PDA

View Full Version : Swash ordered to pay child maintenance

Perdita
08-02-2009, 13:06
Joe Swash has been ordered to pay £60 per week maintenance for his son after his ex-girlfriend contacted the Child Support Agency, according to a report.

The former EastEnders actor welcomed the arrival of his first child Harry in June 2007, but he split from the baby's mother Emma Sophocleous just seven months later. Sophocleous later accused the star of leaving her "totally in the lurch".

According to the News Of The World, the CSA - now called the Child Maintenance Enforcement Commission (CMEC) - had started investigating the matter when Swash took part in I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! in November. He went on to win the series, triumphing over Martina Navratilova and George Takei.

"Emma said she was now getting £60 a week, but wasn't all that pleased about the amount," a source told the newspaper. "She reckons Joe has made much more than that from all the deals he's done since being crowned king of the jungle."

A spokesman for Swash explained: "He is abiding by the CSA ruling and will continue to do so in the future. It has been a difficult relationship with his son's mother and he and his lawyers are working on a solution with regards to access to his son that will suit everyone.

Pinkbanana
08-02-2009, 19:02
It really annoys me this.....people who have the money, but don't pay (or pay a pitiful amount) to support their children....who does he think is going to pay for his child??? The state, probably. :rolleyes:

Perdita
08-02-2009, 19:23
But he is out of work at the moment, as far as I know and might not have that much money. I agree that should he find work again as an actor, especially if he was to come back to EE, he will have to up the maintenance by a fair bit.

Chloe O'brien
09-02-2009, 14:47
What about all the money he got from being in the jungle and his panto stunt. He couldn't have spent it all already. My nephew has to pay over £700 a month for CSA for his son.

Katy
09-02-2009, 15:12
so he should, he is no different from any other father who has split from the childs mother.

Perdita
09-02-2009, 15:15
What about all the money he got from being in the jungle and his panto stunt. He couldn't have spent it all already. My nephew has to pay over £700 a month for CSA for his son.

He donated a lot of the money from the jungle to a charity (£30,000 I think) and you don't know how much in debt he might have got himself into after leaving EE, they always say that the actor's life is financially very risky.

JustJodi
09-02-2009, 15:50
Surely he knew the CSA was going to be breathing down his neck ..60 a week is a pathetic..
I am sure SWash has a POSH lawyer and can twist things round,,it usually happens with the ones with MOOLA......:rolleyes:

JustJodi
09-02-2009, 15:52
He donated a lot of the money from the jungle to a charity (£30,000 I think) and you don't know how much in debt he might have got himself into after leaving EE, they always say that the actor's life is financially very risky.

makes u wonder why alot of EE actors want to go back on EE, not cos they MISS the EE cast and crew ... its cos of the moola they know they can make :hmm:

Pinkbanana
09-02-2009, 19:04

Call me old fashioned, but surely ensuring his child was financial okay should have been his main priority????! :hmm: I'm not knocking him for giving money to charity, but seems strange that he would willingly give money away to a cause, and not to paying for his own flesh and blood.....maybe there was no publicity in it.

Perdita
09-02-2009, 19:12
I was thinking that too, tbh, but I don't tend to take newspapar articles too serious as you never know what is hype and speculation and what is not, we all know that you can't trust media at all times.

Trinity
09-02-2009, 19:34
If you are going to bring children into the world the you are responsible to ensure that they are looked after properly.

Shame on him.