PDA

View Full Version : Comic Relief 2009 - Red Nose Day 13/03/09

tammyy2j
02-02-2009, 14:45
David Tennant will be hosting this year's Red Nose Day alongside Davina McCall on 13 March."It's going to be fantastic. There has always been a sense that Comic Relief is about everyone being able to join in," said the Doctor Who actor. "We can all help to make sure as much cash goes to all the people who need it most." Other highlights of this year's show will include Duncan Bannatyne and Peter Jones of Dragons' Den partnering on a Strictly Come Dancing Special and the stars of Gavin And Stacey releasing the comedy single Barry Islands In The Stream.

Chris_2k11
02-02-2009, 15:47
I heard The Saturdays are doing the single for it

Layne
02-02-2009, 16:23
DAVID TENNANT :wub: :cheer: Yay.

Rawnie
02-02-2009, 16:28
DAVID TENNANT :wub: :cheer: Yay.

My thoughts exactly :p
And Davinaaa :D
And Gavin and Stacey :eek: YAY! :wub:

I can't wait :)

Layne
02-02-2009, 16:31
I was that excited by David Tennant i didn't actually read the rest of the post - GAVIN AND STACEY :D Im looking forward to it now!

Rawnie
02-02-2009, 16:36
Oooooooh! Just realised that's the weekend I'm seeing Lily Allen :D

I heard aaaaaaages ago that they've dumped Comic Relief does Fame Academy and are doing a celebrity version of Britain's Next Top Model.. I don't know if it's true though :searchme:

Abbie
02-02-2009, 18:14
:cheer: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David Tennant!!! :D :p
Yay! :cheer: :p :D

Perdita
04-02-2009, 07:11
Celebrities including Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh have voiced BT's speaking clock to raise money for Comic Relief.

The Girls Aloud bandmates have been joined in the fundraising initiative by Gary Barlow, Chris Moyles and Fearne Cotton.

When callers dial 123 they will be told the time by one of the celebs, whose voices will be randomly selected, reports PA.

A further mystery guest will feature in the run-up to Red Nose Day on March 13.

BT will donate 10p from every speaking clock call made from a BT fixed line in the UK up to March 23.

As well as stating the time, each celebrity will replace the 'pips' with their own special sound.

Abbie
04-02-2009, 16:34
you can call 123, to find out the time?

Perdita
05-02-2009, 06:09
BLUE Peter’s legends are reuniting for a Comic Relief dance special — but scandal-hit John Leslie has been left out.

Former presenters Peter Duncan, Peter Purves, Janet Ellis and Tim Vincent are lined up for charity show Let’s Dance For Comic Relief.

Anthea Turner, Mark Curry, Diana Louise Jordan, and Helen Skelton are also joining the fun.

But Leslie, 43 — cleared of rape allegations and later sacked from ITV1’s This Morning for taking lines of cocaine — will miss out.

However, stars from Blue Peter — famed for its badges and catchphrase “here’s one we made earlier” — will be joined by a stellar cast of BBC faces. Dragons’ Den stars Peter Jones, Duncan Bannatyne and Deborah Meaden are leaving their East London lair for the charity boogie.

Jo Brand, Robert Webb, Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuinness and radio comedy double act Dick and Dom are also on the bill. Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two host Claudia Winkleman and Steve Jones will present the four-week show, which begins on BBC1 on Saturday, February 21.

To get the British public to dig deep, the acts will recreate a number of famous dances from movies such as Saturday Night Fever and High School Musical.

They’ll also be showing out to pop classics such as Britney Spears’ Baby One More Time and Michael Jackson’s Thriller. And they’ve even roped in Strictly Come Dancing pro Anton Du Beke to head the judging panel.

Proceeds from the phone voting will go to this year’s Comic Relief appeal. Leslie’s reputation was shredded when a tape emerged of him having drug-fuelled sex with then girlfriend Abi Titmuss and another girl.

TO get involved in Red Nose Day go to www.rednoseday.com

Abbie
05-02-2009, 07:51
Aww that will be good :thumbsup:

Perdita
05-02-2009, 09:47

When callers dial 123 they will be given an accurate time check and the celebrities' voices will appear in random order.

Each will replace the "pips" with their own special Comic Relief sound, ranging from kisses, raspberries and piano chords.

di marco
05-02-2009, 10:35
cant wait for comic relief, sounds good this year :D

lizann
05-02-2009, 10:42
What is the single?

Chris_2k11
05-02-2009, 18:37
What is the single?The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough

a Depeche Mode cover apparently

Chloe O'brien
05-02-2009, 21:04
I bought two red noses and a comic relief whooopy cushion today from Sainsburys. Marley school always does a fame academy were all the kids take part and each class picks one act to go through to the final on Comic Relief day. The teachers play the judges and all the kids get to boo the headmaster. Two years ago four boys in Marley's class did Take That.

Abbie
06-02-2009, 16:24

When callers dial 123 they will be given an accurate time check and the celebrities' voices will appear in random order.

Each will replace the "pips" with their own special Comic Relief sound, ranging from kisses, raspberries and piano chords.

Yeah I know

But I never knew you could call 123 in the first place to find out the time

Perdita
08-02-2009, 19:46
Before digital clocks years ago, that is what people did to set their watches and alarms correctly. There have been reports of men falling in love with the voice of the female announcer, I think in those days the voice was always a female one, might still be today :)

Abbie
08-02-2009, 22:04
Lol thismight sound silly but is it free?

Chris_2k11
09-02-2009, 22:40
heres the song -

YouTube - The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough (Radio 1 Premiere Rip)

dont think much to this at all! even walk this way was better

di marco
10-02-2009, 22:08
Lol thismight sound silly but is it free?

i think you have to pay for it

Abbie
10-02-2009, 22:22
Aww thats a shame

tammyy2j
11-02-2009, 10:45
The Saturdays release their Comic Relief single - a cover of Depeche Mode's 'Just Can't Get Enough' - on March 2

Perdita
13-02-2009, 10:14
The second group of contestants and guest panellists have been announced for Let's Dance For Comic Relief.

Chefs Paul Rankin, Sophie Grigson, John Burton Race, Nancy Lam, Kevin Woodford, Sophie Michel, Tony Tobin, Reza Mohammad and Silvana Rowe have signed up to appear on the show.

Other new additions include cast members from Hollyoaks and Les Dennis, Neil Fox, Angela Rippon and Nancy Sorrell.

They will join Jo Brand, Robert Webb and other previously announced contestants on the show, which aims to find the champion of the dance floor while paying homage to iconic routines.

Hosted by Claudia Winkleman and Steve Jones, the series will run for four weeks with a finale on Red Nose Day Weekend.

Each week, a celebrity act will perform a number of famous dance routines which will then be voted on by the judging panel and public.

The panel will be headed by Anton Du Beke, who will be joined by a team of two different guest panellists each show, including Emma Bunton, Paul O'Grady and Michael McIntyre.

Let's Dance For Comic Relief launches on BBC One on Saturday, February 21 and concludes with the winner being crowned on Saturday, March 14.

Perdita
17-02-2009, 06:04
JO Brand is urging everyone to Do Somethin' for Comic Relief and has even stripped to an Outrageous Britney costume to back her appeal.
The 51-year-old stand-up got dolled up in the racy schoolgirl outfit that Britney wore in her breakthrough first single ...Baby One More Time eleven years ago for this week's Radio Times shoot.

Cover star Jo, who is usually seen wearing smart tunics and trousers, told the magazine that she decided to pose as Britney for Comic Relief because she finds the star's erratic behaviour 'interesting'.

Jo said: "It wasn’t my suggestion, but I was given a choice of three.

"The other two were Beyoncé and Kylie Minogue. But personally I think Britney’s got more spark than the other two – with apologies to Kylie and Beyoncé fans, who will now want to kill me.

"I quite fancied singing the Neighbours theme tune, but obviously that’s too old for most people. There’s just something about Britney. To me she’s got a slight lack of control about her, shall we say, which I feel is really interesting.”

Perdita
19-02-2009, 17:51
More celebrity names have been revealed for the upcoming charity talent show Let's Dance For Comic Relief.

Hollyoaks cast members Loui Batley, Nathalie Emmanuel, Dominique Jackson, Ricky Whittle, Garnon Davies and Chris Fountain will compete along with a number of EastEnders actors.

They will join Christopher Biggins, Nicki Chapman and the batch of other celebrities already named by organisers.

Denise Van Outen has been confirmed as a guest judge and will join the rotating panel of Emma Bunton, Paul O'Grady and Michael McIntyre alongside head judge Anton Du Beke.

Let's Dance For Comic Relief, hosted by Claudia Winkleman and Steve Jones, begins on Saturday, 21 February on BBC One.

Celebrities will face votes from the public and panel over three heats, with the winning six acts dancing in the final on Saturday, 14 March.

Chloe O'brien
21-02-2009, 00:12
Can't wait to see this tomorrow it's going to be a right laugh.

Abbie
21-02-2009, 12:31
Im gonna have to record it, cos im out :(

Chloe O'brien
21-02-2009, 22:31
How funny was Let's Dance. Robert Webb was bloddy brilliant doing his flashdance routine. All acts were great and lost their dignity well and truly in the name of charity.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
22-02-2009, 00:22
Im gonna have to record it, cos im out :(
Could always BBC iPlayer it! :) x

di marco
22-02-2009, 21:25
i watched it and thought they were all great apart from the grease one, i didnt think nikki chapman and christopher biggins really put any effort in compared to the others

Perdita
03-03-2009, 08:10
Alesha Dixon reportedly endured a fall while taking a toilet break on her climb to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.

The singer has signed up to the challenge with eight other celebrities to raise funds for Comic Relief.

According to PA, Dixon was answering the call of nature when she slipped and rolled down a steep ledge.

She was uninjured in the fall, which took place on the second day of what is expected to be an eight-day expedition to the summit of the 19,340ft mountain.

The group walked for seven hours on day two of the BT Red Nose Climb, which has now attracted the backing of Bono. The U2 frontman has pledged £1 for every metre the participants manage, which will total about £6,000 if they reach the top.

Ben Shephard, Cheryl Cole, Chris Moyles, Fearne Cotton, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Denise Van Outen, and Gary Barlow are also taking part in the trek

Perdita
05-03-2009, 06:15
THE Royle Family is making a comeback for Comic Relief — this time WITH Ralf Little.

Fans were stunned when he was dropped from the Christmas version of Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash’s comedy hit — which pulled in 10million viewers..

An insider said: “The skit sees the family trying to fundraise — except Jim for whom it’s a case of ‘charity my a***’.”

French & Saunders will also perform their final sketch on the night.

Comedy duo Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse get together for a sketch which sees the Dragon’s Den stars pitch their wares.

COMIC Relief’s Funny for Money is on Red Nose Day — Friday, March 13 — on BBC One from

tammyy2j
05-03-2009, 13:54
The celebrities climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief had a scary moment last night, according to Gary Barlow, when fellow climber Fearne Cotton collapsed outside the tents.

Gary revealed in his diary for The Sun newspaper, ‘At midnight we were woken by Fearne calling out for help. She had got up to go to the loo and collapsed on the floor outside from exhaustion and was too weak to move.

‘Fearne was given an anti-sickness injection but when we woke this morning she still didn’t look good. The medics had to give her a full examination before deciding that she could continue.’

Gary added that he had a bad case of altitude sickness himself, but after a 30 minute rest, was spurred on to continue by seeing Fearne struggle through.

Perdita
09-03-2009, 06:04
GARY BARLOW wept as he finally reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
It had taken seven months’ planning but Gary and the eight other celebs conquered the 19,330ft peak and raised almost £1.5million for Comic Relief.

He said: “The challenge was totally underestimated by every one of us. The climb was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I never want to see a tent or a sleeping bag again! To be told each day the amount we had raised kept our spirits up. So thank you so much to the beautiful British public for being so generous.”

Here is the TAKE THAT star’s final diary report, on the gruelling walk to the top of the mountain:

It’s summit day and at 1am, with head torches lit, we left camp with seven hours’ walk ahead. Within 25 minutes we were getting battered by 75mph winds. We kept climbing but the winds kept coming. All I could see were the boots in front of me.
Over the next couple of hours the group spread out. BEN SHEPHARD, CHERYL COLE, FEARNE COTTON and DENISE VAN OUTEN led the pack.

RONAN KEATING stayed with me as I was falling asleep walking.

We plodded on. Ronan checked his watch and it was 4am. This was great news as we were halfway there. The walk was steep, severe and heart-breaking.

For the first time this week no one was talking. The deadly silence was broken by the porters singing hymns. We were 16,400ft up Kili in pitch black listening to the beautiful voices.

The skyline was starting to go red — it was the sun trying to come up. It was 6am and we could see the finish line was ten minutes away.

Read previous diary entries by clicking here.

Seven months of planning, phone calls, emails, training, sweat, tests and sleepless nights had all led to this. The sun started to rise, it was so emotional and for the first time I lost it and couldn’t stop crying.

Ben, Cheryl, Denise and Fearne had all done it. They were on cloud nine.

Then we saw a large Englishman with an entourage of porters singing football songs behind him — it was CHRIS MOYLES about to reach the summit. I was made up for him.

Ten yards behind was KIMBERLEY WALSH, she’d made it as well.

That meant only ALESHA DIXON was missing. We’d heard she’d had a hard night but then I could see she had made it too. She looked exhausted but ecstatic. Back at the hotel I had my first shower in eight days. I was in there for an hour!”

Cheryl said: “It has been, without question, the single most mentally and physically challenging experience of my life.”

Ronan admitted: “The last night up to the summit was so tough and physically and mentally draining it almost destroyed us.

Top marks to you all for such an amazing achievement. I’m thrilled you completed it.

YOU can still sponsor the team at rednoseday.com. Watch the documentary on Thursday at 8pm on BBC1.

The Sun

Perdita
10-03-2009, 06:19
WACKY pop star Robbie Williams stars in a Little Britain Comic Relief sketch — as the Devil girl in The Exorcist.
UFO-mad Robbie hams it up as the youngster taken over by Satan in a spoof of the 1970s classic horror film.

But the Let Me Entertain You singer admitted he was terrified of saying creepy lines in the charity TV show.

Robbie, 35, said he was troubled by the script for the scene with Little Britain’s David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

He said: “In my old age I’m becoming a bit of an atheist having been brought up a good Catholic boy.

“But when I was rehearsing I wouldn’t say those words about the Devil in case they made Beelzebub walk into my soul and take me over. Seriously, there’s something about saying those lines that scared me. He’s a scary guy isn’t he, Satan?”

He also bizarrely said: “I’ve been practising being the Devil for 35 years.”

Angels singer Robbie — who played a Laydee alongside Walliams’s Little Britain transvestite Emily Howard for Comic Relief in 2005 — returned to the UK last month after a spell in LA.

The former Take That star — who claims to have seen three UFOs — has a £7million mansion in Wiltshire, a hotbed for ET sightings.

He had not been in a studio for two years until Walliams, 37, and Lucas, 35, asked him to take part in their sketch.

He plays Candy Marie-Candy, a pal of Little Britain USA’s Ellie Grace (Lucas) and her character’s Mom (Walliams).

He told Heat magazine: “It was a big deal for me... I got a bit nervous.”

But he was keen to wear a nightie.

Robbie, who tells the mag he wants to be in TV’s Loose Women, said: “It’s easy in, easy out. It’s as comfortable as the kaftan I wear normally... I do only wear kaftans around the house.”

Walliams told The Sun: “The best way to tempt Robbie back into the spotlight is by putting him in a dress!”

Their sketch — which also stars Catherine Tate, 40, — is on Comic Relief’s Funny for Money on BBC One this Friday from 7pm.

Siobhan
13-03-2009, 09:36
Did anyone watch the apprentice last night?? I laughed so much.. it was brilliant.. can't wait to see who gets fired tonight.. Gok Wan saying he would like to see how Nick would look good naked :lol::lol: the look on Nick's face.. and Alan Carr was so so funny:rotfl: I really enjoyed it

Chloe O'brien
13-03-2009, 11:26
How cool were those velcro suits I want one, they did spoil the product with the dice. Gok and Alan were brilliant I think it may be Johnathan Ross that get's fired.

Siobhan
13-03-2009, 11:42
How cool were those velcro suits I want one, they did spoil the product with the dice. Gok and Alan were brilliant I think it may be Johnathan Ross that get's fired.

either Ross or Gerald...

I liked Pasty idea too.. have the suit make funny noise when you hug.. would be great to combine the two.. funny noise and getting stuck.. I asked my kids this morning which they would like, the belt or the suit and they both said the suit

Chloe O'brien
13-03-2009, 22:30
Loving Comic Relief lots of laughs and tears, Davina lucky cah kissing Mr Tennant.

Perdita
14-03-2009, 13:20
Davina McCall was forced to mouth the word "sorry" to millions of viewers as they tuned into Comic Relief, thanks to a blunder by Angus Deayton.

The former Have I Got News For You presenter swore live on air two hours before the watershed, reports PA. In a joke over the former Have I Got News For You star reading out his bank details, Deayton inadvertently said: "Bugger, yes."

A BBC spokeswoman said that no offence was intended. "Within any live programme there is a possibility that something can happen that is not planned," she said.

"No offence was intended and Davina McCall clearly mouthed "sorry" into the camera."

Layne
14-03-2009, 17:38
HOW HILARIOUS were French and Saunders in their Mamma Mia Spoof :lol:
Loved it!

Chloe O'brien
14-03-2009, 21:09
Robert Webb won Let's Dance. It could only have been him or Paddy and Keith who won. All acts were brilliant.

Siobhan
16-03-2009, 09:11
HOW HILARIOUS were French and Saunders in their Mamma Mia Spoof :lol:
Loved it!

That was brilliant.. I laughed so much.. I love French and Saunders... :lol::lol: I loved Dawn's line when she said to Joanna "oh just do Patsy, that is all you can do" :rotfl:

Perdita
31-03-2009, 09:47
Supporters of Comic Relief donated more than £7.8 million via text message in what could be a new record.

The 2009 donation lines have so far received 4.75 million messages pledging either £1 or £5 to the charity.

Mobile operators waived their fees and the Treasury did not take VAT from the donations, reports PA.

Trustee of Comic Relief Emma Freud said: "The extraordinary commitment of the mobile industry to this year's campaign has been astonishing, helping us to raise a staggering £7.8 million through mobile text donations. An outstanding success."

Verification from Guinness World Records is now being sought to confirm if a new record has been set. The televised appeal itself pulled in a record haul of £57 million earlier this month, nearly £20 million more than the previous end-of-night record set in 2007.

:cheer: :clap:

Chloe O'brien
03-04-2009, 23:21
Marley's school raised over £600 pounds. £475 was raised by the school and £204 by the afterschool club. Don't know were the money will be donated to as last Red Nose Day they got to choose what they wanted to donate their money to and the school choose to build a classroom and provide text books and jotters for a school in Africa.

Abbie
04-04-2009, 17:09
Aww wow thats very good of them!!!!!

Its still amazing how much everyone raised this year
Its funny how we raised the most even though times are supposedly hard

Chloe O'brien
04-04-2009, 23:15
I think it's because they have so much merchindise you can buy that you don't notice how much you've donated. I bought 4 red noses, three whoopee cusions and two of the space thingy hairbands. I also spent money every day of the week leading up to RND buying cakes and biscutes at the after-school club then Marley had money to the school talent show. Marley's judo class also had a special mini tournament but she couldn't take part because of injury but I still donated to that so it all mounts up.