PDA

View Full Version : Streep: I'm up for 'Mamma Mia!' sequel

Perdita
28-11-2008, 20:36
Meryl Streep has revealed that she will sign up for a Mamma Mia! sequel if the male cast returns.

The actress told the Daily Mail: "Grand Mamma Mia! I like it! I'm up for doing a sequel, as long as you can get those fabulous boys - Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard and Dominic Cooper - back!

"It's so gratifying that it has been this phenomenon around the world. It says there's an audience for something that appeals to a lot of women - something that might make them some money too!"

Abba's Benny Andersson recently admitted that no discussions have taken place about a sequel.

However, it is thought that the movie's record-breaking UK DVD and cinema release may prompt Universal to begin work on a follow-up.

Chloe O'brien
28-11-2008, 21:55
Oh come on give us a sequel there is still so many more Abba songs to sing a long too.

Abigail
29-11-2008, 00:18
Only if Pierce Brosnan reprises his role :wub: It should be illegal to look that sexy at his age.

Abbie
29-11-2008, 13:54
Yeah I do think there are loads of songs they havent done but im scared they will ruin it

Bryan
29-11-2008, 14:46
As much as I adore the film, it's one of my fave feel good films of all time, I wouldn't want a sequel.

They've covered all the main Abba songs in the first one, if they did a second it would just be all the scraps and leftovers that no one really knows about.

Thing it should be left as it is - an amazing movie that people can watch again and again, without ever tiring of it.

Siobhan
01-12-2008, 10:35
I 100% agree with you Bry.. like Grease.. you can watch again and again but they went and made a grease 2 which was dire!!
Musicals should be one offs...