PDA

View Full Version : 'Trisha Goddard Show' cancelled by Five

Abigail
11-01-2009, 12:31
The Trisha Goddard Show will not return to Five after its current run finishes.

Five's chair and CEO Dawn Airey claimed that the "present economic climate" was the central reason behind the broadcaster's decision not to renew their contract with production company Town House TV.

"Trisha Goddard has been a tremendous asset to Five's daytime schedule," said Airey. "I want to thank Trisha and the production team for their years of dedication and hard work.

"It is with great sadness and regret that we've come to this conclusion, but in the present economic climate, it feels like the right time to go our separate ways."

She added: "We are currently reviewing all our business practices and contracts and need to focus our resources on the most commercially critical parts of the schedule."

Goddard, who was given the all-clear in November after winning her battle with breast cancer, commented: "I have enjoyed my time at Five but I look forward to exciting new challenges ahead."

StarsOfCCTV
11-01-2009, 13:42
Oh no that leaves only Jeremy Kyle who just brings in a load of chavs and shouts at them.

Abbie
11-01-2009, 15:38
Oh no that leaves only Jeremy Kyle who just brings in a load of chavs and shouts at them.

Noooo :crying:

Chris_2k11
11-01-2009, 19:37
Didn't she used to be really popular years ago

Abbie
11-01-2009, 19:38

yeah i thought she did

has she always been on five?

Chris_2k11
11-01-2009, 19:40

yeah i thought she did

has she always been on five?
nope she used to be on ITV then Jeremy Kyle came along

Abbie
11-01-2009, 19:41
Ahhh right

Stupid Jeremy Kyle, I mean a chav is a chav we dont need every show packed with them

Siobhan
12-01-2009, 10:16
I use to like Trisha.. I watched her in the morning and Jerry in the afternoon when I was at Uni

Debs
12-01-2009, 11:29
id rather watch jeremy kyle! I sit in disbelief at how chavvy the people on there are! i honestly dont know where these people come from!! I mean i see 'chavs' on a regular basis down here but compared to the people on JK show our portsmouth chavs look posh!!

makes me also glad i have a 'normal' family and we arent like that!!!

Perdita
25-01-2009, 14:14
Trisha Goddard has revealed that she is considering relaunching her talkshow on a digital channel following its cancellation on Five.

The TV host will film her final episode for Five in March after the network's chair and CEO Dawn Airey announced that her contract would not be renewed due to the "present economic climate".

Speaking to the Mail On Sunday, Goddard explained: "People turn their noses up at presenters such as Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan going to a channel like UK Living but the age of the superchannel is over and if you can keep a programme and an independent production company going then good for you."

Asked about Five's decision, she replied: "If I were an autocutie I would probably be angry with Five but I'm a businesswoman and I have spent an inordinate amount of time with accountants so I understand it."

Goddard announced that she had been given the all-clear following a battle with breast cancer in November last year.

DaVeyWaVey
25-01-2009, 15:07
id rather watch jeremy kyle! I sit in disbelief at how chavvy the people on there are! i honestly dont know where these people come from!! I mean i see 'chavs' on a regular basis down here but compared to the people on JK show our portsmouth chavs look posh!!

I'd rather watch Jeremy Kyle too :o It fascinates me how they get people to come on the show!

di marco
25-01-2009, 15:50

I'd rather watch Jeremy Kyle too :o It fascinates me how they get people to come on the show!

yeh i dont understand it either, if i was them i really wouldnt want my problems being broadcast on national tv!

Abbie
25-01-2009, 15:57
They probably just want attention

di marco
25-01-2009, 16:01
They probably just want attention

yeh thats probably it, half of the stuff is probably made up so they can get on the show lol!

Abbie
25-01-2009, 16:04
Plus do you have to pay for DNA tests and stuff, cos if thats the case they must go on there for freebies

di marco
25-01-2009, 16:12
Plus do you have to pay for DNA tests and stuff, cos if thats the case they must go on there for freebies

yeh i think you do and theyre quite expensive too i think, could be wrong though

Abigail
25-01-2009, 17:44

I think the production company pay for the DNA and liver function tests. DNa tests cost about £300 each.

Perdita
25-01-2009, 17:56
I would not have thought that most of the people that go on the JK show can afford a DNA test. I am sure that the production company pays.

Abbie
25-01-2009, 17:57
I would not have thought that most of the people that go on the JK show can afford a DNA test. I am sure that the production company pays.

Thats probably one of the main reasons they go on there then

Perdita
25-01-2009, 17:58
I am sure you could be right with that one

Kirsty :]
26-01-2009, 00:30

Oohhh I love my Jezza :wub:

Plus it makes me feel better if I'm having a rubbish day that my life isn't as twisted as some of the people's on there!... and that I have alot more self-respect than to broadcast my dirty laundry to the UK