PDA

View Full Version : National Insurance Number?

Hollie-x
15-01-2009, 11:55
I turned 16 two weeks ago today and I still haven't received my national insurance number. It says on the website that it usually come 3 months before your 16th but can also be like on the day or whatever. A friend of mine has already got hers and her birthday isn't till the 26th of Feb. Just wondering if anybody else got theirs late? I gonna look for the number to ring in a bit and see if they know where it's got to.

Abi
15-01-2009, 11:57
I know some peoples who have come late. Maybe give them a call if it doesn't come in the next week or two, unless you need it straight away.

Luna
15-01-2009, 13:25
I never received my card at all when i turned 15 (which was the age you used to get it at, not sure if it has changed)

Called them up and it turned out the had some conlifting info about me on my account i.e had my sis as my mother and so on so didnt send it out.

After it was all cleared up on the call i received a letter with my NI number on it.

di marco
16-01-2009, 08:56
i think i got mine before my 16th bday but i cant really remember. maybe cos its been xmas itll take a bit longer to get to you than normal? like others have said, leave it a few weeks and then if you still havent got it, phone up and ask about it

Siobhan
16-01-2009, 10:22
We get insurance number over hear when the child is born.. I have them for Charley and Ben and use it for getting into schools and also on their passports

Katy
16-01-2009, 10:54
I never got mine, i had to phone inland revenue and they sent me a letter with my number on.

Sometimes they get sent to the wrong address, or you just somehow get issed of the list, they will have your number which is the important part not the card.

In Ireland, it certainly seems a better system.

Kim
16-01-2009, 16:24
I got mine about 2 months before I turned 16 I think, so it wasn't affected by it being Christmas 2 and a half weeks before my birthday. I remember my mum had to sign something to say they had my details right so that they didn't send out a wrong card or something, so maybe check with your mum that she's remembered to return it.

Abbie
16-01-2009, 17:03
I got mine about 2 months before I turned 16 I think, so it wasn't affected by it being Christmas 2 and a half weeks before my birthday. I remember my mum had to sign something to say they had my details right so that they didn't send out a wrong card or something, so maybe check with your mum that she's remembered to return it.

My mum didnt have to sign anything

di marco
17-01-2009, 09:41

My mum didnt have to sign anything

i dont think my mum did either as far as i know

Hollie-x
17-01-2009, 12:03
thanks guys (:

turns out that they have our old address - even though we moved 3 years ago and child tax credits and whatnot come to this address :S . so i either have to down the job centre with 2 forms of id and theyll trace my number or write to the offices and explain, and theyll send me a new one.

Abbie
17-01-2009, 12:32
Glad you got it sorted :)