PDA

View Full Version : 'Emmerdale' star excited by 'intense' plot

Perdita
29-11-2008, 21:33
Emmerdale star Jenna-Louise Coleman has revealed that she is thrilled to be exploring her character's dark side on the soap.

The actress's alter-ego Jasmine Thomas becomes a murderer next week following a violent confrontation with her sinister boyfriend Shane Doyle, played by Paul McEwan.

"It's been a whirlwind. It's so far removed from anything you'd normally experience so it's quite intense," Coleman told Hot TV magazine. "I had no idea how I was going to play it until we got to the first take."

"I've been dying for something to sink my teeth into," she continued. "I've actually known about this storyline since February. What I love about it is that I think Jasmine is one of the last characters in the village you would have down as a murderer - she is probably the opposite of a soap villain."

Coleman added that viewers will have to "wait and see" if Jasmine's crime remains undiscovered. She added: "It will be interesting to see how the audience reacts, too."

|Am I the only NOT excited by this storyline? Is this her exit or have they persuaded her to stay on?

miccisy
30-11-2008, 12:43
TBH i hope this is her exit storyline but i hope she gets away with it.

Why in soaps is it not simple. When she kills him she should ring the police and tell them that he tried raping her so she fought him off in self defence but it cant be that simple can it.?!

All the people that dont like Shane means its gunna be another whodunnit more than likely.

I really want her to get away with it. Maybe do her piece about the Macfarlanes and find some evidence to print so that it shows Shane was involved with them. Then at least the Macfarlanes might get blamed for the murder.