PDA

View Full Version : Buckley To Beat X Factor Winner To Christmas Number 1?

Bryan
13-12-2008, 11:38
A campaign has been launched to get Jeff Buckley to the top of the Christmas chart ahead of the winner of this year's X Factor.

Contestants Eoghan Quigg, Alexandra Burke or JLS will release a cover of Leonard Cohen song 'Hallelujah', but Buckley fans are drumming up support for his 1994 interpretation.

A Facebook group has been launched urging fans to help the Buckley track, which is currently at number 43 in the charts, reach number one by purchasing it online.

The group's description reads: "This is not a group intended to make cruel or derogatry remarks about any participants in this year's X Factor.

"But if you love Buckley's version, let's make sure everyone forgets the pale imitation as quickly as possible."

Buckley drowned in a tributary of the Mississippi River in 1996.

To be honest, if Eoughan wins it then I don't want him to get the christmas number 1. Alexandra definatley deserves number 1 if she wins, I can imagine her version of Hallelujah will be outstanding.

Bad Wolf
13-12-2008, 13:03
im for this!!!

xmas used to be a huge competition to see who could get to number one! now its boring, every year its the sodding x factor!!!

remember the good old days when there was a huge battle between mr blobby and the mighty take that??????

CrazyLea
13-12-2008, 16:10
I love this song, and like Bry said think Alexandra's version would be amazing. However, I'm all for boycotting the X Factor winner. It's soooo predictable these days! So gonna download Jeff!

Bryan
13-12-2008, 18:25
to be honest if the x factor winner deserves it (leona, alexandra) then fair enough, they should get the number 1. And Alexandra will get it this year and will deserve it 100% for all the effort she's put into her performances these past 10 weeks.

But then again Steve, Shayne and Leon didn't really deserve number 1, who on earth brought their singles!?

It's not fun having a guaranteed winner, but then again most songs that come out at christmas are total pap like that Peter Kay Geradline rubbish. It's silly.

I'm in two minds what to say but Alexandra Burke for Christmas No 1 this year definatley! :D :cheer:

Trinity
14-12-2008, 20:57
Alexandra is a worthy winner.

I remember seeing Jeff Buckley in the Queens Hall in Edinburgh in the late 80s/early 90s/ He made that song his own (it was originally done - I think- by Leonard Cohen?)

People shouldn't buy music because it is the winners song - they should buy it because it is good and they like it.

Alex music is good.

Chloe O'brien
14-12-2008, 23:21
Alexandra was the best performer of the night but I couldn't enjoy listening to this as always think of Shrek when I hear it.

Katy
15-12-2008, 09:03
I'm with you Kath, it always reminds me of Shrek, kind of can't take it seriously then.

Perdita
15-12-2008, 10:37
Shrek? :confused: Is the song on the soundtrack? I don't remember :(

Siobhan
15-12-2008, 10:40
Shrek? :confused: Is the song on the soundtrack? I don't remember :(

Yeah.. in Shrek 1.. at the very end when Fiona is getting ready to marry the lord.. she is getting her dress ready etc..

YouTube - Shrek - Hallelujah