PDA

View Full Version : In Pictures: Jack's funeral in 'Emmerdale'

Perdita
03-02-2009, 05:53
This is the tear-jerking moment that the residents of Emmerdale gather to pay their final respects to their dear friend and relative Jack Sugden.

The hour-long commemorative episode also marks a year since the late Clive Hornby's final appearance in the rural serial drama as Jack Sugden, before he was forced to take a break from the show due to illness.

The 63-year-old actor passed away in July last year.

Former Emmerdale actors Sheila Mercier and Karl Davies - Annie and Robert Sugden in the show - both agreed to return for the tribute episode, which mirrors the soap's first ever episode featuring the funeral of Jack Sugden's father Jacob in 1972.

Speaking of her return, Mercier said: "It was a pleasure to return for this special tribute episode to Clive. I'm sure it will be a fitting way to celebrate the life and memory of one of Emmerdale's dearest characters."

Davies added: "I wanted to come back to do this episode, to pay tribute to a wonderful actor, friend and father. The episode is an homage to the first ever episode of Emmerdale where we see Jack returning to Emmerdale on the day of his fathers funeral, so to see his son return on the day of his funeral is a nice way to complete the circle."

Horby was the show's longest-serving character, playing Jack Sugden for 28 years.

The commemorative episode airs on Tuesday, February 10 at 7pm on ITV1.

lizann
03-02-2009, 16:16
RIP Jack Sudgen :(

Chris_2k11
05-02-2009, 18:57
I didnt realise Robert was coming back aswell

RuebenClara
05-02-2009, 21:55
I will watch and say a prayer for Clive and his family. I can remember watching him almost 20 years ago years ago when Lynn tried to serve him sort of pie of mash and beans. It's one of my earliest memories!

Abbie
06-02-2009, 16:40
This is going to be very sad :(

Katy
06-02-2009, 23:20
This is going to be sad but its good he is getting a send off that he deserves. He'll be missed by viewers as well i think.

RIP Clive

Perdita
08-02-2009, 13:25
Annie looks well for her age, I am pleased that Sheila was able to return to acting for a couple of days.

tammyy2j
10-02-2009, 11:39
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tvguide/view/69082/EMMERDALE/

Is Jo back also?

I'm glad Robert returns

Perdita
10-02-2009, 11:48
I don't think that Jo comes back for the funeral, I think the picture was taken shortly after Clive had died last year.