-02-2009, 08:33
am i the only one who finds it hilarious that her sister is called Grace Kelly?

tammyy2j
25-02-2009, 10:41

no :lol:

I thought Becky grew up in care :confused:

Perdita
25-02-2009, 10:45

no :lol:

I thought Becky grew up in care :confused:

She can have a sister even if she grew up in care.

RuebenClara
26-02-2009, 04:08
Humour is what Corrie has over Eastenders. Corrie is able to use characters in both serious and comical situations. I am looking forward to her sister's arrival. The street won't ever be the same!