PDA

View Full Version : James Bulger: A Mother's Story

DaVeyWaVey
10-12-2008, 21:31
This is on tomorrow night as part of ITV's real crime series. Anyone going to be watching it?

I am particularly interested in this case, as I remember my mum telling me about it. I was the same age as James when this tragedy happened, and my mum was saying how parents were keeping their children close to them because of what had happened.

I have heard about this case in Media too.. so I've heard a lot about it and it seems to be a very controversial case, with many people having differing opinions..

I think it will be very interesting to watch...sounds horrific though, so I'm sure it's going to be a sad hour of factual television.

sindydoll
10-12-2008, 21:34
i remember it too it was dreadful

Pinkbanana
10-12-2008, 22:44
I might watch it...depends, if they start going into any detail about the horrific torture poor little James received at the hands of those two vile boys, I will be switching over straight away!!!

Perdita
11-12-2008, 04:07
I shall not be watching it as I remember the case only too well and still get extremely upset when I get reminded of it. My heart goes out to Denise, her ex-husband and their family to have lost a little, defenceless boy in a most cruel manner. :crying:

Siobhan
11-12-2008, 09:39
I might switch on.. I remember when this happened and just recently I was reading that some of the things that was "claimed" to have been done to James was never done.. it was media hype but what happen to that little boy in the hands of also 2 other little boys was horrible beyond belief... shame on them and RIP James

Chloe O'brien
11-12-2008, 11:47
When this horrific crime was comitted my nephew was in care, he was friendly with a young lad who was in the home for joy riding. The lad got moved to a secrue unit in Aberdeen but this lad kept in touch with my nephew and the two boys who murdered Jamie were held in the unit while awaiting trial. Then when they were released they were given new identites and a new life in Austrailia.

sindydoll
11-12-2008, 12:19
I shall not be watching it as I remember the case only too well and still get extremely upset when I get reminded of it. My heart goes out to Denise, her ex-husband and their family to have lost a little, defenceless boy in a most cruel manner. :crying:they ended up slitting up in the end didnt they.....shame

Katy
11-12-2008, 12:29
I think i may watch, as it is a topic, well youth crime is one i am particulary interestied in and am thinking of doing it as my dissertation. SHould be interesting to see the mothers story.

Perdita
11-12-2008, 12:53
I shall not be watching it as I remember the case only too well and still get extremely upset when I get reminded of it. My heart goes out to Denise, her ex-husband and their family to have lost a little, defenceless boy in a most cruel manner. :crying:they ended up slitting up in the end didnt they.....shame

Yes, sadly the strain of this was too much in the end. It was the same with Sarah Payne, her parents split up after a couple of years. :(

Siobhan
11-12-2008, 12:57

Most couples who have lost a child either via murder or accident, end up splitting up.. it happen with a couple who lost kids in the hillsborough disaster... one parent always blames themselves

Jojo
12-12-2008, 22:35
I saw the last 5 mins and cried just seeing little Jamie's picture on the screen.

The two lads were supposedly held down this way for a short time, but for me, for them to have received new identities and a new life in OZ, whilst the Bulger family still cope on a day to day basis, knowing that their precious son lost his life to these cruel boys - totally unfair and disgusting.

Chloe O'brien
12-12-2008, 22:43
How on earth were those boys not tried for murder and sentenced accordingly is beyond me. Watching the documentry last night and hearing that they were planning to steal another child and push the poor them under a bus was just pure evil, they should have never been given new identies or new lives on the other side of the world, they should still be rotting away in a 5 by 4 room with a bucket to wee in.

DaVeyWaVey
12-12-2008, 22:45
It was a horrific documentary... it had me in floods of tears.. I had to switch it off in the end.. it was too much. I just have to applaud the mother on her strength - if that happened to any member of my family, I wouldn't be able to live.

As for the two boys having new identities, bloody DISGUSTING.

Chloe O'brien
12-12-2008, 22:57
When my nephew got the letter from his mate Stanley who was in the secrue unit in Aberdeen when Thompson and Venables were being held. My sister made him burn the letter as she knew that there would be thousands of people willing to pay loads of money to know were they were being held. The agreement of new identities for them and their families had been arranged before they were even sentenced.

Perdita
13-12-2008, 06:29
How on earth were those boys not tried for murder and sentenced accordingly is beyond me. Watching the documentry last night and hearing that they were planning to steal another child and push the poor them under a bus was just pure evil, they should have never been given new identies or new lives on the other side of the world, they should still be rotting away in a 5 by 4 room with a bucket to wee in.

They did not get tried and sentenced for murder because they were only 10 years old when they did it, they were children in the eyes of the law. I just wonder what makes a couple of children take a random toddler and do these things to him? Still can't get my head around it.

Katy
13-12-2008, 09:26
I didnt see it.

I think they should have been tried harder but at the time it happened, the age of responsability, the age the law regards you as knowing right from wrong was higher i think, 12 and it was this that had it lowered.

I watched something on them in law at A Level and it actually had the tape recordings from the interviews with Thompson and Venables, they sounded like normal kids, it was scary how not long ago before they were capable of the awful act the had just committed.