PDA

View Full Version : Take That score eleventh No.1

Chris_2k11
01-12-2008, 00:33
Take That have notched up their eleventh number one on the UK singles chart.

'Greatest Day', the lead single from the group's upcoming album The Circus, debuts in the top spot this week. It becomes the group's third number one in five attempts since reforming in November 2005.

Last week's chart-topper, 'If I Were A Boy' by Beyoncé, falls to two, while T.I. and Rihanna climb to three with 'Live Your Life'.

Britney Spears bounces back to seven with 'Womanizer' following her performance on The X Factor, while Akon climbs to nine with 'Right Now (Na Na Na)'.

Meanwhile, singles by Same Difference and McFly both fall short of the top ten, debuting at 13 and 18 respectively.

Britain's Got Talent champion George Sampson also makes a disappointing chart debut, stalling at 30 with 'Get Up On The Dancefloor' / 'Headz Up'.

The top ten singles in full:

1. (-) Take That: 'Greatest Day'
2. (1) Beyoncé: 'If I Were A Boy'
3. (4) T.I. ft. Rihanna: 'Live Your Life'
4. (3) The Killers: 'Human'
5. (5) Katy Perry: 'Hot N Cold'
6. (6) Alesha Dixon: 'The Boy Does Nothing'
7. (9) Britney Spears: 'Womanizer'
8. (2) 'X Factor' Finalists 2008: 'Hero'
9. (14) Akon: 'Right Now (Na Na Na)'
10. (7) Girls Aloud: 'The Promise'

Abbie
01-12-2008, 08:13
:cheer: Love this song :D

Siobhan
01-12-2008, 09:29
Well done Take that.. those guys are great

Chris_2k11
07-12-2008, 19:21
Leona Lewis has knocked Take That off the top of the UK singles chart.

Her version of Snow Patrol's 'Run', which became available to download seven days ago, debuts at number one this week.

It becomes her third chart-topper - following her X Factor winner's song 'A Moment Like This' in 2006 and 'Bleeding Love' last year.

Take That slip to two with 'Greatest Day', while Britney Spears jumps to a new peak of three with 'Womanizer'.

Meanwhile, Katy Perry climbs to a new peak of four with 'Hot N Cold', while Kings of Leon leap from 15 to ten with 'Use Somebody'.

Outside of the top ten, notable gains come from Miley Cyrus, who jumps from 56 to 25 with '7 Things', and Will Young, who advances from 63 to 33 with 'Grace'.

The top ten singles in full:

1. (-) Leona Lewis: 'Run'
2. (1) Take That: 'Greatest Day'
3. (6) Britney Spears: 'Womanizer'
4. (5) Katy Perry: 'Hot N Cold'
5. (4) The Killers: 'Human'
6. (2) Beyoncé: 'If I Were A Boy'
7. (3) T.I. ft. Rihanna: 'Live Your Life'
8. (9) Akon: 'Right Now (Na Na Na)'
9. (6) Alesha Dixon: 'The Boy Does Nothing'
10. (15) Kings of Leon: 'Use Somebody'

Abbie