PDA

View Full Version : X Factor's Minimum Wage

sindydoll
09-01-2009, 21:27
Despite becoming the first British female solo artist to sell over 1 million singles in the UK, Alexandra Burke is only earning £250 a night for live appearances according to the Daily Mail.

Her debut single Hallelujah outsold Leona Lewis' debut and is set to become the best-selling single by a female artist this decade, ousting current record-holder Kylie Minogue who has sold 1.1 million copies of Spinning Around.
Alexandra is currently performing alongside Laura White, Eoghan Quigg, Diana Vickers and Rachel Hylton as part of the X Factor tour. Her co-stars will receive a similar amount but boyband JLS will only earn £100 each per night for their performances.
Tax, a 20% management fee and expenses will also be deducted from their earnings.
Tickets for London's O2 arena start at £28.50 meaning a sold-out performance could earn organisers over half a million pounds.

Abbie
09-01-2009, 22:27
I mean to me thats still a lot of money, but I think what we sometimes think they earn loads when really they dont earn as much as we think they do