PDA

View Full Version : 'Enders star Kazinsky plots career move

Perdita
03-12-2008, 06:04
Rob Kazinsky has decided to pursue a career behind the camera after completing work on EastEnders.

The actor filmed his final scenes for the BBC One soap three weeks ago after playing Sean Slater for more than two years.

Asked about his future plans at a press event today, Kazinsky replied: "I am looking at producing, writing and directing. I think I would like to go behind the camera for a bit. It is always hard when you leave such a high profile show."

Kazinsky also revealed that he has given up cigarettes since being away from fellow smoker Rita Simons, who plays Roxy on the programme.

"It's only been three weeks but I'm doing well," he explained. "I could never give up at work because Rita smokes like a chimney and was always dragging me outside for a fag."

Did he not plan of the big movie career in America?

Chloe O'brien
04-12-2008, 12:19
This is him saying that he doesn't have a clue what he's going to do as he has no work lined up.

Abbie
04-12-2008, 17:17
Aww I dont want him to leave but he has :(

It would be interesting to see him play a different kind of character

Perdita
09-12-2008, 16:11
HUNK Rob Kazinsky will swap Walford for the silver screen after landing a movie role.

The actor, who plays Sean Slater, only filmed his final scenes last month.

But he has already been lined up to star in a new Brit flick after he called on his alter ego’s fiery nature to help land him the part.

Rob, 25, told the Daily Star he got the part after arguing with the producer.

He laughed: “I had a meeting with a very important person and ended up rowing with him about the state of the British film industry.

“I think it is shameful that we have extremely talented actors in this country and they are not hitting the big time because the industry over here is so poor.

“Why should we have to crack America to have a career in the top flight? It’s ridiculous.”

Rob is also set on carving out a career behind the camera and has written a script for his pal, Prince Caspian star Ben Barnes, 27.

Rob said: “He’s the perfect leading man. Although I think he would be too expensive now!”

Good luck to him

Perdita
27-01-2009, 06:25
EX-soap hunk Rob Kazinsky is looking to racy American comedy Sex And The City for writing inspiration.

The 25-year-old actor, who played Sean Slater in the BBC One soap which he left earlier this month, said he was concentrating on his writing career and taking notes from the hit show which stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis.

And Rob, who won best actor and sexiest male at last year's Inside Soap Awards, admitted that his talents lie more in writing than in acting - but that acting pays better.

Rob told a local paper: "I'm currently writing a TV series. I think it's going to be good - it's inspired by shows like Sex And The City.

"I'm a better writer than an actor. But acting helps to pay the bills and you have to be realistic."

That remains to be seen

Perdita
14-10-2009, 05:57
ROBERT Kanzinsky has declared that it's "almost impossible" to get acting work in the UK.
The ex EastEnders star - who left the soap as bad boy Sean Slater last Christmas - says the only jobs he's got since quitting Albert Square have been abroad.

He told TV Biz: "I've only been offered reality and celebrity based TV here and that's not what I'm interested in doing.

"I think it's the market at the moment. There doesn't seem to be any work around.

"None of my actor friends are working, it's almost impossible. The work I've been doing has been more in other countries."

After his exit from Walford, the 25-year-old - currently promoting Radox's Be-Selfish campaign - filmed a small part for George Lucas' war film Red Tails and has secured a role in upcoming Irish TV drama Love.

Meanwhile, Rob says he'd never rule out a return to EastEnders and insisted Sean's exit, which saw him sneak out of a frozen lake in an eerie manner, didn't mean he was a ghost.

He laughed: "When did EastEnders become surrealist? I don't know why people thought Sean was a ghost!

"He was there, Roxy saw him and he wondered off. He's still out there, he hasn't died but he's probably in a mental home sometime.

"Maybe one day he'll come back with someone else playing him. I'd never say never to returning but at this point in time I can't see it happening because I've got so much on. But who knows what will happen in the future?"

The Radox Be-Selfish campaign encourages women to spend the extra hour the clocks going back brings later this month on themselves.

For the campaign Rob strips off and gets into a bath.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2680872/Rob-Kazinsky-Lifes-tough-after-Enders.html#ixzz0TsoBfjI7

Perdita
04-07-2013, 14:34
Former EastEnders star Rob Kazinsky has revealed that he has ideas for how his character Sean Slater could return to Walford.

The actor played Sean for just over two years from 2008, and has since found success in the US by joining the cast of True Blood.

Appearing on ITV's Daybreak this morning (July 4), Kazinsky reflected on his time at EastEnders and refused to rule out a shock return.

The 29-year-old commented: "I still go back and see all the guys. I've always said that I would never be against the idea, and I even came up with a way!

"There's been a few occasions where I've been asked to consider going back, but I left to achieve other things and do other stuff. It wasn't an easy transition. I was unemployed for two years afterwards, begging for work and I couldn't get a job.

"Now I'm finding, actually doing other things, I do miss Sean a great deal and I have come up with ways that he could come back, even for one episode. Never say never."

Kazinsky's last appearance on EastEnders aired in January 2009.

Perdita
12-07-2013, 19:14
Former EastEnders star Rob Kazinsky has again expressed a desire to return to the soap in the future, suggesting that Sean Slater's story feels unfinished.

The actor made his final appearance as Sean in January 2009 and has since found success in the US by joining the cast of True Blood.

However, speaking to Jon Hornbuckle for Digital Spy, Kazinsky admitted that he was never satisfied with how things were left for Sean.

Kazinsky explained: "I quit EastEnders after a short amount of time and eventually I left, but I was never happy with how the character finished and I've always felt like that we could've done more, but c'est la vie."

He added: "I'd never say never to a return. I don't feel that Sean's character was ever finished off properly. I've always wanted to kind of finish that story - it feels like an open chapter in my life, so when the time is right then the time will be right."

Having made the move from EastEnders to Hollywood, the 29-year-old claimed that other soap actors deserve more credit.

He said: "We get told a lot that we aren't actors and that we are not up to the quality, but the truth is that I've worked on a lot of movies and worked with a lot of actors now, and the best I've ever worked with are still on EastEnders.

"I'm in touch with most people from EastEnders - if ever any of them come to LA, then I'm always putting people up. I speak to almost everyone, funnily enough it's more people than I thought it would be."

Dazzle
12-07-2013, 19:31
Rob Kazinsky sounds like a nice guy and I'm glad he's found success in Hollywood. It's nice to hear someone standing up for soap actors for a change.

lizann
12-07-2013, 23:04
he is in the new series of true blood