PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders Cast At War

alan45
29-05-2005, 11:31
According to today's Sunday People the 'stars' of EE are up in arms about the amount of money being paid to bring back the Mitchells

Read the full story here (http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15569132%26method=full%26siteid=55768% 26headline=enders%2dat%2dwar-name_page.html)

Bad Wolf
29-05-2005, 11:35
i agree with jake maskall- ee does seem to be going back wards, the mitchells shouldn't come back, sharon and dennis yes, but not that family, they will just rehash old plots

Treacle
29-05-2005, 11:50
If going forwards means having dud characters like Danny Moon in the show then I'd prefer them to go backwards.

As for the rest of them it's their own fault for not pressing for better deals when they signed. They've signed up now, it's their own problem. As for the people, what a reliable source! The people was one of the papers that mentioned the cast were up in arms over Kathleen Hutchison. This later turned out to be untrue.

alan45
29-05-2005, 11:54
:searchme: Dont shoot the messenger. I cannot say how credible this story is.

Treacle
29-05-2005, 11:55
I'm not, I'm shooting the people. Nowadays the only soap stories I believe come from The Sun and that's a shock because I used to hate it.

alan45
29-05-2005, 11:57
I'm not, I'm shooting the people. Nowadays the only soap stories I believe come from The Sun and that's a shock because I used to hate it.

Well the Sun said the other day that Cindy was returning so who does one believe :D

Bad Wolf
29-05-2005, 11:59
the millers are not going, they have cast the other sister, and i thought gus got axed ages ago, but could be wrong

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:00
Fair enough they got it wrong but I can't help but think that was one of the press's idea's of a joke. Sometimes they run silly little things like that to make a joke of something that is happening like EE bringing back old characters. It was denied anyways by the beeb and EastEnders. Normally The Sun are pretty accurate nowadays on what's going on.

.:Kitz:.
29-05-2005, 12:01
i thought gus got axed ages ago, but could be wrong
I thought that too but he was in an episode just the other day!! :thumbsdow

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:02
I thought that too but he was in an episode just the other day!! :thumbsdow
He should have left with Juley.

29-05-2005, 12:04
He should have left with Juley.
I agree, there's no point in him being in the show....he does nothing :rotfl:

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:05
He only crops up from time to time.

Bad Wolf
29-05-2005, 12:07
i think he will go and be with juley soon

29-05-2005, 12:07
Where did Juley go again? I can't rember for the life of me

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:19
He went away to find himself.

29-05-2005, 12:21
oh, strange chap.

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:21
You normally get exits in Soap where characters don't know where they are heading. I wish I could just take off on a whim not knowing where I was going. Black cab to nowhere lol.

Angeldelight
29-05-2005, 12:23
but if they'd give him some decent storylines then he character would be doing something and wouldn't be boring... they could have invovled him in the Rebecca stuff with Martin and Sonia as him and Sonia are close... if they waste opportunities then the character will be boring...

i think they should have just stuck with Phil... what's the point of bringing Grant back for just 8 episodes... then nothing for 4 months? what is the point?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
29-05-2005, 12:36
Do newspaper's get told of or anything for posting rubbish eg. BB con and Cindy returning etc. ??

i_luv_dennis
29-05-2005, 12:50
so jake and danny and the boat for a bit is because they can come back

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:58
I don't want Danny to come back, just Jake.

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:58
Do newspaper's get told of or anything for posting rubbish eg. BB con and Cindy returning etc. ??
I doubt it.

Treacle
29-05-2005, 12:59
but if they'd give him some decent storylines then he character would be doing something and wouldn't be boring... they could have invovled him in the Rebecca stuff with Martin and Sonia as him and Sonia are close... if they waste opportunities then the character will be boring...

i think they should have just stuck with Phil... what's the point of bringing Grant back for just 8 episodes... then nothing for 4 months? what is the point?
I agree but Grant will be in it for more than 8 episodes and he's been offered another 4 months in 06, and that's just of filming, they film for 2 weeks worth in one session.

Babe14
30-05-2005, 07:47
Gus was supposed to be axed ages ago along with all the Slaters except Zoe because of her sex symbol status. As we know this has now changed and Michelle Ryan is leaving of her own accord. As for Charlie and Big Mo still don't know, but I hope they stay. Gus yes he should go as nothing is being done with his character.

As for the rumour about the cast beingup in arms about the Mitchells' pay packets, I don't blame them and think that it is totally unfair on the other cast members of the show, all who work very hard and long hours. Why should characters who haven't been in the show for years get more? Time to move FORWARDS not BACKWARDS.

There are a couple of points about that article: It says Ross left the show 4 years ago yet elsewhere, and I think that Ross himself has said ,it is 6 years ago. Another is that is says they are bringing Grant back after being on the run in Brazil, I'm fairly certain that sometime ago it was mentioned in Eastenders that Grant had been involved in a serious car crash with Courtney and this is how Peggy was written out, she had gone to Brazil to look after him. I am very surprised at ITV allowing this kind of deal to take place. At one time you weren't allowed to work on anything else if you were contracted for a period of time on Eastenders and again I am fairly certain that at one time it was said that if someone left Eastenders they wouldn't be allowed to return and the character would almost certainly be killed off.

I definitely DO NOT agree with the double standard policy which Eastenders seems to have now. It is totally unfair on the rest of the cast. The BBC is really loosing it's marbles if you ask me. ITV buy Eastenders out before it's too late...save our soap..