PDA

View Full Version : Are there any films that are better or equal the book?

Abbie
23-11-2008, 20:15
Ok so this thread isnt about whether you prefer to read or watch the films, but lets face it when we read the book and then watch the film we are often dissapointed.
Are there any films that do the book justice and equal the book?
Or even, Are there any films that are better than the book?

Debs
23-11-2008, 20:18
Yes i think the bridget jones films are just as good as the book! i read the books first, uand was surprised at how good the films were!

Abbie
23-11-2008, 20:21
You see Ive never read those books.
The only books I can think of are Ps I love you, the film in my opinion ruined the book, but a good film if you forget about the book
I like the harry potter films, I really do love them :D But when I think about the book, they often miss out too much which annoys me

The one where I think the film was perfect to the book is Holes :D

Debs
23-11-2008, 20:26
oooo if you liked the films, read the books abbie. I am constantly re reading my ones!

Abbie
23-11-2008, 20:28
Bridget Jones are you on about?

Hmm maybe I should my friends are struggling for what to get me for xmas, maybe Ive thought of something then :hmm: :p

StarsOfCCTV
23-11-2008, 23:20
Holes is a good one.

The horse whisper is great. Except the ending in the book is completely different to the one in the film - which is rubbish! And its basically the same ending except for one thing that would've been so sweet and not at all hard to put in grr! But thats my only moan the rest of it is brill! :p :D

The Pianist is great too, except for the little love scenario which totally doesn't happen in the book :rolleyes: but hey its a film even a docu film has to have some romance....:rolleyes: But Emilia's the love interest and she's brill so I can forgive that. :p

Perdita
24-11-2008, 06:22
I really love the Harry Potter books and films, can't think of a film I think was equal to or even better than the book. I am sure I have seen/read a couple though :D

Siobhan
24-11-2008, 09:21
The Green mile (better than the book as the book was published as a set of short stories)

The pelican brief, time to kill, all just as good as the book.

Patriot game, the 4th protocol (only cause the books went into far too much details about the weapons and the movie just showed you which was better)

Kim
26-11-2008, 20:10
Have to agree with Bridget Jones, they're possibly even better than the books.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
28-11-2008, 15:52
The only books I ever read which were made into a film are probably Harry Potter..
The book does it for me!

Chloe O'brien
28-11-2008, 21:53
If I see a movie before I read the book then I don't mind too much if there is a slight difference. But if I read the book and then see the movie all I do is nit pick and I have been disapointed with the films especially Stephen King books such as Pet Cemetray