PDA

View Full Version : Richard & Judy show 'facing the axe'

Perdita
11-02-2009, 11:41
Richard & Judy's New Position is reportedly going to be axed after viewing figures fell to just 8,000.

The couple have lost over 90% of their audience after opening on multi-channel TV service Watch in October.

"Every day, we think an announcement will be made, saying 'That's All,'" a show source told The Sun. "It looks unlikely this show will come back."

Ratings for the Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan fronted programme opened at 100,000 when they first joined the channel, significantly down from the audience of 3 million that regularly tuned in to Channel 4.

Finnigan recently claimed that she would 'happily' quit TV.

Has anybody ever seen this programme? I can't get that channel

Abbie
11-02-2009, 17:15
But i like knowing the books they pick for the summer reads :(

Abigail
11-02-2009, 17:23
I can't stand the pair of them. They are so up themselves :thumbsdow

Pinkbanana
11-02-2009, 17:26
Why did they move from Channel 4? Was it for the dosh??? Which in that case, their greed has meant that they end their talk show career on an all time low... :lol:

Abigail
11-02-2009, 17:28
Surely a digital channel wouldn't be able to offer them more than channel 4.

I would have thought chat show hosts would love to move from digital to terrestrial, where everyone can view the program (with the exception of Five). Why move to a channel that already has a much lower audience to start with? Doesn't make sense.

Pinkbanana
11-02-2009, 17:30
Surely a digital channel wouldn't be able to offer them more than channel 4.

I would have thought chat show hosts would love to move from digital to terrestrial, where everyone can view the program (with the exception of Five). Why move to a channel that already has a much lower audience to start with? Doesn't make sense.

Well I remember reading at the time, that they left CH4. Ch4 didn't give them the push, soooo why else would they leave, if it wasn't for the money???

Abigail
11-02-2009, 17:31
No idea. Seems like a bad idea now though :ninja:

Layne
11-02-2009, 19:03
Seen it advertised about a million times - and never had the urge to watch it.
Never particularly liked Richard and Judy to be honest!

di marco
12-02-2009, 12:46
i dont have digital but never liked richard and judy anyway so wouldnt be watching

Trinity
12-02-2009, 12:55
When R & J were on channel 4 I would watch occasionally if I was off work or was bored and had nothing on.

Nowadays, although I do get the channel I do not watch at all. This is mainly due to Richard never letting his guests speak without interupting, and their constant personalisation of all issues. They cannot be another couple who has experienced so many of the bad thinks in life and lived to tell the tale.

I do like the book club book, though

Perdita
09-03-2009, 05:59
TV couple Richard & Judy yesterday confirmed their chat show will finish at the end of the year — as we exclusively revealed last month.

Richard Madeley, 52, told Desert Island Discs: “We feel we’ve done pretty much all we can as a partnership in terms of the talk shows. I think we both feel the need to diversify.”

We told how the show on digital channel Watch pulled in just 8,000 viewers.

From The Sun

Perdita
09-03-2009, 11:44
Richard Madeley has sparked rumours that he and wife Judy Finnigan are to end their 21-year TV partnership after he discussed the possibility of solo work.

The presenter admitted yesterday that there was little left for them to do together on screen, adding that he was looking at solo opportunities.

Speaking on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, Madeley said: "We both feel we have done pretty much all we can do as a partnership, but I think probably we both feel the need to diversify.

"It has been over 20 years doing the same kind of thing and there are tantalising possibilities in terms of solo projects or one-off projects together."

Their latest venture, Richard & Judy's New Position, is reportedly facing the axe after viewing figures fell to just 8,000.

It will be strange seeing just one of them on tv to begin with

Perdita
08-05-2009, 16:35
Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan have quit their UKTV chatshow, it has been announced.

One year after signing with Watch, the TV couple are to leave when the current series ends on July 3.

Earlier this year, reports suggested that the show was facing the axe after viewing figures fell to just 8,000.

The couple are quoted as saying: "Some you win, some you lose. It’s a shame we couldn’t get this one to fly because both we and our brilliant young production team were genuinely proud of the show and the guests it attracted.

"But it became obvious that it wasn’t the right fit with a brand new pay-for-view digital channel. TV is all about taking risks and that means sometimes you fail. It was a really worthwhile experiment and we don’t regret it at all."

Madeley also confirmed recent rumours that the pair are to go their separate ways, saying: "Now we’re both going on to other projects, together and separately."