PDA

View Full Version : Beach babe

Perdita
23-02-2009, 06:08
CORRIE killer Tony Gordon goes from murderer to midwife this summer when he delivers Maria Connor’s baby on the BEACH.

The factory boss ordered the murder of Maria’s husband, his love rival Liam Connor.

But he has been cosying up to her since his wife Carla left him after hearing what he had done. Maria (Samia Smith) accused him of the murder plot, but charmer Tony (Gray O’Brien) convinced her he was innocent.

Then he starts to fall for her and they drive to the beach for a romantic day trip.

As they walk Maria feels her contractions begin and her waters break. Panicking, she says: “Oh God, I think the baby’s coming.”

But Tony keeps his cool and carries her to a deserted strip of beach, where she gives birth. An insider said: “At this point Tony and Maria aren’t lovers but it’s not long after the baby’s born they realise their real feelings.

“Maria had a miscarriage not long ago. Delivering her baby makes Tony a hero in her eyes.”

And it’s not long before twisted Tony has set his heart on a new dream — making a family with Maria and the baby.

Our insider added: “What Tony gets, Tony wants. He’s ruthless and now Carla’s off the scene he’s determined to have Maria — and Liam’s baby.”

miccisy
23-02-2009, 12:21
When is this supposed to happen? Maria isnt supposed to be that far pregnant is she?

Perdita
23-02-2009, 12:40
She had just found out she was pregnant when Liam died in the middle of October last year so she would have been pregnant around 6 weeks. That would make her now around 6 months pregnant and she is showing a fair bump in her scenes.

LostVoodoo
23-02-2009, 18:03
this storyline just gets weirder and weirder!

miccisy
23-02-2009, 21:02
It doesnt seem like shes been pregnant that long. But i guess it doesnt seem like im 6 months either lol

*-Rooney-*
23-02-2009, 21:39
it is a bit far fetched IMO

Abbie
23-02-2009, 22:11
this storyline just gets weirder and weirder!

it is a bit far fetched IMO

Agreed!

They should have an award for the weridest storylines!

CrazyLea
23-02-2009, 22:57
I like it :D Can't wait :p.

Chris_2k11
23-02-2009, 23:39
its all too unrealistic lets be honest

whats the explanation as to why shes suddenly ok with him? :searchme: makes no sense to me.

tammyy2j
24-02-2009, 00:04
OMG :eek: that is sick :sick: :thumbsdow

*-Rooney-*
24-02-2009, 00:16
and since when did tony have any clue how to deliver babies lol

but this is soapland you are qualified for anything

Perdita
24-02-2009, 05:56
its all too unrealistic lets be honest

whats the explanation as to why shes suddenly ok with him? :searchme: makes no sense to me.

He has managed for her to see him in a different light since he visited the grave on what would have been Maria and Liam's anniversary. Seeing that they are starting a relationship it would not be far-fetched for them to go out for the day. Strange storyline though.

Perdita
24-02-2009, 05:58
and since when did tony have any clue how to deliver babies lol

but this is soapland you are qualified for anything

Even young children have been helping their mums when they went into labour unexpectedly and called for an ambulance on the phone. I don't expect Tony to do too much when the time comes. He might have gone with her to ante-natal classes and was to be her birthing partner anyway :hmm:

Abbie
24-02-2009, 19:42
I still think its way too farfetched!!!!!

miccisy
24-02-2009, 20:31
So hes gunna go through her breathing with her. Help her when delivering the baby.Sit there afterwards and wait for the placenta to come out. Miraculasly find some scissors from somewhere to cut the cord and a tag/clip thing to secure it. Clean the baby and then give him/her to Maria...lol
Does this ever happen in soaps. She will push for 30 seconds, out pops baby and she will then be cuddling a clean baby.
Soaps are clueless sometimes.
And i bet they cant get a signal on their phones...lol

*-Rooney-*
24-02-2009, 23:16
i dont think it has been mentioned who her partner in the delivery room is to be, but its more than likely to be fiz or michelle before she even thinks about tony surely

Perdita
25-02-2009, 06:35
This is soapland and the whole storyline is unrealistic. All of a sudden nobody asks why Carla has disappeared over night and for a guy who had a love rival killed, Tony has very quickly forgotten about the love of his life too.

Perdita
03-04-2009, 06:17
CORRIE killer Tony Gordon steps up his sinister friendship with Maria — when he accompanies her to her baby scan.

The pregnant crimper, played by Samia Smith, 26, has no idea Tony (Gray O’Brien) killed her hubby Liam.

The pair have grown close since Tony’s wife Carla (Alison King) twigged his terrible secret and left. But even the factory boss is freaked out when Maria discovers she is expecting a boy and grasps his hand.

The scenes are due to air on April 22. Meanwhile, phone filth victim Andrew Sachs, 78, has been pictured on the Corrie set for the first time.

He plays Ramsay Clegg, who claims to be the long-lost brother of Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden).

Abbie
03-04-2009, 16:45
Im sooo confused, I thought she did know that he killed him

Perdita
04-04-2009, 07:28
He confessed to her, with other people around even, but made it look like she was having mental problems. She now no longer believes that he had anything to do with Liam's death.

Perdita
15-05-2009, 06:01
CORRIE’S Maria Connor is set to give birth on a beach — with her husband’s killer acting as midwife.
Evil Tony Gordon takes Maria for a long walk to hurry up the overdue baby’s arrival.

But it works too well — and he is forced to deliver the little boy himself in the scenes filmed yesterday.

Maria — played by Samia Smith, 26 — has no idea that Tony ordered the killing of her husband Liam after discovering his affair with wife Carla.

The knicker factory boss has now started to fall in love with Maria.

He takes her for a stroll after Eileen Grimshaw tells her: “There’s nothing better than a bracing walk to hurry up baby’s arrival.”

But as Tony chases her dog Ozzy with a frisbee, Maria doubles up in pain and screams for help.

Her words are carried away with the wind and by the time he returns, her contractions are getting fast.

They have no mobile phone signal and Tony tries to run for help — but Maria begs him to stay.

He is forced to carry her, saying: “Everything will be OK, but we’ve got to get off this beach now. So just try to relax and enjoy the ride.”

But soon she is in the final stages of labour. The terrified widow, who lost her first baby last year, screams: “I’ve nothing left Tony. I can’t do it.”

But he kisses her on the head, saying: “You have to keep going Maria — for the baby’s sake. Do it for Liam.”

Maria names the little boy after his dad.

Tony — played by Gray O’Brien, 40 — quips: “As seaside souvenirs go, he certainly beats a stick of rock.”

Filming in Ainsdale, Lancs, was interrupted by frequent low-flying RAF aircraft yesterday.

But the cast soldiered on, armed with hot water bottles, deckchairs and large coats.

The scenes are set to air in late June.

From The Sun

LostVoodoo
15-05-2009, 09:58
i know this storyline i ridiculous, but i love it! The guy who plays Tony is such a good actor i can't help but enjoy it.

02ablake
15-05-2009, 13:16
i love this storyline one of my fav at the mo, i think both samia and gray are fantastic actors which makes this storyline even better and realistic. cant wait for these scenes t air on t.v

Perdita
15-05-2009, 21:46
CORRIE bosses are plane crazy after their blockbuster summer plotline was thrown into chaos.

And Street babe Samia Smith and co-star Gray O'Brien, 40, hit the roof, too.

Emotional scenes they were filming in Devon were ruined by an endless procession of planes.

The pair, who play Maria Connor and Tony Gordon, were trying to film a tense episode in which mum-to-be Maria goes into labour and Tony is forced to deliver her baby on a beach.

But every time they began the tough scenes a plane would fly overhead, halting the filming.

And it all got too much for Samia, 25, who really is pregnant.

She screamed at the sky in a rage as a show source explained: "We've got limited time to get these scenes done and now we're having to rush them to try to fit them in between the planes.

"We had no idea we would be under a flight path and it's made the whole process very slow and incredibly annoying.

"Samia really has to focus because she's got to look convincing as she goes into labour - but the director constantly shouts: 'Cut!'" The storyline sees Maria fall for Tony, the man who killed her husband Liam.

They take a romantic trip, but Maria goes into labour as they reach a remote part of the beach.

In a sick twist, mid-way through the birth, Tony tells her: "Do it for Liam! Do it for Liam!"

From Daily Star

Abbie
17-05-2009, 11:55
Well this will be interesting to watch

Perdita
25-06-2009, 18:46
A relaxing stroll along Southport beach turns to panic next week as Coronation Street's Maria Connor goes into labour.

Having decided to take a long walk with Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) in the hope of inducing her overdue birth, the unlikely pair are caught off-guard when Maria - played by 26-year-old Samia Smith - begins having contractions on an isolated strip of the beach.

Tony rushes to Maria's aid but with no sign of life along the sands and no signal on his mobile, he's forced to carry her to a deserted beach hut. As Maria's contractions occur closer and closer, Tony realises that he has to take matters quite literally into his own hands.

Acquiring a feint signal, the knicker factory owner calls for an ambulance and knowing that there's no chance of it arriving in time, Tony prepares to deliver Maria's baby boy.

Speaking of the storyline, O'Brien said: "Maria's petrified but she just has to trust Tony and get on with it. Inwardly, he's terrified, too, but he tries to keep his cool in front of Maria."

He joked: "I've delivered a few babies in my time - usually in a medical capacity, though, while working on Peak Practice and Casualty."

Perdita
02-07-2009, 13:48
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a162964/soap-insight-tony-and-marias-relationship.html

*-Rooney-*
03-07-2009, 19:54
Well Im loving this storyline and looking at Tony right now he looks like the cat who got the cream........

So Im also looking forward to Carla's return