PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Shirley

sindydoll
09-04-2008, 23:27
does anything happen between them?

StarsOfCCTV
09-04-2008, 23:48
I think Shirley said she wanted Phil last episode..

I think they'd be good together, they bounce off each other really well.

JustJodi
10-04-2008, 00:16
Ben likes Shirley, she encourages his intrests,, even tho Phil does not encourage Ben and his love for music..
Shirley and Phil do play off each other quite well, and yea on Tues she did say SHE WANTED HIM,, hmmmmmmmmm

thestud2k7
10-04-2008, 00:25
if there is one women who can tame phil its shirley

JustJodi
10-04-2008, 00:38
if there is one women who can tame phil its shirley

I honestly think Phil likes her too and yea i agree Shirley can tame A MITCHELL lol

Perdita
10-04-2008, 06:03
She will certainly give him a run for his money and it would be nice to see Peggy's nose put out of joint, she is always so pompous when it comes to her boy's ladies. :lol:

sindydoll
10-04-2008, 14:53
well i hope they do :wub:

Ruffed_lemur
11-04-2008, 18:23
Yes, I'd like to see them together, they make a good couple. I think Phil's a bit scared of having a woman in his life after his experience with Stella. Understandable!

lizann
18-11-2008, 15:51
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/soaperstar/view/59065/EastEnders-gruesome-twosome/

Meathead Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden, 49) beds Shirley Carter (Linda Henry, 45) after discovering she is about to leave Walford.

Shirley has been in love with Phil for months and next week she finally has her way.

:thumbsup:

I really hate Suzy and Shirley is great with Ben

Abbie
18-11-2008, 17:58
aww bless them :p
Never thought Id say that for a couple where phil is concerned!

StarsOfCCTV
18-11-2008, 18:11
About time. :lol:

sindydoll
18-11-2008, 23:00
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/article1944675.ece

tammyy2j
26-11-2008, 11:28
Poor Shirley Carter decides to leave Walford after love rival Suzy Branning reveals she’s pregnant.

The devastated barmaid says farewell to best friend Heather Trott before Phil Mitchell emerges from the Queen Vic.

Fans will this week see the couple enjoy a passionate night – leaving Shirley convinced she’s finally got her man.

But when Phil’s girlfriend drops her baby bombshell their romance is over before it’s even had the chance to start.

So when on-off lover Vinnie Monks invites her to join him on his rally driving tour she decides to go with him.

An insider said: “Phil never thought he’d be a dad again so it’s a dream come true when Suzy makes her announcement.

“But fans will realise she’ll do anything she can to hold on to him.

“Shirley is devastated and the thought of sticking around watching Phil and Suzy playing happy families just fills her with dread.

“Vinnie offers her a way out so she accepts. But just as she’s about to leave Phil turns up to talk to her.

“It’s going to be an emotional farewell and everyone will be wanting Phil to do something to make her stay.

“But you’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

You’ll have to tune in a week tomorrow to see whether Phil can persuade Shirley to stay.

Perdita
26-11-2008, 11:49
Of course he can :D

sindydoll
26-11-2008, 12:04
please just let her go

Abbie
26-11-2008, 12:59
Aww Shirley has to stay :D

pinkles14
26-11-2008, 13:14
Phil arrives to talk to Shirley but Phil disappoints her once more when she realises that he's only come to pass on a goodbye card from Ben....

Shirley and Vinnie set off on their trip but the couple have barely travelled a quarter of a mile before their relationship runs out of juice..
Vinnie does a U turn and tells Shirley that he knows she is settling for second best and he'd rather set her free to follow her heart and encourages shirley to fight for Phil.......

LostVoodoo
26-11-2008, 17:53
why would phil want to be a dad again? he's terrible at it!

Perdita
26-11-2008, 18:35
He does not want to be a dad, but if Suzy is pregnant, he would not force her to have an abortion. But then she will not be pregnant, will she? :D

tammyy2j
27-11-2008, 12:31
Suzy might not be pregnant by Phil but Shirley could be according to latest issue of All About Soap

Anyways Shirley stays

Perdita
27-11-2008, 12:34
:cheer: It took me a while to like Shirley but now I think she is fab. Mind you, she is 45 so if she is pregant, Phil will have to take good care of her. :)

lizann
08-03-2009, 11:42
One the current soap mags is hinting at a wedding this year for Phil and Shirley

LostVoodoo
08-03-2009, 16:23
i can only imagine shirley in a wedding dress...ooh and heather could be a bridesmaid this time!

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2009, 23:21
:sick: :sick: Shirley girl get yourself to specsavers, they can't be serious about her marrying Mr Beetroot man. It's time he went on an extended holiday to stay with Grunt and take the poison dwarf with him.

Perdita
09-03-2009, 06:26
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and people of all shapes and sizes and hair colour (or no hair at all) are entitled to happiness. If Phil and Shirley make each other happy, then their relationship gets my support. :thumbsup:

sindydoll
09-03-2009, 07:24
:sick: :sick: Shirley girl get yourself to specsavers, they can't be serious about her marrying Mr Beetroot man. It's time he went on an extended holiday to stay with Grunt and take the poison dwarf with him.
i think they would make a good couple their both :sick:

Perdita
11-08-2010, 11:44
Steve McFadden has hinted that his EastEnders character Phil Mitchell will stay with Shirley Carter in the long-term.

Speaking to What's On TV, the actor claimed that Shirley - played by Linda Henry - is Phil's best chance of happiness.

He explained: "Shirley’s the one person who offers Phil the opportunity to have an equal relationship with a woman."

Phil's previous girlfriends have included Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean), Lisa Fowler (Lucy Benjamin) and evil Stella Crawford (Sophie Thompson).

sean slater
18-08-2010, 19:34
I like them together. Last nights episode was brilliant! She loves him, she's stayed away for a while cos she's been feeling hurt, but she's proved how much she cares by trying to get him out of this state. Even though he's hooked on drugs and has slept with another woman. She's no doormat, she wont be taken for no fool.

alan45
13-01-2011, 10:49
EastEnders Phil Mitchell will propose to Shirley Carter in an upcoming plot, it has been reported.

The garage owner - played by Steve McFadden - will apparently re-evaluate his relationship with Shirley (Linda Henry), when he survives a heart attack later this month. However, The Mirror claims that Shirley will turn down the proposal at first.

"He has been married several times before so he doesn't have a great record," a source told the paper. "There are sure to be a few twists and turns before they make it down the aisle."

However, Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) will threaten to leave Shirley devastated, by revealing her secret liaisons with Phil.

"Phil will have to work hard if he is going to marry," the insider added. "EastEnders has been hit by complaints with the cot death and baby swap storyline getting people talking about the soap for the wrong reasons."

Mirror

Chris_2k11
13-01-2011, 11:10
Shirley as a bride, this I have to see :D

Siobhan
13-01-2011, 11:15
Shirley as a bride, this I have to see :D

I can see her in this dress: http://w-weddinggowns.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tackiest-wedding-gowns-ever-2.jpg

Chris_2k11
13-01-2011, 11:20
I can see her in this dress: http://w-weddinggowns.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tackiest-wedding-gowns-ever-2.jpglmao good god lets hope not :eek: :lol:

tammyy2j
13-01-2011, 11:24
I can see her in this dress: http://w-weddinggowns.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tackiest-wedding-gowns-ever-2.jpg

Heather as bridesmaid

Shirley will kill Phil and Glenda when she finds out

tammyy2j
13-01-2011, 11:43
Maybe a mod would please add Alan's thread about Phil proposing to Shirley in here

alan45
13-01-2011, 17:14
Maybe a mod would please add Alan's thread about Phil proposing to Shirley in here

Obviously I did not search back far enough. Glad so many folk are looking after me :)

lizann
14-01-2011, 10:24
Phil is an idiot and Shirley deserves better

Chloe O'brien
14-01-2011, 23:47
If she has any sense she wil say no.

Perdita
29-01-2011, 12:37
EastEnders bosses have reportedly planned Phil Mitchell and Shirley Carter's marriage to coincide with the royal wedding.

The pair, played by Steve McFadden and Linda Henry respectively, will tie the knot on April 29 - the same day that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey.

A source told The Mirror: "The royal wedding is the biggest event of this year and, for soap fans, Phil Mitchell is pretty close to royalty having been a favourite since he arrived in 1990. The show's bosses thought a wedding storyline would be perfect to coincide with William and Kate."

Phil is due to propose to Shirley on Monday after being rushed to hospital following a heart attack.

However, the weeks leading up to the ceremony will apparently be "riddled with drama" as Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) threatens to reveal her affair with Phil.

DS

parkerman
29-01-2011, 14:25
EastEnders bosses have reportedly planned Phil Mitchell and Shirley Carter's marriage to coincide with the royal wedding.

Even more reason to get out of the country that day!

alan45
29-01-2011, 14:33
So the BEETROOT MAN doesnt die of a heart attack then

tammyy2j
31-01-2011, 12:31

The pair, played by Steve McFadden and Linda Henry respectively, will tie the knot on April 29 - the same day that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey.

A source told The Mirror: "The royal wedding is the biggest event of this year and, for soap fans, Phil Mitchell is pretty close to royalty having been a favourite since he arrived in 1990. The show's bosses thought a wedding storyline would be perfect to coincide with William and Kate."

Phil is due to propose to Shirley on Monday after being rushed to hospital following a heart attack.

However, the weeks leading up to the ceremony will apparently be "riddled with drama" as Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) threatens to reveal her affair with Phil.

DS

So the affair dont come out soon - shame :(

alan45
13-02-2011, 01:11
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/feb2011/1/0/eastenders-image-2-671729937.jpg

THESE are the pictures that will spark an EastEnders marriage mystery.

Millions of soap fans will be wondering if hardman Phil Mitchell has actually married long-term girlfriend Shirley Carter. The smiling couple are showered with confetti as they leave the register office but neither is wearing a wedding ring.

Barmaid Shirley further fuels the riddle by wiping the word married from the rear window of the waiting Jaguar.

Phil and Shirleys wedding day will be screened in April.

A show source revealed: It seems strange Phil and Shirley did not exchange rings but they look very happy together, it is a riddle. Shirley blatantly wipes the word married from the back of the car so it only says just.

As with any Mitchell storyline, it is never straightforward.

Phil popped the question to Shirley played by Bad Girls actress Linda Henry, 48, after he nearly died of a heart attack in January. Phil, played by Steve McFadden, 51, has married three times since joining BBC1 soap in 1990. His first wedding was a fake to Romanian Nadia Borovac to get her a visa. He then married Kathy Beale but she fled to South Africa to avoid his drink problem. After having baby Louise, with Lisa Fowler, he then married undercover cop Kate Morton

In 2007, he was due to marry Stella Crawford until he realised she abused his son Ben. She died falling off a roof wearing her wedding dress.

(c) Sunday People

alan45
01-03-2011, 01:02
Phil and Shirley take centre stage in EastEnders in the coming days as their relationship reaches a crossroads.

After Glenda blurts out the truth about her affair with Phil in front of surprised punters at The Vic this Thursday, Shirley is left to wonder whether she should believe the schemer's allegations or her partner's protestations of innocence.

Phil tries to get Shirley back on side next Monday by presenting her with an expensive-looking engagement ring, but she remains suspicious and later tells Heather that his gesture hints at a guilty conscience.

Eventually, Shirley is left in no doubt of Phil's infidelity when she overhears him arguing with Glenda at the R&R, speaking openly about his betrayal. When she walks in on the guilty pair, Shirley is told by Phil that it's not what she suspects - but she refuses to listen to any more lies.

Instead, Shirley focuses on getting even with Glenda - furiously dragging her into the chip shop as the mischievous blonde prepares to leave Albert Square for good.

Who will come out on top in the showdown between Shirley and Glenda? And will Shirley still marry Phil?

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_eastenders_phil_and_shirley_1.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_eastenders_phil_and_shirley_2.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_eastenders_phil_and_shirley_3.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_eastenders_phil_and_shirley_4.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/09/550w_eastenders_phil_and_shirley_5.jpg

Perdita
02-03-2011, 14:52
EastEnders star Linda Henry has praised her character Shirley Carter's relationship with Phil Mitchell, describing the pair as a "strong" couple.

The duo's partnership is due to hit a big obstacle in the coming days when Shirley learns of Phil's (Steve McFadden) affair with Glenda (Glynis Barber), leaving fans to wonder whether she will still go ahead with her plans to marry him.

Offering her take on their romance, Henry told Inside Soap: "Phil and Shirley are definitely a perfect match - they work well together. Shirley really stood by Phil and pulled him back from the brink of his drug addiction, when he hit rock bottom. The fact that they could get past that means they have a strong relationship.

"I think it would need lots of effort to make it work and they'll never have the perfect relationship. But neither Phil nor Shirley are ones for the quiet life, so who knows what will happen?"

Asked whether Shirley would stay with Phil just to keep a roof over her head, the actress replied: "She's a strong, proud woman - and she wouldn't stay with someone for those reasons. Right now, though, Shirley's in shock - she needs time for the reality of what she's discovered to sink in."

Shirley discovers the truth about Phil and Glenda next Monday at 8pm on BBC One.

DS

tammyy2j
02-03-2011, 15:21
I am glad Shirley discovers the truth she deserves better than Phil

LostVoodoo
02-03-2011, 16:57
is the white suit her wedding outfit? i really like it for her!

tammyy2j
03-03-2011, 11:15
So the BEETROOT MAN doesnt die of a heart attack then

I thought you might be asked to be best man for him :p

alan45
03-03-2011, 11:29
I thought you might be asked to be best man for him :p

I was asked but I will be doing something a lot more interesting

Watching Paint Dry :D

tammyy2j
08-03-2011, 14:32
I think Shirley should marry him and then take him for all his worth take the club, pub and garage

Chloe O'brien
09-03-2011, 21:40
But the thing is how many times has Phil been bankrupt and always bouned back. It wasn't all that long ago he was a jukie hooked on cocaine now it's as if his addiction never happened.

alan45
10-03-2011, 00:52
But the thing is how many times has Phil been bankrupt and always bouned back. It wasn't all that long ago he was a jukie hooked on cocaine now it's as if his addiction never happened.

Thats one of the benefits of living in Albert Square, the only place in the world where they can raise the dead apart from the Garden of Gethsemene

Also the Criminal Law there seems to be different to the rest of the UK

alan45
10-04-2012, 21:39
EastEnders actress Linda Henry has predicted that Shirley will not forgive Phil if she finds out Ben murdered Heather.

As the hunt for her late best friend Heather's killer continues, Phil (Steve McFadden) will continue to secretly protect guilty son Ben (Joshua Pascoe) from the police.

Speaking to Soaplife, Henry admitted that the truth about Phil's deception will "feel like the ultimate betrayal" to her alter ego Shirley.

"She'd be absolutely distraught," she added. "She and Phil have been through thick and thin and when he told her he would do anything to stop the hurt she was feeling, she believed him.

"She'd know that Phil would feel obliged to protect Ben because he is family, but I don't think she'd forgive him for it."

In tonight's edition of the Albert Square soap, Ben comes close to confessing to the murder during a talk with his psychiatrist.

BoydJennings
24-05-2013, 19:42
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/feb2011/1/0/eastenders-image-2-671729937.jpg

THESE are the pictures that will spark an EastEnders marriage mystery.

Millions of soap fans will be wondering if hardman Phil Mitchell has actually married long-term girlfriend Shirley Carter. The smiling couple are showered with confetti as they leave the register office but neither is wearing cheap wedding dresses (http://www.robustbuy.com/wedding-events-wedding-dresses-c-1165_1166.html).
Barmaid Shirley further fuels the riddle by wiping the word married from the rear window of the waiting Jaguar.

Phil and Shirleys wedding day will be screened in April.

A show source revealed: It seems strange Phil and Shirley did not exchange rings but they look very happy together, it is a riddle. Shirley blatantly wipes the word married from the back of the car so it only says just.

As with any Mitchell storyline, it is never straightforward.

Phil popped the question to Shirley played by Bad Girls actress Linda Henry, 48, after he nearly died of a heart attack in January. Phil, played by Steve McFadden, 51, has married three times since joining BBC1 soap in 1990. His first wedding was a fake to Romanian Nadia Borovac to get her a visa. He then married Kathy Beale but she fled to South Africa to avoid his drink problem. After having baby Louise, with Lisa Fowler, he then married undercover cop Kate Morton

In 2007, he was due to marry Stella Crawford until he realised she abused his son Ben. She died falling off a roof wearing her wedding dress.

(c) Sunday People

These celebrities comes with license of countless marriages and divorces. I think they live horrible life even with lots of money and fame ...

parkerman
24-05-2013, 21:06
These celebrities comes with license of countless marriages and divorces. I think they live horrible life even with lots of money and fame ...
Er...Phil and Shirley are not real people you know...er...

parkerman
24-05-2013, 21:06
Er...Phil and Shirley are not real people you know...er...

tammyy2j
10-09-2013, 20:37
Shirley still loves him so is a reunion on the cards

monalisa62003
31-10-2013, 03:46
Hey
Been registered on here for ages but never posted. Was looking for another forum and i found this one :)
I love them and have done since 2008(when this thread was started wow) im hoping they still have scenes even when her family come into it. I think theyre made for each other lol:)

monalisa62003
31-10-2013, 03:46
Duplicate

Siobhan
31-10-2013, 07:13
Hey
Been registered on here for ages but never posted. Was looking for another forum and i found this one :)
I love them and have done since 2008(when this thread was started wow) im hoping they still have scenes even when her family come into it. I think theyre made for each other lol:)

Welcome to the boards

Siobhan
31-10-2013, 07:13
Hey

Welcome to the boards

lizann
08-11-2018, 23:25
talk of them being revisited, sleeping together again once he discover sharon's affair

lizann
03-12-2019, 17:36
back on for new year, she deserves better maybe phil will let slip about buster and kathy