PDA

View Full Version : Amazon question

StarsOfCCTV
06-02-2009, 23:05
I want to order a cd off amazon but its only available to buy in america...thing is a dvd comes with it. Will it play on UK dvd players? I know there's something about regions but I'm not sure quite how that works...or if its applicable to america.

It doesn't say anything about regions on the page. :searchme: :o

Abigail
06-02-2009, 23:10
You can make your DVD player region free. Just google region free code for your make and model of player.

A lot of DVDs now are going region free. We're in region 2.

Katy
06-02-2009, 23:14
we managed to decode ours last night it was pretty simple

StarsOfCCTV
06-02-2009, 23:58
I've looked but I can only find unlocking where you have to pay. We have a panasonic dmr-es15. Apparently you need a special remote.

Apprarently my mac can change the region settings 5 times. No idea why it's only five times. But I don't use the drive to watch dvds anyway so I can always play the dvd on my computer.

Did you just do yours with the remote you have Katy?

Katy
07-02-2009, 07:12
yeah he found a code on the internet to do it

It was becauses we bought dvds off amazon thinking these arre cheap and the region was it was region 1!

sindydoll
07-02-2009, 11:45
i didnt know that! wow im going to try it

Abigail
07-02-2009, 22:11
I've looked but I can only find unlocking where you have to pay. We have a panasonic dmr-es15. Apparently you need a special remote.

Apprarently my mac can change the region settings 5 times. No idea why it's only five times. But I don't use the drive to watch dvds anyway so I can always play the dvd on my computer.

Did you just do yours with the remote you have Katy?

There is no handset hack for Panasonic's.

There's a post on a message board here (http://www.avforums.com/forums/dvd-player-hacks/368649-panasonic-dvd-players-region-free-hack-now-available-4.html#post3354408) that tells you how to do it from a pc or laptop.

StarsOfCCTV
08-02-2009, 00:43
Ooh thats good thanks for that. Its too late for me too read that all tonight but I'll definitely look at it tomorrow. :D

Got a month for the dvd to arrive (stupid cheap standard shipping :p) so I'll probably be able to do it by then. :p

sindydoll
08-02-2009, 13:48
but dont our dvd players play pal and america play NTSC or am i mixed up :lol:

Abigail
08-02-2009, 14:00
You can switch your DVD player to play either.