PDA

View Full Version : Ant and Dec's Take Away

Perdita
22-01-2009, 06:46
TELLY stars Ant and Dec may have to accept a takeaway from their pay as ITV’s fortunes plummet.

The pint-sized favourites will start negotiating new deals with the network in April.

But the Geordie pals, who signed a deal worth £20million each in 2007, are unlikely to get cheques that size again.

ITV chiefs, hit by falling advertising revenue, are embroiled in an “efficiency review” — signalling cost cuts and job losses to pay for keeping hold of hit shows.

An insider at the network, which shed 1,000 jobs just before Christmas, warned: “We are trying to maintain our on-screen investment.”

That means Ant and Dec, both 33, the stars of hits such as Saturday Night Takeaway, I’m A Celebrity... and Britain’s Got Talent, may not stay at ITV exclusively.

A source close to the duo said: “Ant and Dec are not stuck up about cash — they realise there is a credit crunch.

“They love ITV, but they really want to produce more of their own shows with their company Gallowgate.”

X Factor boss Simon Cowell’s £20million deal with ITV also ends in December at the same time as Ant and Dec’s.

CHANNEL 4 was yesterday told it has to raise cash it had hoped to receive from the Government. TV watchdog Ofcom suggested C4 should merge with BBC Worldwide or Five to secure its future.

I think those deals of £20million each are obscene, nobody is worth that kind of money :banned:

Abigail
22-01-2009, 12:13
There is no way C4 and the BBC should merge. They have completely different views on the world.

di marco
22-01-2009, 14:38
There is no way C4 and the BBC should merge. They have completely different views on the world.

bbc worldwide is slightly different from the other bbc channels though cos it shows programmes that arent just bbc ones

Abbie
22-01-2009, 16:05
Hopefully this show will come back , I love this show :)

Perdita
18-02-2009, 10:09
Ant McPartlin is taking on Declan Donnelly in a musical challenge which will be used to raise money for charity.

The pair, who had a string of hits in the 1990s as pop duo PJ & Duncan, will each perform a track on Saturday Night Takeaway.

Fans can download either song for 79p and for every track downloaded, 44p will go to ChildLine, Teenage Cancer Trust and Help The Aged, The Sun reports.

Donnelly will cover Wham's 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go' while McPartlin will sing S Club 7's 'Reach'.

McPartlin said: "On the week of the Brits I'm bringing shame to the whole of the music industry by singing again.

"It’s all about beating Dec, not getting a No1. I don't care where we come in the charts.

"If I beat him by one, even half a download, that'll do. It's victory at all costs."

He added that he may get in touch with Robbie Williams for advice, though he noted that Williams has not performed for some time.

At the weekend, the first episode in the new series of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway averaged 7.33 million viewers, 31.7% of the audience share.

Abbie
18-02-2009, 12:59
What a good task :D :thumbsup: