PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this?!

di marco
30-01-2009, 12:54
A SICK paedo has issued a compo claim for thousands of pounds because his prison cell doesn't have a TOILET.

Child rapist David Williams wants £5,000, claiming his human rights were breached because he has to endure “a substandard lifestyle”.

The 43-year-old perv was jailed in June 2007 for the rape of a young teenage boy and is now at Exeter Prison in Devon.

He was given an indeterminate sentence for public protection.

Williams, who has lived in Devon and Durham, has a series of convictions against his name dating back to the 1980s.

He was arrested for the rape shortly after serving six years for seven counts of gross misconduct against four boys aged between four and 11.

And during that sentence he REFUSED to take part in any sex offender rehabilitation courses.

In a writ to the High Court, Williams said the lifestyle at the prison is endangering his “physical and emotional health”.

The claims have sparked outrage from victim support groups.

Ed Usher, of Victims’ Voice, said: “The human rights of the victim are never taken into account.

“These offenders have been put behind bars because they chose to commit the crime.

“Provided they are held in decent surroundings, it’s ridiculous they should make these sorts of claims for damages.”

In the claim, Williams is seeking damages under Article 3 of the Human Rights Act 1998.

It describes the inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment of a person.

Williams claims his rights are being breached because he was “denied” proper sanitation facilities, washing facilities and the supply of hot water and drinking water in his cell on the prison’s D-wing.

The writ claims Williams has been subjected to “degrading and humiliating treatment” by the prison service.

But the Ministry of Justice denied Exeter Prison’s sanitary provisions breached any human rights.

A spokesman said: “Our position is that no prison’s sanitary arrangements breach human rights legislation.”

Exeter Prison said the case is being dealt with by their solicitors.

StarsOfCCTV
30-01-2009, 13:12
How can monsters like that can claim human rights. Did he ever think about the human rights he was taking away from those boys I wonder!! :angry:

Abigail
30-01-2009, 13:26
Sex offenders should be denied human rights. I wonder how many other prisoners were subjected to "degrading and humiliating treatment" because they didn't have a toilet or hot water in their cell.

Abbie
30-01-2009, 17:08
That is just shocking :angry: he needs to put up with his punishment doesnt matter if he doesnt have a loo!

di marco
30-01-2009, 22:42
just cos he doesnt have a toilet in his cell doesnt mean his human rights have been taken away, he had a toilet to use so i dont see his problem! i hate how criminals are treated better than their victims

Perdita
31-01-2009, 13:11
I hope this case does not even go to court but gets sorted with the solicitors and that the perv gets told to shove it. I presume he has toilet facilities but not en-suite. Nothing wrong with that and no rights have been abused whether human or otherwise.

Kim
02-02-2009, 21:35
I wouldn't see anything wrong with it if he didn't have access to a toilet at all, never mind not having one in his cell!

Katy
03-02-2009, 09:13
I didnt have a toilet in my cell i mean room at halls, but there were adequete facilities, if there was no toilets anywhere in the prison i could understand why he was trying to make a point.

This wont go much further i doubt

HE clearly didnt think about the Right to freedom when he abused that poor child

di marco
04-02-2009, 18:46
I didnt have a toilet in my cell i mean room at halls, but there were adequete facilities, if there was no toilets anywhere in the prison i could understand why he was trying to make a point.

lol i agree! i coped for a year sharing a toilet, its not that difficult!