PDA

View Full Version : Bad seller on eBay experienced?

Perdita
25-11-2008, 20:38
On 13 November I successfully bid for some bellydancing trousers which I would have liked to receive by 28th November. I paid immediately by internet, money has not come back, so must have got the right bank details. Still not received the trousers today (25th Nov) but had several jewellry bits I got of eBay after 13 November, no problem. Anybody else have had this experience? What happens?

Abigail
25-11-2008, 21:16
I bought a 20 piece wooden kitchen set off ebay for my sister. When it came it had woodworm, mould and wasn't what I paid for. I emailed the seller and she sent another set, exactly the same.

I put a complaint in through paypal, she replied saying if I returned both boxes she would refund the items minus the postage. I went to the post office and was told it would cost £40 to return both boxes (no idea how it only cost her £10 per box). In the end, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I'd be the one left out of pocket and I was fed up of her lies.

It hasn't stopped me from buying on ebay, although now I stick to smaller items that don't cost much in the way of postage.

Sometimes you come across these sellers. I always look at feedback before I bid on an item to see if the seller has a good reputation.

Have you put an unrecieved item dispute in to ebay?

Debs
25-11-2008, 21:19
have you contated her to heck she has sent, they should have been more than with you by now! id email again and if you hear nothing back put a dispute in with ebay, they usually get it sorted very quickly

Hope its sorted for you soon x

Perdita
26-11-2008, 06:03
Yes, I emailed her twice to ask whether there is a problem and whether she has received the money - no response. eBay is now dealing with it but I don't know what happens if they also do not get a reply from her. Luckily, there is no great value involved, only just over Euro 12, I am more gutted that I will not have the red trousers for my first public performance, as they would hopefully match a top I got for this event. :( Got another pair of trousers in silver which I hope will arrive in time, they will go for the second dance I am going to perform.

Perdita
26-11-2008, 06:04
Yes, I emailed her twice to ask whether there is a problem and whether she has received the money - no response. And she has 100% positive feedback. eBay is now dealing with it but I don't know what happens if they also do not get a reply from her. Luckily, there is no great value involved, only just over Euro 12, I am more gutted that I will not have the red trousers for my first public performance, as they would hopefully match a top I got for this event. :( Got another pair of trousers in silver which I hope will arrive in time, they will go for the second dance I am going to perform.

Abigail
26-11-2008, 16:08
If you paid through paypal you will be covered for the price and will be able to get a refund via them. They will then recover the funds from her account next time she logs in.

Perdita
26-11-2008, 16:55
Sadly it was not paid by PayPal, I had to do a bank transfer. It was only Euro 12 and a bit, so I am not too worried, I am worried that the seller is poorly or so. Still not heard from seller or eBay. :(

Perdita
30-11-2008, 08:27
Got a message from the seller today, she was away to a funeral. I think she is Turkish from her name. Anyway, the trousers are on the way now :cheer: Wanted them for my performance last night but as there will be another performance in January, they should arrive in time for that one.

Abbie
30-11-2008, 18:19
Thats good perdita, glad you got it all sorted

Perdita
30-11-2008, 18:22
Aww, thanks. Just glad I am getting them soon. Might have the same problem with another pair of trousers I won on eBay, not heard from the seller or received them after a succesful bid 8 days ago. Seem to be jinxed :(

Debs
30-11-2008, 20:55
Glad you got it sorted hun

i bought dave something for xmas lsat week and after i paid i got an email from ebay to say they had removed the sellers listing, apparently he can relist but as far as i cna see he hasnt yet.

ive paid for it via paypal, but now i dont know if he will send it or if im going to have to open a dispute for it!!! giving it a couple more days but i really hope it arrives!

Abigail
30-11-2008, 20:56
Did ebay tell you why they removed the listing?

Debs
30-11-2008, 21:01
this is what email says

was removed from eBay for breaching of one or more of our listing policies. Any offers or bids that you placed on this listing are now null and void, you don't have to complete this transaction.

This listing was removed because it was listed incorrectly; therefore, the seller is free to re-list the item in the correct format. If you want to, feel free to bid on the item again if it's re-listed.

Perdita
30-11-2008, 21:06
Does this mean you are not getting the item? The statement from eBay confuses me more than clarify things

Debs
30-11-2008, 21:07
me too! it sounds like as ive made a offer ( a buy it now) its been cancelled but id already paid for it before it was removed.

im going to see if it is sent and if not here in next few days ill go to paypal nd get money back

Perdita
30-11-2008, 21:15
As you have paid with PayPal you should not have any financial penalties, but sometimes you really want the item because you can't find it anywhere else, so then it becomes a bit of a mare.

Debs
30-11-2008, 21:17
As you have paid with PayPal you should not have any financial penalties, but sometimes you really want the item because you can't find it anywhere else, so then it becomes a bit of a mare.

thats it, i can only get it on ebay so ill just have to get him something else, just a pain as i thought id finsihed his pressies

oh well it may still come