PDA

View Full Version : American Idol 2009 - 8th Season

tammyy2j
18-01-2009, 20:49
The eighth season of the hit show back with a new fourth judge songwriter Kara DioGuardi

Back on ITV2 and TV3

Abigail
18-01-2009, 20:50
I'm watching :) David Cook was amazing last year.

I was wondering who the new girl was.

Siobhan
19-01-2009, 09:54
I watched some of it.. the guy with the really deep voice was funny

Abbie
19-01-2009, 18:47
Why has simon gone 4th judge crazy?!

CrazyLea
19-01-2009, 19:54
I like how they all said it prononced Karrer, and Simon refused :p Saying it was Kara :p Or something like that. Good old Simey :D.

Abbie
19-01-2009, 19:58
huh? I didnt notcie that :p :lol:

CrazyLea
19-01-2009, 22:16
Hahaha did anyone else?
Sure it was with Kara... it was deffo with someone's name :p. And he refused to say it how they were :p.

RuebenClara
20-01-2009, 00:08
Is it me or is this season very disappointing? All the montage footage is very similar to X Factor. Simon has seen the winning formula in the X Factor and is just translating it to the Americans. Unfortunately for him, American Idol was far more successful in the US than it was here, so he can't launch the X Factor there. Now that Nigel has left, he has more authority and is just taking advantage. I think the show has run its course.

Abbie
20-01-2009, 08:08
Is it me or is this season very disappointing? All the montage footage is very similar to X Factor. Simon has seen the winning formula in the X Factor and is just translating it to the Americans. Unfortunately for him, American Idol was far more successful in the US than it was here, so he can't launch the X Factor there. Now that Nigel has left, he has more authority and is just taking advantage. I think the show has run its course.

But if the americans are still loving it and watching it its still gonna run

Abigail
20-01-2009, 13:01

Last season regularly pulled in over 70million viewers. I think there's a few seasons left yet.

Perdita
13-02-2009, 06:02
A BLIND pianist makes it through to the last 36 in American Idol tonight.
Thrilled Scott Macintyre, 23, is shown getting a unanimous “yes” from judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson.

The panel have to whittle down 54 contestants for the Hollywood round.

Scott was involved in a cringe-worthy scene at the beginning of the eighth series — when host Ryan Seacrest tried to high five him after his audition.

Meanwhile, emotional Tatiana Del Toro is put through — but Simon tells her not to be annoying.

And he is furious when the other judges overrule him to turn down a pretty girl.

Other wannabes have a head-to-head sing-off in the show on ITV2 at 9pm.

Abbie
15-02-2009, 00:44
Ive been watching!!!!

They havent half made it soooo dramatic!! I mean they'll try anything to make it that way

CrazyLea
15-02-2009, 00:47
I hate Tatianna. Sooner she goes the better.

Abbie
15-02-2009, 00:48
I havent heard her sing what is she like

And I still dont get who this new girl is :rotfl:

CrazyLea
15-02-2009, 00:50
I just hate her.

Abbie
15-02-2009, 00:51
Who are we talking about now?

CrazyLea
15-02-2009, 00:53
Tatiana I am talking about.

Abbie
15-02-2009, 00:54
Can she sing?

I only saw it when she was in the room in hollywood week

Abigail
15-02-2009, 23:34
I hate Tatianna. Sooner she goes the better.

Ditto. She's so melodramatic and over the top. Irritating beyond belief.

Funny to watch her though sometimes.

Siobhan
16-02-2009, 09:03
She got through to the last 36.. she is going to be on the live show

Abigail
19-02-2009, 00:01
I really like the blind guy who plays the piano. Hope he gets through (I'm watching last week's episodes)

Abbie
20-02-2009, 21:54
Well Tatiana has gone

Perdita
24-02-2009, 09:26
Anthony Hopkins has revealed that he and his family are big fans of American Idol.

The actor told MTV News that his household regularly watches the show and revealed the identity of his favourite judge.

Hopkins said: "We watch American Idol. We are American Idol addicts.

"Simon [is my favourite] because he's so brutally honest. There's no political correctness with him. He says it as it is."

Of the prospect of Hopkins taking on the role of Cowell in a big-screen adaptation of the show, fellow judge Randy Jackson said: "'Fava beans!' Let's do it.

"I'm not gonna say this, but it's been said that I resemble Will Smith meets Denzel Washington, so..."

:lol:

tammyy2j
02-03-2009, 16:35
American Idol must be hitting a mid-season slump; the media's reporting on a spat of sorts between (who else but) the female judges.

Paula Crazy Horse Abdul went and said: "Kara and I have known each other for years and we get along great. But we tried four judges before and it doesn't work. It takes up so much time for each of us to give our opinion that it slows down the pace of the show" during an interview with OK magazine.

New AI judge Kara DioGuardi responded with: "Paula has a right to her opinions, but I was disappointed by her comments, and hurt that she did not address them to me in person. I am proud of my contributions to the show, and remain excited about the rest of the season."

A bit too excited. I'm still not over herself and Paula alluding to girl-on-girl antics during some of this season's earlier episodes. Remember, with the pawing at each other and the slipping under the desk in tandem? Not becoming behavior for the middle-aged.

Oh, Paula also mentioed in her interview with OK: "It is the last season of my contract, and I have so many other things I want to do". So it looks like Bats McGee might see herself as the, eh, fourth wheel. But Kara probably wasn't informed of that bit.

Abigail
02-03-2009, 21:42
I don't like Kara. She upsets the balance of Paula, Simon and Randy. Hopefully she won't be around next season.

She's had botox :thumbsdow She talks like a fish now, it's irritating.

Perdita
04-03-2009, 12:28
Mother-of-three Lil Rounds impressed the judges in the last American Idol semi-final yesterday evening.

The final group from the Top 36 performed for the panel yesterday in what was their last chance to impress before they are cut to the Top 12. The winning trio will be revealed in a live results show tonight.

23-year-old Rounds was heavily praised by all four judges for her performance of Mary J Blige's 'Be Without You'. Kara DioGuardi described her as a "powerhouse", while Simon Cowell said that she had "great, great prospects" in the singing contest.

Ju'Not Joyner, Felicia Barton, Scott MacIntyre and Jorge Nunez also received warm receptions from the panel. Cowell singled out blind pianist MacIntyre for his performance of 'Mandolin Rain', claiming that he would be "amazed" if he didn't make the next round.

Six finalists have already been selected for the Top 12, and a final three will be picked by the judges on a special 'Wild Card' show on Thursday.

Abigail
04-03-2009, 13:39
I really hope Scott gets through. It's going to be tough competition this year.

Perdita
05-03-2009, 06:16
SIMON Cowell’s ego is getting out of control on American Idol — he’s planning a “Simon Cowell” week as one of the themes.

Like in Britain’s X Factor, contestants take on different themes in the live finals.

Last year wannabes performed for Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and had Disco weeks.

Now Simon plans his own week with contestants singing his favourite tunes.

Tonight will see US hopefuls compete in the third semi-final.

I wonder what his favourite tunes are :hmm:

Abbie
07-03-2009, 15:31
oh my god, could Simon be any more big headed?

Perdita
10-03-2009, 12:56
Carrie Underwood's cover of Motley Crue's 'Home Sweet Home' will be used as the farewell track on this year's American Idol.

The track was especially recorded for the show by the fourth season champion and will be available for download from March 16. It will first appear on Idol this Wednesday, reports People.

Part of the money raised by the track will go towards the animal welfare group The Humane Society of the United States.

"I've always loved this song, and besides being very fitting for Idol, to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," said Underwood.

Previous goodbye songs included Daughtry's 'Home', Ruben Studdard's 'Celebrate Me Home' and Daniel Powter's 'Bad Day'.

Perdita
11-03-2009, 10:13
American Idol producers have been forced to choose a new voting phone number for one contestant after discovering that their first choice linked to an adult chat line.

This year marks the first time that 13 finalists have been selected, but fans have been warned that calling the expected 866-IDOLS-13 number will connect them to a sex line.

Speaking on Idol presenter Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, producer Megan Michaels said: "We have a special number tonight that we will be revealing on the show. It will not be that one.

"We have to be sure that people dial carefully tonight...We will not allude to the fact of [IDOLS-13] because we don't even want to endorse that."

Dialing the number live on air, Seacrest joked that it was as if the show had "tried to script some kind of joke", as he was connected to a female voice offering "nasty talk" for $3.99 a minute.

Addressing Seacrest, Michaels said: "You're going to have to explain it very carefully. We're just going to talk about how it's a special, new Idol number."

Perdita
12-03-2009, 11:55
Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez have became the first contestants to be voted off this year's American Idol.

Murray, 16, did not impress the judges with her performance of 'I'll Be There', while Nunez's 'Never Can Say Goodbye' was also criticised by the panel.

After the evictions, Ryan Seacrest revealed a new twist for season eight, which gives the judges the chance to reverse an eviction if they can agree unanimously. However, they can only use the 'Judge's Save' once in the series and it must be used before the Top 5 week.

Murray and Nunez performed again for the judges, but neither was able to persuade the foursome that the original public decision should be reversed.

Performances on the results show included original Idol champion Kelly Clarkson singing 'My Life Would Suck Without You' and Kanye West doing 'Heartless'.

Abigail
13-03-2009, 12:41
I think I'm in love with Ryan Seacrest. I'll never get over the way he says "This... is American Idol" at the start of the show.

Only saw the first part of the double episode. I'm not a MJ fan so I skipped through quite a few of the performances after a few seconds. Lou was good but predictable. Loved Scott.

Danny Gokey... I think he's overrated. Paula tipping him for the final is just going to boost his ego and make him think he's better than the rest.

I really can't stand Kara. The way she talks is irritating. I'm fast forwarding her critique.

Perdita
13-03-2009, 14:42
Abigail, Ryan Seacrest is MINE, hands off :lol:

Abigail
13-03-2009, 19:16
Scratch what I said about Scott. Adam has knocked my socks off with Black and White. I love him :cheer: He reminds me of David Cook.

Perdita
19-03-2009, 09:13
Alexis Grace has become the latest singer to be voted off American Idol.

The 21-year-old from Memphis, Tennessee received the lowest number of phone votes for her performance of Dolly Parton's 'Jolene', and none of the panel opted use their new veto power to save her.

Simon Cowell said: "It was good, but it wasn't good enough. Sorry. It's the end of the line I'm afraid."

Grace said: "I wish I could've done better. But, you know, things happen for a reason."

The judges had criticised her previous performance of the song, with Kara DioGuardi describing it as "a bit disappointing" and Cowell calling it "a little sound-a-like".

Next week's show will see the final ten contestants performing Motown tracks.

Abigail
19-03-2009, 11:21
All the right people have gone so far. Alexis was boring :thumbsdow

Perdita
19-03-2009, 18:27
Simon Cowell has claimed that Michael Jackson would be "stupid" not to consider appearing on American Idol.

The music mogul has reportedly offered Jackson the opportunity to perform a showcase in a forthcoming episode of the Fox reality show.

Speaking to the Sun, Cowell said: "It's the best platform he can have in America right now. He'd be stupid not to do it."

The first week of this year's contest saw the 13 hopefuls performing selected Jackson tracks, although the 'Thriller' singer was not present to mentor them.

Jackson recently sold out his entire 50-date residency at London's O2 arena, which is expected to run until February 2010.

Abigail
19-03-2009, 21:04
Indeed Simon is right. American Idol regularly pulls 30 million plus viewers each week. Michael would be stupid not to see that AI is the ideal comeback gig.

annette_tr9
20-03-2009, 13:01
did you see adam doing ring of fire!!! :rotfl: he should win....he's brilliant

Abigail
20-03-2009, 13:23
I haven't seen this week's episodes yet. If Adam is as good as last week then he should definitely win.

Lysette
26-03-2009, 14:01
yeaa adam is brill!
i really like kris aswell though (:

Perdita
27-03-2009, 10:06
Michael Sarver has become the latest contestant to be eliminated from the eighth season of American Idol.

The top ten became the top nine after the judges again chose not to use their veto power to save Sarver when he lost the public vote.

The oil-rig worker's performance of 'Ain't Too Proud To Beg' saw him placed in the bottom three.

Judge Simon Cowell said: "I couldn't wait for that to end. You are taking part in this competition and you have no chance of winning based on that vocal."

Fellow panellist Randy Jackson added: "The song was just too big for you and you made it a little too corny cause you were trying to do too much with it."

Following the public vote, the judges conferred and Cowell told Sarver: "Michael, you're going home. Sorry."

Scott MacIntyre finished in the bottom three for his take on The Supremes' 'You Can't Hurry Love', while Matt Giraud was in the bottom two for his performance of Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get It On'.

Perdita
28-03-2009, 12:14
Axed American Idol star Michael Sarver has announced plans to abandon his job in favour of a music career.

The 27-year-old singer worked at a Texas oil rig before auditioning for the talent competition last year.

Sarver was eliminated from the programme this week after his rendition of 'Ain't Too Proud To Beg' failed to impress viewers and the four judges.

However, speaking at a press conference yesterday, Sarver insisted: "I will not be going back to the oil rig. There is something that America does not know about me. I am a serious writer.

"I have written over 890 songs since the age of 14. There is a lot of stories, a lot of life, a hard-lived life and a good-lived life - and I'm going to share it."

He added: "I plan to record, I plan to get my music out there. I believe that because I've made it so far in the competition, it shows me there are people who respect and appreciate what I have, and I'm going to give them even more."

Alexis Grace, who was voted off over a week ago, also recently vowed to pursue a career in music.

Perdita
01-04-2009, 10:22
American Idol winner David Cook has pulled two concerts due to "family matters".

The singer, 26, apologised to fans on his website after cancelling gigs in New Hampshire and Connecticut.

"David would like everyone to rest assured that we are working with the universities to reschedule the shows that are missed," read the message.

A taped appearance from Cook will air on tonight's American Idol results show. He is expected to return to touring on Thursday.

It is believed that Cook withdrew from the shows to spend time with his brother Adam, who has been suffering from brain cancer for over a decade.

The poor soul, living with cancer for over 10 years already :(

Perdita
09-04-2009, 09:26
Scott MacIntyre has become the latest contestant to be voted off the eighth season of American Idol.

MacIntyre was joined by Anoop Desai and Lil Rounds in the bottom three before Rounds and then Desai were sent back to safety.

With the contestants singing songs from the years in which they were born, MacIntyre reprised his performance of Survivor's 'The Search Is Over' in a bid to be the first person to win the judge's "save".

Judge Simon Cowell said: "This is really tough. I really, really like you, Scott. I'm looking over there, and I think there's a bunch of talented singers.

"This decision isn't just based on you. It's whether I think - or we think - someone is more talented over there. This is the problem."

MacIntyre said: "I know I can please you another week, Simon."

After some deliberation, the judges decided not to save MacIntyre, leaving seven finalists to sing it out next week.

I liked him :(

Abigail
09-04-2009, 09:46
I liked Scott. He could have chosen better songs over the weeks though.

Anoop has been in the bottom two at least twice, surely that says something to the judges and the public

Perdita
11-04-2009, 20:29
Axed American Idol star Scott MacIntyre has claimed that the show's judges treated him too harshly.

The 23-year-old singer was eliminated from the competition earlier this week after his performance of Survivor's 'The Search Is Over' failed to impress the panel.

"I think I definitely could have kept going another couple of weeks if the chips had fallen differently, and a lot of it is wrapped up in what the judges say," MacIntyre told Entertainment Weekly.

"I don't agree with all of it - I stand behind my performance on Tuesday, as a side note. If people go back and watch it, I think it's a good, solid performance in the scheme of things."

He added: "I always have to remind myself that it's a TV show. I've followed the show for a number of years and everyone knows you can't listen to the judges all the time. A lot of people do, sometimes to the performers' detriment."

The seven remaining acts are expected to tackle an 'Idol At The Movies' theme when the Fox reality show continues next week.

He chose the wrong songs, he was not judged too harshly. He is a brilliant singer though and should do well, regardless.

Abigail
11-04-2009, 20:33
I agree, he chose songs that aren't well known either side of the pond and it didn't do him any good.

Perdita
16-04-2009, 09:45
The American Idol judges have used their one-off veto power and saved Matt Giraud from elimination.

Giraud had sung Bryan Adams's 'Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman' as the top seven performed songs from movie soundtracks.

He was joined in the bottom three by Anoop Desai and Lil Rounds, with Desai there for the third week in a row.

After the results of the public vote were revealed, judge Simon Cowell said: "We've come to a decision. Matt, it's good news."

As the other finalists joined Giraud in a group embrace, Cowell added: "I wouldn't be so quick to congratulate him."

When the top seven return next week to sing disco numbers, there will be no possibility of the judges saving a contestant, and two finalists will be eliminated from the show.

lizann
16-04-2009, 16:12
Matt Giraud is my fav so far i'm glad he stays :thumbsup:

lizann
30-04-2009, 16:43
American Idol's Top 4 are about to rock.

Legendary Guns N' Roses lead guitarist Slash will guide the crooners through all things rock 'n' roll as the week's celebrity mentor. Slash, who's sold 100 million albums and earned seven Grammy nods for his various projects, is currently working on a solo album and with his current band, Velvet Revolver.

Once the Top 4 have put their spin on some rock classics, No Doubt and Daughtry will grace the stage to keep the fist-pumping energy going on results night. No Doubt is gearing up for a summer tour and putting the finishing touches on an album planned for 2010.

Season 5 Idol contestant Chris Daughtry and his band will perform "No Surprise," the first single from their upcoming sophomore album.

annette_tr9
30-04-2009, 21:58
yeah rock idol!!!! they should have an entire series on it!!!

wonder who will be best this week then....hummmmmmmmmmmmm

chris daughtry should have won that year...

Abigail
30-04-2009, 22:39
Who is in the top four? I haven't been watching.

Perdita
01-05-2009, 06:25
Matt Giraud has become the latest contestant to be eliminated from the eighth season of American Idol.

The 23-year-old pianist from Kalamazoo, Michigan received the fewest public votes after his rendition of 'My Funny Valentine' on Rat Pack week.

He had been joined in the bottom three by Kris Allen and Adam Lambert, who sang 'The Way You Look Tonight' and 'Feeling Good' respectively.

Giraud was previously saved by the judges' veto during the Idol At The Movies week, when he lost the vote for his performance of Bryan Adams's 'Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?'.

Giraud said: "I'll definitely remember being the cat with nine lives. This is definitely not the last time you'll see me."

Judge Kara DioGuardi said: "One of the best things we did this season was save you."

Next week's show will see former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash mentor the last four contestants through rock week.

lizann
01-05-2009, 11:34
Matt Giraud has become the latest contestant to be eliminated from the eighth season of American Idol.

The 23-year-old pianist from Kalamazoo, Michigan received the fewest public votes after his rendition of 'My Funny Valentine' on Rat Pack week.

He had been joined in the bottom three by Kris Allen and Adam Lambert, who sang 'The Way You Look Tonight' and 'Feeling Good' respectively.

Giraud was previously saved by the judges' veto during the Idol At The Movies week, when he lost the vote for his performance of Bryan Adams's 'Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?'.

Giraud said: "I'll definitely remember being the cat with nine lives. This is definitely not the last time you'll see me."

Judge Kara DioGuardi said: "One of the best things we did this season was save you."

Next week's show will see former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash mentor the last four contestants through rock week.

:crying: :thumbsdow

Perdita
04-05-2009, 13:56
American Idol winner David Cook has pulled two concerts due to "family matters".

The singer, 26, apologised to fans on his website after cancelling gigs in New Hampshire and Connecticut.

"David would like everyone to rest assured that we are working with the universities to reschedule the shows that are missed," read the message.

A taped appearance from Cook will air on tonight's American Idol results show. He is expected to return to touring on Thursday.

It is believed that Cook withdrew from the shows to spend time with his brother Adam, who has been suffering from brain cancer for over a decade.

The poor soul, living with cancer for over 10 years already :(

The older brother of American Idol winner David Cook has died of cancer, reports People.

Speaking at yesterday's Race For Hope event in Washington DC to benefit brain cancer research, the singer announced that his 37-year-old sibling had passed away on Saturday.

"I actually lost my brother yesterday to a brain tumour and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else right now," he told the crowd.

Cook had battled the illness throughout his younger brother's time on Idol but had still supported him in the audience during his performances.

In a statement, Idol judge Simon Cowell said: "I was incredibly saddened to hear the news. I met Adam Cook a few times...he was an incredible guy, and right now my thoughts are with David and his family."

Paula Abdul added: "Adam Cook was a part of our extended American Idol family who supported his brother wholeheartedly, even through his own fight. My heart goes out not only to David, but his family as well."

Last month, Cook apologised to fans after cancelling two concerts due to "family matters". His representative later confirmed that he had been spending time with his brother.

tammyy2j
06-05-2009, 13:25
Filming of American Idol was thrown into chaos on Tuesday after a crew member plunged from a staircase onset.

Stage manager Debbie Williams fell from the platform just two hours before cameras were due to start rolling on the live show, hosted by Ryan Seacrest.

Seconds later, a large tower - used as part of the set - toppled over, spraying glass across the stage.

Williams suffered a deep gash in her leg and was taken to hospital for treatment, according to People.com.

Programme-makers at Fox, FreemantleMedia North America, and 19 Entertainment said in a joint statement, "During rehearsal today a crew member had a mishap on set and was immediately taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. We have no further information at this time."

Abigail
07-05-2009, 10:37
Allison Iraheta has become the latest singer to be eliminated from the eighth season of American Idol.

The 17-year-old from California sang Janis Joplin's 'Cry Baby' and won praise from Simon Cowell for her duet with Adam Lambert for 'Slow Ride', but that was not enough to save her from the public vote.

Of their performance of the Foghat song, the judge said: "In the battle of the duets, you win the show tonight."

Cowell added that Kris Allen's take on The Beatles' 'Come Together' was like "eating ice for lunch... because it leaves you nothing to remember afterwards", while Danny Gokey's final note on 'Dream On' by Aerosmith was "like watching a horror movie".

Nevertheless, Iraheta's exit left Lambert, Allen and Gokey to compete in next week's final with Adam Lambert, who impressed with Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love' and his duet with Gokey on 'Renegade' by Styx.

The final will see each of the remaining contestants sing one of their own choices and a song picked by the judges.

Abigail
07-05-2009, 23:23
Paula Abdul has made her debut performance as a singer on American Idol.

The judge took to the stage during last night's live show to sing 'I'm Just Here For The Music', a track premiered during host Ryan Seacrest's radio show earlier this week.

Speaking to TV Guide beforehand, she had admitted that she was initially hesitant about appearing, saying: "I wasn't sure if I was going to do it. Timing was of the essence.

"I put everything together on Saturday and rehearsed on Sunday. It was really good, and I am feeling good about it... There's a lot to see in less than three minutes."

Former Idol contestant Chris Daughtry and Gwen Stefani's band No Doubt were also on hand to perform.

This week's episode saw 64 million votes cast to determine which three contestants would make it to the semi finals.

Nothing like a bit of shameless plugging

tammyy2j
08-05-2009, 12:04
Adam Lambert has to win now

Perdita
13-05-2009, 10:20
Kara DioGuardi has admitted that she is not sure if she’ll be back for another season of American Idol.

The judge has previously said that she was orginally meant to be on the show for only one season.

She told the New York Daily News: "I hope I’m here for another season, but I haven’t been asked yet."

The newest addition to the judging panel added that she has no idea who will win the competition.

"It wouldn’t be fair to the contestants to say who I think will win, because why go in every day? My job wouldn’t be necessary," she said.

Abigail
13-05-2009, 13:06
Oh that's good. I never liked her.

Abigail
16-05-2009, 01:34
Danny Gokey has become the latest contestant to be eliminated from the eighth season of American Idol.

The 29-year-old church music director from Milwaukee, Wisconsin sang Terence Trent D'Arby's 'Dance Little Sister' and Joe Cocker's 'You Are So Beautiful' on this week's show.

Viewers were also given live performances from Katy Perry and Jordin Sparks, who performed 'Waking Up In Vegas' and 'Battlefield' respectively.

Next week's final will be competed by Kris Allen and Adam Lambert, who will each sing three songs on the last show of the series.

Judge Simon Cowell told the contestants: "Look, none of us would have predicted this, guys."

Host Ryan Seacrest claimed that over 88 million votes had been received in the semi-final, with only one million separating Allen and Lambert.

I hope Adam wins. I haven't watched recently but the Black and White performance blew my socks off

Perdita
19-05-2009, 06:28
Britney Spears has reportedly been lined up to make an appearance on the season finale of American Idol.

According to Extra, sources have hinted that the 'If U Seek Amy' star will perform on stage during Wednesday's show, which will see Adam Lambert and Kris Allen competing to be crowned the season eight winner.

Other stars confirmed to perform include Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas and Keith Urban.

Former Idol winner David Cook will also be present, while fourth season victor Carrie Underwood will perform this year's farewell song, a cover of Motley Crue's 'Home Sweet Home'.

Speaking to MTV News, a show spokesperson admitted that further acts would be added to the roster but branded reports that Michael Jackson would be there as "just rumours".

If her performance is like it was on Britain's X Factor last year, it is going to be rubbish. :thumbsdow

tammyy2j
21-05-2009, 10:19
Arkansas student Kris Allen won the eighth season of "American Idol" on Wednesday, dealing an unexpected defeat to singing rival Adam Lambert on the most popular U.S. television show.

Allen, 23, who won over audiences with his all-American good looks and by putting his personal spin on popular tunes, appeared shocked as Lambert, a 27-year-old musical theater actor, embraced him after host Ryan Seacrest's announcement.

"It feels good, but Adam deserves this," Allen said. "I don't even know what to feel right now, this is crazy."

A record high of nearly 100 million votes were cast in the finale. The "Idol" win guarantees Allen a recording contract.

A college student and devout Christian from Arkansas, Allen was the more clean-cut of the two finalists.

He often performed with his acoustic guitar, winning praise for rearranging well-known tunes, among them Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time" and Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine."

As recently as last week, Allen was considered a long shot heading into the battle for the top two "Idol" spots, but he wowed the show's judges with his rendition of Kanye West's "Heartless," ousting early favorite Danny Gokey.

Even hours after winning, Allen appeared stunned.

"I felt shocked almost every week that I made it," he told reporters. "To be the American Idol, I'm completely shocked."

Widely considered the frontrunner since early in the season, Lambert dazzled audiences and the show's celebrity judges with his off-the-charts vocal range and dramatic flair.

With his falsetto singing style, black nail polish and daring wardrobe, Lambert earned the nickname "Glambert." Entertainment Weekly magazine even dubbed him "The most exciting 'American Idol' contestant in years."

Backstage, Lambert appeared unfazed by the loss.

"For me it's not really about what happened tonight, it's about tomorrow," he said.

tammyy2j
21-05-2009, 10:32
Music mogul Simon Cowell's ex-girlfriend has spoken out about her attack at the American Idol finale on Tuesday night.

Terri Seymour had to defend herself from a crazed fan, who attempted to strangle her backstage at the singing contest in Los Angeles.

Janice Thibodeaux was taken into custody by authorities on a felony charge of battery and she is still being held on $52,700 (£35,130) bail.

British TV presenter Seymour refused medical treatment after the incident, but remains baffled as to why she was targeted.

She tells U.S. news show Extra, "It was all very scary... She put me in a headlock and tried to choke me... Nothing like this has ever happened to me before."

Seymour had just finished covering the Idol finale for the TV show when the attack took place outside the Nokia Theatre.

She recalls, "The police were fantastic. They were close by and managed to catch her."

tammyy2j
25-05-2009, 13:27
American Idol finalist Scott MacIntyre is sounding off against the Fox megahit for cutting his planned dueling-pianos performance with fellow contestant Matt Giraud from last week's finale. "Perhaps Tatiana and Bikini Girl were more important after all," he jokes in his MySpace blog post. He reveals that the number -- which would've featured the piano men duking it out on Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It" -- was cut just hours before the live broadcast because Joel couldn't appear with them. "According to some of the producers who witnessed our rehearsal, it was the most exciting and memorable number of the entire Finale show," MacIntyre writes. "Over the last few days I have tried to reason this out every way possible, and it makes no sense to me why one of the most compelling and unique performances of the show would be cut simply because the original artist wasn't present." The 8th-place finisher says he was disappointed not to have truly gotten a memorable moment in the finale, but that producers have promised to make it up to him by having him back to perform next season.

Perdita
28-05-2009, 12:54
Fox has insisted that Kris Allen is "without doubt" the winner of American Idol season eight.

A report in The New York Times claimed that corporate sponsor AT&T helped sway voting for Allen by handing out phones with free text-messaging at parties supporting the singer in Arkansas.

The newspaper alleged that AT&T showed people how to "power text" and cast ten votes at once for their favourite singer, which breaches Idol rules.

In a statement, Fox and producers 19 Entertainment and FremantleMedia rubbished rumours of vote-rigging and favouritism.

"Fox and the producers of American Idol are absolutely certain that the results of this competition are fair, accurate and verified," they said.

"Kris Allen is, without a doubt, the American Idol. We have an independent third-party monitoring procedure in place to ensure the integrity of the voting process.

"In no way did any individuals unfairly influence the outcome of the competition."

Allen was the surprise victor over bookmakers' favourite Adam Lambert in last week's final.

Perdita
07-07-2009, 06:30
Kara DioGuardi has married her fiancé Mike McCuddy in Maine, New England, it has been announced.

A representative for the American Idol judge confirmed the wedding to People earlier today, saying: "They were married at the Prospect Harbor United Methodist Church."

The 38-year-old, who recently admitted to suffering an eating disorder, apparently wore a Vera Wang wedding dress and jewels worth $250,000.

DioGuardi recently admitted that she was not sure if she'll be back for another season of the reality show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/americanidol/a163803/kara-dioguardi-marries-mike-mccuddy.html

Perdita
13-07-2009, 13:38
Ryan Seacrest has negotiated a new three-year contract which is thought to be the richest in reality TV history, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The American Idol host is said to have finalised a deal with CKX, the parent company of Idol producer 19 Entertainment, which will see his current salary tripled to around $15 million per year.

It is understood that the terms of the contract mean Seacrest will be exclusively available to CKX in broadcast primetime to host Idol or any other programmes that might follow it.

Seacrest currently holds a separate cable deal with Comcast and produces a string of shows for E! as well as acting as the network's lead anchor. He is also lined up to produce ABC's upcoming Jamie Oliver series.

Representatives for Seacrest and the Idol producers have declined to comment, although an official announcement is expected later today.

:eek: Nice work if you can get it. Obviously no credit crunch in the USA tv networks.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a164848/ryan-seacrest-signs-new-usd45m-deal.html

Abigail
13-07-2009, 14:18
I like Ryan :)