PDA

View Full Version : stupid baby names

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 13:51
just had a conversation with Siobhan about the mental ness of Science's name in bb. its inspired me to create a tread for names you definatley would not curse your children with

think all of paula yates kids (heavinly hirrani whatever) and apple is a bit odd too

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:00
I know someone who called her daughter Pocahontus... no joking.

I feel sorry for all of Paula Yates children: Fifi trixbelle, Peach Blossom, Pixie and lily tiger...
David Bowie child is call Zowie...

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:03
I know someone who called her daughter Pocahontus... no joking.

I feel sorry for all of Paula Yates children: Fifi trixbelle, Peach Blossom, Pixie and lily tiger...
David Bowie child is call Zowie...

pochahontus.... too mauch disney me thinks!!! as for zowie bowie!!! maybe he pronounces it like zoey???

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:05
yeah, but his name can be pronunced bo- ee

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:10
celebrities need to put the reality chip back in

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:13
They feel they can do what they want.. Am I the only one who finds the name of Courtney Cox's baby funny.. Coco.. it is a cereal you eat for christsake "Coco Cox"... :rotfl:

I know she probably gave it David's surname but i still find it funny

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:14
i quite like that, i suppose its after coco chanel?

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:17
Maybe but put with Cox is sound funny...

I hate when people, sorry common people like Cilla from Corrie, give there kids popular names.. the 80's was Kylie, nowadays it is Beyonce, Britney, etc... They pronouce them in a really really common accent and it just sounds sad

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:25
coco pops!!!

i could never inflict a name like that on my child, imagine explaining who they were named after, some dodgy popstar, who will have faded by the time they are old enough to understand

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:28
The lastest craze is naming your children after American states.. eventually someone will call their child Idaho...

Another is to call you child after where they were concieved... Skegness seems like a nice name :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:29
imagine calling your child ford or range-rover!!!!

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:31
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lada or Skoda would be worse

Jade
30-05-2005, 14:32
coco pops!!!

i could never inflict a name like that on my child, imagine explaining who they were named after, some dodgy popstar, who will have faded by the time they are old enough to understand

I was named after Mick Jaggers daughter!!!

you hear it in supermarkets britnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy sounds dreadfull.

It seams that alot of traditional names have come back in like George and Harry etc

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:32
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mini!

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:33
I was named after Mick Jaggers daughter!!!

you hear it in supermarkets britnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy sounds dreadfull.

It seams that alot of traditional names have come back in like George and Harry etc

harry is only popular though because of potter, hermionie is a pretty name though

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:37

mini!

still laughing :rotfl: :D

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:45
anymore mad ones?

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 14:51
anymore mad ones?

There was one on America next model.. no idea how it is spelt but it pronounced something like Cha-nau-sha.. like Naueous but with a cha in front of it.. American give their children some very stupid names

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:52
ya ya????

Jade
30-05-2005, 14:53
ya ya????

Though it was a traditional African name

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:55
Though it was a traditional African name

maybe

Jade
30-05-2005, 14:57
i'm reading on of thoes true life magazines that no-one admits to reading but they have a You Called them What section, this weeks it's

Breeze
Bonscott - AC/DC Drummer
Marley Eleven - after Bob Marley and the number of kids he had!!

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 14:58
i'm reading on of thoes true life magazines that no-one admits to reading but they have a You Called them What section, this weeks it's

Breeze
Bonscott - AC/DC Drummer
Marley Eleven - after Bob Marley and the number of kids he had!!

OMG!! they are genius!

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 15:01
Breeze is not so bad...

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 15:02
it would get abuse at high school, especially a british one, (farts, breezy etc)

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 15:06
it would get abuse at high school, especially a british one, (farts, breezy etc)

never thought of that.. I suppose most parents don't... My daughter is called Charley but if I didn't marry she would have been stuck with Brown as a surname... that is what I mean about parents not thinking

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 15:09
never thought of that.. I suppose most parents don't... My daughter is called Charley but if I didn't marry she would have been stuck with Brown as a surname... that is what I mean about parents not thinking

charlie brown was ace though!

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 15:12
but she would not have know that... it is no longer on our screens and her teacher would be the only ones laughing

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 15:13
but she would not have know that... it is no longer on our screens and her teacher would be the only ones laughing

true, charley is a lovely name

Debs
30-05-2005, 15:17
i used to look after a little girl called zephyr

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 15:18
i used to look after a little girl called zephyr

as in the chilli peppers the zephyr song????

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 15:29
very unusual name...

Debs
30-05-2005, 15:42
as in the chilli peppers the zephyr song????

yeah!

SoapWatcher
30-05-2005, 16:38
im sure someone was called coco in one of those old girls magazines, bunty or something like that.

Christina
30-05-2005, 17:53
My mother was going to call me Kim Possible!! (she didn't realise until I pointed out the pun when the cartoon series was running!)

How strange would that have been! And can I just make the point that I was around LONG before that little cartoon character!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
30-05-2005, 19:27
They feel they can do what they want.. Am I the only one who finds the name of Courtney Cox's baby funny.. Coco.. it is a cereal you eat for christsake "Coco Cox"... :rotfl:

:rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: You always make good jokes up!! :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

Behemoth
30-05-2005, 23:51
I reckon that Phoenix is a riduculous name for a baby but I still like it!

di marco
31-05-2005, 06:42
someone i know called their kid maisy, which i think is quite a sweet name for a little kid, but when she gets older i dont think she will like it!

chance
31-05-2005, 09:56
Gillian Anderson called her daughter Piper Maru.
Patricia Arquette called her son Enzo!
Kim Basinger/Alec Baldwin - Ireland
Nicholas Cages has a son called Weston.
Cindy Crawford called her son Presley Walker.
Robert de Niro has a son called Raphael and a daughter called Dreena.
Woody Allen named his son Satchel (Seamus) Moses Amadeus.
Michael J Fox has a daughter named Aquinnah Kathleen, Schuyler Frances.
Richard Gere named his son Homer James Jigme.
Claudia Schiffer named her son Casper (the friendly ghost lol)
Frank Zappa -Dweezil, Ahmet Rodan Moon Unit, Diva

Feel free to choose one for your new babys!

Bad Wolf
31-05-2005, 10:00
Gillian Anderson called her daughter Piper Maru.
Patricia Arquette called her son Enzo!
Kim Basinger/Alec Baldwin - Ireland
Nicholas Cages has a son called Weston.
Cindy Crawford called her son Presley Walker.
Robert de Niro has a son called Raphael and a daughter called Dreena.
Woody Allen named his son Satchel (Seamus) Moses Amadeus.
Michael J Fox has a daughter named Aquinnah Kathleen, Schuyler Frances.
Richard Gere named his son Homer James Jigme.
Claudia Schiffer named her son Casper (the friendly ghost lol)
Frank Zappa -Dweezil, Ahmet Rodan Moon Unit, Diva

Feel free to choose one for your new babys!

oh dear

Siobhan
31-05-2005, 10:45
I know of a Dutch guy who called his son Beltazar and a german couple who love Ireland so much they are going to call there child Dublin, regardless of the sex of the child

Luna
31-05-2005, 11:03

mini!

I was going to get called that Mini McGuigan so glad they changed it at the last minute

Rain_
01-06-2005, 22:02
Parents should think long and hard before naming children. I've heard every weather joke in the world......so i promptly called my son Satan :D

The most common one i get is "Rain? more like a torrential downpour" :(

brenda1971
02-06-2005, 10:34
what about bruce willis daughter rumour (not sure thats how you spell it)

Siobhan
02-06-2005, 10:36
Parents should think long and hard before naming children. I've heard every weather joke in the world......so i promptly called my son Satan :D

My sisters married name is Thunder.. so imagine if she called any of her kids Rain.. that would have been too weird

brenda1971
02-06-2005, 10:44

Is Rain your proper name

stacyefc
02-06-2005, 12:47
my cousinn had a baby yesterday and she called him FRANKIE and she also has a two year old called LENNON i think there quite stupid names.

i also know someone who has 4 kids and there called STEVIE LEIGH, MORGAN, RILEY AND HARLEY.

Siobhan
02-06-2005, 14:17
There was a family of Hurlers (good ole irish sport) called the bonners, 4 boys: colm, colin, connor and cormack.... why would you call your kids with names that sound similar

soapaddict
02-06-2005, 15:08
i know someone who has a wee girl called shakira

im not keen on it

Siobhan
02-06-2005, 15:09

im not keen on it

Since 2001? Shakira was big back then...

stacyefc
02-06-2005, 16:42
i know they do sound really similar

Debs
02-06-2005, 18:12

im not keen on it

i looked after a girl called shakira i love that name! when i was pregnant i wanted kiera if it had been a girl

Trinity
02-06-2005, 18:43
My sister-in-law was going to call her new baby Rupert, thank goodness she changed her mind!!

Rain_
02-06-2005, 20:59
Is Rain your proper name
Yes it is i'm afraid

Siobhan
03-06-2005, 09:27
Yes it is i'm afraid

I like the name Rain... its unusual but not stupid like Science or Pocahontus... My name is only unusual outside Ireland and Uk... at least people can pronounce yours

Luna
03-06-2005, 18:40
My sister-in-law was going to call her new baby Rupert, thank goodness she changed her mind!!

I quite like that name

willow
03-06-2005, 18:43
I like the name Rain... its unusual but not stupid like Science or Pocahontus... My name is only unusual outside Ireland and Uk... at least people can pronounce yours

i have the same problem with my daughter niamh, people look at it and just look at me strangley!!!! niall my son does not have that problem as it sounds like it is spelt!!!

Potato1992
05-06-2005, 10:49
niragemoton

Potato1992
07-06-2005, 17:30
fraframino

di marco
08-06-2005, 19:42
fraframino

niragemoton

are they actual names?

ameliauk1
08-06-2005, 19:56
lol i no someone who was going to call there daughter or son leaf lol seriously!!!!

Siobhan
10-06-2005, 09:56
lol i no someone who was going to call there daughter or son leaf lol seriously!!!!

Leaf is a very popular Nordic name as is Mads and Otto

$sTaCeY$
10-06-2005, 10:34

If my parents didn't marry i would have had brown for a surname but instead i got hood for a surname i don't know which surname is the best, now i get called little red riding hood

kckinsmcg
10-06-2005, 18:29
There was one on America next model.. no idea how it is spelt but it pronounced something like Cha-nau-sha.. like Naueous but with a cha in front of it.. American give their children some very stupid names

Not all American give stupid names. Some do, but that is because some Americans are idiots. It seems that there are a lot of Americans like the yuppie types who use names like Dakota, Madison, Cheyenne as ways of separating themselves from "ordinary" people. Too bad, everyone in the expensive prep schools now have those same name. There are 6-7 Taylors in every classroom. Also McKenzie, Kennedy, Jordan. People are idiots.

Then there are American teenagers who are pregnant at 15 and think that they can give their baby's names like Prada, Gucci, Mercedes, Porsche, because they believe these to be things of value, rather than mythical or calssical names from literature. they have no idea because they have no education. So the next step would be name the baby what you know...they know celebrities and rappers and sports stars, hence the Beyonce, Selena, Mariah.

Next you have the black Americans who name their children phonetically. I once read that they do this as a way to give their child something that is truly unique. Unique is exactly the word. We have DaKwan, LaTrell, Shakaleesha, Ju'Ann, Devarici, and Chon-Toya. Try buying a keychain with that on it at the mall.

But what burns me up more than anything about the name things here in the states is that people spell names how they hear them because they can't be bothered to spell them correctly. If I see one more Mikayla, Keven, or Britney I may scream. So you have people here growing up with names like Stephanie that spell them Stefini. Then they get upset that you spell them incorrectly.

So please remember some Americans are idiots. My daughter is Kacie and it was spelled this way simply because her sister is Kelsie and we intended to name her Gracie, but made a last minute change to keep the K thing going. My name is Charlotte and I always hated it. My sister is Katie, but about 15 years ago she decided to make it Kati -- which would be pronounced Kat-I. Last month she made a voicemail greeting, "this is KT, can't get to the phone." So apparently she has another new identity. Yup some Americans are idiots.

kckinsmcg
10-06-2005, 18:30
If my parents didn't marry i would have had brown for a surname but instead i got hood for a surname i don't know which surname is the best, now i get called little red riding hood

how about this...my last name is Wood. My father suggested my first name be Holly. thank God my mom showed some restraint.

Trinity
10-06-2005, 18:33
I know a Charlette. Her name was supposed to be Charlotte, but her dad was drunk when he registered the birth and misspelt it!

In the same vain I know someone who was born on 23th December, but the father again had problems at the registry office and she has an official DOB of 22nd December. Ther is nowt as queer as folks!

kckinsmcg
10-06-2005, 18:45
the funny part of that is no one ever called me Charlotte. I was named after my grandmother and I had an older brother who of course was told he had a little sister. He called me Cissy from birth and my mother liked it, so I have been called Cissy for 37 years.

ameliauk1
10-06-2005, 19:49
i also no some one who has called there baby gideon is it something to do with the bible because i no they are quite religious.

xxx
amelia

$sTaCeY$
10-06-2005, 21:31
how about this...my last name is Wood. My father suggested my first name be Holly. thank God my mom showed some restraint.

I have a friend who is called ellen wood she dosen't get called names its quite a nice surname better than hood

SarahWakefield
10-06-2005, 21:55
one of my friends has just had a baby and called it teagan ava!

Rach33
10-06-2005, 21:57
My friend called her baby Pandora and cos of my job I've met loads of kids with unusual names the worst was probably Ladybird.

there's Christmas, Ivory, Sapphire, Africa, Happy, Lucky, Infinity, Promise, Love, Fidelity, Burgandy, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Pansy, Honesty, Eternity, Pleasence, Mahogany, Carlyles, Devon, Milan, Turquoise, British, Bunny, Domino, Echo, Lyric, Cloud, Windy, Sunshine, Rainbow, Breeze, Journey, Lace, River, Storm, Gustey, Nature, Ocean, Star and plenty more and these were from a baby name book

di marco
11-06-2005, 07:15
and these were from a baby name book

i know some of the names in them books are seriously weird!

$sTaCeY$
12-06-2005, 09:25
My friend called her baby Pandora and cos of my job I've met loads of kids with unusual names the worst was probably Ladybird.

there's Christmas, Ivory, Sapphire, Africa, Happy, Lucky, Infinity, Promise, Love, Fidelity, Burgandy, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Pansy, Honesty, Eternity, Pleasence, Mahogany, Carlyles, Devon, Milan, Turquoise, British, Bunny, Domino, Echo, Lyric, Cloud, Windy, Sunshine, Rainbow, Breeze, Journey, Lace, River, Storm, Gustey, Nature, Ocean, Star and plenty more and these were from a baby name book

some of them are wierd names

Rain_
12-06-2005, 11:28
my dad used to call me rainbow...it was like his pet name for me...drove me crazy

willow
12-06-2005, 17:56
my dad used to call me rainbow...it was like his pet name for me...drove me crazy

my dad used to and still does call me katy boo!!! even he does not know why!!!

luna_lovegood
14-06-2005, 14:06
I know some funny names that celebrities called their babies.

Sylvester Stallone - Sage Moon Blood
Jason Lee - Pilot Inspektor
Shannyn Sossaman - Audio Science Clayton
Michael Hutchense/Paula Yates - Heveanly Hirani Tigerlilly
Frank Zappa - Moon Unit

What where these people thinking? :hmm: :searchme:

Treacle
14-06-2005, 14:35
Apple

Trinity
14-06-2005, 15:25
My dad called me chicken or chick - and that was 35 years before BB5!

It might be related to the Scottish habit of calling old women Hen?

squillyfer
15-06-2005, 18:20
I know someone who called her twin daughters Arriana and Tallie

hayzie
26-06-2005, 20:56

i think Coco is a nice name actually and Chanel is such a pretty name!

di marco
26-06-2005, 21:02
some of the names people come up with nowadays are just so weird. i used to think my name was strange, but at least its an actual name thats just not that common and not something my parents just decided to make up!

willow
26-06-2005, 21:06
i made up my sons middle name!!!

di marco
26-06-2005, 21:07
i made up my sons middle name!!!

middle names arent as bad though as first names. whats your sons middle name?

willow
26-06-2005, 21:08
omari

di marco
26-06-2005, 21:14
thats a cool name, its not something stupid like most of the celebs come up with! is it based on another name as i think ive heard of a name similar?

willow
26-06-2005, 21:17
there is omar and omri i just fancied something a bit different and it goes with his first name really well. Niall Omari it has a ring to it

di marco
27-06-2005, 08:21
yeh its a really nice name

willow
27-06-2005, 08:23
remember it!! he might be a famous footballer one day!!!

di marco
27-06-2005, 08:24
remember it!! he might be a famous footballer one day!!!

lol! ill remember it. is he a good footballer then?

willow
28-06-2005, 22:56
lol! ill remember it. is he a good footballer then?

he is a little cracker!! he just won most improved player of the year and in the last tournament he played he scored 6 goals and 1 penalty :cheer:

di marco
29-06-2005, 08:14
he is a little cracker!! he just won most improved player of the year and in the last tournament he played he scored 6 goals and 1 penalty :cheer:

well done! :) he sounds like hes well good!

willow
29-06-2005, 08:16
he is as long as he keeps his mind on the game, but he is only 9

di marco
29-06-2005, 08:20
he is as long as he keeps his mind on the game, but he is only 9

good luck to him! :) does he want to be a footballer when hes older then?

willow
29-06-2005, 08:21
yes he wants to be like alan shearer!!!

Luna
29-06-2005, 10:50

I dont think my family know my actual name i've always been Baby Tootz. Eveyone in my family has a Tootz name (well all the girls anyway) We have Mammy Tootz, Grannie Tootz, Giggly Tootz, Curly Tootz, Ginger Tootz and soooooo many more we never use our real names

kat 4 alfie
01-08-2005, 22:24
my dad wanted to call me storm from x-men lol.

Charmed
07-08-2005, 22:56
My Dad used to call me 'Lamb'.It carried on until I was 11!!And it was sooooo embarrassing,because when my friends were round,he'd sometmes forget and call me 'lamb' in front of them!!!I nearly died :searchme:
:love: :lol:

07-08-2005, 23:03
Lmao!!!

kat 4 alfie
08-08-2005, 13:34
My Dad used to call me 'Lamb'.It carried on until I was 11!!And it was sooooo embarrassing,because when my friends were round,he'd sometmes forget and call me 'lamb' in front of them!!!I nearly died :searchme:
:love: :lol: my dad wanted to call me storm from x men ,like permanantly for the rest of my life .

Meh
08-08-2005, 13:47
I dont think my family know my actual name i've always been Baby Tootz. Eveyone in my family has a Tootz name (well all the girls anyway) We have Mammy Tootz, Grannie Tootz, Giggly Tootz, Curly Tootz, Ginger Tootz and soooooo many more we never use our real names

Your family sounds like my kind of people!

Luna
08-08-2005, 14:50
Your family sounds like my kind of people!

i'll swap if you want lol

emma_strange
24-08-2005, 19:20
Ive always hated the name 'Moon-beam' though I know someone who likes it...

emma_strange
24-08-2005, 19:28
Yes it is i'm afraid

I like Rain, it's better than having a boring name like Emma, Emma is just too common, I would love an unusual name :)

Lisa321
30-08-2005, 17:08
Frank Zappa with Moon Unit and also Diva Muffin.
Poor Kids. These arent names!! Who wants their name to be Diva Muffin??
And as for Moon Unit? Didnt the parents think???
And Jonathan Rosses children have ridiculous names too.

luna_lovegood
30-08-2005, 17:19
Frank Zappa with Moon Unit and also Diva Muffin.
Poor Kids. These arent names!! Who wants their name to be Diva Muffin??
And as for Moon Unit? Didnt the parents think???
And Jonathan Rosses children have ridiculous names too.

Diva Muffin! :rotfl:

Jamie Oilvers sprog is called Daisy Boo.

Diezel and Denim, sons of Toni Braxton and Keri Lewis

Speck Wildhorse and Hud, sons of John Mellencamp and Elaine Irwin

Tu Morrow, daughter of Rob Morrow and Debbon Ayre

I think Sean's Penns son is called Hopper :lol:

emma_strange
30-08-2005, 17:28
Daisy Boo is cute, maybe not when she gets older though...

kat 4 alfie
30-08-2005, 18:14
lol yeah i know . my dogs nickname is jacky boo . sad i know :)

30-08-2005, 18:22
I think these names may be cute when they are all young but not when they grow up.. I don't think parents think like that!!

Lisa321
01-09-2005, 14:50
Diva Muffin! :rotfl:

Jamie Oilvers sprog is called Daisy Boo.

Diezel and Denim, sons of Toni Braxton and Keri Lewis

Speck Wildhorse and Hud, sons of John Mellencamp and Elaine Irwin

Tu Morrow, daughter of Rob Morrow and Debbon Ayre

I think Sean's Penns son is called Hopper :lol:

Jamie & Jools Oliver also have a daughter called Poppy Honey

Is this a joke.. Rob Morrow and Debbon Ayre has a daughter called Tu, so it would be Tu Morrow.. Tomorrow!

Poor Kid.

RealityGap
02-09-2005, 14:36
there are some really bad names for kids out there

Apple is still the worst for me!!

SarahWakefield
02-09-2005, 21:44
Could You Imagine Been Called Teresa Green (Trees Are Green) Or Ben Dover, Or Annette Curtain. Lol

chance
02-09-2005, 23:05
my mate had her baby over 6 weeks ago now,she had to get him registered yesterday and still hadnt decided on his name while on the way there! for six weeks he had been nameless!
shes eventually named him klayden levi!
she kept asking me which o preferred but what can you say? we all have our own taste obviously but god those are really grose i think.levis a dogs name so thanks heaven she didnt name that as his first name.

Luna
02-09-2005, 23:07
On supernanny the other night there was a baby called deziel

kat 4 alfie
03-09-2005, 17:57
i know , what a freak of a mother ! why would you call your son after a fuel ?

chance
04-09-2005, 11:30
or a pair of jeans (levi)

kat 4 alfie
04-09-2005, 18:29
i know some one who is chavy and has names her baby girl mkensie(dont think i have spelt it right though) and puts her in the clothes to match !

xxloopylauraxx
04-09-2005, 18:34
imagine calling your child ford or range-rover!!!!
no word of a lie a girl went ot my scool & she was a few years younger then me & her name is mercades ford ! :rotfl: isnt that classed as child abuse? lol

Luna
04-09-2005, 18:35
or a pair of jeans (levi)

That was the baby deziel's middle name lol

Jojo
05-09-2005, 10:08
i know some one who is chavy and has names her baby girl mkensie(dont think i have spelt it right though) and puts her in the clothes to match !I have to admit though - I quite like the name Mackenzie ever since I watched JAG on FX..

xXxJessxXx
05-09-2005, 10:17
no word of a lie a girl went ot my scool & she was a few years younger then me & her name is mercades ford ! :rotfl: isnt that classed as child abuse? lol

i know creul isnt it. when my mum was younger her next door nieghbour was obsessed with cars! he called all his kids after them, one was called mercades and i forget the others but they were all car names!, How evil is that!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 10:54
when my son was in special care there was a little girl called Demi-leigh Diamond - we thought is sounded like a porn star!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 10:54
Or a friends son goes to school with Barnaby Wilde (born to be wild?)

kat 4 alfie
05-09-2005, 11:01
I have to admit though - I quite like the name Mackenzie ever since I watched JAG on FX..yeah the names quite nice its just having matching clothes that puts me off !

Jojo
05-09-2005, 11:18
yeah the names quite nice its just having matching clothes that puts me off !Yep that definitely doesnt work!! lol

willow
05-09-2005, 21:03
when niall was a baby i used to match his clothes to the pushchair!!!
i had different coloured inserts for the pushchair to make sure it all matched!!!

i am not as bad with niamh!!! but her hair bands must match what she is wearing!!!

kat 4 alfie
06-09-2005, 19:01
i need everything to match like in my room or my clothes . but mathing names with clothes just doesnt do it for me !

CrazyLea
06-09-2005, 20:16
when my son was in special care there was a little girl called Demi-leigh Diamond - we thought is sounded like a porn star!

it does rather :p but i think the name demi-leigh is a really pretty name though

xXxJessxXx
07-09-2005, 21:09
i think the name demi-leigh is a really pretty name though

So do i. I think Demi-Leigh is really sweet and pretty for a little girl. its got a certain ring to it...

xXxJessxXx
07-09-2005, 21:11
i am not as bad with niamh!!! but her hair bands must match what she is wearing!!!

Of course! a child should always match little thing like that. i think its cute. but like you not sure on matching names with clothes. lol

willow
07-09-2005, 21:48
Of course! a child should always match little thing like that. i think its cute. but like you not sure on matching names with clothes. lol

try and tell my other half that!! he thinks i am mental!!!
he tried to dress her the other day in trakkies and sandals!!! and wondered why i went mad!!

xXxJessxXx
07-09-2005, 21:50
try and tell my other half that!! he thinks i am mental!!!
he tried to dress her the other day in trakkies and sandals!!! and wondered why i went mad!!

:lol: lol, even little kids have to have style like we would! lol if i ever have kids i dont think i could let my partner dress my kid, god knows what they'll look like! a lot of men dont understand fashion/styles and matching colours with certain colours only!

willow
07-09-2005, 21:52
its so weird he can go shopping and get clothes for mre that fit perfect and look great! but he can't dress the kids!!! naimh never matches and niall always has trousers on that are just too short!!! aaaggghhh i hate ankle swingers!!!

xXxJessxXx
07-09-2005, 21:57
its so weird he can go shopping and get clothes for mre that fit perfect and look great! but he can't dress the kids!!! naimh never matches and niall always has trousers on that are just too short!!! aaaggghhh i hate ankle swingers!!!

lol when i think back to how my dad dressed me and my brother and sisters. lol dunno how my mum let us out the house! My dad cant even shop for him self. he always come's home with the wrong size. everythign far too big and baggy! lol and nothign matches. i'm forever telling him but he just doesnt seem to understand. lol :thumbsdow

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 10:19
I always hunt out the kids clothes otherwise hubby always mismatches them - BUT I am just glad he will dress them and who cares if their clothes don't match as long as they are warm and happy :) (well I do but you know what I mean!)

willow
09-09-2005, 20:47
lol when i think back to how my dad dressed me and my brother and sisters. lol dunno how my mum let us out the house! My dad cant even shop for him self. he always come's home with the wrong size. everythign far too big and baggy! lol and nothign matches. i'm forever telling him but he just doesnt seem to understand. lol :thumbsdow

my dad bought me a coat when i was 12 i am now 28 and it still does not fit me!!!

squillyfer
09-09-2005, 21:05
Back to the names thing theres a kid in my sisters class called denim

xXxJessxXx
09-09-2005, 21:08
Back to the names thing theres a kid in my sisters class called denim

Nice.... :rolleyes: whats middle name Jean. lol i dont like that name... Denim. little funny dont cha think.

willow
09-09-2005, 21:10
he he !!!!

i do feel sorry for some kids...it may sound cute when they are babies but they have to live with it

xXxJessxXx
09-09-2005, 21:33
he he !!!!

i do feel sorry for some kids...it may sound cute when they are babies but they have to live with it

yeah i know. when i look at old people liek wiht names like edna... Violot... May... Maureen... dot pauline (like in EE) etc i think its ok for an old women but imagine when they were kids. i kow they grew up years ago and it was probably popular then but i cant think of a little baby with such an old name. and if you cal a little girl or boy a cute name like, say Tyler... Kelly... Aimee... chloe... Josh...i couldnt imagine and older person wiht a name like that. i dunno why. but i guess times change and as you grow up so does your name. but the time i'm old all the names around me will be too and all the bbaies will have hip new cool names. lol. (If ya get me)

willow
09-09-2005, 21:45
i have got a really boring name-katy jayne
my kids are niall omari (i now realise that was a little bit silly!)
niamh georgia vivien
i hope they will not hate me too much when they are older!!!!!

xXxJessxXx
09-09-2005, 21:55
i have got a really boring name-katy jayne
my kids are niall omari (i now realise that was a little bit silly!)
niamh georgia vivien
i hope they will not hate me too much when they are older!!!!!

They are sweet. i like unusual names. they are so much prettier than porpular names. lol.

willow
09-09-2005, 21:57
it makes it a lot easier to name uniform too!!! i just write niall in it!!! as he is the only one!!! and when i phone the school too!!! i am nialls mum and they know who i am!!

Penguin8191
13-09-2005, 17:36
i love the name teegan for a wee girl! i didnt think it was 2 weird but ma mate told me it was horrendous wat u guys think? :heart:

xXxJessxXx
13-09-2005, 18:04
it makes it a lot easier to name uniform too!!! i just write niall in it!!! as he is the only one!!! and when i phone the school too!!! i am nialls mum and they know who i am!!

lol yeah thats a point, no problem with them coming home with the wrong lunch box.. jumper... shirt etc. lol

xXxJessxXx
13-09-2005, 18:05
i love the name teegan for a wee girl! i didnt think it was 2 weird but ma mate told me it was horrendous wat u guys think? :heart:

i think its an ok name. not my favourite if i have to be completly honest. it is a litte weird actually but its different,

emma_strange
15-09-2005, 19:57

I do like it, ut the only person I've known called that was a complete charv so whe i think Teegan i think charv, but only for that reaosn. it is a nice name though