PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Foster To Return

lizann
08-12-2008, 12:17
Emmerdale actor Richard Grieve is to reprise his role as lovelorn Jonny Foster at the beginning of next year.

The 38-year-old Australian actor, who was axed by producer Anita Turner in April, will make his comeback as the gay Yorkshire character at the same time as Allo Allo actress Vicki Michelle, who plays his on-screen mother Patricia.

Patricia returns to the village in an attempt to reunite her son and his husband Paul Lambert (Mathew Bose). Both Patricia and Jonny find themselves in a head-to-head battle with Paul's mother Vale (Charlie Hardwick), who pulls out all the stops in an attempt to prevent her son from leaving the village.

Grieve said of his return: "There is definitely unfinished business between Jonny and Paul and so it will be interesting to see if they have a future together. I thoroughly enjoyed playing Jonny and couldn't resist this opportunity."

Vicki Michelle added: "It's fabulous to be back. I'm really excited as Emmerdale is such a fantastic show. Patricia is returning for a great storyline and I'm really looking forward to her going head to head with Val again!"

Series producer Anita Turner commented: "Paul and Jonny's love story really resonated with viewers and we felt compelled to re-explore it one last time. I'm delighted that Richard and Vicki will be returning for this storyline."

Back in March, Jonny and Paul tied the knot in Emmerdale's first gay wedding.

However, their happiness turned sour when Jonny caught Paul kissing his ex Grayson Sinclair (Chris Villiers), prompting Jonny to flee his marriage and the village.

In September, Mathew Bose announced his decision to quit the show on the same day as Michael Jayston, who played the now-dead Donald de Souza.

This month marks the screen departures of regular characters Jo Stiles (Roxanne Pallett) and Matthew King (Matt Healy).

Perdita
08-12-2008, 17:45
So are they staying or will it be a brief appearance by Johnny and then him and Paul will leave into the sunset together?

tammyy2j
10-12-2008, 12:05
THE Dale’s favourite gay couple will be reunited next month.

Unlucky-in-love Paul Lambert (Mathew Bose, 35) tied the knot with partner Jonny Foster (Richard Grieve, 38) in a lavish ceremony. But Jonny fled Emmerdale after catching Paul kissing his ex Grayson (Chris Villiers 47).

Now the couple will be reunited, thanks to Jonny’s mum Patricia, played by Allo Allo star Vicki Michelle, 57.

Richard explained: “There is definitely unfinished business between Jonny and Paul. So it will be interesting to see
if they have a future together.”