PDA

View Full Version : Corrie's Alison King talks Carla's brother

Perdita
25-11-2008, 19:31
Coronation Street actress Alison King has revealed that she would love to see her screen brother turn up in Weatherfield.

The 35-year-old's Corrie counterpart Carla Connor has an as-yet-unseen brother called Darren who has been mentioned in a number of the ITV soap's scripts. He is currently serving an eight-year stint in Strangeways prison for armed robbery.

Speaking of her fictitious relative, she said: "I think she's got a brother who's absolutely brilliant with her. I think he'll be stunningly charming, but a complete minger inside. He'll be as rough as old boots because Carla's mum was rough too. Carla's from a really rough family, but she's tried to put all that behind her."

She continued: "It'd be good to have someone there like Darren who wants to sponge off her or embarrass her all the time. Or maybe he just loves her to death and idolises the ground she walks on? I also think Carla could have a sister that she's not spoken to for years."

King is currently expecting her first child with fiancé Adam Huckett. "I'm big and fat at the minute," she joked. "I'm just getting fatter. It's a competition between my boobs, my bump and my ass! I think my bum's slightly ahead!"

She is due to begin her maternity leave just before Christmas and is expected to return to filming in late 2009.