PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Luke Hamill ( Alex Trueman)

Quentus13
27-11-2008, 15:20
Found this on the BBC Casualty website

The New Trueman
Luke Hamill has joined the Casualty cast to play Alex Trueman - younger brother of Adam. Here he reveals more about his character and what it's like to work with Tristan Gemmill.

In an unmissable new storyline, we discover Alex was badly injured in a car accident when the pair were children and that the boys' parents were killed. And, in the coming weeks, the circumstances around the accident become clear, as well as the effect it has had on Adam and Alex - amongst other revelations.

Luke says, "Alex has had a devastating spinal injury. He's using a wheelchair and lives in supported housing in Holby. He's had his share of loves and has had success as an artist. Adam, meanwhile, is a work-hard-play-hard doctor and, although Alex loves him, he knows he can't really rely on him. Adam will bring round the pizzas and the beers but he also spends a lot of time drinking and fooling around with girls".

Viewers might recognise Luke from his lengthy part in The Bill. Of his time at Sun Hill, Luke reveals: "I spent two and a half years on The Bill. I was Dean McVerry, the radio controller sending officers out to crime scenes. It was similar to Casualty in that two or three episodes are filmed together and they are both big productions with big casts. What I've really enjoyed about Casualty, though, is that I've been able to develop Alex's relationship with Adam".

Luke has obviously spent a lot of time with Tristan, who plays Adam. "Tristan is amazing", Luke says. "He's very funny and well-read. I've learnt an awful lot through watching him."

"Michael French [who plays Nick Jordan] was amazing too," he adds. "They do so much to make it real and believable. I've had so much fun working with them."

lizann
27-11-2008, 17:01
http://thebillbios.co.uk/mcverry.jpg

-Natasha-
27-11-2008, 17:05
Luuuuuuuuuuuke. :)