PDA

View Full Version : Babs Windsor leads in Paul O'Grady panto

Perdita
15-12-2008, 12:07
EASTENDERS legend Barbara Windsor will lead a star-studded cast in Paul O’Grady’s telly panto this year, The Sun can reveal.
Strictly Come Dancing judges Bruno Tonioli, 53, and Craig Revel Horwood, 43, as well as WAG Abbey Clancy, 22, will also join Pinocchio.

Lily Savage star Paul, 53, will play the title role in the special to air this week. An insider told TV Biz: “Paul’s annual panto has become something of a daytime TV tradition.

“This year he had stars biting his hand off to be in it — even people who are doing panto themselves. Producers got a little worried when he told them all the people he wanted in it — but fortunately no one has any major lines to learn.”

The performers also include veteran presenter Terry Wogan, 70, comic Harry Hill, 44, Kumars At No42 star Sanjeev Bhaskar, 43, and The Royle Family’s Nana, Liz Smith, 87.

Former Atomic Kitten Natasha Hamilton, 26, comedian Jo Brand, 51, actress Pam Ferris, 60, ex-Corrie star Suranne Jones, 29, and actor Will Mellor, 32, will also take part.

Our source added: “It will be the usual chaos, so don’t expect it to be an exact retelling of the story of Pinocchio.”

Last year Paul put on Cinderella and played an ugly sister. The cast also included Joan Collins, 75, and Cilla Black, 65.

The panto airs on Wednesday on Channel 4 at 5pm.

Surprised the BBC let her go across the big TV divide :lol:

alan45
15-12-2008, 14:56
Barbara Windsor and STAR STUDDED in the same sentence. I dont think so. Still Panto is about all she is capable of. It will stretch her pitiful acting skills to their limit.:sick:

Perdita
15-12-2008, 15:05
But will you be watching? :)

Abigail
15-12-2008, 15:08
I highly doubt it Perdita :lol:

Perdita
15-12-2008, 15:13
That is the feeling I get too, but you never know :ninja: :lol:

alan45
16-12-2008, 10:27
I think she would make a great back end for a pantomime horse. I suppose if she was in it it would have to be a pantomime Shetland Pony.:cheer:

Perdita
16-12-2008, 10:42
You are incorrigible :lol:

Chloe O'brien
16-12-2008, 12:09
I think she would make a great back end for a pantomime horse. I suppose if she was in it it would have to be a pantomime Shetland Pony.:cheer:

See I was thinking of that, I'm just not sure how they would write a pantomine horse of cow into Pinnocchio.

Perdita
16-12-2008, 12:29
It is panto, anything is possible lol. Pinnocchio could have riding lessons

alan45
18-12-2008, 11:50
Pity it wasnt Cinderella then she could play BOTH the ugly sisters. Still Pinocchio was a wooden character just like Peggy Mitchell so no change there then:lol: :rotfl: