PDA

View Full Version : Britney announces O2 arena dates

Perdita
26-11-2008, 17:12
Britney Spears is to make a two-day stop in London as part of her 2009 world tour.

The singer will play at the O2 arena on June 3 and June 4, the only European shows in the worldwide jaunt.

Tour promoter AEG's Rob Hallett told the BBC that it will be a "very special" concert, which will take its theme from Spears's new LP Circus.

He said: "We're creating a musical circus. Expect to see jugglers, dancers, tattooed ladies and acrobats."

Meanwhile, Spears will be travelling to the UK this weekend to appear on The X Factor.

Circus, which features Spears's current single 'Womanizer', is due for release on December 1.

sindydoll
27-11-2008, 07:43
have you heard of when the manchester dates go on?

Perdita
27-11-2008, 09:55
They have not yet been confirmed.

Perdita
09-12-2008, 06:34
Britney Spears has added another six dates to her forthcoming tour Circus tour at London’s O2 Arena.

It means the Womanizer star now plays a total of eight dates at the venue - her only European shows.

The extra dates are 6, 7, 10, 11, 13 and 14 June.

Tickets are available now from www.aeglive.co.uk and the 24 Hour hotline: 0871 230 4422

The previously-announced dates are on 3 and 4 June.

Her album Circus went straight into the UK charts at Number Four last night - and according to her spokespeople, was her fastest-selling album in the UK to date.

Perdita
12-12-2008, 15:17
Pussycat Dolls have revealed that they are hoping to join Britney Spears on stage next year.

The US girl group, who were recently confirmed as the support act for Spears's North American dates in March and April, want to sing 'I'm A Slave 4 U' and 'Oops... I Did It Again' alongside the star.

When asked whether a live duet is likely to happen, Kimberly Wyatt told DS: "I hope so! I'm sure we'll have a lot of tricks up our sleeves when we go on tour and hopefully that will be one of them.

"I am so excited to be touring with Britney! I think that we make a great match, the Pussycat Dolls and Britney Spears. I think it's going to be a great show."

Wyatt also admitted that she is impressed with Spears's recent career revival, saying: "It's just amazing to see her make her comeback and be in good spirits and healthy."

Perdita
12-02-2009, 06:06
Britney Spears has added a Manchester date to her forthcoming world tour, reports MTV.

The singer will bring 'The Circus Starring Britney Spears' to the city's MEN Arena on June 17. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am.

Spears has already announced details of eight shows at London's O2 arena. The mini-residency will see her perform in the capital on June 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13 and 14.

The star is scheduled to kick off her 'Circus' tour in New Orleans on March 3.

sindydoll
12-02-2009, 13:41
you have to text to get a password and link then you go on ticketmaster through aeglive to this page http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/945152?brand=uk_aegonline?brand=aeglive?brand=aegl ive?brand=aegliveand its all those posh seats again like a love couch for 2 next to the stage which are very expensive!! why are they doing this because its not fair on the fans

sindydoll
13-02-2009, 21:23
booked my tickets today have to sit in a tier though because im not rich :lol:

Abbie
14-02-2009, 12:44
How much are they?

Chris_2k11
14-02-2009, 13:43
After her attitude on the X Factor you wouldnt catch me paying to see her

sindydoll
14-02-2009, 15:40
How much are they?
Centre Ringside Bar Stools
£350.00

VIP West Standing
£285.00

VIP East Standing
£285.00

Centre Ringside Seating
£750.00

Ringside Seating
£650.00
UPPER TIER ...
£49.50

LOWER TIER ...
£49.50
STANDING
£49.50

very expensive

Perdita
16-02-2009, 15:11
Britney Spears is reportedly 'close to breaking point' as she prepares for her first tour since her public breakdown.

The star is becoming increasingly stressed and anxious as pressure grows in the final weeks of rehearsals, according to reports.

"Britney's like a wound-up spring waiting to go off," a source told Now.

"She's still taking medication to get through each day.

"She's so stressed about the kids and so nervous about the tour that it's making her physically ill. The only way she can release that tension is to scream at whoever is closest.

"She locks herself in her room or the bathroom and frequently breaks down in tears."

The 'Circus' singer has allegedly been prescribed Valium and anti-anxiety pill Ativan to supplement her regular bipolar medication.

Spears's live show kicks off in New Orleans on March 3, before playing a "mini-residency" at London's O2 arena from June 3. She recently added a further date in Manchester on June 17.

Perdita
25-02-2009, 15:17
The TV magician hired to jazz up Britney Spears's forthcoming world tour has given fans a glimpse of what to expect.

Illusionist Ed Alonzo, who has previously appeared on Saved By The Bell, promised E! Online that 'The Circus Starring Britney Spears' will be an "amazing concert" experience.

"We're going to be doing the classics of magic but a little high-tech," he explained. "We'll be doing a little dissection, transposition, a vanish, an appearance.

"There are some complicated things... but because she's a dancer, it really makes sense to put her in the magic, and it works and she's really really good at it. Some of it's pretty scary but she gets right in there with no reservations."

He added that Spears will be performing "the best music... that people have loved over the years" and "brand new favourites from the new album".

Describing the three-ring, circus-inspired set, he said: "[It is] exactly what you would see in a big giant Vegas production show."

Spears kicks off her tour in New Orleans on March 3. She is scheduled to play a mini-residency at London's O2 arena from June 3 and a one-off show in Manchester on June 17.

Sounds promising

sindydoll
26-02-2009, 17:51
i cant wait! im really looking forward to it :D

Perdita
04-03-2009, 05:57
BRITNEY SPEARS returned to touring duty for the first time in five years with an X-rated, bondage-heavy show.
The star blew the lid off the New Orleans Arena with her adult-only antics.

Male dancers sported kinky, leather outfits and masks while the Louisiana native wore some of the most revealing outfits of her career, including sheer body-suits, which left very little to the imagination.

In fact, she made support act the PUSSYCAT DOLLS look like a group of nuns.

KYLIE MINOGUE's tour director produced the show, which was split into four acts.

Taking her cue from some of MADONNA's more risque antics, it was pure raunch from the outset, which saw the star sporting a sexy circus mistress's uniform.

Dancers tumbled from the ceiling sporting S&M masks.

During Piece Of Me the songbird, sporting a shiny PVC outfit, found herself imprisoned in a cage which was dragged around the stage.

A spot of pole-dancing from the Louisiana native preceeded a segment which saw her subject to a number of magicians' tricks like being sawn in half.

Controversial track If U Seek Amy saw her bashing her dancers over the head with a pink hammer.

A Bollywood-themed section followed with the singer in traditional Indian clothing.

Shock rocker MARILYN MANSON's cover version of The Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams soundtracked a particularly eye-popping video which was aired during a segue.

It featured Britney draping herself over various mask-sporting men in an orgy-style scenario.

But it was the penultimate Freakshow segment that was the most extraordinary of the evening, with track Slave 4 U proving the most eye-popping.

Britney sporting a shiny metallic body-suit while flames erupted around the stage was just mind-boggling.

The young, parent-friendly Britney has well and truly left the building.

Welcome then, 2009's adult, X-rated older sister.

sindydoll
04-03-2009, 07:15
new orleans last night http://www.britneyspears.com/

sindydoll
04-03-2009, 13:51
britney last night http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/starsnaps/i173385/britney-spears.html

Perdita
05-03-2009, 06:27
BRITNEY SPEARS shocked everyone as she kicked off her first world tour in five years – by actually singing a song.
There’s bound to be plenty of controversy over this spectacular and very naughty show, but it’s the fact she used her voice, as well as the rest of her body, that left us open-mouthed.

Mind you, it was only one song.

The fallen pop princess rose from the wilderness at the New Orleans Arena with one of the rudest performances ever seen.

She was tipped to mime throughout the entire Circus live show, as she did on X Factor.

But Bizarre were there with ears pricked and, at the end of the second act — bingo! Britney sang drippy ballad Everytime with her pre-recorded vocal track reduced to a minimum.

Under normal circumstances you might think one live song for £100 a bit steep, but Britney is not a normal pop star.

And it is amazing to see her return with such an incredible show when, not long ago, we all wondered if she would ever step foot on a stage again.

And to be fair, it would have been pretty hard to have enough puff to sing for 90 minutes as she sped through a mind-boggling 15 costumes — including some of the raunchiest ever seen in a pop show.

She went from PVC vamp, to nipple-tassled sex bomb, dazzled in a gold body suit and all manner of other curve-hugging creations.

KYLIE MINOGUE’s right hand man WILLIAM BAKER designed the outfits — and he didn’t hold back.

Meanwhile, knife-wielding martial artists, aerial acrobats, clowns, and scores of dancers jostled for space with her on the stage.

The mum-of-two has never been naughtier and she startled the 17,000 crowd with her risqué antics.

A kinky bondage theme featured heavily.

Male dancers sported S&M-style leather masks and a video segment saw the star in what can only be described as a sex dungeon.

Britney’s bound to face criticism for the filthy nature of the tour — which comes to the UK in June.

This is no family show.

But it is an all-action, eye-melting pop spectacle which even leaves the crowd out of breath.

Especially the dads.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2294405.ece

sindydoll
05-03-2009, 11:57
to be truthful i have seen loads of pictures of the opening night and she is a bit on the large side to be wearing those sort of outfits her body isnt like it was so she should cover up a bit!
i heard the pussycats were supposed of been good but only did a 45 min performance

Perdita
10-03-2009, 05:56
Britney Spears left thousands of fans shocked after she was overheard referring to her genitalia during a live show in Tampa, Florida.

The singer reportedly told members of her crew "my p***y was hanging out" after performing her single 'I'm A Slave 4 U'.

The star made the comments after being lowered under the stage without realising that her microphone was still turned on.

According to Heatworld, the audience responded by laughing and cheering loudly.

Spears, who kicked off the global jaunt last week, has been accused of performing just one song live.

:eek:

Perdita
10-03-2009, 09:57
Britney Spears's handlers have fired three of the dancers on her comeback 'Circus' tour for suspected drug use, it has emerged.

Headed up by her manager Larry Rudolph and father Jamie Spears, the team hopes to keep the star away from dangerous substances, The Mirror reports.

An insider said: "Because of Britney's past personal problems she now requires more insurance for her 'Circus' tour than before.

"It's a very rigorous process protecting all of those assets. Backstage her dad is beyond strict and rightfully so. He only wants the best for Britney.

"He's protecting Britney’s comeback with every ounce of his being."

Spears was recently picked up on her microphone saying "my p***y is hanging out" after being lowered under the stage during a performance of 'I'm A Slave 4 U' in Tampa, Florida.

Perdita
13-05-2009, 16:32
Britney Spears is reportedly planning to change the setlist for her upcoming European live dates.

The star, who kicks off her mini-residency at London's O2 arena on June 3, is expected to alter parts of 'The Circus: Starring Britney Spears' with new mixes and dance routines.

Writing on Twitter, her manager confirmed: "Should be getting some dope remixes for the show today. Brits going to rework and choreograph a few numbers for Europe."

Spears is rumoured to be considering performing her 2007 single 'Gimme More', which was not included in her North American shows.

The tour, which has so far amassed a gross revenue of $50 million (£33 million), was recently extended to include dates in Ireland and continental Europe.