PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Butcher

Luna
01-01-2006, 16:45
EastEnders producers are trying to woo Sid Owen back to Albert Square as Ricky Butcher, according to today's Sunday Mirror.

The move follows the actor's successful stint on the recent series of ITV's I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!

"Sid is one of the show's most successful characters," said a source. "Bosses have discussed bringing Ricky back as they're building up Pat Evans' family.

"It'd be the perfect time for him to return, especially after his performance on I'm A Celebrity. He was one of the most popular characters in the jungle."

Owen, who left the show in 2003, said he would "definitely" return for a stint on the show if asked.

The newspaper also claims that Michael French, who played Pat's son David Wicks, has been asked back.

lollymay
01-01-2006, 16:48
i hope he comes back i really like him

Bryan
01-01-2006, 16:49
EastEnders producers are trying to woo Sid Owen back to Albert Square as Ricky Butcher, according to today's Sunday Mirror.

The move follows the actor's successful stint on the recent series of ITV's I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!

"Sid is one of the show's most successful characters," said a source. "Bosses have discussed bringing Ricky back as they're building up Pat Evans' family.

"It'd be the perfect time for him to return, especially after his performance on I'm A Celebrity. He was one of the most popular characters in the jungle."

Owen, who left the show in 2003, said he would "definitely" return for a stint on the show if asked.

The newspaper also claims that Michael French, who played Pat's son David Wicks, has been asked back.

can 06 get any better! pat is coming back with force baby!

this is a lot more lilekly now that micheal french will return, as hes back with the bbc in holby! why on earth he didnt return to eastenders rather than holby city we shall never know!!!

ricky i dont think he should come back - pat was only his step mom after all, theres no janine, frank, bianca or nat so it would be pointless him returning...hed have no reason to come back and no storylines...

all we need now is simon and steven back! :cheer:

Luna
01-01-2006, 16:51
i do like ricky but i dont see exactly what they can do with him....maybe you could write a sneak preveiw of why you think he'll come back bb :p

It would be great to see Micheal french back i really enjoyed him back in holby the other week

Bryan
01-01-2006, 17:17
maybe his little kid is ill and he needs to find frank/janine for possible organ donors/bone marour etc...and the first place he looks is walford...somone gives liam the donoation and ricky is persauded to stay by old friends such as phil etc

Luna
01-01-2006, 17:40
but surly he would know that jannine has done a runner - surly frank would have gotten in contact with him about that or even pat would have

Bryan
01-01-2006, 17:43
but surly he would know that jannine has done a runner - surly frank would have gotten in contact with him about that or even pat would have

dont think ricky knows where frank is, and i dont think pat knows where ricky is...i stand correceted

this is the thing now, there is no reason for janine, ricky or frank to ever return again, but if one did and stayed then the others could return as a result, id love pat and frank to get back together and the butchers/wicks can be the main family in eastenders...if only

Luna
01-01-2006, 17:46
oh no i really dont want to see pat and frank back together yet again it's getting too old now

Why cant pat meet someone that she would never leave for frank or have an affair with him again

Bryan
01-01-2006, 17:48
oh no i really dont want to see pat and frank back together yet again it's getting too old now

Why cant pat meet someone that she would never leave for frank or have an affair with him again

frank has always been and always will be her one true love...no matter who else she finds, one twinkle of his eyes and a grin from them pearly white teeth and she's his. :rotfl:

DaVeyWaVey
01-01-2006, 20:25
I don't really want Ricky to come back. Never really liked the character.

Bryan
01-01-2006, 20:26
I don't really want Ricky to come back. Never really liked the character.

i must admit he isnt the best of characters, he was very weak, but then again he was paired with the likes of daniella and patsy...2 of the worst actresses ever to enter Elstree.

Luna
01-01-2006, 20:28
who could he go with now???

which women would you pair him with

DaVeyWaVey
01-01-2006, 20:28
i must admit he isnt the best of characters, he was very weak, but then again he was paired with the likes of daniella and patsy...2 of the worst actresses ever to enter Elstree.

Completely agree with you. I hated the whole Rickaaay! thing.

Bryan
01-01-2006, 20:30

i think if kim medcalf was there a sam and ricky one would be good...its only daniella that ruined that one...

Kim
01-01-2006, 21:18
I think that would be quite good. Isn't Frank coming back again too, that would make it even better.

Luna
01-01-2006, 21:19
nope he said that a when he came back a couple of weeks ago that was his last time....but then again we heard that before

Bryan
02-01-2006, 10:17
nope he said that a when he came back a couple of weeks ago that was his last time....but then again we heard that before

we can hope and pray

but as luna says, on paul o grady he said this is it...no more...

until his bank balance hits rock bottom again! :lol:

Katy
02-01-2006, 10:21
i quite liked ricky as a character, would be interesting what the outcome was if he did return

pops110874
02-01-2006, 14:36
would be much much more excited to see david wicks back than ricky. Although i suppose the arches havent been the same without ricky.

Can you imagine david wicks and grant mitchell back??! :wub:

pops110874
02-01-2006, 14:38

good point - there is an extreme shortage of women in the square around rickys age.

Maybe if ricky came back he would join the long list of characters "with no where to go and nothing to do" ie minty, gary, naomi, gus etc

bevanuk
06-01-2006, 12:39
Source: Digital Spy

Ricky Butcher and David Wicks are apparently being asked back to the show, during the build up of Pat Evan's family.

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 12:40
That would be great if it is true.. I love David Wicks...

CrazyLea
06-01-2006, 12:43
david which one was he lol. was he the one played by michael french :S
meh i dont like ricky!!! lol

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 12:45
Bring Back Wicksy!! :D

JustJodi
06-01-2006, 12:45
Source: Digital Spy

Ricky Butcher and David Wicks are apparently being asked back to the show, during the build up of Pat Evan's family.

Rickkkkkkkyyyyyy omggggg... Who played David Wicks ????:searchme:

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 12:48
Rickkkkkkkyyyyyy omggggg... Who played David Wicks ????:searchme:Michael French :)

CrazyLea
06-01-2006, 12:49
cool. i think i slightly remember him when i was younger lol :p
but i like the actor anyway so thats cool :) :D

Debs
06-01-2006, 12:50
wold be good to have thme back

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 12:50
Michael French :)

the incredibly sexy :wub::wub::wub: but totally gay yummy michael french

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 12:51
Imagine if Cindy turned out to be alive and came back with him! :eek: :rotfl: Ian's face would be a picture! lmao

CrazyLea
06-01-2006, 12:54
the incredibly sexy :wub::wub::wub: but totally gay yummy michael french

is he gay :O wow didnt know that. but he is sexy :p

haha chris that would be funny :p

JustJodi
06-01-2006, 12:56
Can't find a photo of him,,, can one of u wonderful people provide one ???

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 12:58
Can't find a photo of him,,, can one of u wonderful people provide one ???

here is one http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/michael_french.shtml

Debs
06-01-2006, 12:58
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/eastenders/characters/david_w/char_davidwicks.jpg

from the EE SITE

JustJodi
06-01-2006, 13:13
here is one http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/michael_french.shtml

Good lord I know who that is now,, and hes A POOF ??? whoa,, what a cutie and sighhhh what a waste !!!!:)

Debs
06-01-2006, 13:14
Is he really gay????

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 13:14
I never knew that! :confused:

JustJodi
06-01-2006, 13:16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/eastenders/characters/david_w/char_davidwicks.jpg

from the EE SITEah ha,, now I know who this dude is, he was that country doctor in Born and Bred.. wasn't he supposed to have been killed off during the "war" in the show,,
So did he play a straight role as David Wicks or was he gay in that role ? I know I am asking dumb questions, but I didn't start watching it until probably after he left :p

Debs
06-01-2006, 13:17
ah ha,, now I know who this dude is, he was that country doctor in Born and Bred.. wasn't he supposed to have been killed off during the "war" in the show,,
So did he play a straight role as David Wicks or was he gay in that role ? I know I am asking dumb questions, but I didn't start watching it until probably after he left :p

he played straight blokre in ee

JustJodi
06-01-2006, 13:19
he played straight blokre in ee

wonder if we can call him BI cos he does make out with an awful lot of women to be a gay guy:p

JustJodi
06-01-2006, 13:21
I never knew that! :confused:

Me either,, I had a hard time dealing with another British actor being gay,, Rupert ( cant remember his last name ) :searchme: I was shocked when I saw his interview on Jonathan Ross,, I honestly HAD NO IDEA !!!!!!!!

Keating's babe
06-01-2006, 13:23
I didn't know that Michael French was gay. Shocker. :eek:

Credit to the actor though, he was fab as David Wicks. Can you imagine the look on Ian's face if he did come back. But.... I thought I had read he is joining Holby, surely he cannot do both - unless Holby is a one-off appearance.

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 14:15
yes.. sorry ladies but he is gay in real life only.. on screen is a womaniser charmer and so so sexy :wub::wub:

mind you the guy who played Danny is gay too and he had a few women on EE!!!
(btw, i sobbed like a little girl when he left EE :crying::crying:)

Johnny Allen
06-01-2006, 16:51
Michael French is gay, goodness me that's a turn up for the books, imagine if David Wicks came back with Cindy, imagine Pauline's face and Dot 'Oh I say'. Would be priceless would love to have him back he was hot, maybe they could bring back Nick Berry as well

Katy
06-01-2006, 16:54
who did nick bery play?

I loved David Wicks. Ians face wpould be priceless if he did return.

Johnny Allen
06-01-2006, 16:57
Nick Berry was Simon Wicks, last I heard he wasn't up to much work

Katy
06-01-2006, 16:58
oh yes of course he was im losing my memory. I dont think ive seen Nick Berry since harbour lights and that was ages ago.

Johnny Allen
06-01-2006, 17:01
He was in that great show In Deep but it disappeared of the screens, haven't seen him in anything else recently.

i_luv_dennis
06-01-2006, 17:02
i hope they do it would be great

crazygirl
06-01-2006, 17:02
i couldnt stand david

emma_strange
06-01-2006, 19:14
Aww i like both of them :cheer:

Babe14
07-01-2006, 09:20
One problem with this Michael French who plays the character is returning to Holby City and Sid Owen has just started some new work (Can't recall it just at the mo, but it will come back to me)

Johnny Allen
07-01-2006, 12:03
Sid is joining Bad Girls

Bryan
07-01-2006, 14:00
this is only a rumour, which has been posted here:

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40190

closing thread

littlemo
08-01-2006, 17:02
I liked Ricky, but he's not the most exciting character in the world. He was back not long ago, it must have only been about 2 years since he left. And he did go down the route of Gary and Minty. He's never been the same without Bianca, I think they were one of the greatest soap couples.

David on the other hand I would love too see. He was a good character, and if the new Wicks are anything to go by, he will have plenty of storylines to keep him amused.

I do believe we need more strong women in Eastenders, (young ones by EE's standards). David went out with women such as Cindy, Carol and Lorraine, we need people with more substance.

Florijo
09-01-2006, 14:55
I hope Ricky does not come back. He is on UK Gold at the minute and he did go down the route of the whole loser-sitting-in-the-Queen-Vic-drinking-with-Garry route, moaning and whinging about Sam and Trevor etc, etc.

I liked David though but I doubt he would come back. I don't think the actor wants to anyway. I loved his affair with Cindy, that was one off EE's best love triangles/affairs ever. David was like a drug to Cindy that she could not resist and David was just feckless. I also liked the storyline with his son Joe. Shame he proberly wont be back. :(

Siobhan
09-01-2006, 15:12
I liked David though but I doubt he would come back. I don't think the actor wants to anyway. I loved his affair with Cindy, that was one off EE's best love triangles/affairs ever. David was like a drug to Cindy that she could not resist and David was just feckless. I also liked the storyline with his son Joe. Shame he proberly wont be back. :(

I loved where she really thought they were leaving together and he just left her go on the eurostar by herself.. she really did think he loved her.. and when he left, joe running after him and telling him not to go :crying::crying::crying:

hayley
09-01-2006, 22:11
ooo! good! i like him!

dragoneye454
12-01-2006, 09:15
He's apparently going to bad girls so he can't really do both

Kim
12-01-2006, 16:02
Yep he is and can't do both, It would end up with Ricky being worse than Sharon, the way he would have to leave all the time.

sian33
13-01-2006, 20:19
its amazing how 3 weeks in a jungle can revive a washed out career its pointless bringing him back he has had his day!

party3210
30-10-2007, 07:56
sorry if this has already been posted i checked and couldnt see it. but in the sun online it says that he is coming back too!!!!!:searchme:

Florijo
30-10-2007, 08:24
Confirmed on the EE website as well. Don't like this. Bianca was fine but Ricky was always a bore.

Bryan
30-10-2007, 08:47
has the world gone mad!? why have they brought back two of the most iritating characters in the history of Eastenders!? What next - Robbie!?

The only positive thing about the return of RIIIICCKKAAAAAAAYYY! Is that there is a reason for Janine to return to Walford in the future.

Florijo
30-10-2007, 08:52
Bianca I think is a decent return (I never found her that annoying) but Ricky was just a complete bore and they already tried a return for him once. It is annoying as now with these two returns, screen time will be more limited for the less established, newer characters.

Katy
30-10-2007, 09:37
I liked Binaca but RIcky as completely different there was no point to him. The whole hom and Nat affair was so boring. I just really don't like him. I am all for returning characters. But it looks like in the few months we shall have the return of Ricky, Binanca and Claire, thats a lot i think. Why don't they focus on new characters that they can develop. It would be a much better idea.

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-10-2007, 09:41
I liked Ricky in the day but i don't think bringing him back is a good idea, he has a new fiance and i assume he still has Liam aswell so what possible reason does the guy have for coming back?

Bryan
30-10-2007, 10:04
i'm getting the feeling they will kill off Frank? :searchme:

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-10-2007, 10:13
i'm getting the feeling they will kill off Frank? :searchme:

That is a very good possibility actually yeah i forgot about that

Chloe O'brien
30-10-2007, 11:58
Well there's no show without Punch. I would do my Ricckkaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy impression but my voice disapeared with the british summer time on sunday morning and hasn't returned yet so I'm doing my impression of Minnie Mouse instead. :D

On the idea that they could decide to kill Frank of on screen would be a good way to have a funeral and a fiting tribute to Mike Reid.

Debs
30-10-2007, 12:15
What next - Robbie!?

Omg BRY SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

they may be watching and rememeber about him and think its a good idea!

Katy
30-10-2007, 14:12
lol, don't say that that would be the worst thing ever.

I think Frank will be the link actually. I can';t see another answer. I'm sure EE will surprise us anyway.

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-10-2007, 14:21
lol, don't say that that would be the worst thing ever.

I think Frank will be the link actually. I can';t see another answer. I'm sure EE will surprise us anyway.

I agree, Frank is the only reason he could come back, okay Pat was his step mum but that is not a good enough reason to return

Chris_2k11
30-10-2007, 15:03
What next - Robbie!?

they may be watching and rememeber about him and think its a good idea!Before you know it Den Watts will be back again :D He's been living abroad, alive and well :cool:

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-10-2007, 15:04
What next - Robbie!?

they may be watching and rememeber about him and think its a good idea!Before you know it Den Watts will be back again :D He's been living abroad, alive and well :cool:

Luckily i think they learnt their lesson with that one before :cheer:

Chris_2k11
30-10-2007, 15:13
you never know with eastenders :D

thestud2k7
30-10-2007, 15:19
they bought ricky back few years ago and axed him in an year

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-10-2007, 15:22
you never know with eastenders :D

We can only hope they have, i think we can just about cope with the return of Ricky but another return with Den would send viewers over the edge

Katy
30-10-2007, 17:11
I wonder if they will be back together as Ricky was with Nat last time the viewers heard.

tammyy2j
20-01-2009, 15:13
Source Soap Magazine

Apparently Ricky has a love child

Wasnt Tiffany suppose to be Ricky's daughter :confused:

LostVoodoo
20-01-2009, 17:26
no, Tiffany and Whitney have the same dad. who is now dead. plus how would tiffany be Ricky's when she's only about 5?

Abbie
20-01-2009, 17:50
:eek: wonder who?

di marco
20-01-2009, 22:42
:eek: wonder who?

im guessing it has to be a new character! unless it comes out hes actually the father of roxys baby lol!

Perdita
21-01-2009, 06:03
Ricky and Bianca only had Liam together. I hope there is not going to be another love child coming into EE, we have had enough of waifs and straifs just recently. :thumbsdow

miccisy
21-01-2009, 14:24
When Bianca first came back i remember it saying somewhere that at some point we will find out who Tiffany's father is and its a shock so maybe it could be Ricky.

di marco
21-01-2009, 14:38
When Bianca first came back i remember it saying somewhere that at some point we will find out who Tiffany's father is and its a shock so maybe it could be Ricky.

surely if tiffany was rickys he would have asked bianca by now whether she was his or not, as surely he would wonder?

di marco
23-01-2009, 12:21
from week 7 spoilers:

Bianca agonises over when to tell Ricky about the paternity issue, but the moment of truth may be closer than she thinks.

this might have something to do with ricky being tiffanys dad if its true?

crystalsea
23-01-2009, 15:32
don't forget that they slept together when Ricky went off to find Bianca when she was in trouble with that club and drug runner, and then she left Liam with Ricky. It could be about the right time?

Abbie
23-01-2009, 15:46
don't forget that they slept together when Ricky went off to find Bianca when she was in trouble with that club and drug runner, and then she left Liam with Ricky. It could be about the right time?

:eek: never thought about that!

di marco
23-01-2009, 16:01

i dont remember that, was it about 6yrs ago? if it was the right time though, wouldnt ricky have wondered and asked her about it sooner?

crystalsea
23-01-2009, 16:06
It was one of the specials just about Bianca and Ricky - Liam was still about 3/4 so I think it was around the right time. Of course my memory could be a bit creaky! :hmm:

Abbie
23-01-2009, 16:07
It was one of the specials just about Bianca and Ricky - Liam was still about 3/4 so I think it was around the right time. Of course my memory could be a bit creaky! :hmm:

No I think your right, I remember watching it too

JustJodi
23-01-2009, 16:16
Ricky and Bianca only had Liam together. I hope there is not going to be another love child coming into EE, we have had enough of waifs and straifs just recently. :thumbsdow

I agree with ya Per,,, there are just too many in Walford, lessee Jay,Dotty,,Danielle,, ok who else ...

di marco
24-01-2009, 11:16

No I think your right, I remember watching it too

i dont remember it, but from what youve said the dates do seem to match so its probably likely that its gonna turn out that tiffany is rickys

LoobyLou84
29-01-2009, 10:32
If she is, it may well be the thing to bring the pair back together ... cos let's face it, they're just meant to be!!

di marco
29-01-2009, 13:23
If she is, it may well be the thing to bring the pair back together ... cos let's face it, they're just meant to be!!

i hope that happens, although wouldnt ricky be slightly angry that he didnt know sooner?

LoobyLou84
29-01-2009, 13:45

i hope that happens, although wouldnt ricky be slightly angry that he didnt know sooner?

I hope that happens too ... I think it will cause a rift at first cos Ricky probably will be angry ... but from the spoilers it would suggest to me that Bianca didn't actually know herself, she just assumed Tiffany was fathered by Whitney's dad. So it's not like she's actually deliberately hidden it from Ricky

Siobhan
29-01-2009, 14:02
maybe it is just a flyby remark by Bianca.. saying something like he might be her dad and then it just sinks in that yes he could be so she gets the test

Abbie
29-01-2009, 22:37

Yeah :) I really agree :p

sindydoll
04-02-2009, 22:35
so we know ricky is tiffs dad but what i dont understand is how did this happen i thought he and bianca have never seen each other since she left him

tammyy2j
08-02-2009, 22:51
THIS is the moment fiery Bianca Jackson forces her former lover Ricky Butcher to have a DNA test.

Bianca thinks Ricky, who is dad to her eldest son Liam, may have also fathered Tiffany.

We revealed last month how the redhead confesses all to pal Shirley Carter (Linda Henry, 42) that Tiffany was born just over nine months after her last sex session with Ricky.

Determined to find out once and for all whether the cab driver – played by Sid Owen, 36 – is her daughter’s dad Bianca makes them both take a DNA test.

They keep the reason a secret from the schoolgirl and have to wait a few nervous weeks for the results

Abbie
08-02-2009, 22:54
I really like this storyline :D :cheer:

Siobhan
09-02-2009, 10:05
so we know ricky is tiffs dad but what i dont understand is how did this happen i thought he and bianca have never seen each other since she left him

There was a spin off show in 2002 or something where Bianca got ricky involved in some drug crime and they ended up having a fling

Abbie
09-02-2009, 17:46
I watched that program :D I was only 10/11 at the time, Im shocked I can remember it :p

tammyy2j
23-07-2012, 12:50
Sid Owen has reportedly said that he will never return to the BBC soap.

Owen, who played Ricky Butcher, announced that he is taking a break last year.

The 40-year-old has now confirmed that he has "retired" from acting, also vowing never to live in the UK again.

Owen told the Sunday Mirror: "I've retired. I'm now living permanently in France, where I have been on-and-off for the last ten years, and I'm running my restaurant.

"I haven't quite made my millions but I'm happy doing that and I'll never be back."

He added: "I'm done with the UK and I hope that you will never see me on your TV screens again *because I'm done and I've retired. I much prefer the lifestyle I have now."

His character Ricky, famous for his long-term romance with Bianca (Patsy Palmer), was last seen on Albert Square in June having originally left in January.

Glen1
23-07-2012, 15:41
Never really understood the point of his return anyway.

lizann
23-07-2012, 20:02

So we can hear Bianca say Rickkkkkkky :p

lizann
23-07-2012, 20:02

So we can hear Bianca say Rickkkkkkky :p

Perdita
05-03-2013, 12:27
EastEnders star Patsy Palmer has said that she wants on-screen husband Sid Owen to make a return to the soap.

The actor's character Ricky Butcher departed Walford in early 2012 after Palmer's feisty alter ego Bianca ended their relationship, although he later returned briefly for his sister Janine's wedding last summer.

Now a single parent, Bianca faces one of her biggest challenges yet over the next few weeks as her teenage son Liam (James Forde) joins a dangerous gang.

Palmer told Radio Times of the storyline: "There hasn't been mention of Ricky yet, but I will put it to the writers that there should be, because he is Liam's dad. They're not on bad terms and Liam has gone to stay with him at times.

"And I would like to see Sid come back - there's a lot of comedy in Ricky and Bianca, and it's a shame when viewers don't get to see that on-screen relationship."

Palmer explained that she also wants Bianca to share more scenes with Ray Dixon (Chucky Venn), the biological father of her son Morgan.

She commented: "He's a great dad. Every time he steps into that house, he's got that hero quality. I've said that it would be nice to have more of Ray around, but not for anything sexual or as a love interest.

"Usually in soaps, if there's a hunky bloke there it has to be about sex. Same if there's a beautiful woman. But people have got lots of other qualities and I'm sure there are lots of guys who might look at him and think, 'Yeah, I could be like that and make a real difference'."

EastEnders continues tonight (March 5) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
05-03-2013, 13:56
Ricky would be back for Liam he was always a good dad it is a shame Sid wont return a few episodes at least

tammyy2j
26-01-2016, 15:36
Sid Owen has admitted he would reprise his role as Ricky Butcher in 'EastEnders' in a ''heartbeat'' if he was asked by bosses to return.

The 44-year-old actor's alter-ego Ricky Butcher was last seen leaving Albert Square in 2012 but he would welcome the chance to return to Walford if he was asked by bosses.

He said: ''If they asked me, I'd go back in a heartbeat. 'EastEnders' was a big and very integral part of my life, so I'd always consider going back. I'm not sick of being Ricky just yet!''

Sid doesn't get chance to watch the soap very often, but was very impressed with last year's week of live episodes.

He said ''I live in France, so I'm rarely in the country to watch it. I tapped into it around the 30th anniversary last year and thought it was 'EastEnders' at its best.''

And it seems Sid, who competed on 'Strictly Come Dancing in 2012, has had a change of heart, as three years ago he insisted he was retired from acting.

He said at the time: ''I hope that you will never see me on your TV screens because I'm done.''

Meanwhile, the handsome star is set to compete on the forthcoming series of 'The Jump' and, although he's looking forward to taking part in the winter sports contest, he can't help but worry about the possibility of getting injured.

He told OK! magazine: ''I probably won't be as competitive as some of the athletes but I'll give it a good go. I'd like to go home without any broken bones, that's my main priority.''

Perdita
26-01-2016, 17:47
Nothing for him to return to though

parkerman
26-01-2016, 18:29
Nothing for him to return to though
They're looking for a street sweeper.

tammyy2j
26-01-2016, 18:48
I'd welcome him back if he brings Liam to get Max out plus if Sam returns for Peggy's dead they could unite

Perdita
26-01-2016, 19:17
I'd welcome him back if he brings Liam to get Max out plus if Sam returns for Peggy's dead they could unite

Yes, but only for the funeral

lizann
20-02-2018, 00:16
some on line buzz of sid returing as rickkkkkkkkkkkkkkay

Perdita
20-02-2018, 05:27
some on line buzz of sid returing as rickkkkkkkkkkkkkkay

Bet Bianca would come back too then ...

Perdita
23-04-2018, 06:03
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/news/a855333/eastenders-patsy-palmer-fans-excited-picture-sid-owen/

Was there ever a more iconic EastEnders couple than Ricky (aka RICKAAY!) and Bianca Butcher/Jackson?

We rooted for them, we hoped they'd work it out when things went bad (which, let's be honest was pretty often) and we were then left heartbroken when they left Albert Square.

Ricky (Sid Owen) and B (Patsy Palmer) might not be on the best of terms much of the time, but it turns out the actors are still great friends away from the set.

Patsy whipped fans into a frenzy this week when she posted a picture of the pair on Instagram, captioning it: "Looking forward to seeing this lunatic next week @sidowen .. friends for 30 years .. long time .."

So could this little catch-up mean the pair might be reuniting on the show at some point soon?

With Ricky and Bianca's daughter Tiffany (Maisie Smith) recently relocated back to the Square, it could give them the perfect opportunity to make an appearance.

Tiffany returned to her old stomping grounds back in January, but has got herself into a fair bit of trouble in the last few weeks, leading up to her sister Whitney questioning whether to send her back to Milton Keynes to live with her mum.

We'll have to wait and see if Ricky and Bianca will turn up to help out with Tiffany. Fingers crossed!

EastEnders continues on Monday (April 23) on BBC One at 8pm.

Perdita
24-01-2022, 13:26
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a38864513/eastenders-sid-owen-first-child-born/

EastEnders star Sid Owen has become a father for the first time, after welcoming a baby with his fianc?e Victoria Shores.

Sid shared the news on Sunday (January 23) that Victoria had given birth to their child, as he posted a photo on Instagram of the couple with their arms around each other in hospital. Victoria is dressed in a hospital gown in the picture, while Sid is wearing PPE as he kisses his fianc?e on the cheek.

"Been a long a day. But, can I say, I love you Victoria. Thank you for our baby," he captioned the photo.

The couple received congratulations from a number of Sid's former EastEnders co-stars, including Patsy Palmer, who played Bianca Jackson, the on-screen long-time partner of Sid's character Ricky Butcher.

She wrote: "Congratulations to you all" on the post, while Robbie Jackson star Dean Gaffney commented: "Congrats brother".

Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia Fowler, wrote: "Congratulations Sid. So happy for you", while former Sam Mitchell actress Danniella Westbrook commented: "Congratulations daddy and well done Victoria" and fellow new parent Louisa Lytton, who plays Ruby Allen, wrote "Congratulations" alongside some heart emojis.

Sid shared the double-whammy news that he and Victoria were engaged and expecting a baby together in September, saying that he was "shocked and over the moon" to find out that he was going to be a dad.

"I never ever dreamt I would have kids. The older you get the more distant that idea seems, you give up hope sometimes, so it is a miracle it has happened," he said at the time.

The couple have not yet revealed their new baby's name or sex, having explained last year that they wanted to keep these details a secret for now.

lizann
13-08-2022, 22:55
on line talk he is returning

Perdita
02-12-2022, 05:29
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a42124228/eastenders-spoilers-ricky-butcher-return-airs/

Ricky Butcher has returned to EastEnders in new scenes.

Veteran cast member Sid Owen kicked off his latest short stint in the BBC One soap in a double bill on Thursday (December 1), as Ricky arrived in Walford to check on sister Janine.

Janine had been spiralling in advance of the Vic's Christmas lights party, as she continued to suspect there was still love between Mick and Linda Carter.

When Sonia revealed she'd seen Mick and Linda in a compromising moment as he brushed the hair away from her face, Janine exploded with anger as she went at Sonia.

"Brushing hair out of your face may count as sex in your barren world, but for those of us who've had sex in the last 20 years," she said before Sonia interrupted: "Mick and Linda are still in love with each other.

"I'm just confirming what you already know."

Janine next intended to confront Mick over what she'd learned, but was stopped short when her brother Ricky made a surprise return to Walford.

Janine concerned her sibling by rambling about her troubles with Mick, leading him to explain that Sonia had called him to come check on Janine because they're both worried about her.

"What is she playing at? It's not like I'm going to do anything stupid," she claimed.

In the middle of everything, Sonia missed a phone call and only later received word that Dot Cotton had died. The Vic's Christmas lights party then shifted into an impromptu tribute as Walford residents toasted to her memory.

Janine was distraught, choosing to hide upstairs rather than join the makeshift memorial. Linda noticed and tried to comfort her romantic rival, but Janine snapped that she knew what Linda was doing.

Janine accused Linda of once again trying to use pity to win Mick back but she refused to let her succeed. After their clash, Janine chose to pull it together and return downstairs to Mick and Ricky in the pub.

Janine joined Mick and the other Walford residents to switch on the Christmas lights while Sonia headed home to start planning a full memorial for Dot.

lizann
01-01-2023, 20:34
off back to germany with or without scarlett?