PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor - General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Behemoth
27-10-2008, 16:24
Please use this thread to discuss The X Factor in general and to post any news stories you have that don't relate to a specific live show.

Separate threads have been created to discuss the individual live shows and can be found further down the forum.

:cool:

lizann
29-10-2008, 14:27
X FACTOR boss Simon Cowell is trying to fix it for one of the girls to win by giving them extra help behind the scenes.

The canny music mogul has realised the girls are the strongest acts in this year’s show and he is convinced they could all be as big as former winner Leona Lewis.

So Simon, 49, has been on hand to dish out more advice to his new batch of hopefuls, even though none of them are in his category.

A show insider said: “Of course Simon wants to win with one of his boys, but at the end of the day he wants the show to be a winner and that means crowning the most talented star.

“He has made no bones about who he thinks are the strongest singers this year – the girls.”

Sexy singer Alexandra Burke, 19, thanked Simon on Saturday’s live show after he helped her with her rendition of Christina Aguilera’s hit Candyman.

Simon stepped in when Cheryl Cole, 25, was forced to take time out to help promote her band’s new song.

And telly’s Mr Nasty was full of praise for Alexandra.

He told her: “I like you as a singer and a person. What a great performance.”

He was also full of praise for Laura White, 21, hippy babe Diana Vickers and former drug addict Rachel Hylton, 26.

Simon told Laura she was “world class” and said he believed there was something “very special” about Diana, 17.

The music guru lost one of his own proteges when Scott Bruton, 19, below left, became the latest act to be kicked off the show.

But backstage Simon could not hide his pleasure at having such strong female artists in the competition.

“All the girls are amazing and incredibly strong,” he grinned.

London babe Leona Lewis, 23, has turned into a global superstar and earned £6million since she won the show two years ago.

Our show mole added: “Leona’s very special. Everyone on the show is looking for another hit like that.”

Bryan
01-11-2008, 19:30
Simon Cowell has reportedly broken up with his girlfriend of six years, Terri Seymour.

Rumours earlier this year suggested the two were on the verge of a split over Cowell's reluctance to commit.

Now 34-year-old Seymour has apparently told pals that the couple have gone their separate ways.

"We've split up. It's very sad but we decided to go our separate ways. It just wasn't working out between us," she said to friends, according The Mirror.

"There's no one else involved and we want to remain friends."

and...

Sinitta is raising her two children on her own after her husband relocated abroad for work.

Financier Andy Willner has moved to Hong Kong, leaving the singer to bring up three-year-old Magdalena and two-year-old Zac alone.

However, The X Factor star - mentoring assistant to Simon Cowell - insisted that she has not separated from her husband, claiming that the move is "another twist to the tale".

"Has he moved there permanently? Yes. I see us being a family again at some point. I'm not sure how that's going to work out but that's the idea," she told The Mirror. "Not only am I experiencing motherhood for the first time, I'm doing it as a single parent."

She added: "We only see each other every eight weeks. I do miss him."

anyone think they may get back together? or do you reckon Simon will steal Ruth off her fiance? :hmm:

Abbie
02-11-2008, 12:26
I have a theory, that the judges get a bonus if they say something positive about Brain and whats hes done for the acts on the love shows.
I mean lets look at the facts danni isnt one of the fav judges and shes always sucking up to Brian :sick: does my head in!

DaVeyWaVey
02-11-2008, 12:28
The choreography he does is terrible. Even Simon said so last night for some of the acts - he's ruining people's chances, says the same thing like a broken record and doesn't appear to really know anything - he should just get given the boot.

Perdita
02-11-2008, 12:54
Louis Walsh has blamed "sympathy voters" for Daniel Evans's continued progress on The X Factor.

In last night's show, the pool cleaner was criticised by the judges for his performance of 'Don't Leave Me This Way', made famous by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, but he was still voted through to the next round by the public.

Irish judge Walsh hit out on ITV2's Xtra Factor after Evans's mentor Dannii Minogue claimed that he deserved to be backed by voters.

"He has major fans and thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for voting!" Minogue said. "I actually think he did a great performance tonight. I thought that song suited him so well and I loved his performance."

Walsh cut in: "Hey, let's cut to the chase, he's getting the sympathy vote. That's it."

Evans had been in the bottom two last weekend but was eventually saved by Walsh in the judges' vote. He appeared to regret the choice later, admitting that he "fell for the sympathy vote" when asked to make his decision.

DaVeyWaVey
02-11-2008, 12:56
I don't know why Louis is blaming 'sympathy voters' at home. He had a chance to vote him out of the show last week, but he fell for the sympathy vote himself.

*-Rooney-*
02-11-2008, 15:03
im sick of this rivalry between simon and louis, when rachel and austin were in the bottom two, louis had 2 choices - he could pick austin and put simon in the same position as him , with only 1 act left or 2, he could have picked rachel and let it go to deadlock.

I think he only chose austin because he was simon's act.

Abbie
02-11-2008, 15:07
I dont know louis hasnt really been keen on rachel, well he did call her average.
But I think he picked austin, cos he did say, him and the public werent connecting

Bad Wolf
02-11-2008, 15:15
because he came across as desperate!!! i was pleasently surprised last night, he didnt cry as much as i tought - i was expecting them to evacuate the studio in life boats- maybe cowell said- even if you go you'll still get a deal????????

Abbie
02-11-2008, 15:17
I dont think austin will

miccisy
02-11-2008, 15:29
I think Louis voted off Austin just to spike Simon. He knew that if he went Simon would be in the same position as him with 1 act left.

Cant believe Daniel got through. Louis has hated him all the way through and only kept him in last week so that one of Simon's went.

I think Daniel is a disgrace for using his wifes death as sympathy to vote him through. "This song is to my wife and i hope she is lisening" WTF i think hes a total d**Khead for saying that. Basically he means my wifes dead so put me through even though i cant sing.

Bad Wolf
02-11-2008, 15:31
he can sing but its more cruise ship than pop factor

*-Rooney-*
02-11-2008, 16:35
yeah louis def voted for austin out of spite he should have put it into deadlock - rachel was awful last night

Perdita
02-11-2008, 16:54
I agree with Rachel not being as good last night than she has been before. Quite surprised, really

Abbie
02-11-2008, 17:15
I agree with Rachel not being as good last night than she has been before. Quite surprised, really

This is what I mean, wasnt she suppose to the amazing singer that we would see every week

Behemoth
03-11-2008, 01:43
My favourite contestants are Diana and Ruth. Least favourite is Alexandra because I think she came across slightly arrogant in the video before her performance on Saturday; I might be wrong about that though.

*-Rooney-*
03-11-2008, 02:02
i dont like rachel, louis is right she is only average and she is so cocky, she really thinks she is something

Perdita
03-11-2008, 07:42
Britney Spears will appear on The X Factor on November 15, Simon Cowell has confirmed.

The popstar will perform new single 'Womanizer' on the ITV talent search on her first visit to the UK since 2004.

Cowell told the News Of The World: "I'm really excited about it, because she has got her act together and the new record is terrific.

"She has come back from a very dark place and is a terrific artist."

Mariah Carey will perform new single 'I Stay In Love' on the programme this Saturday

Perdita
03-11-2008, 07:43
X Factor contestant Ruth Lorenzo has said she would not date Simon Cowell.

Lorenzo admitted that the recently single judge has a soft spot for her but insisted that she would not consider a relationship.

"Yes, I think it is clear that Simon likes me. I like him a lot too. We see each other almost every day, at the house, but I can assure you I don’t get any special treatment," she told the Daily Star.

"I couldn't accept if he ever asked me out as I already have a boyfriend and I don't think he'd like that very much!"

A source close to the show claimed that Cowell is "crazy" about the 25-year-old, saying: "The chemistry between Simon and Ruth is undeniable and clear for everyone to see. Simon’s face simply lights up whenever he sees [her]."

Doth she protest too much? :hmm: :lol:

tammyy2j
03-11-2008, 10:08
Louis Walsh has blamed "sympathy voters" for Daniel Evans's continued progress on The X Factor.

In last night's show, the pool cleaner was criticised by the judges for his performance of 'Don't Leave Me This Way', made famous by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, but he was still voted through to the next round by the public.

Irish judge Walsh hit out on ITV2's Xtra Factor after Evans's mentor Dannii Minogue claimed that he deserved to be backed by voters.

"He has major fans and thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for voting!" Minogue said. "I actually think he did a great performance tonight. I thought that song suited him so well and I loved his performance."

Walsh cut in: "Hey, let's cut to the chase, he's getting the sympathy vote. That's it."

Evans had been in the bottom two last weekend but was eventually saved by Walsh in the judges' vote. He appeared to regret the choice later, admitting that he "fell for the sympathy vote" when asked to make his decision.

what a hypocrite :angry:

Perdita
05-11-2008, 06:56
Dannii Minogue is set to be given the boot from top rated reality show X Factor after show bosses revealed 'she no longer serves a purpose', it was claimed today.
The 37-year-old Australian pop star who mentors the over 25s, and last year won the show with artist Leon in her first season, won't be asked to return for the next series, sources said.

The 'impeccable' source told Heat magazine: ' Dannii was brought in to initially to be the younger counterpart to Sharon, but since Cheryl Cole arrived, she has replaced Dannii in that role and become much more popular.'

And unfortunately for Dannii, Cheryl's meteroric rise in popularity has left her presence on next year's show is in doubt.
Dannii recently admitted she was 'bemused' by rumours she had fallen out with Cowell, and admitted that he had been scathing about Team Minogue.

But it seems that there is more to it, as show sources say that Simon prefers Cheryl to Dannii, and she could be out of the 2009 line-up.
The source added a comeback from Sharon Osbourne was out of the question. Instead, show bosses plan to hire ' a younger, male judge'.

Despite the rivalry between the two, Dannii revealed that she has been bonding with the Girls Aloud star over clothes.
And as for Louis telling her she's got no chance of winning, she said: 'Louis will see!'.

Meanwhile, Cowell revealed that Cheryl has been left exhausted juggling her role in Girls Aloud with her stint as a judge on the hit show, but he definitely wants HER back.

Simon said: 'It's too early to say if Cheryl will be back. She's drained by it. You've get to get to the end of the show, give it a couple of weeks and go, "Do I wanna do it again?" 'If she says yes we'll welcome her back.'

Perdita
05-11-2008, 09:47
X Factor star Rachel Hylton has decided that she no longer wants to work with Dannii Minogue, reports suggest.

The mother-of-five wants to sack her mentor after finding herself in the bottom two for the first time at the weekend, according to Heatworld.

Hylton has already expressed disappointment after failing to impress the public with her performance of Sister Sledge's 'Lost In Music' on Saturday's show. Meanwhile, Minogue has advised her to "re-evaluate" if she wants to return to form.

An X Factor spokesperson confirmed: "There have been problems with Rachel and Dannii but they're working together to resolve the situation."

The latest developments are a new blow for Minogue, who is already facing rumours that she will be axed after the current series.

Update: Rachel 'fires mentor Minogue'

Rachel Hylton has fired her mentor Dannii Minogue and will work without the assistance of a judge for the rest of The X Factor, according to tabloid reports.

Hylton, who was voted into the bottom two on last week's show, was unhappy with Minogue's song selection in recent weeks.

"There have been some differences of opinion between acts and judges before, but not on this level," a source told The Mirror.

"There is a total breakdown in communication between the two girls with Rachel ultimately feeling that Dannii is failing her."

A crisis meeting was apparently held between the pair following Hylton's disappointing performance last weekend.

The source continued: "It has been bubbling under for weeks, ever since Dannii gave her the Robyn track 'With Every Heartbeat' to sing which didn't really complement her amazing voice.

"But it was the final straw when she ended up in the bottom two. She demanded Dannii had to go."

Minogue will be left with Spanish-born singer Ruth Lorenzo and single dad Daniel Evans in her category.

Previously, an X Factor spokesperson had said: "There have been problems with Rachel and Dannii but they're working together to resolve the situation."

DaVeyWaVey
05-11-2008, 10:10
The X Factor producers should put their foot down and say if you leave Dannii, you leave the show! Surely she would have been given a good song choice this week anyway because it's Mariah Carey week? Rachel shouldn't be allowed to get her own way - she really gets on my wick, fingers crossed she's voted out this weekend.. I'd rather Daniel stayed over her to be honest.

Some other acts have had bad weeks/bad song choices/been in the bottom 2 but they manage to pick themselves up, move on and make the effort to get on with their mentor. Rachel should just enjoy her experience on the X Factor and not ruin it for herself.

I feel sorry for Dannii. For some, this will be another reason to criticise Dannii when I think she's a really decent judge.

Perdita
05-11-2008, 11:42
Rex Features
Rachel Hylton has denied rumours that she has split from her mentor Dannii Minogue.

Tabloid reports claimed the 26-year-old fell out with Minogue after she was voted into the bottom two on last week's show.

In a statement, Hylton admitted she wanted "more control" over her performances, but insisted she is still working with the judge.

"Dannii and I talked yesterday and I don't have anything against Dannii at all and she is still very much my mentor," she said.

"I respect her opinions, all I want is a little more control over my performance and styling, which she is allowing me to have. But I am a fully fledged member of Team Minogue."

Minogue commented: "Rachel and I have not fallen out and there has never been any discussions that she wishes to leave Team Minogue.

"I have, as always, spent lots of one-on-one time with Rachel this week and have even organised a personal shopping trip so she feels more confident about her look."

An X Factor spokesperson added: "Being in the bottom two last week knocked Rachel's confidence and the pair have agreed that Rachel will have more ownership over her song choice and styling of the performance this weekend. But she is still very much part of Team Minogue."

I bet that they might have wanted her to leave the contest alltogether if she no longer had Dannii as her mentor, which would have been the correct thing to do imo.

Bryan
05-11-2008, 13:23
Rachel needs to cut all ties with that sap Danni, she is useless and the fact she thinks she's worthy of giving advice to acts is an aboslute joke, her carrer has sucked from start to finish, there's much more talented and sucessful artists out there that could take her place as a judge and could offer more to the show and to the contestants.

I abosultley loved it when Danni criticised someone a couple of weeks ago and some one in the crowd shouted "Who ARE you?" LMAO! :lol:

I just hope one week one of the contestants says to her "You aint no Kylie" I'd pay good money to see that! :D

X Factor 6 - Danni Out! Mrs O Back! Let's get a petition on the go people!

Perdita
05-11-2008, 14:00
You would get my signature on that petition, that is for sure. I really miss Sharon. :crying:

tammyy2j
05-11-2008, 15:32
Rachel wouldnt be in the live shows if Danni hadnt put her through.

I agree i'd love to see Sharon back and Danni and Cheryl gone

Abbie
05-11-2008, 15:53
Right so Rachel is still with danni? that was coonfused, I really dont think rachel is gonna survive much longer anyway

tammyy2j
05-11-2008, 16:41
Right so Rachel is still with danni? that was coonfused, I really dont think rachel is gonna survive much longer anyway

Latest Tabliod Report

Rachel Hylton has denied rumours that she has split from her mentor Dannii Minogue.

Tabloid reports claimed the 26-year-old fell out with Minogue after she was voted into the bottom two on last week's show.

In a statement, Hylton admitted she wanted "more control" over her performances, but insisted she is still working with the judge.

"Dannii and I talked yesterday and I don't have anything against Dannii at all and she is still very much my mentor," she said.

"I respect her opinions, all I want is a little more control over my performance and styling, which she is allowing me to have. But I am a fully fledged member of Team Minogue."

Minogue commented: "Rachel and I have not fallen out and there has never been any discussions that she wishes to leave Team Minogue.

"I have, as always, spent lots of one-on-one time with Rachel this week and have even organised a personal shopping trip so she feels more confident about her look."

An X Factor spokesperson added: "Being in the bottom two last week knocked Rachel's confidence and the pair have agreed that Rachel will have more ownership over her song choice and styling of the performance this weekend. But she is still very much part of Team Minogue."

CrazyLea
05-11-2008, 16:52
Sharon is much worse than Dannii.

Abbie
05-11-2008, 18:06
Danni just hasnt got a clue what shes doing, she always picks odd songs

*-Rooney-*
05-11-2008, 20:29
i like sharon, and cheryl not fond of dannii though.

and as of what i read about rachel blaming dannii for her being in the bottom 2 last week, that was down to her singing - plain and simple she was awful last week and should have went

CrazyLea
05-11-2008, 21:07
I hope Rachel does pick her own song, and ends up in the bottom two again. Who she gonna blame then? The dancers? :rolleyes:

Chris_2k11
05-11-2008, 21:07
Theres no way I wanna see Sharon back again, im sick of her cocky attitude in the papers. she seems to think shes queen bee and above everyone else on the show. Dannii isn't half as bad as people make out, atleast she doesn't cause a big scene chucking water in the air like Sharon used to for a bit of publicity and attention.

and its Rachel whos messed this up for herself with poor performances every week, sorry but her voice isn't that great/original at all infact I think its quite annoying and her attitude stinks most of the time, you can tell she doesn't like been told what to do which won't get her very far in this industry. I wish she'd gone on Saturday now instead of Austin.

*-Rooney-*
05-11-2008, 21:20
the only reason austin went was because he was in simons group and louis had the final say.

Austin going put simon in the same position as him with only 1 act left which really sucks if you ask me.

Perdita
09-11-2008, 13:23
Cheryl Cole has criticised X Factor voters and her fellow judges in the aftermath of Laura White's shock elimination.

The Girls Aloud singer admitted that she was furious to see White competing against Ruth Lorenzo in the final showdown and blamed "sympathy voters" for the result.

"They're not voting on talent, that's for definite. They're definitely not voting on the talent," Cole told Xtra Factor host Holly Willoughby. "That's been proven tonight."

"Do you know what, I've sat at home and done it myself - voted for people I like, people I've felt sorry for on the evening," she continued. "That's just how this show goes. But I'm actually stunned both of those girls were in the bottom two. I'm shocked."

Later, Cole claimed that Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh had only voted to save Lorenzo because they wanted to protect their own acts.

"I actually feel numb. I feel shocked," she explained. "I think it might have been a bit tactical if I'm totally honest with you."

Cole's 'Girls' category is now represented by Alexandra Burke and Diana Vickers. Meanwhile, Dannii Minogue is the only judge to have three acts remaining in the competition.

DaVeyWaVey
09-11-2008, 13:31
Sounds like Cheryl acting like a sore loser to me.

*-Rooney-*
09-11-2008, 13:45
well it sounds like everything she has said is spot on

Abbie
09-11-2008, 15:52

Not really she is spot on my mum said before I watched it this morning cos she didnt tell me who went so I didnt know anything she just said, I think they had some tactical voting going on.
So when she said that I knew daniel was still there
If they were voting on talent Daniel would have been long gone. And Austin would have been still there too.
There have even been facebook groups started to get daniel out!

DaVeyWaVey
09-11-2008, 17:15
It's up to the public though over who stays and who goes.. more viewers obviously voted for Daniel than Laura, so the public should be blamed for Daniel still being in, so I agree with Cheryl in a way there..

But Simon dealt with Austin going last week and he was mature enough to not throw accusations about over tactical voting, so I don't see why Cheryl needs to act childish just because she's lost one act and make accusations that Simon and Louis were tactically voting. She is bound to lose an act eventually - it's the whole point of the show.

Abbie
09-11-2008, 17:17
I dont think Cheryl is childish, whats she saying is true, simon does this for a job though and plus hes way more childish on the show and some of the things hes say are awful anyway. Laura was great and imo better than austin anyway and again should have went

Abi
09-11-2008, 17:33

Laura didn't deserve to go, no wonder she is pissed off. It was an awfull choice in the bottom two (Should have been Daniel and Rachel IMO).

Perdita
09-11-2008, 17:35
Diana and Rachel certainly have boosted my funds in celebdaq.:lol:

tammyy2j
10-11-2008, 12:17
Cheryl Cole has criticised X Factor voters and her fellow judges in the aftermath of Laura White's shock elimination.

The Girls Aloud singer admitted that she was furious to see White competing against Ruth Lorenzo in the final showdown and blamed "sympathy voters" for the result.

"They're not voting on talent, that's for definite. They're definitely not voting on the talent," Cole told Xtra Factor host Holly Willoughby. "That's been proven tonight."

"Do you know what, I've sat at home and done it myself - voted for people I like, people I've felt sorry for on the evening," she continued. "That's just how this show goes. But I'm actually stunned both of those girls were in the bottom two. I'm shocked."

Later, Cole claimed that Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh had only voted to save Lorenzo because they wanted to protect their own acts.

"I actually feel numb. I feel shocked," she explained. "I think it might have been a bit tactical if I'm totally honest with you."

Cole's 'Girls' category is now represented by Alexandra Burke and Diana Vickers. Meanwhile, Dannii Minogue is the only judge to have three acts remaining in the competition.

I personally think Ruth is more talented than Laura and gave a better performance in the sing off

Shayne Ward performed Somewhere Over The Rainbow the best on X Factor

Trinity
10-11-2008, 12:35
Neither of the girls should have been in the final two - but the Great British public put them there.

Of the two of them Ruth was the strongest, and of the two Laura deserved to go. That doesn't mean she was the weakest in the show and I firmly believe that Daniel and Rachel are both weaker singers.

That said - Daniel is actually a better singer than Rachel, his problem is his lack of originality and lack of image. He doesn't have the X factor.

tammyy2j
10-11-2008, 14:14
Shouldnt Diana still have in contention in the vote

It was kinda unfair that she was automatically through to next week :angry:

megan999
10-11-2008, 16:42
SOURCE: DAILY MIRROR
Good riddance Laura - the people have spoken
By Kev O’Sullivan on Nov 10, Laura White arising from one of the most dramatic weekends in X Factor history…

It’s only my humble opinion – but I never rated Laura White that much. The most striking thing about her was her orange face.

As for that awful booming voice, it sounded like a pub singer trying to impersonate Shirley Bassey.

But boy did Laura Orange have a high opinion of herself!

After her lacklustre performance she looked almost outraged that the public had voted her into the bottom two. And, be honest, Ruth Lorenzo smashed Laura in the sing-off.

Simon, Cheryl and the gang should stop moaning about viewers’ voting habits.

If people want to keep dire Daniel Evans and off key jailbird Rachel Hylton – that’s up to them. It’s the nature of the show.

Lastly, can I just say that I think Mariah Carey is rubbish. Cowell’s declaration that boring Ms Middle Of The Road is “the biggest star in the world” was breathtakingly wrong.

-----> I agree that Laura was weaker than Ruth in the sing-off, but this was a bit harsh!

Trinity
10-11-2008, 17:18
OMG - this has been mentioned in Parliament!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7720144.stm

Why don't they get back to running the country!!!!

DaVeyWaVey
10-11-2008, 17:45
I agree with the TV critic in that article - it's a Saturday night entertainment show that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

megan999
10-11-2008, 17:51
OMG - this has been mentioned in Parliament!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7720144.stm

Why don't they get back to running the country!!!!

That was well funny, thanks for posting that! Eoghan's hair should win the X Factor :D

Abbie
10-11-2008, 18:05
Shouldnt Diana still have in contention in the vote

It was kinda unfair that she was automatically through to next week :angry:

But this has happened before a person was allowed through cos its very serious circumstances but once they were ill for the second week, they has to leave
Like abi said, wouldnt you wnat that to happen to someone you liked?

Abbie
10-11-2008, 18:16
I agree with the TV critic in that article - it's a Saturday night entertainment show that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Thats true but at the same time, I know its soudns cheesy but it is people lives and jobs that really are gonna change, and when someone like laura goes who had a great voice and has been great for weeks goes its shame. And yes she has a weak week but she could have been amazing next week and proved to be a finalist, and then you have daniel where I mean how successful would he be compared to how laura good have been.
It is an entertainment show but theres a career at the end of it, unlike strictly which is pure entertainment, its just by chance that a few careers have been an outcome from that show

Perdita
10-11-2008, 18:20
I would not be surprised if we hear more of Laura though. I can imagine that a recording contract will come her way.

Chris_2k11
10-11-2008, 20:42
I would not be surprised if we hear more of Laura though. I can imagine that a recording contract will come her way.I really hope so

*-Rooney-*
10-11-2008, 20:45
I would not be surprised if we hear more of Laura though. I can imagine that a recording contract will come her way.

I was just saying that to my friend yesterday

Abi
11-11-2008, 17:13
Diana has been told that she is fit to sing again now. She's not allowed to over do it though, in case she strains it and makes it bad again. It's good news for her, i think. Must be hard to sit at home watching the show when you are meant to be on it. Hopefully she pulls off an amazing performance on Saturday to show all the grumpy people that the producers were right in letting her have the week off.

lizann
11-11-2008, 17:17
Diana has been told that she is fit to sing again now. She's not allowed to over do it though, in case she strains it and makes it bad again. It's good news for her, i think. Must be hard to sit at home watching the show when you are meant to be on it. Hopefully she pulls off an amazing performance on Saturday to show all the grumpy people that the producers were right in letting her have the week off.

She should have still be in contention and you should still have been able to vote instead of her getting a automatic pass :angry:

Laura White is gone all move on :lweek:

Abi
11-11-2008, 17:22

She should have still be in contention and you should still have been able to vote instead of her getting a automatic pass :angry:

Laura White is gone all move on :lweek:

Vote for what? It is meant to be a singing competition. She couldn't sing. Therefore they let her have the week off to get better. How could people have voted for her, when she didn't perform?

Abbie
11-11-2008, 17:45
Thats good news :) It must have been awful for her though, I mean we saw her crying so much last week

lizann
11-11-2008, 19:52
The public and the judges could vote for Diana based on previous performances

Sorry to say again but its unfair that she gets a automatic pass

Abbie
11-11-2008, 20:05
But its happened before, and its been fine, these were serious circumstances, woudlnt you want a act you like to go though,I mean its hardly fair

lizann
11-11-2008, 20:10
But its happened before, and its been fine, these were serious circumstances, woudlnt you want a act you like to go though,I mean its hardly fair

I cant remember it happening before on X Factor

Even it was an acted i supported it would still be unfair

I wondering would the same have happened for someone like Daniel :hmm:

Perdita
11-11-2008, 20:23
I am sure this would have happened to all contestants. Even if this had happened to Daniel, who I don't like, I would support him staying in the competition if he is ill and can't perform.

Abi
11-11-2008, 20:42

I cant remember it happening before on X Factor

Even it was an acted i supported it would still be unfair

I wondering would the same have happened for someone like Daniel :hmm:

It happened on Pop Idol with Ric Waller. He was given one week off, then when he didn't get better, Darius replaced him. Not the same show, but its the same format.

Perdita
12-11-2008, 06:10
CROAKY X Factor teen Diana Vickers may be out of for another week.
The star, 17, missed out on Saturday due to laryngitis.

Bosses fear she won’t recover before this weekend’s Best Of British-themed show.

Watch this space.

From The Sun

tammyy2j
12-11-2008, 10:37
CROAKY X Factor teen Diana Vickers may be out of for another week.
The star, 17, missed out on Saturday due to laryngitis.

Bosses fear she won’t recover before this weekend’s Best Of British-themed show.

Watch this space.

From The Sun

She should not get another pass this week :angry:

Perdita
12-11-2008, 10:39
X Factor’s Diana Vickers is at the centre of furious fix speculation after evidence suggested she was well enough to sing last Saturday.

Fans suspect she may have ducked out so she could not be voted off. Now with big rival Laura White out of the way Diana has a clear run at the title.

A 21,000-signature online petition to bring Laura back after what Ladbrokes called “the biggest upset in X Factor history” is thick with talk of backstage plots.

One theory is Diana did not have laryngitis and she threw a sicky because she would have struggled with Mariah Carey week as the songs do not suit her voice.

Others say say Laura and Alexandra are too similar to Leona Lewis and X Factor boss Simon Cowell does not want a rival to his star – so Diana is getting preferential treatment. Talk of a fix was fuelled by footage of Diana taken three nights before the show featuring her shouting, not easy with laryngitis.

The film, shown on the Xtra Factor on Saturday, shows Diana well and in good voice with the other contestants enjoying Wednesday’s fireworks night.

But she reportedly started complaining about her voice the previous Sunday. Then she missed rehearsals all week and was confined to bed unable to speak.

The Mirror has been bombarded with emails and calls asking how ill Diana was.

One reader Phil Stephens said: “Diana screeched and yelled without any pain yet she couldn’t sing in the show. FiXed Factor should be its correct title.”

Cheryl Cole admitted on ITV2’s Xtra Factor on Saturday night the voting that got rid of Laura “might have been tactical”.

Online petitioner Lauren Ross said: “An absolute disgrace. Rachel should have been booted off or the show should have been cancelled because Diana did not sing and she could have been awful.”

Katie Tolley added: “Oh my God! Laura should not have been kicked off. Something is definitely wrong.”

An X Factor spokesman said: “Diana was under strict doctor’s orders not to perform.”

Perdita
12-11-2008, 11:36
Ousted X Factor contestant Laura White has been offered a record deal, her father has revealed.

Adrian, 50, told The Mirror: "We're waiting to see what they have to say."

A petition in support of the 21-year-old has apparently gathered more than 21,000 signatures since she was controversially voted off the talent show on Saturday night.

Her dad said he believes her exit was a result of "mud-slinging" after a tabloid claimed she was dating a producer on the show.

He said her boyfriend Matthew Firsht just arranges audience tickets. "I'm her dad and I would always defend her but she really is squeaky clean. Laura got no special treatment - she queued up for hours just like the rest of them."

Following White's departure from the show, which was raised in the House Of Commons, the finalist posted some of her own material on a website for unsigned talent.

:cheer: :thumbsup:

Perdita
12-11-2008, 11:39
Simon Cowell has been offered a lifetime's supply of free food from roadside restaurant chain Little Chef.

The X Factor judge recently commented that he would rather dine in a Little Chef than eat French cuisine, which he hates.

The firm was so pleased with the backhanded compliment that it has crowned him an "honorary member of the team".

"We don't bestow the title of honorary member of the team on just anyone. We've invited him to his local Little Chef for a meal," chief executive Ian Pegler told The Sun

:lol:

Abbie
12-11-2008, 23:21
Simon Cowell has been offered a lifetime's supply of free food from roadside restaurant chain Little Chef.

The X Factor judge recently commented that he would rather dine in a Little Chef than eat French cuisine, which he hates.

The firm was so pleased with the backhanded compliment that it has crowned him an "honorary member of the team".

"We don't bestow the title of honorary member of the team on just anyone. We've invited him to his local Little Chef for a meal," chief executive Ian Pegler told The Sun

:lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: HA! love it! :p

Perdita
13-11-2008, 04:21
Cheryl Cole has reportedly caught laryngitis from her X Factor contestant Diana Vickers.

According to The Mirror, Cole fell ill after Saturday's live show. Vickers was forced to pull out of last weekend's episode because of the bug.

The Girls Aloud singer is also rumoured be suffering from stress following Laura White's exit last week.

"She took the day off on Monday to recuperate and even postponed promotional work," said a source.

"Her schedule is packed right up until the show and she is doing her best to get well. She can hardly speak, her throat is so bad."

Rach33
13-11-2008, 23:06
The public and the judges could vote for Diana based on previous performances

Sorry to say again but its unfair that she gets a automatic pass

Completely agree especially as she was seen shouting her mouth off at fireworks that week somehing tells me she couldn't handle Mariah week

Chris_2k11
13-11-2008, 23:33
LMAO seen this :D

YouTube - BoSelecta - Diana Vickers X-factor 2008

Perdita
14-11-2008, 06:14
DIANA Vickers is still in agony with laryngitis — but WILL perform tomorrow no matter what.

The 17-year-old X Factor favourite is having trouble even talking but has vowed to take to the stage after missing last week’s live show.

The ITV1 talent hit’s creative director Brian Friedman told TV Biz: “I was with Diana in rehearsals yesterday.

“Her throat still hurts, she couldn’t talk at full volume, she was having trouble swallowing — but she wants to perform. Diana is going to go on stage no matter what this week.”

The teen from Blackburn, Lancs, was back at a doctor in London’s Harley Street yesterday for a throat check.

She missed last week’s show on doctor’s orders, upsetting some viewers as she got a free pass through while Laura White, 21, sang but got the boot.

Her fellow finalists were also sent for check-ups to ensure they were bug-free.

But they passed fit and will join Diana for the Best of British-themed episode.

inkyskin
14-11-2008, 08:28
didn't that rick waller leave the show because he couldn't perform?...and he had a really great voice.
Personally i think diana should've gone,if you can't perform then you're out...let's hope that the public vote her off this week to prove a point.

surely if she doesn't get any votes she'll go.:searchme:

Abi
14-11-2008, 12:33
didn't that rick waller leave the show because he couldn't perform?...and he had a really great voice.
Personally i think diana should've gone,if you can't perform then you're out...let's hope that the public vote her off this week to prove a point.

Thats kinda like saying that if you have a sick day from work, then you get sacked.

*-Rooney-*
14-11-2008, 12:38
no its not but this is a singing contest, if u cant sing then it kind of defeats the purpose, and laura managed to sing through a throat infection and survive one week

Abbie
14-11-2008, 17:24

Thats kinda like saying that if you have a sick day from work, then you get sacked.

Exactly, I mean I still dont understand why people have a problem with it, Its happened before and its not like people wasted their votes for her to go through anyway, cos votes cant be made in the week.
I think it should be allowed for the one week and it was

Abbie
14-11-2008, 17:25
no its not but this is a singing contest, if u cant sing then it kind of defeats the purpose, and laura managed to sing through a throat infection and survive one week

Yes but Dainas was much worse, looking from what weve seen and all the dcotors reports, lauras would have been a bad short one, but nothing like dianas

Bryan
14-11-2008, 18:47
guess who's coming to my local nightclub in Southampton? :D Haha she don't miss a trick does she! :lol:

*-Rooney-*
14-11-2008, 20:04
guess who's coming to my local nightclub in Southampton? :D Haha she don't miss a trick does she! :lol:

who?????????????

Abbie
14-11-2008, 22:31
:lol: yeah, who?

*-Rooney-*
15-11-2008, 00:28
thanks i thought i sounded dumb asking lol

Perdita
15-11-2008, 06:58
THE brother of X Factor star Rachel Hylton is awaiting trial for a knife murder, The Sun can reveal.
Rachel, who broke down in tears on TV last week, is in turmoil after brother Khyrie, 17, was accused of stabbing an alleged love rival while wearing a Scream mask.

He allegedly knifed student Yusufu Miiro 16 times in the head and chest outside a flat where the victim’s girlfriend lived.

Hylton — said to be her former boyfriend — is alleged to have been furious at their relationship.

Rachel, 26, has been interviewed by police attempting to establish where her brother was when 20-year-old Yusufu was killed on July 10 this year.

On ITV’s X Factor last Saturday, the wannabe singer wept in front of presenter Dermot O’Leary. She was told by judge Cheryl Cole she seemed “really emotional”.

A family friend told The Sun: “The truth is that throughout the whole of the X Factor series Rachel has been trying to deal with her brother’s situation.

“She is very close to him and is incredibly upset that he has been charged with this awful crime.

“Frankly, it’s amazing that she has managed to cope with it all and not break down.”

Yusufu was murdered in Walthamstow, East London, as he went out for takeaway food.

He was studying criminology at Middlesex University and dreamed of becoming a detective.

Hylton went to police the following month. He was charged and remanded in custody.

Rachel, a mother-of-five, has had a troubled life. She ran away from home aged 12 and put herself into care.

By 13 she was a drug addict and a single mother.

Advertisement

Rachel went on to have four more children by different fathers.

Her three oldest children were taken into care because of her drug abuse.

When she was 18, Rachel was given 60 hours community service and 18 months probation for attacking a woman in the street.

Just four months later, she burgled a house and was locked up for 18 months.

On her release in 2002, Rachel went into rehab and kicked drugs.

She is now a devout Christian and lives in Stanmore, North West London, with her two youngest children.

The family friend said: “Rachel has got her life on track and is a very different person to what she used to be.

“That is why she is so upset about Khyrie being charged with murder.

Yusufu had come to Britain from Uganda in 2002 and lived in Leyton, East London, with his stepfather and two stepbrothers and sisters.

Stepdad Yusef Nsubuga paid an emotional tribute after the murder, saying: “My son was a good person. He was always a polite and obedient person. He never caused trouble with anyone.”

Relative Fatima Kabasinguzi said: “He never got into a fight. He was never involved in any gangs.

“If he ever saw trouble he would just run away from it. He was also a good student.”

The case has now been committed to the Old Bailey and the next hearing is due to take place on November 27.

I hope this does not get mentioned tonight for more sympathy votes :angry:

Bryan
15-11-2008, 10:44

little miss queen bee who's been hogging the news the past week - laura

Bryan
15-11-2008, 16:41

little miss queen bee who's been hogging the news the past week - laura

just gone and brought a couple of tickets, only a fiver each - what a joke haha. not quite the millions she was hoping, the club only holds 500 people haha. They wanted to charge 20 quid for VIP tickets, so we can go and sit with her and have a buffet, why would be pay an extra fifteen quid for a sausage roll and an X Factor reject.

Cheap drinks at that club, so we should be drunk enough when she comes on, will be a laugh :D :lol:

Abbie
15-11-2008, 20:49
Awww I like Laura, I wish I could see her

Abbie
15-11-2008, 21:20
Brian said his famous line tonight: If they mess this up ("dramatic pause") its gonna be a disaster

Chloe O'brien
15-11-2008, 22:45
Eoghan Quigg is on course to win The X Factor after topping the viewer vote every week, according to a report.

The Daily Star claims that Quigg has been "comfortably" ahead of his rival contestants, including bookies' favourite Diana Vickers, throughout the competition.

"It's not even close. Eoghan's captured the public's imagination this year," an insider told the newspaper. "It's like the George Sampson effect in Britain's Got Talent - an innocent-looking young lad is attracting huge numbers of votes.

"He was singing first last week, normally the worst position, but he still beat everyone. It'll take a miracle for anyone else to win."

A previous 'voting leak' report (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a135081/x-factor-stars-rocked-by-voting-leak.html) named Quigg, Vickers and JLS as the frontrunners this year, while axed singer Laura White, Alexandra Burke and Dannii Minogue's 'Over 25s' were said to be trailing behind.

sindydoll
16-11-2008, 12:10

little miss queen bee who's been hogging the news the past week - laurashe is going to the reebok has well
https://secure.ticketline.co.uk/event/selectTickets/eventId/13230503

lizann
17-11-2008, 10:41
Louis Walsh has claimed that Cheryl Cole is "getting away with murder" on The X Factor.

The Irish judge criticised Cole for her reaction to Laura White's shock elimination from the ITV1 talent series last weekend.

Girls Aloud star Cole accused Walsh and Simon Cowell of voting tactically when they chose to save Ruth Lorenzo rather than White in the final showdown.

However, speaking to The People, Walsh insisted: "I did not do it to spite Cheryl. Cheryl has two girls already through. What did she want? Three girls in the bloody final!

"If Cheryl had her way, she thinks it's going to be handed to her on a plate because it's her first year in X Factor. She gets away with murder. But it's the public who control the show."

Walsh added that Cole should start blaming herself for White's exit rather than complaining about her fellow judges.

"I thought Cheryl's choice of song for Laura was a disaster," he explained. "It was Mariah Carey week and she gave Laura the Lionel Richie song 'Endless Love' and put her behind the piano. She sounded atrocious, it's as simple as that."

Cheryl Cole is irriating me more and more :angry:

miccisy
17-11-2008, 14:46
Cheryl Cole is the worst judge the show has ever had. I think Louis is totally right what he's says about her getting away with everything.

She never hardly gives any proper comments about peoples singing apart from when her own acts sing.
She just kind of goes "i really like you, your a cutie" or "that wasnt a great song choice" which annoys me so much cos she never goes "that was a great song, you sang great" if you get me.
But as soon as hers come on shes like "your great, your singing was great, your gunna win, etc, etc, etc".

But if one of the other judges criticises her acts or her song choices she goes all moody like a child.

I hope she isnt a judge next year cos i dont think i will be able to put up with her moaning and whining about what the other judges say all the time.

megan999
17-11-2008, 18:11
IMO Cheryl acts like a spoiled brat when she doen't get her own way. So Laura is out. Big deal. She'll get lots of offers, I'm sure. Daniel is out, yay! About blooming time. Rachel to go next. She just sounds like an Amy Winehouse copycat. Alexandra to win!!!:cheer:Diana was bad, but that's probably just down to her throat problem. Wrong song choice for her though.

Abbie
17-11-2008, 18:40
Fair enough its true what louis said that the public should of voted personally I felt the way he said it, it was like well if the public didnt vote I'll just vote her off anyway, he just sounded a bit spitefull in my mind.
Anyway moving on cos as everyone has said Laura has gone.....

Well I still love Cheryl as a judge, I mean danni is a load of rubbish and before danni we had brian and what a load of rubbish he was and still is

DaVeyWaVey
17-11-2008, 18:44
I actually prefer Dannii to Cheryl. I don't understand why Dannii gets a lot of criticism really.. I find her comments are a lot more constructive than Cheryl's (in my opinion) and she seems to really care about her acts. I feel sorry for Dannii but she comes across as being really strong because despite all the criticism she gets in the papers etc, she carries on regardless and doesn't let any of it effect her.

Abbie
17-11-2008, 18:59
I just think danni is bad at picking songs and theres something about her that I cant stand, I just cant find the words to describe it

*-Rooney-*
17-11-2008, 19:01
I like cheryl and i hope she is back next year, i hope the rumours about sharon coming back and danni leaving are true cos i really dont like dannii

lizann
17-11-2008, 19:37
Many people have been speculating that this years X Factor series will be the last for Australian judge, Dannii Minogue and this week Heat magazine have reported that Simon Cowell is considering replacing her with a young male judge instead.

“Dannii was brought in initially to be the younger counterpart to Sharon, but since Cheryl arrived, she has replaced Dannii in that role and become so much more popular. It’s doubtful Dannii will be here for the next series,” a source reportedly told Heat.

NO WAY NO WAY :thumbsdow

Simon Cowell is said to be on the lookout for a young male judge for next year’s X Factor and Gareth Gates is said to be a front runner for the job.

An insider told The Daily Star: “Like Cheryl, Gareth knows all about this sort of show as he was runner-up in the first Pop Idol series in 2002.

Gareth has a huge fan base and has sold more than 3.5million records.

Although he’s not recording any more, he knows better than most what competitions like the X Factor are all about.”

Bad Wolf
17-11-2008, 19:54
ha ha ha ha!!!! gareth ive no recording contract gates?????? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha if they are replacing danni- surely the only realistic option is sir gary of barlow?

*-Rooney-*
17-11-2008, 20:01
yeah gary barlow would be a good judge

Abbie
17-11-2008, 20:03
yeah gary barlow would be a good judge

:D yeah he would

tammyy2j
18-11-2008, 12:05
Gary Barlow or Robbie Williams would be good choices as judges

get rid of Cheryl and Dannii

*-Rooney-*
18-11-2008, 12:32
no not robbie

Trinity
18-11-2008, 14:43
I think that Dannii is a good judge, she may not be quite such a good mentor though - her choice of songs etc. And I think that she gives Brian too much of a free rain with his 'interpretation' of songs.

Gary Barlow would be excellent. Thorough knowledge of music - experience of song writing (successfully) as well as performing.

Robbie Williams - unreliable egoist - this show is supposed to be about nurturing and producing talent, it shouldn't be so much about the judges.

Sharon Osborne was the same Me! Me! Me!

Bryan
18-11-2008, 16:17
As much as I fail to see why Dann is there, with her being a useless musician, she is actually a fairly ok judge, better than Cheryl in my opinion. She does give constructive criticsm, and tends to care about her asks. I think I just get annoyed at the fact that she's in that position when she hasn't got much experience of the music industry, she's no Kylie Minouge at the end of the day.

I expected better things of Cheryl if I'm honest, in the auditions it seemed she'd be great, but she's been a bit of a let down.

Good lord, Gary Barlow as a judge, no way, I'd swicth off. I reckon the panel will stay the same next year if i'm honest. The show needs to focus on the acts and not the ego-centric judges.

CrazyLea
19-11-2008, 01:53
I was just chatting with my mum and she just made me fume kinda.

I think the reason the people who don't like Dannii; whether that be as a person, or as a judge is simply because... "She is not Kylie".

Whether you like her or not, she has got a good voice and she is a good judge.. but people can't see passed the whole. "She's Kylie's sister... she's not as good".... of course she isn't as good as Kylie... neither is Cheryl or Simon at singing.. does that make them not good judges. NO. It doesn't.

I now feel sorry for Dannii as she is constantly compared to Kylie. She HAS got a good voice. Bet 90% of the people on this board alone who don't like her, can't sing as well as her?? I know I can't sing as well as her...

If she wasn't Kylie's sister then hardley any of the people who do say bad things about her would say it... I think personally..

From a quick glance up.. even Bryan mentioned Kylie...

She is her own person, and I think she should not have to follow in her sister's shadow that is wrong.. would you want to follow in your sister's shadow???

Abi
19-11-2008, 02:26

I think the reason the people who don't like Dannii; whether that be as a person, or as a judge is simply because... "She is not Kylie".

Whether you like her or not, she has got a good voice and she is a good judge.. but people can't see passed the whole. "She's Kylie's sister... she's not as good".... of course she isn't as good as Kylie... neither is Cheryl or Simon at singing.. does that make them not good judges. NO. It doesn't.

I now feel sorry for Dannii as she is constantly compared to Kylie. She HAS got a good voice. Bet 90% of the people on this board alone who don't like her, can't sing as well as her?? I know I can't sing as well as her...

If she wasn't Kylie's sister then hardley any of the people who do say bad things about her would say it... I think personally..

She is her own person, and I think she should not have to follow in her sister's shadow that is wrong.. would you want to follow in your sister's shadow???

Even if you don't compare her to Kylie, she still hasn't been that successfull. I can't even name one song that she has released, let alone one that got to number one.

*-Rooney-*
19-11-2008, 04:27

Even if you don't compare her to Kylie, she still hasn't been that successfull. I can't even name one song that she has released, let alone one that got to number one.

minogue or not she hasnt been a success - lets be honest, she had a short lived soap career in home and away and then was a singer for a little while (not very successfull), if it wasnt for her being kylies sister she wouldnt be known today

Trinity
19-11-2008, 13:00

minogue or not she hasnt been a success - lets be honest, she had a short lived soap career in home and away and then was a singer for a little while (not very successfull), if it wasnt for her being kylies sister she wouldnt be known today

Trinity
19-11-2008, 13:07
[quote=Abi;626255][quote=CrazyLea;626254]

You are so wrong.

Dannii, although two years younger than Kylie, was a singing sensation on Young Talent Time in Australia. She was a weekly regular and her sucess totally overshadowed Kylie's early acting (i.e. pre neighbours).

Dannii has been a recording artist in Australia since 1989 and in the UK she has had 11 number one dance hits. She is a 'dance' artist.

I agree that she has not hit the megastardom that Kylie has over the past 20 years, but her record stands alone.

Give her a break.

Remember just because you haven't heard of something someone has done doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

miccisy
19-11-2008, 14:22
I may be the only person here but personally i cannot stand Kylie Minogue i much prefer Dannii.

Also i think Dannii is a great judge. People say that she has bad song choices sometimes but so do the other judges. On the first week Simon admitted that he had given a crap song to Scott i think it was.

People say Dannii is a horrible judge but whos 2 acts were in the final last year?!?!?!

Gareth Gates would be a stupid judge. He hasnt been in the public eye for a few years and i dont think he knows enough about music to be holding some elses fait in his hands. Much like Cheryl. She is a horrible judge. If you have no talent yourself then how can you be a judge?

Simon and Louis are both sucessful managers and have been doing it for years. Dannii has been singing for years and just because people dont know her songs doesnt mean she has sung them. Like Trinity said she is a dance artist and has had a lot of songs out in the past.

What has Cheryl done for the music industry? Bring out rubbish song after rubbish song. That always sound the same. Im sorry if people like Girls Aloud but i just cannot stand them.

I think if Dannii leaves and Cheryl is still there next year i wont be tuning in.

Siobhan
19-11-2008, 14:24
I would like to see a member of the general public been a judge.. after all it is us who buy this music, us who vote for these people so why can one of us be a judge?

Failing that.. bring on the HOFF :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

lizann
19-11-2008, 15:37
Rhydian Roberts has claimed that Dannii Minogue is being treated unfairly in the press this year.

The former X Factor runner-up spoke out in defence of Minogue following recent criticism of her mentoring skills and use of plastic surgery.

"I think people lay into Dannii too much," Roberts admitted. "She's got quite a lot of depth, she's very intelligent and I think she's pretty damn hot."

Asked about new judge Cheryl Cole, he replied: "I don't know Cheryl so well, so I can't really say. I'd be happy if either of them asked me out on a date. Everybody's talking about Cheryl, but remember that Dannii is older than Cheryl, so I think Dannii looks pretty damn good."

Roberts also revealed that he remains in regular contact with Minogue, who was his mentor on the ITV1 talent series in 2007.

"Me and Dannii text each other once a week," he explained. "It's mostly flirting. There's always a little bit of that going on between Dannii and myself."

lizann
19-11-2008, 15:37
Charlotte Church has reportedly questioned Cheryl Cole's suitability as an X Factor judge.

According to New! magazine, Church told a friend that she cannot take Cole seriously when she watches the ITV1 show - because she believes the Girls Aloud singer is untalented.

"I watch The X Factor in awe," Church is quoted as saying. "Cheryl really has no idea that she can't sing at all - she tells people the strangest things about their voice when they are in fact great and far better than her."

The Welsh star allegedly vowed to put her long-time rival to shame when she tries her hand at judging on a forthcoming TV project.

"There is a new format being worked on and for once I will be able to show those who have no idea how to judge," she explained.

Cole's X Factor co-star Louis Walsh recently claimed that she is "getting away with murder" on the programme.

Abbie
19-11-2008, 16:35
I dont compare Danni to Kylie, I mean as an artist I prefer Kylie loads, but as a person from what Ive seen the show I just dont like her, its something I cant explain that isnt Kylie

Bryan
19-11-2008, 17:56
going to see Laura perform in a bit, then we have tickets to the aftershow party, where there's meant to be "celebrity guests", i'm hoping it's some other x factor contestants.

tammyy2j
20-11-2008, 10:12
Ruth and Alessandra has been consistantly good from the beginning i hope they get to the final.

Alexandra and Ruth are the best voices even on the Hero track i really hope they are in the final

CrazyLea
20-11-2008, 18:19
How was the Laura thing last night then Bryyy?

Bryan
20-11-2008, 18:54
How was the Laura thing last night then Bryyy?

yeah it was good, she took forever to come on but when she came on she was great, she sounds so much better in real life than on the show, it's a shame she was booted out now, but at least I can say I saw her before she made it big, cus she said we'll be seeing more of her in 2009.

she sang some good ones "put your record on" "signed, sealed, delivered" "crazy" by Knarls Barkely, "chasing pavements" and she sang "American Boy" by Estelle, that was really good.

I' keep checking on youtube to see if people have uploaded any of the songs yet, but not yet! Will post if I find any.

Chris_2k11
20-11-2008, 21:13
Dannii has been a recording artist in Australia since 1989 and in the UK she has had 11 number one dance hits.11 number one hits? :searchme: are you talking about the official singles chart or the specialist ones? cos theres no way shes had 11 number ones in the official top 40.

I agree with you though, I can't understand all the dislike towards her.

megan999
23-11-2008, 17:24
Cowell: Dannii's got to go

Simon wants a male judge to join Cheryl on X Factor

SIMON Cowell will AXE Dannii Minogue from X Factor at the end of this series—despite reassuring her she’ll KEEP her judge’s job. TV’s “Mr Nasty” has had secret talks with ITV bosses, telling them he wants Dannii replaced with a male version of Cheryl Cole, we can reveal.
Dannii’s only hope is if one of her acts wins—which is unlikely, especially after Rachel Hylton was booted out.
Rachel, 26, lost out to boyband JLS in the sing-off despite a storming performance of I’m Not Leaving Without You from the movie Dream Girls last night. Dannii said afterwards: “She’s an amazing amazing girl. I’m really sad she has to go.”
Last night Dannii’s sister Kylie revealed she had been emailing Dannii about the way Simon was treating her.
Kylie said: “It’s not fair the hard time she’s been given. I think she does amazingly well. I would be terrible. I wouldn’t quite know how to deal with it.”
Simon fancies Ronan Keating, Gary Barlow or another male singer to sit on the panel with him, Cheryl and Louis.
But he has told Dannii her job is SAFE—just like he did with Kate Thornton before dumping her as show host in 2006.
An insider said: “Simon’s made his decision. Once his mind’s made up it’s very hard to change. Even though ITV has the final say, Simon is the driving force behind X Factor. If Simon wants a man in Dannii’s place he’ll get it.”
Simon and Dannii were very close in the last series—before Cheryl arrived. Two weeks ago Dannii told us: “He moved me away from him and now sits next to Cheryl and is in her ear all the time. It is a snub.” But she added: “He’s made it clear I’ll be back.”
Our source said: “He has to make Dannii think her position is safe or she might walk now.”
Tensions heightened among the judges last night Dannii broke down in tears on live TV after Louis accused her of stealing a song from his act JLS to give to Rachel. But Simon defended her on The Xtra Factor on ITV2, calling Louis a “sore loser”.

SOURCE: NEWS OF THE WORLD 23/11/08

----> I like Dannii, IMO she's much better than Sharon, and I like her more than Cheryl. And I couldn't believe how upset Dannii was last night. Poor woman. No one deserves to be made so upset. I don't know exactly what happened, but I know that Louis is not my favourite person at the moment :angry:

Abbie
23-11-2008, 17:43
I woudldnt mind if she left but not another male!!

DaVeyWaVey
23-11-2008, 17:47
I agree Megan. I felt so sorry for Dannii last night and I'd rather Cheryl went over her. Dannii's a decent mentor, but I think her 'breakdown' last night was not just because of Louis, but because of all the jibes she's recieved from the press.. I think it all mounted up against her and eventually got too much for her. I do really feel sorry for her and hope she's a lot more cheerful next week!

Abbie
23-11-2008, 17:49
I think her 'breakdown' last night was not just because of Louis, but because of all the jibes she's recieved from the press.. I think it all mounted up against her and eventually got too much for her

Thats what I think it was, I didnt have her as person to cry over one things, so I think it was everything put together, espeically after the things with Rachel

Perdita
23-11-2008, 17:51
Can't help feeling that it is all staged to get viewers interested. If you have been in show business for as long as she has and having been a judge for a couple of years, she should not be affected by criticism and Louis's remarks.

Bad Wolf
24-11-2008, 00:24
cheryl kinda looked like she was laughing while she was speechless and crying

lizann
24-11-2008, 10:38
X Factor star Diana Vickers is having a secret fling with Eoghan Quigg, The Sun can reveal.

The teens, bookies’ favourites to reach the finals of the ITV1 talent show, refer to each other as “best friends” on telly.

But we can reveal that romance has blossomed between Eoghan, 16, and 17-year-old Diana — behind the back of her student boyfriend.

Researchers on the show — where judges frequently tell hopefuls “You made that song your own” — were stunned to discover the pair canoodling in the house the finalists share in West Hampstead, North London.

A source said: “They’re only young and hormones are flying about the place.

Both Diana and Eoghan have got close as the competition has taken its toll, particularly after Diana missed a week when she was ill. She was extremely tearful and had a terrible time.

“They’ve got a really sweet relationship — but we did have to avert our eyes.”

Diana’s boyfriend, Manchester University student Chris Jones, 18, admitted he feared the show would wreck their relationship.

The couple have been dating for six months and Chris, who is studying events management, has been a frequent visitor to London to see the talented hopeful.

Chris has said: “She’s such a nice girl and absolutely stunning. I really love her.”

He has known Diana since she was 11 but they hooked up again after she served him and his dad in a pub last year.

Chris added: “I first found out she could sing when we were at a party, she just got up and sang.” But he worried her fame might jeopardise their relationship, saying: “She does get a lot of attention now she is on TV. I try not to get jealous.”

A show insider insisted: “They’re only kids and there’s no suggestion that she’s going to dump her boyfriend.”

Diana has been battling in the show after being forced to miss a week due to laryngitis. She then gave a painful performance of Coldplay hit Yellow last week, which was slated by the judges.

But she is now determined to come back with a bang for the Take That show tonight.

And during a masterclass with the finalists, Take That’s Gary Barlow said that if Simon did not sign Diana then he would.

Meanwhile Irish lad Eoghan, the last of Cowell’s acts and the youngest contestant in the house, is taking the contest in his stride.

In the Take That class Mark Owen and Gary worked with Eoghan on one particular high note in his song that he has been struggling with.

tammyy2j
24-11-2008, 14:21
The X Factor finalists have reportedly been left fuming, after discovering that the winner's first single will be a song sang by Diana Vicker's during the audition process.

Each of the finalists will record Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah, a song that Diana sang during boot camp. Although other contestants also sang the track, it was 17-year-old Vickers who was praised for '(making) it totally her own' by Louis Walsh.

The choice of song has now reportedly led to accusations of favouritism, The Mirror reports, as the remaining contestants viewed the choice as hand-picked for Vickers.

A source told the paper, 'Tempers are running high. They feel it is just the latest in a series of stunts that have left them wondering if the competition has already been won.

'First there was Diana getting let through one heat because she was ill – although Alexandra was told to keep her exact same illness quiet and perform. Then Simon came out at a charity dinner saying his choice to win was Diana. And now they feel the winner’s song has been chosen because it suits her vocals.'

The snitch added, 'Many suspect producers are paving the way for Diana to win and there is nothing they can do. They feel even if the public put her in the bottom two, the judges will always save her.'

The rumours come as tension on the show stepped up a gear this weekend, with Dannii Minogue breaking down during an argument with Louis Walsh.

The Aussie singer looked on the verge of tears from the start of the show, as Walsh accused her of stealing his act's song for her contestant Rachel Hylton.

miccisy
24-11-2008, 14:47
Can't help feeling that it is all staged to get viewers interested. If you have been in show business for as long as she has and having been a judge for a couple of years, she should not be affected by criticism and Louis's remarks.

I get what you mean but personally you can usually tell if someone is faking it. Dannii looked disgusted when Louis said she had cheated. I really felt sorry for her. I really felt that Dannii had kind of just had enough of everything.

The one thing that really disgusted me was Cheryl Cole. When Dannii was crying Cheryl kind of looked round at her and then turned back round to Simon and was smirking. I just wanted to smack her in the face.

Cheryl thinks she so perfect and that her acts are so great. It so annoyed me when she said "i dont care what the other judges say, my acts will be in the final". Alex is horrible, she sounds more and more like a man everytime she sings. Diana was bad this week as well.

I do agree with what people said about this not been the only reason for her crying. All the things that have been said about her in the press. Even when Louis goes onto different shows he makes fun of her.

I dont agree that Rachel should have gone this week. I think it may have been tactical by Louis to say that Dannii had cheated because he knew that maybe people would beleive and then not vote for Rachel which is exactly what happened. I thought Alex and JLS should have been in the bottom because they were horrible.

I think this year it is Fix Factor. Come on i mean Diana was bad on Saturday yet she still got great comments. Its pathetic. I think that is the reason that Cheryl is so certain that her acts are gunna win because she knows that its fixed for Diana to win it.

I think Dannii has the best singer in the competition but she wont win because of the fixing.

To be honest i wouldnt be bothered if they didnt do another series of it because its rubbish now.

Abi
24-11-2008, 16:27

I get what you mean but personally you can usually tell if someone is faking it. Dannii looked disgusted when Louis said she had cheated. I really felt sorry for her. I really felt that Dannii had kind of just had enough of everything.

The one thing that really disgusted me was Cheryl Cole. When Dannii was crying Cheryl kind of looked round at her and then turned back round to Simon and was smirking. I just wanted to smack her in the face.

Cheryl thinks she so perfect and that her acts are so great. It so annoyed me when she said "i dont care what the other judges say, my acts will be in the final". Alex is horrible, she sounds more and more like a man everytime she sings. Diana was bad this week as well.

I do agree with what people said about this not been the only reason for her crying. All the things that have been said about her in the press. Even when Louis goes onto different shows he makes fun of her.

I dont agree that Rachel should have gone this week. I think it may have been tactical by Louis to say that Dannii had cheated because he knew that maybe people would beleive and then not vote for Rachel which is exactly what happened. I thought Alex and JLS should have been in the bottom because they were horrible.

I think this year it is Fix Factor. Come on i mean Diana was bad on Saturday yet she still got great comments. Its pathetic. I think that is the reason that Cheryl is so certain that her acts are gunna win because she knows that its fixed for Diana to win it.

I think Dannii has the best singer in the competition but she wont win because of the fixing.

To be honest i wouldnt be bothered if they didnt do another series of it because its rubbish now.

How on earth do you think they can fix it? She gets the same amount of screen time as everyone else. Just because you don't like her, doesn't mean its fixed.

Trinity
24-11-2008, 18:07

How on earth do you think they can fix it? She gets the same amount of screen time as everyone else. Just because you don't like her, doesn't mean its fixed.

After all the fuss related to phone voting I find that a very naive comment.

Abi
24-11-2008, 18:10
After all the fuss related to phone voting I find that a very naive comment.

Oh come on, like they are going to let that happen again. All the TV shows are on red alert for something like that! They would never let it happen intentionally anymore.

Bad Wolf
24-11-2008, 18:12
a few of the papers have said today the single is going to he hallejuea or however you spell it, diana has all ready sung this on the show so it does look pretty rigged

Abi
24-11-2008, 18:19
a few of the papers have said today the single is going to he hallejuea or however you spell it, diana has all ready sung this on the show so it does look pretty rigged

It's not going to help her get to the final though. And what with the judges not choosing between the bottom two now, its even less certain who will be in the final.

I personally don't think she'll make it that far. I think she isn't popular enough to the masses, she's more of a niche artist. I think it is far more likely to be Ruth, Alexandra and JLS. I think Diana is a great artist and could do well, but not on a talent show.

Abbie
24-11-2008, 18:21
I like Ruth but I think ive made up my mind, I dont really want her in the final
I mean I do like her, but I prefer others more

Abi
24-11-2008, 18:24
I like Ruth but I think ive made up my mind, I dont really want her in the final
I mean I do like her, but I prefer others more

She has really grown on me. I couldn't abide her during the first few weeks, but after she did a few sing offs, i think she's really improved. I don't think she'd be a very successfull recording artist, but i would quite like to see her in the final.

Abbie
24-11-2008, 18:25
Thats the thing I like her, but Im not convinced that I like her that much to by her songs and her own kinds stuff

Bad Wolf
24-11-2008, 18:35
i really like ruth, its a shame she isnt getting the same support as the others

DaVeyWaVey
24-11-2008, 18:37
i really like ruth, its a shame she isnt getting the same support as the others

Ruth is my favourite now. I really hope she manages to drum up enough support to get through to the final.

Chris_2k11
24-11-2008, 18:41
i really like ruth, its a shame she isnt getting the same support as the othersI agree i think shes underrated, shes been my favourite from the start along with Laura.

Trinity
24-11-2008, 18:41
Ruth and Alexandra are my favs - they are both so talented.

JLS was in the bottom two this week - they can't be that popular....

The we laddie and Diana - both totally overated.

Chris_2k11
24-11-2008, 18:43
To be honest im not that keen on Alexandra, I dont feel shes as great as shes been made out to be. Same with Diana.

Bad Wolf
24-11-2008, 18:45
i really like ruth, its a shame she isnt getting the same support as the othersI agree i think shes underrated, shes been my favourite from the start along with Laura.

i agree it should have been her and laura in the final

Abi
24-11-2008, 18:48
Leon was in the bottom two last year, and managed to win the show. So its not unconceivable that Ruth or JLS could win.

tammyy2j
25-11-2008, 11:36
Has Diana ever got bad comments from the judges? Yet her performances have been terrible especially the past two weeks

I think Ruth could really do a great job of the song Hallelujah

tammyy2j
25-11-2008, 11:56
Diana Vickers has hit back at claims she has been given special treatment by producers of the X Factor, insisting ‘I’m not a cheat’.
She has also dismissed rumours that she has started a relationship with fellow contestant Eoghan Quigg, despite having a boyfriend waiting at home.

The 17-year-old has told of her recent low point after being accused of cheating by fans of the show, who were angry she was given an unprecedented ‘bye’ after coming down with laryngitis.
Despite being deemed too ill to perform on the Saturday night show, the teenager was filmed yelling and screaming in cold weather at bonfire night three days earlier.
Conspiracy theorists suggested she was given preferential treatment to keep her in the show for longer, and deliberately allowed to miss the Mariah Carey themed night that could have been a struggle for her voice.

When she returned the following week to sing Coldplay’s Yellow, judges Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell said it was evident she had not fully recovered from illness.
In the latest edition of new! magazine, which has interviewed all five finalists, the series favourite admits that she felt under pressure from the scandal, which may have damaged her chances of winning.
Diana has also tried to quell rumours of a relationship with fellow contestant Eoghan Quigg.
‘There’s nothing going on,’ she told the magazine, out Tuesday.

‘We’re just like bezzie mates, like little brother and sister.’

lizann
25-11-2008, 14:14
X FACTOR reject Rachel Hylton has blasted her fellow contestants for making her feel like an “outsider”.
The former crack addict and mum of five was voted off the contest on Saturday — claiming she had “enjoyed the show”.

However after two days back in the real world, she claimed yesterday she was “made to feel left out” by her rivals and clashed with one in particular during rehearsals for her final programme.

The 26-year-old revealed one of the other girls “let rip” at her during practice for the Take That night.

Diana Vickers, Ruth Lorenzo and Alexandra Burke are the only three girls left in the show.

Rachel admitted: “To be honest, none of them were really my friends.
“I could have used some support at my lowest points.

“They all support each other, they were all close — but nobody had any time for me.”

While the other contestants lived together at the X Factor house in North London’s posh Hampstead area, Rachel stayed at home to look after two of her children.

Her other kids are in care.

But she told ITV1’s This Morning show: “The bottom line is, I always got left out and made to feel like an outsider.

“Sometimes I just went off on my own because I was made to feel left out.

“You know, I always tried to be gracious and say nice things about everybody.

“But what I wanted to say was, ‘What have I done wrong? Why are you lot treating me like this?’”

Rachel got the boot after a sing-off with boyband JLS.

Mentor Dannii Minogue was the only judge to back her.

lizann
25-11-2008, 14:35
Pop singer Robbie Williams is reportedly being lined up to join 'The X Factor' judging panel next year.

According to the Daily Star, Simon Cowell is hoping to convince the former Take That star to become a mentor on the show.

A source said: "Robbie is perfect for the job and Simon is confident that he is going to get him to sign."

"Dannii has had a good couple of years on the show, but Simon wants to revamp the panel."

"Robbie's cheeky attitude and success in the business make him the perfect candidate."

Cowell previously denied reports that he was planning to revamp the panel on 'The X Factor', saying that all of this year's judges would be returning next year.

Abbie
25-11-2008, 14:47
Not Robbie!!

Chris_2k11
26-11-2008, 01:21
Leona's Run video has leaked -

YouTube - Leona Lewis - Run(Official Music Video)

tammyy2j
26-11-2008, 10:47
sources from the X Factor camp are claiming that there is much resentment towards Diana Vickers from the other contestants, because they believe she is being set up to win the show. One source said, "Tempers are running high. They feel it is just the latest in a series of stunts that have left them wondering if the competition has already been won." Word is that this year's winning single is going to be Hallelujah – a song which Diana performed to much acclaim during the bootcamp stages of the competition. As this video illustrates, Diana certainly put her own unique twist on the song, and Louis Walsh even gushed at the time, "She made it totally her own." Add to this the rumours that Simon Cowell himself backed Diana as his winner at a charity dinner, and that she was let off performing for a week due to illness, and you have the perfect recipe for much suspicion and speculation. However, could we all be overreacting a tad? After all, Hallelujah is arguably a song that many of the acts would be suited to. We can't see Alexandra or Ruth complaining about it. Also, when Diana sang her version of the song at bootcamp, it was because it was on a list of possible tunes. Any one of the eventual finalists could have also picked the same song to perform, so it wasn't specially chosen to suit Diana's strengths. Despite all this though, the source goes on to say, "Many suspect producers are paving the way for Diana to win and there is nothing they can do. They feel even if the public put her in the bottom two, the judges will always save her." Diana herself is naturally outraged at the claims, saying yesterday, "I’m NOT a cheat!" Listening back to Diana singing this, we do admit that it will seem too good to be true if she does make it to the final – but does that prove anything sneaky is going on?

lizann
26-11-2008, 16:55
best performance of this series so far

Ruth - Purple Rain :clap:

YouTube - Ruth Lorenzo - puple rain

Perdita
26-11-2008, 17:15
That is a very good cover version, like it. :clap: :thumbsup:

Bryan
26-11-2008, 17:38
Ruth or Alexandra to win!!!! Anyone but that Diana!

Perdita
26-11-2008, 17:40
I can't decide yet who I want to win as they are all very good. I am probably the only one who likes Diana's voice, it is so lovely husky. Probably because people say my voice is like that too :D

Abbie
26-11-2008, 17:56
I can't decide yet who I want to win as they are all very good. I am probably the only one who likes Diana's voice, it is so lovely husky. Probably because people say my voice is like that too :D

I love Dianas voice too! :cheer: I thought I was the only one lol :p

Perdita
26-11-2008, 18:34
Cheers for that :D

Perdita
26-11-2008, 18:45
Rachel Hylton has revealed that she has been offered a record deal.

The 25-year-old mum-of-five, who was voted off The X Factor on Saturday, described the show as a "great platform" for her future singing career.

"I have been approached by a record company but I'm not going to name them," she told DS.

"Obviously I'm in contract [with The X Factor] until next year so I won't be doing anything else for a while. For the time being I'm seeing what offers are out there."

Hylton also insisted that she has no regrets about her time on the show, saying: "Definitely not! The X Factor has given me such a great platform and it's really boosted my confidence on stage.

"Would I have done anything differently? Maybe I wouldn't have had scenes because I couldn't sing what I wanted to!"

Perdita
26-11-2008, 18:47
To put it mildly, Rachel Hylton's X Factor journey wasn't quite as smooth as her mentor's forehead. She struggled with her song choices, didn't always see eye to eye with Dannii Minogue and was plagued by rumours about her troubled past. Having wound up in the bottom two for the third time in four weeks, Rachel was finally eliminated on Saturday, so we gave her a call to discuss her testing time on the show.

Three days on, has it all sunk in?
"It's fine and I'm not upset about it. The bottom line is that X Factor's been a great platform for me, I've got the tour next year and I'm at home with my kids a bit more now."

The judges said several times that you weren't connecting with the public. Did you agree with them?
"No, I don't believe that's true. I know for a fact that there are people out there who supported me and I've got fan mail from people saying they'd definitely buy my album. I know I might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think that's because of my past and the way I used to live."

Do you think the way you were portrayed in the media affected your chances?
"If I'm honest, I wasn't happy about the negative media coverage I got, but who would be? I put my hands up and I didn't lie about anything and yet they kept printing the same stuff. It did knock my confidence and it made me really unhappy, but people are entitled to their opinions."

You've claimed since leaving the show that Louis didn't like you. What did he do to give you that impression?
"The impression I got from Louis was that he didn't like me. On Saturday he passed a particular comment about his boys being decent and the nicest boys he knew, which I took as a dig at me. I was also really upset when he was horrible to Dannii about the song choices."

How did you feel when he accused Dannii of stealing JLS's song choice?
"I was very upset because my mentor was upset. I don't see the point in lying, so why did Louis need to lie? We were first in line, we chose the song and we started rehearsing it straight away. Simple as."

You didn't seem to bond with Danni earlier on in the series. Why was that?
"You know, I don't really think there was a problem. In any relationship you need to get to know each other and learn each others' likes and dislikes. It was all blown out of proportion. I certainly didn't sack Dannii - how could I sack someone I don't employ?"

There were also rumours that you had an "incident" with another female contestant backstage on Saturday. Is there any truth to this?
"No, I really don't know what they're talking about! Whenever Rachel Hylton's name is mentioned they always seem to make out that I'm a baddie. It's really weird, I'm shocked to hear that."

Do you think the real Rachel came out on the show?
"If I'm honest, no, I don't think the real Rachel came out. But I really hope people remember me for my good performances and the passion I showed."

Do you have any regrets about your time on the show?
"Definitely not! The X Factor has given me such a great platform and it's really boosted my confidence on stage. Would I have done anything differently? Maybe I wouldn't have had scenes because I couldn't sing what I wanted to!"

What's next for you?
"My aim is to secure a record deal. I have been approached by a record company but I'm not going to name them. Obviously I'm in contract [with The X Factor] until next year so I won't be doing anything else for a while, so for the time being I'm seeing what offers are out there. I've got the X Factor tour too, which I'm really looking forward to."

Rachel Hylton will be performing on the 'X Factor 2009 Live Tour' - more information available at www.bookingsdirect.com.

DaVeyWaVey
26-11-2008, 18:52
Despite me not being too keen on her voice or anything, I do wish Rachel luck with everything in the future. :)

tammyy2j
27-11-2008, 14:24
Dannii Minogue has finished top in a poll to find the UK's favourite X Factor judge.

The OK! contest saw 48% of visitors to its homepage choose Minogue ahead of fellow panel members Cheryl Cole, Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh.

Cole finished second with 37% of the vote, followed by Cowell with 12% and Walsh with 3%.

Minogue's position on the programme has been subject to speculation in the current series. It was recently reported that show boss Cowell is looking to replace her with Robbie Williams.

tammyy2j
27-11-2008, 14:25
Fans of The X Factor have joined social networking groups in protest against Diana Vickers's hands.

The 17-year-old singer's kooky style involves a number of hand gestures, including stroking her face and curling her fingers.

Unhappy fans have now joined Facebook groups in order to express their dislike for the moves. "I am going to make it my mission to travel down to London and cut off her f**king left hand if she does not stop touching her face with it," one commented.

"Yes, you have a hand, yes you have a face, but you don't need to caress it every week."

More than 8,000 X Factor viewers have so far joined the groups.

flnow
27-11-2008, 15:44
Louis is such a bully!

*-Rooney-*
27-11-2008, 16:30
Minogue's position on the programme has been subject to speculation in the current series. It was recently reported that show boss Cowell is looking to replace her with Robbie Williams.

I love the X factor but i hate robbie williams if he was to become a judge i honestly believe i would stop watching it.

DaVeyWaVey
27-11-2008, 17:52
I've just sent Ruth a message on her fansite. Apparently, she reads every message sent to her. I hope I get some sort of reply :D

Perdita
27-11-2008, 17:55
What did you say to her? :angel: :D

DaVeyWaVey
27-11-2008, 17:58
What did you say to her? :angel: :D

Just that I think she's sensational week after week. I look forward to her performances the most as she always delivers a brilliant vocal and puts on a good show and that I hope she gets through to the semi final. :)

DaVeyWaVey
27-11-2008, 21:02
I got this off my friend (he sent it to me) its quite funny..

Rule One - Knock back a shot of your favourite tipple every time you see a granny in the audience wearing a cheap T-shirt with a contestant's face plastered on the front.

Rule Two - Chug some beer each time Dermot or Simon claims it's the "toughest week yet" or "closest competition ever".

Rule Three - Knock back some vodka on each occasion Louis Walsh wobbles his head like the Churchill dog and tells a contestant: "You...should...be...in...the final!"

Rule Four - Knock back even more if any judge utters the words "sack your mentor" or "the song was too big for you".

Rule Five - Have two drinks when Simon makes a suggestive comment about Ruth Lorenzo's dress, boobs or what she's doing with the microphone.

Rule Six - Take a sip whenever you see Diana Vickers doing her 'wavy hands' dance.

Rule Seven - Drink once for every reference to Eoghan Quigg being "cute" and having "Irish charm".

Rule Eight - Have two shots for every contestant that discusses their "journey" or whenever any of them says: "If I don't up my game this week, I could be going home!"

Rule Nine - Make yourself a tasty cocktail whenever Simon or Dermot make an unsubtle comment about Louis's sexuality.

Rule Ten - Help yourself to a large rum and coke if Cheryl breaks into tears during the final showdown.

Rule Eleven - Wash it down with a whiskey chaser if Simon teases: "I didn't like it.... I loved it!"

Rule Twelve - Down your entire drinks selection if Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue at any point dare to crack a smile or share a conversation with each other.

*-Rooney-*
27-11-2008, 21:17
lol rule six alone would get you drunk hehe

Chris_2k11
27-11-2008, 22:58
haha I love number 12!

Cheryl does smile though!

Perdita
28-11-2008, 05:49
Diana Vickers has admitted that she still has regrets about auditioning for The X Factor, despite making it to the finals.

The reality show contestant said that she is concerned about opening herself up to criticism at such a young age.

The Daily Mail quotes her as saying: "It is hard. Sometimes I do think I'm 17, and there's so much pressure anyway growing up.

"Now I'm growing up in the public eye and something bad will be said about me and I'll think, 'Why did I do this?'

"But that will last for literally five minutes and I get over it. Then I'm on stage on the Saturday night and all this amazing stuff happens and everything is worth it."

It was recently reported that more than 8,000 people have joined Facebook groups protesting the quirky movements of Diana's left hand.

Perdita
28-11-2008, 06:02
JLS hunk Marvin Humes has got the eX Factor — after splitting with his girlfriend of five years.

The 23-year-old broke up with singer Jaime Jay, 27, last week.

He is the second X Factor hopeful to reveal that the pressures of appearing on the talent show had taken its toll.

Alexandra Burke has also ended a relationship.

Marvin said yesterday: “It’s something that was on the cards for a while. It was a mutual thing. We split up on good terms and we’re speaking every day. We were together for five years. She’s an amazing girl. We were very much in love with each other but it’s time to move on. We didn’t end it because we cheated, it was just a case of all good things coming to an end.”

Alexandra, 20, broke up with her fella last month to concentrate on winning the ITV1 hit.

The Londoner said: “He wasn’t expecting it and I wasn’t expecting it — it is what it is. He still helps me look after my mum.”

She also revealed her show mentor Cheryl Cole, 25, supported her through her decision — and told her to stick with it.

Alexandra said: “She thought it was the right thing to do.”

Perdita
28-11-2008, 06:13
SHARON OSBOURNE today breaks her silence on leaving The X Factor – and claims she was driven out by “manipulative” Dannii Minogue.
The show’s fiery ex-judge says she was bullied off the programme by the Aussie singer — who she insists is now trying to get rid of Louis Walsh in the same way.

In an explosive interview, Sharon also claims Dannii . . .

* Is as cold as an iceberg

* Acted like the teacher’s pet to boss Simon Cowell — but is furious that Cheryl Cole is now flavour of the month instead

* Never thanked Louis for a present he bought as a peace offering

* Needs to go to a reconstructive surgeon — because her plastic surgery is so BAD.

Sharon, 56, who is filming a new telly show in LA with husband Ozzy and children Jack and Kelly, quit The X Factor earlier this year and was replaced by Girls Aloud singer Cheryl, 25.

She refused to discuss her reasons for going at the time and flew straight to America to avoid doing any interviews about her resignation.

But now she has decided to spill the beans — because she is furious that her pal Louis is being accused of bullying Dannii over a bitter bust-up on last week’s show.

Dannii, 37, was left in floods of tears after Louis accused her of nicking Take That’s song Rule The World for her act Rachel Hylton when he wanted it for his own band, JLS.

Public sympathy for Dannii was high after the spat and Simon waded in and told 56-year-old Louis to kiss and make up with her.

But Sharon reckons it is Dannii who is the bully.

She says: “Louis is genuinely upset because he doesn’t want people to think he is a bully.

“It’s the last thing he is but that’s what people think when Dannii’s sitting like a porcelain doll with big fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

“People who don’t know Louis would be watching and thinking, ‘That poor girl!’ But there are two sides to the story. This has been building up for months.

“It’s a very emotional show to work on and everyone wants their act to win. But there is a point where you have to be fair and say, ‘You had that song picked out weeks ago, you have it’.

“Dannii’s got great timing and knows when to pull out the sympathy card. She didn’t cry when JLS came knocking at her door to ask for the song, did she? Her tears were only on live TV.

“Louis has Tourette’s — he has no filter — so he says whatever he thinks. He’s confrontational but he’s not malicious and he’s not a bully.

“I’m not just saying this because I love him. I never answered back to her interviews last year, I took all her *******, I kept my mouth shut. But I have to stand up for Louis.

“He’s in bed with flu this week — this whole situation is making him sick. Believe me, I know, because I’ve been that way.

“I got physically sick with the stress and the pressure. Nothing is worth that. I went through so much hurt and that was the biggest factor in me leaving The X Factor. Dannii was 99.9 per cent of the reason. I couldn’t take that in my life.”

Rumours of a rift began soon after Simon, 49, hired Dannii when he spotted her on the judging panel of Australia’s Got Talent.

Insiders claimed Sharon was put out by Dannii’s arrival and was freezing her out on set. Then Dannii was quoted as saying Sharon didn’t like her because: “I’m younger and prettier”, while Sharon launched an attack on her rival on The Graham Norton Show.

Dannii accused Sharon and Louis of bullying her, but Sharon insists she was the victim, adding: “She’s petite, she’s little, she’s got these big doll’s eyes.

“There’s the perception she’s the sweetest little thing in the world but she’s not. She’s a woman of the world. She’s got balls of steel.

“We didn’t talk that much during the auditions because we have nothing in common, and it was difficult to get to know her because she was always up Simon’s ar*e and trying to be teacher’s pet. She was always at his side, like a little stray dog.

“Her eyes turned brown she had her head so far up his backside.

“There’s a gap after auditions where you don’t see each other. When we came back for the live shows it all kicked off.

“I’d been reading all these things she’d said about me and I asked her, ‘Why are you giving me all this *******? Why are you saying I’m jealous of you because you’re better looking and younger?’

“But instead of having an adult conversation about it she just cried and never said a word. She is not confrontational. I confronted her a few times but she really doesn’t like it and goes into the baby hissy fit thing and sulks instead of saying, ‘OK, if that’s the way you feel, maybe we can fix it’.

“The next week the director wanted me to sort it out so I said to her, ‘What do you want me to do to make this work? I will walk over hot coals, will that make this better?’ She just stared at me like an iceberg, she never said a word.

“Eventually, in December I went to see Simon and the show’s executive producer, Richard Holloway, and said the stress was too much and I couldn’t do it any more.

“Who wants to get up and go to work and have an iceberg sit next to you with vibes that are so unhealthy? Waking up and thinking, ‘What’s she going to say about me in the papers today?’

“Showing her t*ts in some paper, saying I’m bullying her again. It was like Groundhog Day.”

Sharon admits she hoped to be kept on rather than Dannii, but Simon and Richard accepted her resignation. But she insists she is not bitter — though she admits she would consider an offer if she was asked back on the show in Dannii’s place, as has been rumoured.

She says: “I’ve so much going on in the US at the moment. But nobody’s asked me.”

Sharon is also keen to set the record straight about her “jealousy” of Dannii and says: “Why would I compare myself to her?

“There is nothing she has that I would be jealous of. I have a husband, children, my dogs and lots of houses and wonderful holidays.

“When she said she was younger and prettier than me, yes, it was humiliating. But I love my age, I embrace it. It’s never been a big deal for me. If you haven’t lived as somebody who thrives on their looks, it really doesn’t matter.

It just goes to show what goes through someone’s head to say something like that. Getting older probably would affect her. It’s important to her, but it’s absolutely not important to me. When her looks go, what has she got? She hasn’t got a voice.

“Look up plastic surgery on Google and I probably come up straight away. I’m extremely proud of my plastic surgery.

“I would be willing to give her a number for a reconstructive surgeon if she wants one. She’s a beautiful woman but her surgery isn’t the best I’ve ever seen.”

Warming to her theme, Sharon insists Dannii is the jealous one — jealous of newcomer Cheryl, who has replaced her in Simon’s affections. She says: “As an outsider looking in — and I am an outsider now — it’s the Simon and Cheryl show. When you were teacher’s pet and you come back to class and you’re no longer teacher’s pet, she must be hurting.

“She’s not the pretty one sitting next to Simon any more. She’s sitting next to old Louis!

“But it’s not Louis’s fault that Cheryl’s taken her place and people adore her.

“Louis tried to make it better with Dannii this year. Last year he bought her a Christmas present but an assistant grabbed it from him and closed the door in his face — he didn’t get a thank you, nothing. And it’s the same now.

“She obviously still sees Louis as being my friend and wants to get rid of him too.

“But if she’s really having a hard time now, it’s her own doing. The karma truck has well and truly parked outside her house.”

I so wish she would come back :thumbsup:

Bad Wolf
28-11-2008, 09:05
im really pleased she has finally decided to speak - there are two sides to every story, and sharon wouldnt kick off without cause

*-Rooney-*
28-11-2008, 10:10
i like sharon a lot more than danni wish she could come back in her place

Chloe O'brien
28-11-2008, 10:55
Good on Sharon for giving her side of the story. Dannii needs to go and bring back Sharon next year.

Bryan
28-11-2008, 11:07
We love you Mrs O! Simon, please bring her back next year and get rid of that sap Danni!!!!

Perdita
29-11-2008, 10:49
Axed X Factor star Daniel Evans has admitted that he felt inadequate compared to his rival contestants.

The 38-year-old pool cleaner struggled to win praise from the judges throughout his stint on the ITV1 talent show. He also found it difficult to be away from his young daughter while he lived in the X Factor house.

Evans eventually became the first act to be eliminated from Dannii Minogue's 'Over 25s' category in the competition's sixth week.

"There were times when I just wanted to go home and hold baby Ana, but Dannii picked me up," Evans told Hello! magazine. "She told me I could phone her any time, day or night. When I was filled with self-doubt and in awe of the other contestants, she advised me to ignore everyone else and never watch their rehearsals."

He added: "I loved working with Dannii. She was the only mentor who'd turn up for our routining sessions on Sunday mornings. I used to help the camera crew lift their equipment and she got to hear about it. She sent me a text saying: 'You inspire me'. I'll save that message forever."

Sinitta recently suggested that Minogue was wrong to pick Evans for the show, claiming that he "couldn't sing".

Sinitta has revealed that she would not have put Daniel Evans in the final 12 of this year's X Factor.
The singer criticised Dannii Minogue's selection of the 38-year-old, who was voted off the show two weeks ago, as well as Louis Walsh's decision to put Bad Lashes and Girlband through to the live shows.

"If I were a judge I would not have picked Daniel just because he could not sing. Nice guy, but no," she said.

Sinitta then picked Ruth Lorenzo as the act she would least like to see win the contest, saying: "People will kill me for that and I do love her but I think as an overall popstar I think the others are more right for X Factor."

The contestants will sing songs by Britney Spears on tonight's show ahead of the star's performance of new single 'Womanizer'.

The X Factor airs at 7.35pm and 10.15pm on ITV1.

DaVeyWaVey
29-11-2008, 11:11
I have to disagree with Sinitta on Daniel Evans. If he couldn't sing, he wouldn't have made it past the audition stages! In my opinion, I thought he was a very good singer and quite talented and I felt the only problem was he didn't really fit the image that the X Factor now has (the styling he recieved from the stylists on the show didn't help!) and he struggled to appeal to one demographic or one part of the audience, meaning he probably would have struggled to have sold records if he got a contract.

Bad Lashes and Girlband were too similar, I think which led to their downfall.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
29-11-2008, 12:28
Knock back some vodka on each occasion Louis Walsh wobbles his head like the Churchill dog,
LOL! That had me in stitches! :lol:

Perdita
29-11-2008, 13:32
X Factor's vocal coach Yvie Burnett has claimed that Diana Vickers needs to tone down her quirky singing style.

Burnett revealed that she has kept recent criticism of the 17-year-old's voice in mind when she has worked with her recently.

"I wouldn't ever take it away but I tell her not to yelp too often," Burnett told the Daily Record. "It's her style. I don't want to take it away because she wouldn't sound like Diana.

"But we put it in here and there and don't do it all the time. In vocal coaching, you do enough of something - you don't put it into overkill."

Spanish singer Ruth Lorenzo has also been instructed to hold back in her performances if she wants a better chance of winning the ITV1 talent show.

"Her voice is huge. If you hear her in real life, it's really, really loud," Burnett explained. "But when you've got a big voice like that, it's harder to control.

"She's worked incredibly hard and can now sing softly and build it up, which is a great talent. She's a Celine Dion-type of singer - a proper singer. I hope she does well whatever happens to her on The X Factor because she's a great talent."

Perdita
29-11-2008, 22:43
I always feel for the contestants who are voted off and then have to sing again before the end of the show. Wish they were allowed to just leave.

DaVeyWaVey
29-11-2008, 22:55
Ruth's last performance was a winning one in my opinion. Incredible.

Perdita
29-11-2008, 22:58
Ruth's last performance was a winning one in my opinion. Incredible.

Davey, I totally agree with you. As much as I like Diana, tonight, Ruth was the best performer and should NOT have gone. :(

Perdita
30-11-2008, 10:40
X Factor judges Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell have clashed once again over Laura White's departure from the show.

Cole had previously accused Cowell of voting tactically when he chose to send home White rather than Ruth Lorenzo earlier this month.

White's elimination followed her performance of 'Endless Love' in a Mariah Carey theme night.

Speaking on The Xtra Factor last night, Cowell claimed that Cole's "rubbish" song choice had resulted in her act's downfall.

"We've already lost a great singer when we lost Laura because she had a rubbish song that week," he told show host Holly Willoughby. "That was why she went, it wasn't because she was a bad singer."

Cole quickly denied the suggestion, insisting: "It's not, it's because you voted her off."

Standing firm, Cowell replied: "She was in the bottom two. You don't vote people off if they're in the top two."

As Cole stuck her tongue out at Cowell, he told her: "That just about sums you up - childish."

Louis Walsh also blamed Cole for White's departure earlier this month, claiming that the song choice had been a "disaster".

StarsOfCCTV
30-11-2008, 11:34
How the hell did Ruth go. Seriously. I give up with this show its not about talent anymore...:rolleyes:

Trinity
30-11-2008, 12:14
I guess that this is a case of I didn't vote and therefore shouldn't complain - but really!

Ruth and Alexandra were the strongest two left in the competition for Ruth to be voted out says more about the 'Great British public' than it does about her undeniable talent.

To paraphrase Ali G , 'Is is 'cos I's Spanish?"

Bryan
30-11-2008, 12:17
I hope Ruth gets herself a record contract, she really deserves one.

miccisy
30-11-2008, 12:32
I think this show is stupid. I knew that Ruth would go eventually because of course all the other contestants have their cities backing them.

Ruth was the best by miles. Both her performances were great and the emotion in the second song. I really had a lump in my throat cos you could see how much the song affected her inside.

The only good singer in the competition now is Eoghan so if he doesnt win its ridiculous.

Diana just sounds the same in every song she sings. JLS were horrible last night. Cant beleive Louis gave them Hit me baby one more time. What was he thinking?!?!? Alex just sounds like a man and has a horrible voice.

Eoghan should win by miles.

This show isnt about who can sing though its about popularity and of course we knew that English people would not vote for a Spanish person to win. Just shows how people still stereotype people. Ridiculous.

Well i wont find out who wins, not watching anymore. My hubby was so fuming last night that Ruth went. We voted for her.

He was stud up shouting at TV "it just shows how single minded English people are, she only went cos shes Spanish, this f**king countries a bunch of retards". He was really mad as you can see.

StarsOfCCTV
30-11-2008, 13:03
Eoghan will probably win because he's got the Irish vote, I do agree he can sing but not brilliantly.

I agree with you about Diane though, she gets on my nerves now but I liked her at the start :lol: She just can't do variety.

I doubt I'll be watching after this week because I don't really like anyone else in the competition, I'll probably tune in for the final though just to see who's won.

Perdita
30-11-2008, 13:39
Dannii Minogue has insisted that she is proud of her performance as a mentor on The X Factor this year.

The Aussie popstar guided Leon Jackson and Rhydian Roberts to the top two spots on last year's series, but she became the first judge to lose all three of her acts as Ruth Lorenzo was eliminated last night.

Speaking afterwards on The Xtra Factor, Minogue revealed that keeping the Over 25s category intact until week six of the competition had been a record for the show.

She explained: "It wasn't a bad run. It's the longest the Over 25s have stayed in the competition."

Minogue was also backed by her co-stars Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell, who praised her for helping Lorenzo to exceed expectations on the programme.

Walsh told show host Holly Willoughby: "Don't give her a hard time. She worked so hard with Ruth."

Cowell added: "I've got to say, I think Dannii did a great job with Ruth and vice versa. I wasn't expecting her to stay this long at the beginning. But she proved that she's a really, really great singer [and] a great performer. We're going to miss her, really."

Minogue lost Daniel Evans in week six of the competition and saw Rachel Hylton being sent home last weekend.

Abbie
30-11-2008, 15:30
Eoghan will probably win because he's got the Irish vote, I do agree he can sing but not brilliantly.

I do like him, but I think maybe he should be the next to leave

DaVeyWaVey
30-11-2008, 15:32
I think he is really out of his depth in the competition now and I think he should go next. I think he is an average singer at best, but he can't pull off the big performances that someone like Alexandra can. I do think he will make the final though and possibly win because he has that 'cute factor' that most of my friends and family go on about.

Perdita
30-11-2008, 15:36
I hope Eoghan gets voted off next week, I agree with the others who think he is not a brilliant singer. He will get a recording contract anyway, I am sure all the finalists do. I think it will be between Alexandra and Diana in the end.

Abbie
30-11-2008, 15:37
I think it will be between Alexandra and Diana in the end.Yeah those and JLS in the final :cheer: And if thats the case it will be the first final where I love everyone :p

Perdita
01-12-2008, 06:11
Ruth Lorenzo has revealed that she is backing Alexandra Burke to win The X Factor following her own departure from the show.

The Spanish singer was voted off last night after picking up the lowest number of viewer votes in the latest live round.

Speaking on The Xtra Factor, Burke described Lorenzo as her "best friend" and admitted that she was devastated to see her leaving.

Discussing their friendship later, Lorenzo confirmed: "I'm moving in with this one. She's going to win, even though I love you all."

She then joked: "And I'm not going to pay rent!"

Lorenzo also insisted that there was "no way" she had been eliminated from the ITV1 talent show before her time.

Her mentor Dannii Minogue added: "Since the first show, every show she came and said to me: 'I'm going tonight'. It just shows how humble she is about her talent. It's been a big challenge to come to the country and do the competition."

Burke, Eoghan Quigg, Diana Vickers and boyband JLS will now compete in the show's semi-final next weekend.

Perdita
01-12-2008, 09:40
Louis Walsh reportedly believes that his job on The X Factor is under threat.

The 56-year-old is said to fear that his row with Dannii Minogue last week could result in his dismissal at the end of the series.

"He wouldn't be surprised if Dannii stays and he goes. He's sure it's got to be one of them," a source told The Mirror.

"Louis is worried about next year. He denies he bullied Dannii, but admits they'll never be able to get on."

The insider added: "He knows that Simon [Cowell] and Cheryl [Cole] are the only two whose seats on the panel are assured. He is well aware the rest are indispensable."

Walsh's final act JLS made it through to the semi-final on last night's show, while Minogue's last singer Ruth Lorenzo was voted off by the public.

Noooo, he can't go, he must stay. I like him

lizann
01-12-2008, 10:11

Ireland cant vote this year

The only talented contestant left is Alexandra and if she dont win its bloody rigged :angry:

lizann
01-12-2008, 10:12
X Factor bosses are said to be furious after a pregnancy testing kit was discovered in the house the female contestants share.

A researcher reportedly found the test, which could belong to a singer on the show or a crew member, in a communal room at the Hampstead mansion.

"Bosses went mad when told about the find because they have a duty of care towards the contestants and staff during their stay because of their relatively young ages," an X Factor insider told The People.

Simon Cowell was immediately informed of the find and the unnamed owner has since been discovered.

"After an investigation was launched the female who owned the kit sheepishly came forward and admitted it was hers," said the source.

"The words 'pregnancy' and 'X Factor' just don't sit well together. It's meant to be a family show and bosses will go to any length to protect that image."

So who plugged who :hmm:

lizann
01-12-2008, 10:52
LOVE cheat Diana Vickers has been romping with her boyfriend in his MINI—then returning to the X Factor house and snuggling up to fellow contestant Eoghan Quigg, we can reveal.

We snapped sly Di getting out of her fella Chris Jones’s car after one of their backseat sex duets.

Diana, 17—who is favourite to win this year’s series—then nipped indoors to her other love interest Eoghan, 16.

An insider told us: “Diana and Chris can’t do it in the house or in a hotel, so they just decided to do it in the back of his Mini.

“They go somewhere private because Diana’s starting to get famous and people would recognise her.

“But during the week she’s back in Eoghan’s arms—and his bedroom.”

Student Chris, 18, usually drives down from Manchester University to London every Saturday to watch Diana perform, before heading back on Sunday. The couple have been together for seven months—but he has ignored the rumours about Diana and Eoghan. Last week Diana, from Accrington, Lancs, denied she was in a relationship with the young bushy-haired hopeful, saying: “Things with Eoghan are fine—nice and friendly. He’s so much fun.

“He lifts me up. My boyfriend is fine about it. We had a conversation about it. On Saturday night he shook hands with Eoghan.”

But our source said: “It is all just a front. For weeks everyone’s been aware things are happening with Diana and Eoghan—even though Chris is still very much in the picture.

“Now Diana and Eoghan don’t even make any attempts to hide their relationship. Diana has become frosty with some of the other contestants—they think it’s disgusting how she has treated her boyfriend.

“They told her she was crazy to swap an 18-year-old with a car and good prospects for a little boy like Eoghan.”

A few weeks ago Diana allegedly told the others she was going to dump Chris—but didn’t.

Meanwhile Chris, who met Diana at a pub where she was working, recently said: “She’s such a nice girl and absolutely stunning.

“She gets a lot of attention now she is on TV—I try not to get jealous.”

But our insider said: “Diana is always running around the house calling out ‘Eoghan, Eoghan’ and he comes to her like a puppy dog.

“He is obviously crazy about her. He is always at her side and will do anything she asks.”

She has also been getting up other contestants’ noses by acting like a “diva”.

They are resentful that she appears to be getting preferential treatment by the judges. A few weeks ago she was excused from performing when she had laryngitis—although Alexandra Burke had to sing when she was ill.

And Diana was allowed to change her song the day before a recent live show to Coldplay’s Yellow.

Our source said: “Diana may come across as sugary sweet on telly but in real life she is quickly becoming a diva with a super-sized ego.

“She thinks she’s the ‘chosen one’ because of all the compliments she gets from the judges and the celebrity coaches who’ve been in.

“The other contestants are getting upset about how the bosses are openly showing favouritism towards her.

“She was supposed to sing Never Ever by All Saints for her comeback after the laryngitis but that was all changed at the last minute.

“She threw a tantrum the day before the live show and demanded to sing Yellow, insisting it suited her voice better. She ran off stage crying into the toilets and had to been placated by the producers.”

lizann
01-12-2008, 10:54
X FACTOR reject Rachel Hylton has launched an astonishing attack on her mentor Dannii Minogue— BLAMING the judge for her eviction from the show.

Bitter Rachel, 27, claimed she wouldn’t have lost if Dannii hadn’t chosen “rubbish” songs for her.

And she lashed out at TV bosses for “setting her up,” “exploiting her” and “forcing” her to be someone she’s not—just to please white middle-class viewers.

Rachel, an ex-junkie who was on benefits, fumed: “When you are there . . . they try to change you into someone you’re not. I called it exploiting you basically. ”

She told the News of the World: “When I first started X Factor I was very positive, I was full of life. I was very vivacious and bubbly.

“But by week four I had started to withdraw inside myself. I started isolating myself. You don’t know who you can trust on the X Factor.”

It was during the fourth week that mum-of-five Rachel had her biggest fight with her mentor Dannii.

The pair clashed since week one, when Dannii told her to sing Robyn’s Every Heartbeat—which was panned as “cheap” and “rubbish” by Simon Cowell. Rachel, from north-west London, said: “I asked the musical director if I could change it but was told ‘Dannii’s your mentor, she’s chosen that song and you have to sing it.’

“Behind the scenes Dannii was annoyed. She is not aggressive but you could tell. At her worst she won’t talk to you. She just won’t speak.”

Two weeks later Rachel was told by a show stylist she couldn’t wear a sleeveless green gown because her arms were “too fat”. She said: “I got really upset. I know I’m not the slimmest girl in the competition but I wanted to feel like a woman.

“I felt I was being dressed like a 40-year-old. I would look at the other contestants and think, ‘She looks nice but I look like a frump.’ It was like they were intentionally taking the p*ss out of me.

“I had to cry before they let me wear that dress. In the end they put panels on to cover the top of my arms.”

Worse was to follow the next week when she and her mentor had their infamous barney.

Dannii picked Mariah Carey’s hit Butterfly for her to sing, but Rachel went behind her back and performed Against All Odds instead.

Rachel said: “That Sunday I was on the phone and Dannii couldn’t find me. She was like, ‘If you need to go somewhere, can you let people know where you are going?’ She sounded irritated and that put my back up.

“She then said ‘Rachel, can you make sure you’ve got this melody right.’ That set me off because I had sat up the whole night working on Butterfly. I burst into tears and that’s when the cameras caught me.”

Rachel was filmed ranting, saying things like: “Dannii don’t know how to pick songs for me.”

The upset contestant then phoned an X Factor “bigwig”—widely assumed to be Cowell—and was given the go-ahead to pick her own song.

She said: “I didn’t tell Dannii but she found out and asked why I did it. I said, ‘Because I didn’t want to sing Butterfly no more.’

“We didn’t speak to each other a lot that week at all.” Rachel’s rant was broadcast on ITV1 that Saturday just before she went on stage.

She said: “All I could do was just hold my head down. That was a private moment for me and I’m really upset it was shown. It just felt like a blatant set up to take me off my game.”

“I had to tone down my personality a lot on the show because I didn’t want to constantly be put in that category of being a diva—the bad girl.”

Afterwards she and Dannii made up but Rachel then faced a public backlash two weeks later—when she made the gun gesture on stage to Daniel Evans after he was axed.

Around 50 viewers complained to ITV. Rachel spluttered: “I want to let people know it is a black thing. A lot of black African people and West Indian people do that.

“It’s like when white people do devil’s horns and go ‘rock out’, it’s the same thing when we go ‘bang, bang, bang’. I’m sorry it’s a gun sign but that’s how we express ourselves.

“How could I be threatening while Daniel jokingly returned it? No disrespect but I do sometimes feel it can be racism.

“Allow a black person to be a black person. We don’t tell you ‘why do you speak like this, why do you think you are above us?’”

She went on: “I was concerned about the middle-class white people getting the wrong impression of me. I was told that would be the background of the people voting—and they misunderstand black people a lot. I’m from the hood and what certain people class as common as muck.”

Last week Dannii had an on-stage breakdown after Louis accused her of “stealing” a Take That song from him for Rachel to sing.

Rachel said: “I heard that backstage Louis was saying some really vile stuff to her. He is a total old buzzard—he’s a diva and nobody notices. He’s fake—he’ll say hi to your face and be friendly but then he’ll turn around and do what he does.”

After being kicked out, Rachel went to McDonald’s with her family —WITHOUT saying bye to Dannii.

She says if she’d had Cheryl Cole as her mentor she could have reached the final. “Dannii is more of a dance singer,” she explained. “Simon is more across the board and Cheryl is really clued up with soul music. I would never work with Louis.”

But Rachel added: “X Factor has given me the platform to do what I want with my life.

“I left with a smile on my face and my head held high.”

tammyy2j
01-12-2008, 14:36
Its definitely not about talent anymore

*-Rooney-*
01-12-2008, 15:28
ruth was due to go, sure she was good this week but she is the weakest out of the ones left, think diana will go next.

Trinity
01-12-2008, 15:33
ruth was due to go, sure she was good this week but she is the weakest out of the ones left, think diana will go next.

I disagree totally.

Ruth and Alexandra are the only 'strong' ones in the show.

JLS, Diana and the wee laddie are all rubbish (IMHO).

Siobhan
01-12-2008, 15:46
Ruth has been strong all the way through.. ditto Alex.. they have both shown they can change their style to suit the genre..

Eoghan would be best on a stage, Diana would be best somewhere else and not on my tv and JLS is the next boyz to men.. .

*-Rooney-*
01-12-2008, 18:50

I disagree totally.

the viewers obviously didnt think so

Chris_2k11
01-12-2008, 19:02
how can anyone think that Diana is better than Ruth

Abbie
01-12-2008, 19:03
Its for people different tastes and what they like better

We know its a talent competition but you have to like the people as well.

Johnny Allen
01-12-2008, 22:19

I disagree totally.

To right Ruth and Alexandra have amazingly powerful voices, the only reason Ruth went is because she's not playing the poor me sympathy card (Diana) and doesn't have one country behind her like Eeoghan obviously does with Ireland.

Its time Diana and Eeoghan went, thats twice now the wee lad has sung with lots of backing singers and recieves lots of praises and High School Musical is not an American classic, I think everyone's been listening to too much of Same Difference. JLS and Alexandra for the final two, I hope the gorgeous and talented Ruth gets signed up, shes stunningly good.

Perdita
02-12-2008, 06:27
The final four acts in this year's X Factor have performed for competition winners at a secret gig.

Eoghan Quigg, Alexandra Burke, Diana Vickers and JLS sang before 28 fans in the basement of a Carphone Warehouse on Oxford Street in London.

Show favourite Burke said afterwards that she was surprised that bookmakers are now backing her to win the contest. "It's very, very scary. I got that news yesterday. It actually shocked me as I wasn't expecting that," she said.

Meanwhile, 16-year-old Quigg again denied rumours that he is secretly dating fellow singer Vickers, claiming that their bond is merely platonic.

He said: "We're really good friends. Ruth and Alex were good friends, and JLS have got each other. She's not my type anyway!"

Perdita
02-12-2008, 06:28
Simon Cowell is reportedly considering increasing security after a sophisticated bug was found on the undercarriage of his car.

The music mogul was said to be "completely freaked out" after the device was discovered, reports The Mirror.

Cowell asked his security team to search the Bentley Continental after noticing that a leather-clad biker frequently turned up wherever he was.

A source said: "He can't believe someone has gone to so much trouble and expense to monitor his every movement. It's extremely sinister.

"Simon has his suspicions as to who is responsible. He is so angry he is considering calling in the police to investigate further. It is a hassle he could do without - especially with The X Factor in its final stages - but it has to be done. He can't take any chances."

Earlier this year, auditions for Britain's Got Talent had to be halted when a similar device was found in the green room of the Palace Theatre in Manchester.

Amanda Holden, who shared judging duties with Cowell and Piers Morgan, described the discovery as "very Mission Impossible".

Perdita
02-12-2008, 06:39
TROUBLED star Amy Winehouse stunned X Factor judge Louis Walsh — by sending him a green tie and shamrock cufflinks.

The gift from posh London store Selfridges arrived for Irish Louis just before he went on air on Saturday.

Rehab singer Amy, 25, was thanking him for looking after goddaughter Dionne, who visited the ITV1 show’s Wembley studios.

A source said: “It came nicely wrapped up. Best of all was the handwritten note.

“I very much doubt that Amy wrote it herself as at the end of note there was just a scrawling signature in completely different writing.

“Louis was stunned.”

What about Amy on the judges panel :D

Perdita
02-12-2008, 09:32
Simon Cowell has revealed that he may quit his role as a judge on The X Factor.

The music mogul said he is considering giving up his position on the panel and moving behind the cameras.

"I’m definitely not retiring," he told Live magazine. "But I am going to make a couple of changes.

"The contracts are all up at the end of next year and what I may well do is stop actually being on TV. Give up the panel."

Cowell, who turns 50 next year, admitted that his hectic schedule is taking its toll.

"The thing that gets me is the schedule. Every day of my week is filled for the next year," he said.

"[Fame] takes a lot and it’s something I never wanted. I’m a music business person."

Noo, he can't do that :crying:

Abbie
02-12-2008, 17:52

:eek: GOD NO!!!!!!

Chris_2k11
02-12-2008, 18:18

:eek: GOD NO!!!!!!I think shes busy down the pub at that time!

Perdita
03-12-2008, 09:46
X Factor judge Cheryl Cole has instructed Diana Vickers to ignore criticism of her hand movements.

The Girls Aloud star offered advice to her act after thousands of viewers joined Facebook groups which campaign against the quirky gestures.

Vickers's style has also received a mixed response from the show's panel. Dannii Minogue compared the hand movements to a "puppet show" in the first live show of the series.

"It doesn't upset me. It's just people's opinion," Vickers told Heatworld. "People can think what they want. On Saturday night, I couldn't stop laughing about it. I was like: 'People are gonna look for the claw, Cheryl' and she said: 'Let the claw do what it wants to do.'

"I thought I'd change it a bit for Saturday night but it's just so natural. People would say: 'Why's she not moving?' and it's just something I do naturally."

The programme's vocal coach Yvie Burnett recently claimed that Vickers needs to "tone down" her unusual singing style if she wants to win the competition.

tammyy2j
04-12-2008, 16:20
Beyoncé is said to be in talks to sing a duet with X Factor finalist Alexandra Burke.

Show supremo Simon Cowell is reportedly looking to strike a deal with the singer which would see her perform in the final of the talent contest.

Burke, who last week sang Beyoncé's 'Listen', has become the bookmakers' favourite to take the X Factor crown.

She expressed her surprise at the support after performing at a secret gig earlier this week, saying: "It's very, very scary. I got that news yesterday. It actually shocked me as I wasn't expecting that."

tammyy2j
04-12-2008, 16:21
Lily Allen has blasted X Factor contestant Diana Vickers.

The singer expressed her frustration that Ruth Lorenzo was voted off the show last Saturday instead of the 17-year-old.

"Ruth was my favourite – really Vickers should have gone. I felt the whole thing was a bit of a farce," she told Radio 1.

"When she didn't sing on Mariah Carey week she should have had to come back the next week and sung a Mariah song as well as a Best Of British song.

"Then it would have been fair. I don't think that Diana is very... good."

Allen concluded her comments by claiming that Vickers would be a suitable candidate for the Eurovision Song Contest.

"Diana's good enough for Eurovision!" she said. "I'm a nice person really, I just don't like Diana Vickers!"

I so agree

Abbie
04-12-2008, 17:05
Beyoncé is said to be in talks to sing a duet with X Factor finalist Alexandra Burke.

Show supremo Simon Cowell is reportedly looking to strike a deal with the singer which would see her perform in the final of the talent contest.

Burke, who last week sang Beyoncé's 'Listen', has become the bookmakers' favourite to take the X Factor crown.

She expressed her surprise at the support after performing at a secret gig earlier this week, saying: "It's very, very scary. I got that news yesterday. It actually shocked me as I wasn't expecting that."
:cheer: Glad she will be singing with her

If she doesnt I think JLS will be good with her

Bryan
04-12-2008, 21:03
Ruth is coming to Southampton on Wednesday! Gonna try and get some tickets to go and see her :D

Perdita
05-12-2008, 06:22
Hope you can see her and that you enjoy the performance. Wish I could :(

Perdita
05-12-2008, 09:03
Glamour model Rebecca Loos has revealed that she thinks X Factor judge Dannii Minogue is "shaggable".

The former PA admitted that she prefers Minogue to fellow judge Cheryl Cole, who she described as "too skinny".

"I don’t fancy Cheryl. She’s not my type. I go for more masculine women, not so much into their looks and makeup," she told Zoo magazine.

"Having said that, I sometimes like girlie girls, but she’s too girlie. And too skinny. You can see the bones in her back."

She added: "Dannii's more shaggable. Cheryl’s beautiful but I’d rather take Dannii to bed!"

Loos recently claimed that she prefers "classic sex" to "kinky" bedroom activities.

I bet Dannii will be thrilled to learn that RL finds her a little masculine :lol: Wish RL would go back into obscurity where she was before she claimed her affair with David Beckham.

Trinity
05-12-2008, 12:17
Rebecca Looser is mistaken if she thinks we are at all interested in her, or her opinions.

She should take her opinions and he 'glamour photos' and personal exposes and flush them down the Loos

Perdita
05-12-2008, 13:59
Simon Cowell has revealed that he thinks Rhydian Roberts should have won last year's X Factor.

The judge admitted that Roberts, who took second place in the competition, was a more talented singer and performer than eventual winner Leon Jackson.

Speaking before Roberts's recent performance of 'The Impossible Dream' on The X Factor, Cowell told The Times: "Well, I think he's going to prove something tonight, which is that he should have won.

"I know I'm not supposed to say Rhydian should have won but it's true. I believe that 100%."

Cowell has since signed both Jackson and Roberts to his record label, Syco, as well as fellow finalists Same Difference.

Roberts released his self-titled debut album last month.

pookie1968uk
05-12-2008, 15:37
Simon Cowell has revealed that he thinks Rhydian Roberts should have won last year's X Factor.

The judge admitted that Roberts, who took second place in the competition, was a more talented singer and performer than eventual winner Leon Jackson.

Speaking before Roberts's recent performance of 'The Impossible Dream' on The X Factor, Cowell told The Times: "Well, I think he's going to prove something tonight, which is that he should have won.

"I know I'm not supposed to say Rhydian should have won but it's true. I believe that 100%."

Cowell has since signed both Jackson and Roberts to his record label, Syco, as well as fellow finalists Same Difference.

well anyone could tell he was the better singer. leon just got the votes from those who are looking for a pop idol.

pookie1968uk
05-12-2008, 15:40

Abbie
05-12-2008, 15:52
I agree, he was much better

SHame I didnt like any of the final two :lol:

Pinkbanana
05-12-2008, 16:18

Rhydian was definitely a better performer than Leon - who still doesnt look comfortable on stage... and I dont believe Leon has the X Factor at all!!! :thumbsdow

Rhydian should have won! It will be interesting to see if he does have manage to develop a meaningful, and high profile career though...does anyone know how well his album is doing???

Perdita
05-12-2008, 16:23
It is currently No. 3 in the album charts

Perdita
05-12-2008, 18:58
Simon Webbe has said that he thinks he is ready to marry his girlfriend Layla Manoochehri.

The former Blue singer, 29, claimed that his time on I'm A Celebrity... made him realise how much he loves his partner.

"I've been with Layla for four years and I still fancy the pants off her when she walks in the room," he told The Sun.

"I've never been like that with anyone. So many girls before just wanted me as a stepping stone to something. But Layla is so caring. She thinks about me all the time - she's so supportive.

"I said she could bring a mate to Australia and I'd pay, but she said, 'No, I want to be there for you'. This show has really proved to me how much I care for her.

"It dawned on me how much I love her. I'd like to think I'd marry her."

He continued: "All she's ever been is supportive of me. If that's not the qualities of someone you'd want to marry one day then I don't know what is."

Manoochehri, 22, was kicked off this year's X Factor in week two as part of the girl group Girlband.

Perdita
05-12-2008, 20:41
Alexandra Burke has been feeling lonely in the X Factor house following the departure of Ruth Lorenzo.

She "feels lost" without the Spanish singer and close friend by her side. The 20-year-old is also apparently "feeling more pressure" after her successful performance last week.

After being hailed by the judges for her rendition of Beyoncé's 'Listen', she "really [wants] to be in the final".

Burke also went out for dinner with fashion legend Jimmy Choo this week, who is rumoured to be designing a shoe for her. Choo heard about Burke through family friend Beverley Knight and was "impressed with what he saw".

The X Factor airs on ITV at 7pm on Saturday and the live results show follows at 8.50pm.

Perdita
06-12-2008, 17:25
Ben Shepherd has revealed that he is backing Alexandra Burke to win The X Factor this year.

The former Xtra Factor presenter remembers when Burke was first turned down by Louis Walsh at the judges' houses stage three years ago and is glad to see her back.

"I was working on the Xtra Factor when Alexandra was turned down all those years ago by Louis. Even that day, we were all sitting there going, 'I can't believe you said no to her!'" he said.

"For me, seeing Alexandra come back and seeing her perform I think is really, really exciting because I was there first time round."

He added that he believes the singer has the edge over fellow remaining competitors Diana Vickers, Eoghan Quigg and JLS, saying: "I think Alexandra is going to knick it. I think she really, really is an awesome talent."

I am really looking forward to tonight and next week :D

Perdita
06-12-2008, 17:59
ITV / Rex Features
X Factor stars JLS have been invited to support Michael Jackson on a tour of the UK.

Louis Walsh, who is mentoring the four-piece group, confirmed that Jackson wants to meet him in Ireland to discuss the matter.

"It's fantastic news for JLS," Walsh told The Mirror. "I hear Michael had been looking around for some fresh young talent for a long time. If talks go well then going on tour with Michael would be an amazing opportunity for JLS."

Jackson reportedly contacted Walsh after watching clips of the boyband's performances online.

A show insider revealed: "Hearing you have Michael Jackson as a fan is a massive compliment and is sure to lift their spirits this week."

JLS will battle for a place in the final in tonight's episode of the ITV1 talent series. Alexandra Burke, Eoghan Quigg and Diana Vickers will also be competing.

Suspect they would not see much of him, his oxygen tent won't be big enough to accommodate another 4 people, surely. :hmm:

tammyy2j
06-12-2008, 20:46
X FACTOR star Diana Vickers survived being booted off the show last week by less than half a per cent.

The Lancashire lass, who missed a week singing with laryngitis, is being shunned by voters.

Early on she was the bookies’ favourite, but show sources have revealed she has won only one week of voting.

After last Saturday’s poll she was only a whisker in front of eliminated Ruth Lorenzo, 25.

Now it is Irish lad Eoghan Quigg who is pulling in the votes. He has not been out of the top two and has led the voting six times.

Current bookies’ favourite, Alexandra Burke, 20, pipped 16-year-old Eoghan to first place last week, the first time she had topped the voting.

An ITV source said: “Eoghan’s been pulling in about a third of votes in most weeks. He’s still in the game but his fans can’t get complacent.

“However, Diana’s a lucky girl. She’s got to pull her socks up.”

JLS are tipped by bookmakers to lose out in tonight’s semi-final.

Meanwhile, superstar Beyoncé Knowles, 27, is in talks to sing a duet with Alexandra if she makes next week’s final.

And 56-year-old Louis Walsh’s manband Boyzone will perform with JLS if they make the final, even though Boyzone’s Stephen Gately, 32, is tipping Alex.

Crooner James Morrison, 24, is lined up to sing with Diana, 17, while boss Simon Cowell, 49, has not made up his mind who will duet with Eoghan.

Perdita
07-12-2008, 11:46
Simon Cowell has claimed that next weekend's X Factor final will be the most unpredictable in the show's history.

Alexandra Burke, Eoghan Quigg and boyband JLS will all compete for the £1 million recording contract following the elimination of Diana Vickers last night.

Speaking on The Xtra Factor, Cowell insisted that he is currently clueless about who will be triumphant on the night.

"You know what, I think this is, without question, the most open final we're ever going to have," he explained. "Any one of these three could win it now.

"No one's going into this final as an underdog and I wouldn't like to put my money on any of them right now. It's all going to be down to performances [and] song choices on the night."

Cowell also confirmed that he has special guests lined up to duet with each act, but refused to reveal their identities.

The X Factor final airs from 7.10pm on ITV1 next Saturday.

Perdita
07-12-2008, 12:03
FURIOUS Dannii Minogue has accused X Factor producers of editing the show to make her look like a bitch.

In an amazing interview that many fear could seal her exit from the programme, the pop princess claims she has been made into a villain to boost ratings.

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Star Sunday, Kylie’s younger sister tells how:

She attacked Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh for not caring about their contestants enough.

The show is edited so much viewers don’t get to see what is actually happening.

She and Cheryl have become incredibly close during the series.

Dannii, 37, said: “We all know there is very little reality in reality TV. The producers want to make the most dramatic and best show they can.

“At the audition stage it was edited so Cheryl and I never said a word to each other but that wasn’t the case.

“It has been an incredibly tough year and I haven’t ever known anything like it. But despite what everyone says Cheryl and I actually get on great.

“She gave me a big hug last week after Ruth [Lorenzo] was voted off. And she has been so supportive to me in the last few weeks.

“Nobody ever reports that though, instead everyone makes out how we can’t stand each other.”

Taking a swipe at Simon and Louis, Dannii claimed that she and Cheryl were the only judges still doing any mentoring.

She added: “It does hurt not having any acts left because I’m one of the few mentors who actually spends any time with my acts.

“Cheryl and I are a lot more sensitive about how our acts feel because we are performers ourselves.

“We know what they are going through and how hard it can be. Simon and Louis come from more of a manager background and prefer to mentor from afar.

“Maybe Cheryl and I are also a bit more maternal because we’re women.”

Despite the bitter backlash she has received, Dannii said she hoped to be back next year.

She added: “The X Factor is such an amazing show. It can be incredibly tough and draining but I do love it.”

Dannii also revealed how Ruth plans to launch an opera career despite being booted off last Saturday.

She said: “Ruth and I really are good friends. We see each other and speak all the time.

“I was devastated when she was voted out. She is a world-class performer and has been trained as an opera singer, her voice is amazing.

“I don’t think I’m being biased when I say she should definitely have been in the final but I’m sure she will have an amazing career anyway.”

The Aussie babe also showed her softer side by urging fans to vote for Cheryl’s act Alexandra Burke to win as she believes she has the biggest international appeal.

Backing Alex to follow in Leona Lewis’s footsteps, Dannii added: “She has an incredible voice. You can really imagine her being massive all over the world, whereas you can’t with some of the other finalists.”

Dannii believes Irish teenager Eoghan Quigg, 16, will be Alexandra’s toughest competition.

But she added: “He’s not really my thing. It would be hard for him to crack America unless you went down the whole High School Musical route. But if anyone could make it happen for him though, it’s Simon.”

From Daily Star on Sunday

Abbie
07-12-2008, 12:18
Hang on what edititng has been done now to make her look bad

She has no acts left now, how can she be made to look like a bitch?

I thought this was all over

DaVeyWaVey
07-12-2008, 12:24
I agree that the show is massively edited to bring out a certain 'narrative'.. I'm unsure though whether Dannii is being made out to be a "bitch" but I really hope she's back next year.

I am really glad Ruth and Dannii are still good friends. :) If there's something positive that Dannii can take out of The X Factor this year, it's that she has made a good friend in Ruth Lorenzo. I'm really glad Ruth will be launching an opera career too. I really hope she's successful, she deserves to be.

Chloe O'brien
07-12-2008, 23:56
Eh Hello Dannii but it was a different story last year when Sharon was being potrait as an utter bitch to you, it's a different story when the shoe is on the other foot. Tough cookie if you're not Mr Cowell's favourite now.

Abbie
08-12-2008, 17:49
Eh Hello Dannii but it was a different story last year when Sharon was being potrait as an utter bitch to you, it's a different story when the shoe is on the other foot. Tough cookie if you're not Mr Cowell's favourite now.

Thankyou for saying that :D

*-Rooney-*
08-12-2008, 17:57

Thankyou for saying that :D

couldnt agree more,

Siobhan
09-12-2008, 12:01
How amazing was El Divo on Saturday.. beautiful song..

Perdita
09-12-2008, 12:16
They are just brilliant. I must admit, I shed a couple of tears when they performed. Hope Father Christmas leaves me their latest album. :angel:

Siobhan
09-12-2008, 12:18
Me too... I love that song and it was so amazing the way they did it .. I felt stupid sitting there crying at a song but it was so moving...

tammyy2j
09-12-2008, 14:52
The X Factor finalist Diana Vickers is said to have been furious with her mentor Cheryl Cole when she got kicked off the show on Saturday.

Stories came out yesterday claiming Diana was upset over her outfit choices, and today The Mirror reports that she ‘raged’ at Cheryl backstage.

A source said Diana felt Chez had chosen the wrong songs for her, ‘First came the tears and then came the tantrums. Diana was acting like a spoilt kid. She and Cheryl had words backstage and Cheryl felt she needed to spend time with Diana.’

Diana is also said to have been desperate to quit the week before, and she told more! at the secret gig that she was having ‘some down days’.

The paper says executives begged her to stay, ‘She knew she’d already reached her peak, she felt she had lost the judges’ support.’ The two then kissed and made up at Cheryl’s house on Sunday over dinner.

Meanwhile, Diana is said to have dumped her boyfriend of eight months, and fellow contestant Eoghan has been raving about how much his family loves Diana.

Abi
09-12-2008, 15:13
The X Factor finalist Diana Vickers is said to have been furious with her mentor Cheryl Cole when she got kicked off the show on Saturday.

Stories came out yesterday claiming Diana was upset over her outfit choices, and today The Mirror reports that she ‘raged’ at Cheryl backstage.

A source said Diana felt Chez had chosen the wrong songs for her, ‘First came the tears and then came the tantrums. Diana was acting like a spoilt kid. She and Cheryl had words backstage and Cheryl felt she needed to spend time with Diana.’

Diana is also said to have been desperate to quit the week before, and she told more! at the secret gig that she was having ‘some down days’.

The paper says executives begged her to stay, ‘She knew she’d already reached her peak, she felt she had lost the judges’ support.’ The two then kissed and made up at Cheryl’s house on Sunday over dinner.

Meanwhile, Diana is said to have dumped her boyfriend of eight months, and fellow contestant Eoghan has been raving about how much his family loves Diana.

Someone on a blog that i read gave a good response to this story. Her songs on the night weren't bad ones, they were just badly performed. And she has seemed pretty gracious on her interviews since she left. Kind of conflicts with what this is saying.

Perdita
09-12-2008, 19:39
Aled Jones has revealed that he wants to end X Factor's monopoly on Christmas number ones.

The Welsh singer said he is hoping to finish the show's run of three consecutive festive chart toppers with his charity single 'Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth'.

The track, which features fellow Radio Two DJ Terry Wogan, will raise funds for Children In Need.

"Chris Evans heard it and proclaimed to the nation that it was his ambition to make it the Christmas number one as the antidote to X Factor," Jones told DS.

"I think the words he used were, let X Factor be number one for 51 weeks of the year, but for just this one, let's have something Christmassy and sentimental."

He continued: "Anything that challenges the norm is great, I think. X Factor has a monopoly on it. The fact is that I don't see this as a novelty song, it's not 'Bob The Builder'. This is a little bit more serious and we put our heart and soul into it."

Commenting on Wogan's vocal contribution, Jones joked: "I think he may have been having sneaky lessons. I think if you have a listen to ‘Floral Dance’ and then listen to this, he's much better on this. He's aged like a fine wine."

X Factor winners Leon Jackson, Leona Lewis and Shayne Ward landed the last three Chirstmas top spots.

Perdita
10-12-2008, 05:51
X Factor contestant Alexandra Burke has admitted that her body shape has "changed completely".

The 20-year-old has dropped four dress sizes to an 8 since auditioning for the fifth series of the ITV show.

Speaking to Heat, her sister Sheniece Burke said that Alexandra was shocked by the extent of her weight loss.

"When she comes home and we look at the tapes together, she's like, 'Oh my God, I've lost so much weight'," she said.

"[ALex] looks at pictures from when she was at boot camp and sees her body has changed completely."

Sheniece added: "I told her that even though what she's going is stressful, she's still got to eat."

Burke is the favourite to win this Saturday's live final.

Perdita
10-12-2008, 05:55
Tears welling on The X Factor or belting out pop in Girls Aloud, Cheryl Cole is the nation's new sweetheart.

And now it seems she's our angel as well.

Artist Lee Jones was inspired to portray the 25-year-old singer as the iconic Angel of the North after watching her as a judge on the ITV talent show.

'As an artist I feel the overwhelming warmth of the northern people towards Cheryl Cole and I wanted to portray this by depicting her as our very own Angel of the North,' said Mr Jones, who is based in Liverpool.

'I see her as a new icon of popular culture for the 21st century, a beacon of light in these bleak times - a fine example of a northern lass making good.'

Cheryl Cole was born in Newcastle and grew up in a household where money was always scarce.

At 19, she won Popstars: The Rivals, the TV talent contest for a place in Girls Aloud.

She is married to Chelsea and England footballer Ashley Cole, who she took back this year after claims he cheated on her.

The Angel of the North, which stands over the A1 in Gateshead, took four years to make, cost £1million and was designed to withstand winds of over 100mph.

Despite initial opposition to the sculpture, it is now considered a landmark for the North-East and is one of 12 official icons of England.

Mr Jones's Angel is hand-painted, with influences ranging from Andy Warhol's Marilyn silkscreen paintings to Peter Blake's Sergeant Pepper album cover.

It will be on show in London in February.