PDA

View Full Version : Putin 'promises' UK Eurovision vote

Perdita
17-11-2008, 06:06
Vladimir Putin has promised that he will vote for the UK at next year's Eurovision Song Contest, according to Andrew Lloyd Webber.

The composer has been tasked with finding a UK act to win the competition and set up a new talent show designed to find the best singers and songs for the job. He has also met with Putin to discuss how to restore credibility to the contest, which will be staged in Moscow in 2009.

Lloyd Webber revealed that the UK has the Russian Prime Minister's support. He said: "At least we have got one vote from Mr. Putin."

The UK entry this year was 'Even If' by X Factor runner-up Andy Abraham. The song finished joint last with Poland and Germany, after only scoring votes from Ireland and San Marino.

Russia's winning entry was 'Believe' by Dima Bilan.

:lol:

Abbie
17-11-2008, 19:08
Aww well thats nice :) :lol:

You know what Andrew Loyld webber is putting a lot into this, hes like a Lord just a shame hes not gonna get much outta of it

Chloe O'brien
24-11-2008, 21:41
It will be a complete waste of ALW talent and time, Russia and most of Europe have no intentions of voting for the UK regardless of who is singing. The beeb should just pull out of the comp now and spend the money elsewere.

Abigail
25-11-2008, 11:58
It will be a complete waste of ALW talent and time, Russia and most of Europe have no intentions of voting for the UK regardless of who is singing. The beeb should just pull out of the comp now and spend the money elsewere.

I totally agree. It's time we dropped this charade of thinking we can win every year.

Abbie
25-11-2008, 12:41
I never think we can we win, I dont really watch it for us, I just watch it for my own entertainment and watching other countires
After all its a laugh and it entertains me! we dont always have to care about the winning, its not like its the olympics of singing