PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor (Pre-Live Shows)

lizann
02-07-2008, 17:27
So Sharon is gone and we have Louis, Cheryl Cole, Danni and Simon as judges/mentors.

Dermot back hosting.

Holly Willoughby is to front spinoff The Xtra Factor.

So when does it begin on TV? Have the auditions already begun?

Chloe O'brien
03-07-2008, 00:00
Yeah the auditions have began a few weeks ago. The series should begin around the end of August.

pookie1968uk
03-07-2008, 14:25
the auditions begain quite a while ago. my friend has got through several auditions and was doing his first audition in front of simon and co on monday. i havent heard yet how he got on, he was singing a michael buble song.

Perdita
03-07-2008, 14:37
the auditions begain quite a while ago. my friend has got through several auditions and was doing his first audition in front of simon and co on monday. i havent heard yet how he got on, he was singing a michael buble song.

I hope he did well and perhaps he will be featured on tv. :cheer: He must be good to get as far as sing in front of the judges. :thumbsup:

pookie1968uk
03-07-2008, 15:11

I hope he did well and perhaps he will be featured on tv. :cheer: He must be good to get as far as sing in front of the judges. :thumbsup:

i havent heard him sing the michael buble song but i have heard him sing and he has a pretty good voice, he can also play piano and guitar but you arent allowed to play your own instruments in the auditions.

Perdita
03-07-2008, 17:00
Louis Walsh has claimed that Cheryl Cole is outshining her X Factor co-judge Dannii Minogue.

Speaking to OK!, Walsh revealed that the Girls Aloud singer had made an instant impact on the show.

He said: "We've only been filming a few days but already you can see Cheryl is completely claiming the limelight from Dannii.

"She's brilliant on it and just calls things as she sees it. She has such a strong personality."

The show producers have been quick to deny rumours of a feud between Minogue and Cole.

pookie1968uk
06-07-2008, 18:37
my friend didnt get through to the next round which was a shame. i havent heard properly what happened but he did say louis was actually rude to him! i will find out more from him next time i see him.

Perdita
06-07-2008, 18:40
Aww, what a shame. However, to have sung in front of the judges shows that he has real talent. Can't imagine Louis being rude but then we would not see that on TV, I suppose.

Perdita
07-07-2008, 14:12
Former X Factor winner Leon Jackson says the behind-the-scenes atmosphere on the new series is much nicer without Sharon Osbourne.

And the 18-year-old denied claims that judge Dannii Minogue, 36, and Sharon's replacement Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole, 25, are locked in a bitter feud.

Leon, who triumphed last year, said: "I was invited to the London auditions and couldn't believe the whole change in atmosphere compared to how it was when I was on the show.

"This time Dannii is really getting on with Cheryl. Everyone is the best of friends. Dannii is making sure Cheryl is OK and showing her the ropes. There hasn't been any arguing."

The last series saw 55-year-old rock matriarch Sharon, 55, and Kylie's sister Dannii at loggerheads.

A show source said: "Last year Sharon and Dannii just didn't get on at all, but now that Sharon has gone, everything has calmed down."

From The Mirror

That totally contradicts what has been posted before :searchme:

Perdita
07-07-2008, 16:54
The X Factor judges have predicted that this year's winner will not come from Wales.

Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh claimed that visiting the country had been a waste of time after holding auditions in Cardiff last week.

"The talent was in the minority in Wales, if I'm being honest with you," Cowell told a Welsh newspaper. "There were a lot of people that turned up that should not have been there. Don't blame me when you see the show and you're let down."

Walsh added: "There's no way the winner's going to come from Wales. It has been very disappointing. The talent has just not been good enough. On a scale of one to 10, I would give the talent in Wales a three."

Louis revealed that he was glad to be leaving - as most of the auditions had been bizarre to watch.

He said: "There have been a lot of lunatics here - I was looking for Tom Jones and I got Bonnie Tyler. We need some good singers, and there haven't been any good singers here."

The X Factor returns for its fifth series on ITV1 in August.

That is a rather mean thing to say :thumbsdow

lizann
11-07-2008, 12:45
Former X Factor winner Leon Jackson says the behind-the-scenes atmosphere on the new series is much nicer without Sharon Osbourne.

And the 18-year-old denied claims that judge Dannii Minogue, 36, and Sharon's replacement Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole, 25, are locked in a bitter feud.

Leon, who triumphed last year, said: "I was invited to the London auditions and couldn't believe the whole change in atmosphere compared to how it was when I was on the show.

"This time Dannii is really getting on with Cheryl. Everyone is the best of friends. Dannii is making sure Cheryl is OK and showing her the ropes. There hasn't been any arguing."

The last series saw 55-year-old rock matriarch Sharon, 55, and Kylie's sister Dannii at loggerheads.

A show source said: "Last year Sharon and Dannii just didn't get on at all, but now that Sharon has gone, everything has calmed down."

From The Mirror

Where has Leon been?????

Perdita
11-07-2008, 15:41
At the London auditions :lol:

Chris_2k11
10-08-2008, 21:56
X Factor back on Saturday 16 August 7:30

Chloe O'brien
10-08-2008, 23:27
My niece goes to Scottish Slimmers and there is a woman who used to attend the class that my niece goes to, she was the Scottish Slimmer of the year and she got through to the next round. I don't know what she sung or what week she is going to be on but its at the Glasgow auditions. the judges voted 2-2 with Simon and Cheryl both saying no but she pleaded with Simon and he agreed to let her through.

Jessie Wallace
11-08-2008, 12:05
Well it all starts on Saturday, so you might get to see it then

DaVeyWaVey
11-08-2008, 21:24
I am looking forward to it starting on Saturday - I am going to miss Sharon though. :o

Jessie Wallace
11-08-2008, 22:33
i don't think i will miss her really, she was beginning to really get on my nerves

DaVeyWaVey
11-08-2008, 22:37
I liked her disagreements with Simon and the chemistry between Louis and Sharon on the judging panel. I remember last year when Sharon wasn't there for the first programme and we had Brian Friedman? instead... there was something missing on the judging panel and that was Sharon's contribution..

Hopefully Cheryl has been a good enough replacement though... I will reserve judgement and watch the first few shows. :)

Jessie Wallace
11-08-2008, 23:28
Yeh i suppose only time will tell. I like Danni tho, i know i'm probably the only one, but never mind!

Chris_2k11
11-08-2008, 23:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tk9FQVaySk

:D:D:D:D:D

Abbie
12-08-2008, 03:28
:eek: Its started already!!!! OMG

Chris_2k11
12-08-2008, 12:03
noo if you meant that clip i posted Abbie its Zoe from last year lol

Siobhan
12-08-2008, 12:19

thanks for that Chris.. gave me a good giggle this morning

Chris_2k11
12-08-2008, 12:24

thanks for that Chris.. gave me a good giggle this morning"cant believe it" :D

Abbie
13-08-2008, 02:53
No I just mean its started!!! Like it will start airing soon as well!

Chris_2k11
16-08-2008, 12:54
tonight woo :cheer:

Bryan
16-08-2008, 15:27
looking forward to this tonight, but i've got a nasty feeling it aint gonna be the same without Mrs O! Was watching the best and worst auditions shows on ITV2 last week and Sharon really lighted up the judging panel with her comments.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-08-2008, 00:43
What?! Ahh man I totally missed it! *Runs to ITV site for repeat checks*

Pinkbanana
17-08-2008, 00:48
I was actually quite impressed with thingy from Girls Aloud....I dont think Sharon will be missed that much imo...:)

My hair dresser, is going down to do the hair and that of a girl band who got through to boot camp....they nearly didnt cause of their 'style' soooo asked my hair dresser to sort them out...starting to think she's worth the small fortune I pay for her to make my locks look decent! :lol:

Kirsty :]
17-08-2008, 00:50
I really enjoyed it tonight :D
I actually think Cheryl Cole is a really good judge too, liek she was actually giving them advice and actually acted liek a judge.
It was very enjoyable :)
Shame they had all the planks on there from Wales! They only had 1 good person on there from here!

DaVeyWaVey
17-08-2008, 11:57
I know Kirsty - a bit of a shame about Wales.. but that girl from Bridgend was really good! I couldn't stop laughing at the two men who performed 'Mysterious Girl' I was in hysterics....soo funny. :lol:

I am quite liking Cheryl so far - didn't miss Sharon last night as much as I thought I would. Quite sad that guy didn't get through at the end. :( but he did only have an average voice in my opinion.

Bryan
17-08-2008, 12:30
Rachel was amazing, my Amy Winehouse bias aside, I'm glad she was given a second chance by the panel!

One thing that annoys me with the show is that you can always tell if someones going to get through, as soon as the sad music plays and they tell their sob story "my kids were taken into care" "loads of people commited suicide in my area" you just know theres no way the judges are going to say no to them, the same when they make a laughing stock of acts before they enter the audition room. I'd rather have less of that and see more of the auditions!

17-08-2008, 18:28
The crap auditions is what makes the show for me :lol: I usually stop watching after that tbh..
I managed to catch it in the end :lol: It was sooo funny! Loved it..
And honestly, it didn't feel as if Sharon was missing, which I was quite pleased about because I thought it would have a big affect on the show.

Chloe O'brien
17-08-2008, 19:37
It's too early to say if I miss Sharon, Cheryl acts if she will be a bit more kinder with her comments and the show should be about the acts and not the judges egos. Sharon was a massive impact on the show and only time will tell when it comes to picking the live acts if she is a loss to the show. Those lads from Wales were awful God know's how they must have felt watching themselves on TV.

I'm only watching x-factor until SCD comes back on then I'm jumping ship.

Chris_2k11
17-08-2008, 20:49
loved ant and seb hahaha

Bryan
20-08-2008, 11:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4Ec9vUrnA

Winner if ever I heard one! :D

Trinity
20-08-2008, 12:50
YouTube - Rachel Hylton Blows The Judges Away in The X Factor 2008 - No Good / Amy Winehouse (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4Ec9vUrnA)

All that talent and a sob story too - how can she lose?

(BTW, I hate all the bad auditions - they have been through 3 ROUNDS of auditions with the producers BEFORE they reach the televised rounds. These people are deluded because the show has deluded them! They are placed there for us to laugh at - how cruel.)

sindydoll
20-08-2008, 13:23
YouTube - Rachel Hylton Blows The Judges Away in The X Factor 2008 - No Good / Amy Winehouse (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4Ec9vUrnA)

she was fantastic wasnt she:cheer:

pookie1968uk
20-08-2008, 16:48

All that talent and a sob story too - how can she lose?

(BTW, I hate all the bad auditions - they have been through 3 ROUNDS of auditions with the producers BEFORE they reach the televised rounds. These people are deluded because the show has deluded them! They are placed there for us to laugh at - how cruel.)

yep, they are left in for the first few auditions so they can be put on tv and everyone can say how bad they are! so set up its unbelievable!

Chris_2k11
20-08-2008, 22:41

All that talent and a sob story too - how can she lose?I agree, you know straight away when ones gonna come on aswell cos they start playing the sad music :rolleyes: "I had a tough childhood" "I got into drugs when i was younger, i come from a rough area" whats next "my hamster died when i was 8" its about time they were banned imo, this isnt a sympathy show.

Abbie
21-08-2008, 03:11
So was is good. Have I missed some of the really good audtions, and my that I mean the awful funny ones too :p

Bryan
23-08-2008, 18:00
Former X Factor star Jonathan Ansell has described the new series of the talent search as "cringeworthy".

The opera singer, whose group G4 finished second to Steve Brookstein in 2004, said there were too many "sob stories" in last Saturday's first episode.

The Press Association quotes him as saying: "Simon [Cowell] has gone all out to Americanise it with the helicopters, the cars, and glamming it up. I think that worked incredibly well but I got incredibly frustrated with the sob stories as [it] went on.

"You need to give people the benefit of the doubt from their performance and then later on in the show maybe show what's happened in their life. But to do it so early on I found a bit cringeworthy and frustrating."

Ansell added: "Overall I found the show entertaining but it was just that element that bugged me."

Have to agree, it should be based solely on talent! Saying that I still think Rachel deserved to get through last week, her voice was outstanding! Blew me away!

Abbie
23-08-2008, 18:03
Yeah I do know what they mean at the sob stories, but at the same time their stories are real and cos of that I feel bad for sometimes complaining about them.

Im just watching the xtra factor, I'll have to watch online last weeks show

Chris_2k11
24-08-2008, 00:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOp2u_P36eY

LMFAO :D Oh my god what a loony!

Abbie
24-08-2008, 00:45
:lol: I thought she was great, well at first you though okay she might be okay and then she just went on and on

Chris_2k11
24-08-2008, 00:50
I love Simon's face when she wont stop going on about herself "yeah ive got the message" :rotfl: :rotfl: i think this is my fave so far haha

Abbie
24-08-2008, 00:55
lol shes on ITV2 now

Bryan
24-08-2008, 12:55
im really warming to cheryl tbf

but danni omg don't get me started on her! she's usless! she didn't show up for that one day of auditions and when she was there she gave very little constructive feedback, just saying "amazing" or shaking your head isn't what you getting paid millions for! she's a joke! to think Sharon quit becuase of her!

Chris_2k11
25-08-2008, 12:18
I think its just because they're focusing on Cheryl more cos shes new, im sure we'll get more from Dannii later on in the series. Have to say im not missing Sharon at all to be honest.

tammyy2j
25-08-2008, 14:42
Sharon O is missed.

I dont understand why Danni and Cheryl are judges

Bad Wolf
25-08-2008, 14:45
its flat without mrs O, fair enough she was a pain in the bum, but she made it very watchable, you can tell louis is missing her - he has no one to laugh with.

i can appreciate why cheryl is a judge - she came from reality tv and suceeded, Girls aloud and leona and to a degree will young are the only people to still have a career

could danni's face be anymore botoxed???

LostVoodoo
25-08-2008, 15:09
yeah, you can tell Louis misses Sharon; they always used to have a laugh winding up Simon and similar. I miss that, all the judges take everything to seriously now.

Saying that, I do quite like Cheryl and can see why they took her. Plus its mildly amusing seeing all the teenage boys trip over their feet the second they see her.

Bad Wolf
25-08-2008, 15:15
louis and sharon were like naughty school kids, now is just bland

Bryan
25-08-2008, 15:16
i keep wishing she'd just come back like Louis did after he was sacked, but i know it's too late now. maybe he'll sack Danni and bring her back next series, as he'll realise what the shows missing without her!!!

Bad Wolf
25-08-2008, 15:24
i cant see them ditching danni because she did so well last year, although - where is leon?????? he was awful!!

Chris_2k11
25-08-2008, 15:43
I dont understand why Danni and Cheryl are judgesWhy not? :searchme: they are both singers

Bad Wolf
25-08-2008, 15:50
I dont understand why Danni and Cheryl are judgesWhy not? :searchme: they are both singers

danni is debatable :lol:

Bryan
25-08-2008, 15:57
being a judge is more than just knowing someone can sing, you need to know their potential, how to market that potential, how to choose their image/song choices and how to promote them in the music industry. simon and louis have this experience, as does Sharon. Cheryl and Danni only know one side of the coin. I always thought they should have got Pete Waterman in as a judge.

Chris_2k11
25-08-2008, 15:58

danni is debatable :lol::lol: I quite like Dannii's music :o I begin to wonder, put the needle, etc. not as good as kylie of course though.

Pinkbanana
25-08-2008, 15:59
*waits to dodge the bullets* I don't actually miss Sharon being on the show. I think Cheryl is turning out to be quite a good judge...:thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
25-08-2008, 16:02
*waits to dodge the bullets* I don't actually miss Sharon being on the show. I think Cheryl is turning out to be quite a good judge...:thumbsup:I agree with you :)

Bad Wolf
25-08-2008, 16:07
cheryl is good, cant stand danni and i miss the interaction with louis and sharon

Chris_2k11
25-08-2008, 16:11
Sharon got a bit too big for her boots towards the end i thought, i think thats why i dont miss her.

Abi
25-08-2008, 16:20
This will make one member in particular very happy :p

Alicia Keys and White Stripes frontman Jack White have been lined up to appear on a special Bond-themed X Factor live show.

The pair have agreed to give a performance of their duet 'Another Way to Die', which is being used as the theme for forthcoming 007 movie Quantum of Solace.

Meanwhile, the show's finalists will be asked to belt out other Bond theme tunes, including Madonna's 'Die Another Day' and Shirley Bassey's 'Goldfinger'.

An insider told The Sun: "It's going to be brilliant. All the judges can wear black tie and we'll have a live orchestra. There are some great songs for the finalists to choose from.

"Everyone is excited about it. Let's face it, Simon would make an ideal Blofeld, Cheryl would be perfect as Pussy Galore, Dannii could be Vesper Lynd - and of course Louis would be Miss Moneypenny."

The X Factor continues at 7.10pm on Saturday on ITV1.

Bryan
25-08-2008, 16:23
:D :D :D oh yeah! if any of the finalists ruin any of the songs that'll jade my opinion of them for the rest of the series!

Bad Wolf
25-08-2008, 16:25
This will make one member in particular very happy :p

Alicia Keys and White Stripes frontman Jack White have been lined up to appear on a special Bond-themed X Factor live show.

The pair have agreed to give a performance of their duet 'Another Way to Die', which is being used as the theme for forthcoming 007 movie Quantum of Solace.

Meanwhile, the show's finalists will be asked to belt out other Bond theme tunes, including Madonna's 'Die Another Day' and Shirley Bassey's 'Goldfinger'.

An insider told The Sun: "It's going to be brilliant. All the judges can wear black tie and we'll have a live orchestra. There are some great songs for the finalists to choose from.

"Everyone is excited about it. Let's face it, Simon would make an ideal Blofeld, Cheryl would be perfect as Pussy Galore, Dannii could be Vesper Lynd - and of course Louis would be Miss Moneypenny."

The X Factor continues at 7.10pm on Saturday on ITV1.

jack white just sold out

Chris_2k11
25-08-2008, 16:36
have they had a bond theme before?

Bryan
25-08-2008, 16:49
have they had a bond theme before?

nope, just a movie theme one with Ben singing Live And Let Die

i've been hoping for one of these for a long time, but it should be dead good now with Alicia & Jack debuting their single on it. still, i'd have prefered Amy & Mark Ronson to have got the job

LostVoodoo
25-08-2008, 22:06
bond themes are a brilliant idea, they're big classy tunes that sort the weak from the divas! can't wait for that one!

lizann
26-08-2008, 12:08
Cheryl is too nice she needs to have some backbone

Cant stand Danni

I miss Sharon's swipes at Simon and her laughing fits with Louis

lizann
26-08-2008, 15:59
X Factor hopeful Alan Turner has been accused of lying to the judges at his audition.

The 23-year-old aspiring singer claimed that he had been in foster care since the age of four and was desperate to prove himself to his real parents.

"I'd just love it if they were to get in touch with me and to say they did want to see me," Alan explained on Saturday night's show. "I know it sounds a bit corny but I just want a real family - to know my real mam and real dad and just for them to say we love you no matter what."

The wannabe's father Alan Turner Snr has admitted that he is stunned by the story his son told on the show - as they spoke just five weeks ago.

"He has not been fostered. I have never signed any papers to have him fostered," Alan told The Mirror. "I was sat watching The X Factor when my son came on. I was shocked because I'd no idea he was on the show.

"I was even more shocked when I heard him say he had been fostered and wanted to find out who his real mum and dad were. I only spoke to him five weeks ago. I don't want to make a big deal about this because I don't want to cause problems for him - but the fact is he has told a lie. He's made himself look a bit of a clot."

Mr. Turner confirmed that he split from Alan's mother Debbie when his son was 18 months old and Alan was then brought up by his grandmother. Although they have not seen each other for five years, Turner claimed that he speaks to his son regularly on the phone.

"He calls me dad and always has. I'm baffled as to why he would say this in front of millions of people on telly," he said. "If he wants my support then I'm there."

I really hate when they tell a sob story for sympathy

this alan turner guy was hot

Chris_2k11
26-08-2008, 16:09
I had a feeling he was lying, it all looked very fake.

lizann
26-08-2008, 16:56
Louis Walsh has stuck the boot into Dannii Minogue - saying she has been eclipsed by new X Factor judge Cheryl Cole.

Minogue publicly fell out with feisty judge Sharon Osbourne when the petite Australian singer joined the ITV1 show last year.

Osbourne, who was replaced by Girls Aloud star Cole, claimed that Simon Cowell signed Minogue simply for her looks.

Minogue, whose chemistry with Cowell put her in the limelight in the last series, hit back by saying that Osbourne went out of her way to make her feel unwelcome on the X Factor.

Walsh, 56, said of Cowell: "He definitely flirted with Dannii throughout last year's series.

"But he seems to have moved on. He's flirting with Cheryl this year."

Asked whether Cowell had turned his attention to a "more attractive" model, he told Heat magazine: "Yes, you might say that. He's definitely paying attention to Cheryl now, not Dannii."

Walsh said of the show, which is about to go head-to-head with the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing show on Saturday nights, said: "I think it can go for a few more years.

"As long as the public want it and we get the talent through the door, and as long as we get the figures."

Is Louis jealous that Simon is not flirting with him?

Bryan
30-08-2008, 20:05
omg that woman with the dreadlocks is a nutcase

Abbie
30-08-2008, 20:36
She was crazy and scary! :eek:

Does any watch the Xtra factor? :lol:

30-08-2008, 20:39
That Ariel lady is a freak :eek: She scared me sooo much.. Wow.. :eek:

StarsOfCCTV
30-08-2008, 20:57
As soon as she went 'I am a person not a number'...oooh dear :lol:

What a nutter...:eek:

Katy
31-08-2008, 15:59
you could just tell after that i am not a number thing she was going to be awful. I am actually really enjoying the Xtra Factor with Holly. Its more backstagey this year i find.

Bryan
31-08-2008, 16:02
you could just tell after that i am not a number thing she was going to be awful. I am actually really enjoying the Xtra Factor with Holly. Its more backstagey this year i find.

anythings an improvement on Fearne Cotton hosting - I CAN NOT STAND that woman!

Chris_2k11
31-08-2008, 16:22
It felt to me as if they were just letting anyone through at certain points last night, even really average people.

Bryan
31-08-2008, 16:28
that girl with the sore throat was amazing, i think she'll make it to the live shows, I hope so anyways. The next Joss Stone maybe?

Abbie
31-08-2008, 17:16
I am actually really enjoying the Xtra Factor with Holly. Its more backstagey this year i find.

Yeah i thought that, and she makes it really really funny :p Like the section she had on last night about Tony the door opener :lol:

Siobhan
01-09-2008, 09:47
Does any watch the Xtra factor? :lol:

Yeah.. I can get it now as they are shown it directly after X factor on the irish channel... one thing I do have to say.. Charley was watching Xtra factor on Saturday and asked me why Holly and Cheryl were not wearing seat belts in the car.. strange I didn't notice but something she did.. these are suppose to be her role models and they are not abiding by the law.. maybe I am just getting too old and shouldn't have been annoy as i was

tammyy2j
01-09-2008, 11:19
Holly Willoughby is brillant presenting X Factor Xtra she is really funny

Bryan
06-09-2008, 14:53
now that Big Brother is over, I'm glad the X Factor's back on! It'll be my reality fix up until christmas!

I'm not the biggest fan of the auditions, i much prefer it when it gets to live shows!

Chris_2k11
06-09-2008, 18:07
Tonights episode is on at 6.50

DaVeyWaVey
06-09-2008, 20:11
Tonight's auditions were alright. That 17 year old from London really stood out for me though as well as that other guy..Arrgh forgot his name but he sang Black and Gold - a weird song choice I thought, but he did it really well!

That guy at the end was really good too - he sang from the heart. I just hope if he gets through to the live shows, he doesn't play on his 'sob story' each week.

Perdita
06-09-2008, 20:13
Yeah, I am fed up with people tugging on heart strings to get through to the next round. Wish Cheryl had not cried either, I don't think it is very professional.

CrazyLea
06-09-2008, 20:59
Yeah.. I can get it now as they are shown it directly after X factor on the irish channel... one thing I do have to say.. Charley was watching Xtra factor on Saturday and asked me why Holly and Cheryl were not wearing seat belts in the car.. strange I didn't notice but something she did.. these are suppose to be her role models and they are not abiding by the law.. maybe I am just getting too old and shouldn't have been annoy as i was
I watched Xtra Factor today, and if Charley meant the bit I think she meant. Dannii had it on, Holly didn't, but they weren't moving, and Holly got out straight after. But I may be thinking of a different bit.

Ah so glad X Factor is back. Very entertaining. That 17 year old also stood out for me... Jemelle or something???

Xtra Factor is also really good. Holly is great. I used to hate her til I saw her in this :D.

Chloe O'brien
06-09-2008, 23:34
now that Big Brother is over, I'm glad the X Factor's back on! It'll be my reality fix up until christmas!

I'm not the biggest fan of the auditions, i much prefer it when it gets to live shows!

Bryan SCD starts back on Saturday. Come over to the other side. Bruno and Craig are much more entertaining than Cherly and Dannii

Behemoth
07-09-2008, 22:31
That guy at the end was really good too - he sang from the heart. I just hope if he gets through to the live shows, he doesn't play on his 'sob story' each week.

He had such a sad story. A really, really sad story. :(

Chris_2k11
08-09-2008, 21:44
who was that woman "im 55 and STILL as gorgeous as ever!!" lmao :rotfl:

Hollie-x
09-09-2008, 16:59
who was that woman "im 55 and STILL as gorgeous as ever!!" lmao :rotfl:

Lmao. Started singing - 'man, i feel like a woman' I said to my mum well she looks like a man.

did anyone see the woman singing My Heart Will Go On the other week.
I had just got the house where I was babysitting and I swear everyone's jaws hit the floor. That was just awful. And the couple singing 'It's All Coming Back To Me' this week? They didn't even get the right words!

Chris_2k11
09-09-2008, 18:28
that married couple were sick lmao, was there any need for all the kissing

Chris_2k11
09-09-2008, 19:25
also how could I forget about these three! :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48xDGAuKhI

Siobhan
10-09-2008, 10:04
hahahaha.. they were really bad and actually thought they were good.. do you think most of these people know how bad they are and it is all just an act?

Chris_2k11
11-09-2008, 18:22
I think half of them are a set up to be honest, but im not bothered cos their still hilarious to watch haha

Chris_2k11
13-09-2008, 15:37
Tonights episode is 7.30

Abbie
13-09-2008, 16:58
why do they keep changing the times?

Bad Wolf
13-09-2008, 17:10
dunno - but it means you can watch SCD and x factor! without overlap

Abbie
13-09-2008, 17:11
true, but tonight for SCD its just the launch show I dont watch that

Bad Wolf
13-09-2008, 17:46
should be fun!

Chris_2k11
13-09-2008, 21:18
Bit boring tonight although I thought that Hannah girl really stood out, I found her a bit strange appearance wise though

Bad Wolf
13-09-2008, 21:23
i thought that!!!

how mean was cheryl with the last dude?

Chris_2k11
13-09-2008, 21:26
I think she had to say no though really, he was totally average!

Bad Wolf
13-09-2008, 21:27
true, sharon would have let him through tho!

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2008, 21:36
Next week is the last week of the auditions already. Then it will be boot camp.

Bad Wolf
13-09-2008, 21:45
who do you think will get who??

cheryl - young boys
danni - over 25's
simon - young girls (the screeching will drive him mental)
louis - groups

Chris_2k11
13-09-2008, 21:48
I think Cheryl will get the groups.

Chloe O'brien
14-09-2008, 18:47
Simon: Young boys.

Cheryl: Young girls

Dannii: Groups

Louis: Over 25

Abi
15-09-2008, 00:26
Is the editing of the audtions really annoying anyone else? They edit in reactions that the judges didnt even give to that act - Their clothes change while the same contestant sings! And they've used the same shots of Louis looking confused and Danni looking shocked every week. Its so obvious, you'd think they'd cover it up more.

Chris_2k11
15-09-2008, 00:33
Is the editing of the audtions really annoying anyone else? They edit in reactions that the judges didnt even give to that act - Their clothes change while the same contestant sings! And they've used the same shots of Louis looking confused and Danni looking shocked every week. Its so obvious, you'd think they'd cover it up more.I've noticed this aswell, I thought it was just me at first!

tammyy2j
15-09-2008, 10:22
There is no one so far standing out for me.

I miss Sharon and dont get the point of Danni now she is not at some auditions

Holly is hilarious on Xtra Factor i hope she gets to co present the live shows with Dermot

Perdita
15-09-2008, 15:31
Is the editing of the audtions really annoying anyone else? They edit in reactions that the judges didnt even give to that act - Their clothes change while the same contestant sings! And they've used the same shots of Louis looking confused and Danni looking shocked every week. Its so obvious, you'd think they'd cover it up more.I've noticed this aswell, I thought it was just me at first!

I noticed it too, a lot of the same reaction shots. I miss Sharon, I don't think that there is the same chemistry between the judges now than there used to be.

Bryan
15-09-2008, 16:14
bored of the auditions now, bring on the live shows!

Siobhan
15-09-2008, 16:19
bored of the auditions now, bring on the live shows!

Think next week is the last before boot camp. I have to say I am enjoying Xtra factor more

Pinkbanana
15-09-2008, 18:47
Think next week is the last before boot camp. I have to say I am enjoying Xtra factor more

I totally agree with you there....it's more entertaining/fun to watch.

Layne
16-09-2008, 18:23
Xtra factor is so much better, i love Holly :)

Auditions are getting boring - and i have noticed the edits and stuff :rolleyes:

lizann
18-09-2008, 11:59
Britney Spears is set to appear on the latest series of The X Factor, according to newspaper reports.

But no, she hasn't fallen so far that she has to audition for a place in front of Simon and co - instead she is expected to make an appearance on the show in December to promote her new album.

The X Factor slot will mark Britney's first visit to the UK in four years and will see her perform her new single Womanizer.

Since last appearing in the UK, Britney has been divorced, married, divorced again, had two kids, been involved in a custody battle for the kids and shaved her head. Phew.

Her last high-profile music appearance was at last year's MTV music awards which was widely criticized due to her sloppy dancing and out of time lip-syncing.

Perdita
22-09-2008, 06:15
CHERYL Cole reckons she will be mentor to the next X Factor winner — after landing her dream category.

The talent show’s newest judge has already told TV Biz she wanted to coach the groups section after seeing their “brilliant” auditions.

And although show chiefs wouldn’t confirm it yesterday, the Girls Aloud beauty, 25, grinned: “I’ve definitely got the category I wanted.”

Cheryl vowed: “I don’t need to win for me. I need one of my acts to win — and I KNOW I’ve got one there.”

The star had previously said: “I really want to get the groups. There have been so many brilliant groups auditioning.”

But a group has never won The X Factor. Last year, show chief Simon Cowell, 48, claimed he would go all the way with brother and sister duo Same Difference — but they ended up third.

But Simon’s girlfriend Terri Seymour has revealed the pop guru thinks Cheryl is the best talent spotter he has ever seen.

Terri said: “Cheryl’s fantastic. Simon told me, ‘She’s the best judge I’ve worked with, she’s a natural. She just gets it’.”

But Cheryl was relieved when filming of the auditions stage was finally over.

She admitted she’d had to be brutally honest with some of the more deluded wannabes, saying: “I don’t think it’s fair to give them false hope.”

lizann
22-09-2008, 10:42
Is Cheryl Cole annoying any one else by always crying? :angry:

I really cant stand her and Danni , bring back Sharon

X Factor Xtra is much better, I hope Holly co-presents the live shows with Dermot

Perdita
22-09-2008, 12:48
I can't stand Cheryl crying when a contestant comes in with a sob story. I really miss Sharon too. I was a bit weary when they announced Holly as a presenter but she does a very good job, it is fun to watch her and Dermot.

lizann
22-09-2008, 15:05
Cheryl Cole has been told which category she is mentoring on The X Factor – and she's chuffed to bits.

The Girls Aloud star is not yet allowed to say who she'll be looking after, but it's thought she's been given the groups.

‘I really want to get the groups,’ she said previously. ‘There have been so many brilliant groups auditioning.’

And now 25-year-old Cheryl has been told which category she has, she reveals: ‘I’ve definitely got the category I wanted.'

And 48-year-old Simon Cowell’s girlfriend Terri Seymour reckons Cheryl may be victorious this year.

‘Cheryl’s fantastic,’ she tells The Sun. ‘Simon told me: “She’s the best judge I’ve worked with, she’s a natural. She just gets it."’

Chris_2k11
22-09-2008, 15:36
I don't think she can really help the crying when all these sob stories are thrown at her to be fair. They really need to be banned though, there should be a rule where every contestant should not be allowed to mention anything about their personal life or family problems or whatever, its got nothing to do with what the competition is about.

Trinity
22-09-2008, 15:54
My niece told me that they actively sought out the sob stories during the audition process.

She got through the 3 rounds of auditions with the producers before being thrown out by the judges.

I have to say I am horrified that the producers push all the mentally ill and delusional folks to the TV rounds. It is the modern equivalent of putting mentally ill people or disabled people in cages to be laughed at by the general public.

Bad Wolf
22-09-2008, 21:04
thats awful, i know someone who went to one audition and got binned by the producers, when do they film the huge crowd scenes with dermot and holly, because its obvious the judges only see a minority of people??

Bad Wolf
22-09-2008, 21:43
bloody hell and flipping heck!!! the faith hill song that made everyone cry (myself included- sobed my eyes out) on the x factor that was sung by the blode girl is up to number 4 on ituned - surly as a direct result?????????????

lizann
23-09-2008, 11:42
bloody hell and flipping heck!!! the faith hill song that made everyone cry (myself included- sobed my eyes out) on the x factor that was sung by the blode girl is up to number 4 on ituned - surly as a direct result?????????????

She only got through because of her sob story she wasnt that good

I dont think contestants should be allowed speak about their lives they should only be judged on their singing

Perdita
23-09-2008, 11:51
I think she has a good voice but would like to hear her perform a different song before making my mind up. I agree that contestants should not speak about their lives trying to gain sympathy votes to get through :mad:

Behemoth
24-09-2008, 00:56
I think she has a good voice but would like to hear her perform a different song before making my mind up. I agree that contestants should not speak about their lives trying to gain sympathy votes to get through :mad:
Cowell loves it though. The show is dramatised so much, especially the sad stories. The sad music starts playing, and the camera slows down and the contestant is seen crying.

I remember what Andi Peters said about the original Gladiators; that the producers loved it if somebody got injured and even better if the stretcher had to come out because it dramatised it and kept the viewers hooked.

Cowell is a very good producer and a sob story gives him what he needs to sell The X Factor to the masses because we love an underdog.

Bad Wolf
24-09-2008, 08:09

She only got through because of her sob story she wasnt that good

I dont think contestants should be allowed speak about their lives they should only be judged on their singing

i think the theory is, you learn about the sad background of the contestants, you want them to win, you vote more to make them win, and thus line cowells pockets with more money

Perdita
26-09-2008, 06:13
GORGEOUS Dannii Minogue is spicing up the X Factor by bringing in Emma Bunton as her judging sidekick.

The Aussie told TV Biz that Baby Spice, 32, has been a godsend when it comes to deciding which wannabes to put through.

Dannii, 36, who is putting the over-25 hopefuls through their paces at her rented pad in the ritzy French resort of St Tropez, said: “She’s been brilliant — one of the best X Factor guest judges ever.

"She really helped me focus on who we should be putting through to the next round.”

The beauty added: “Emma is one of the biggest X Factor fans so she knows the show inside out.”

Each of the ITV1 hit’s four judges is allowed to pick a trusty aide to help them weed out weaker contestants during singing boot camps at the stars’ homes.

And Dannii revealed that she is finding the process heart-breaking.

She admitted: “It’s so hard deciding who to put through and who to send home because it means the world to these people.

“You’re sitting there and you’re in charge of these kids’ hopes and dreams.”

Meanwhile just up the French Riviera’s coast, in Cannes, Cheryl Cole, 25, has turned to Girls Aloud bandmate Kimberley Walsh, 26, to pick the best of the girls’ category.

Fellow judge Louis Walsh, 56, has picked Westlife singer Shane Filan, 29, as his helper.

The singer has flown out to Louis’ Irish home to give his advice on the shortlist.

And Simon Cowell, 48, has regular sidekick Sinitta, 41, to help him whittle down the lads’ category at his home in Barbados.

Dannii revealed her Baby signing as Britney Spears, 26, put pen to paper to perform on the show — just as The Sun predicted.

Simon Cowell said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have her.

“Everyone wants to work with her because she’s a star. She’s the number one booking in the world at the moment for a show.”

Television’s Mr Nasty added: “The fact that she goes a bit crazy occasionally makes her more interesting. And if she wants to shave her head before she comes on the show, she’s welcome to. I don’t care.”

Britney is just one of a star-studded line-up set for guest performances on the talent quest.

Leona Lewis, 23, will return to the show which made her name when she won the series in 2006.

Last year’s winner Leon Jackson, 19, is also coming back to showcase his new single.

And Girls Aloud are rumoured to be making an appearance.

Meanwhile, Dannii has said she wants Michael Jackson, 50, to join them, alongside Cher, 62, and

Jennifer Aniston’s ex, US blues singer John Mayer, 30

tammyy2j
26-09-2008, 12:04
Boyzone have asked Louis Walsh to secure them a coveted performing slot on The X Factor.

The reformed boyband, who release comeback single 'Love You Anyway' on Monday, are keen to follow in the footsteps of Celine Dion, Westlife and Girls Aloud, all of whom performed on the show last year.

Group member Stephen Gately told DS: "We said to him recently, 'Come on Louis, you have to get us on the show for a song'... He'll have to, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't!

"It probably won't be this single, but hopefully we'll do the next one, which is a beautiful ballad that's coming out just before Christmas."

Simon Cowell confirmed earlier this week that Britney Spears is to appear on The X Factor this year.

Chris_2k11
27-09-2008, 15:24
7.45 tonight everyone

27-09-2008, 16:12
Simon Cowell is said to be 'furious' after the names of the final 12 X Factor acts were leaked on the internet.

Show producers had hoped to keep the identities of the finalists under wraps until they were officially announced on the ITV1 talent series next weekend.

However, an unofficial fan site for Rachel Hylton, who wowed the judges in her original audition, correctly named all of the contestants earlier this week. The site's owners were later forced to remove the information after the X Factor legal team intervened.

"Simon Cowell was furious because he knows one of the biggest shows of the series is the 'reveal' of finalists," an insider told the Daily Record. "He doesn't want anyone to ruin it."

An X Factor spokesman said: "Rachel was not aware of the site and she was not involved."

Viewers will see the four judges starting to whittle down the final 150 acts in tonight's first Boot Camp episode, which airs at 7.45pm.

Hollie-x
27-09-2008, 16:19
All i know about the judge's categories is that Louis had groups apparently. A woman who i babysit for, her friend's daughter was in a girl group and got through to boot camp and they went to Louis house but never made it through anymore.

I think Louis will be good with the groups 'cause he has quite a few really successful groups of his own.

Bryan
27-09-2008, 21:08
tonight's episode is amazing, so much raw talent this year. it's blows last year's contestants dead in the water. The only one I liked last year was Nicki and she is pale in comparison to most this year.

Saying that the only talented ones this year are the girls! How the hell is Cheryl going to pick only 3 of them? so many great ones there! it should just be 12 girls in the final this year!

Rachel - amazing, winner already in my eyes. she has talent, she has balls, she's worldclass.

Abbie
27-09-2008, 21:10
I think the best categories that I can see at the moment, are the girls and the groups

27-09-2008, 21:19
I don't usually like Boot camp, but I was jsut blwon away, they're all amazing!!
I liek Rachel too... but I agree with Simon about the song, I think they'll find it difficulkt to find the right songs for her, but wither way she'll pull it off and more :D

Bryan
27-09-2008, 21:31
;608255']I don't usually like Boot camp, but I was jsut blwon away, they're all amazing!!
I liek Rachel too... but I agree with Simon about the song, I think they'll find it difficulkt to find the right songs for her, but wither way she'll pull it off and more :D

at the end of the day being the x factor winner should be more than just singing other peoples songs, he says he wants some original - she is. if she wrote/performed songs for her albumn they would be original, fresh, exciting. i don't think it's fair she's penalised becuase she doesn't conform to what's already been.

i mean imagine a talent like amy winehouse on the x factor, it would be hard to reign her talent in with singing other people's songs, it would only limit her talents and create mediocre performances

LostVoodoo
27-09-2008, 21:46
;608255']I don't usually like Boot camp, but I was jsut blwon away, they're all amazing!!

at the end of the day being the x factor winner should be more than just singing other peoples songs, he says he wants some original - she is. if she wrote/performed songs for her albumn they would be original, fresh, exciting. i don't think it's fair she's penalised becuase she doesn't conform to what's already been.

i mean imagine a talent like amy winehouse on the x factor, it would be hard to reign her talent in with singing other people's songs, it would only limit her talents and create mediocre performances

but that's all she is, a good Amy Winehouse imitator! I'm not saying she hasn't got talent, but her voice is so close to Amy's it sounds like she's deliberately trying to sound like her. but hey, it worked for Leon with his Michael Buble impression every week...

27-09-2008, 22:18

Oh yeah definately, IO'm not knocking her talent.. she's amazing!
But they do have to sing other people's songs and I think that's what's always going to throw her back every week in the competition, I don't think it will be "you don't have a good voice" I thnik it will be more "You were given the complete wrong song to sing"... which is wrong jsut as you've said above.. I typed all that out and then re-read the Amy Winhouse bit and basically that's what I tried saying then lol.. jsut not very well.

Abi
28-09-2008, 00:33

One of Amy Winehouse's biggest hits was a cover though. Valerie.

Hollie-x
28-09-2008, 12:22
I think they did really well last night. And they kept singing Celine's First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (: well not originally hers but i absolutely love that song (:

Bryan
28-09-2008, 12:34
I think this could be the best series yet!

If Rachel gets through to the finals, (which she will) then I can't wait to hear blast out one of the tunes on the Bond night!

Bad Wolf
28-09-2008, 12:39
why do they all sing the same three songs?

Bryan
28-09-2008, 12:49
why do they all sing the same three songs?

suppose the judges gave them a set list, songs that can seperate the wheat from the chaff

DaVeyWaVey
28-09-2008, 13:27
I am really liking the groups this year, especially that boy group forgot their name.. J.. something but they were really good and I like 'Girlband' and the ones Louis said were like hairdressers.. I hope those 3 bands get through as I like them.

The girls category is extremely strong this year but I think Rachel needs to work on her attitude. She's a very talented singer, but her attitude could pull her down I think.

For the boys, Austin really sticks out for me.

Trinity
28-09-2008, 14:37
Rachel is a good singer, but appears to be quite a horrible person. If this competition is on talent alone then she may go far, but really the likability factor is important. I wouldn't vote for her.

Abbie
28-09-2008, 15:36
I was wondering why they kept singing the same songs, cos now and then youd here a different song, but it pretty much was the same songs

Chris_2k11
28-09-2008, 18:55
I think I may have a new fave :wub: there was a woman on the xtra factor from Spain, not sure what she was called but I really liked her! hope she stays in it.

Chris_2k11
28-09-2008, 19:02
One of Amy Winehouse's biggest hits was a cover though. Valerie.very true and ive still got the opinion that the original was far better!

Bryan
28-09-2008, 19:23
I know the one you mean Chris, she was quite good, don't know if she's good enough to get into the final 3 over 25s, espec with Rachel filling up one of the places :D

I don't think Valerie was one of Amy Winehouse's best songs if you ask me, which is what I mean about Rachel, she might do that great singing normal old songs, just becuase they worked for others doesn't mean it'll work for her.

Bryan
28-09-2008, 19:24
:eek: as if that girl just walked off! such a shame as i really liked that group! hope they're given a second chance!

Chris_2k11
28-09-2008, 19:42
Ruth! thats her name just been on

Bryan
28-09-2008, 19:44
Ruth! thats her name just been on

she was great! have a strong feeling she'll make it through to next weeks with that performance just.

Chris_2k11
28-09-2008, 19:56
Ruth is through! :cheer: omg I think I want her to win, theres something I really like about her.

Abbie
28-09-2008, 21:58
:eek: as if that girl just walked off! such a shame as i really liked that group! hope they're given a second chance!

I dont understand, what happened?

tammyy2j
29-09-2008, 14:30
The X Factor judge Dannii Minogue has been forced to deny rumours she threatened to walk off the show over the popularity of fellow judge Cheryl Cole.

There were reports over the weekend that the Aussie singer berated Simon Cowell over the airtime she was getting compared to Cheryl, and said she’d walk if he didn’t sort it out sharpish.

Dannii has spoken out, saying: ‘There are no crisis talks and there are no ultimatums. I love being a part of The X Factor. By watching all the backstage and behind-the-scenes footage on The Xtra Factor on ITV2 you can see we are one big happy family.

‘I missed two audition days in Birmingham. For this reason it may appear to some that I’m missing from the show!’

However, a show source has said that although there was no big bust up, Dannii’s agents did have a quiet word with the producers about favouring Cheryl in the editing: ‘There has been no big row between Dannii and Cheryl, but Dannii’s people asked for her to be included a bit more in the editing process. The girls aren’t best friends. They have never pretended to be close, but there's no way that Dannii is going.’

This is Dannii's only gig/job/work she is going no where

Perdita
29-09-2008, 16:27
Rex Features
Cheryl Cole has been offered £1 million to return for the next series of The X Factor, according to The Mirror.

Simon Cowell is reportedly eager for Cole to sign a new contract before Girls Aloud head off to tour the US.

"Cheryl has been an instant hit with viewers and contestants," an insider is quoted as saying. "She initially signed a one-year deal as she wasn't sure how she would fare and Simon didn't want to commit to an unknown quantity. Now he's desperate to get her for a new series and put pen to paper.

"He realises he will have to fight to keep her as Girls Aloud are in talks to do a US tour. So Simon needs to act fast and get her to sign before she has unavoidable commitments.

"As part of the package there's talk of involving her in another of Simon's shows. Cheryl is flattered."

If the proposed deal is agreed, Cole will earn £100,000 more than co-judge Dannii Minogue, who recently denied reports that she is considering leaving the ITV talent show after feeling sidelined by the new arrival.

Obscene amount of money to judge a handful of people trying to win a talent show in my opinion.

Siobhan
29-09-2008, 16:30
Rachel - amazing, winner already in my eyes. she has talent, she has balls, she's worldclass.

Isn't she in the over 25 group??

CrazyLea
29-09-2008, 18:01
I love Davina at the moment (think it's Davina) blonde hair. But the judges thought she was too young or something?? :hmm: She's awesome though.

Chris_2k11
29-09-2008, 18:59
I read on DS that apparently Ruth hasnt got through to the finals :crying:

Behemoth
29-09-2008, 21:03
The X Factor
finalists have been leaked

Confirmed by multiple sources

Cheryl Cole - GIRLS
Diana Vickers
Laura White
Alexandra Burke

Simon Cowell - BOYS
Scott Brunton
Austin Drage
Eoghan Quigg

Louis Walsh - GROUPS
Badlashes
Girlband
JLS

Dannii Minogue - OVER 25s
Rachel Hylton
Danny Evans
Suzie Furlonger

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

CrazyLea
29-09-2008, 21:03
I was just looking in The Sun ( I know, I know how could I :lol:) and it reminded me of someone else I liked... but I can't remember the name now.. it was literally like 1 min ago I looked too!!! Well she has black hair... if that helps :lol:

:eek: thanks Rob!!!! Diana was the one I liked not Davina.. is there even a Davina :lol:. My memory has gotten so bad!!!! I had a feeling Euoghan would get through tbh... he is good, but even if he wasn't I think he would have.. he's got the cute factor :rolleyes:
This is gonna be a good year I reckon :cool: lots of strong contenders!!

Bryan
29-09-2008, 21:11
Omg that Suzie Furlonger one was in the girlband The 411!

As if she never mentioned that in her auditions!!!

Chris_2k11
29-09-2008, 21:19
Why did Simon bother bringing Liam back? I'm disappointed about Ruth to be honest not sure who i want to win now. haha and one of my friends is called Laura White!

CrazyLea
29-09-2008, 21:20
They always do that don't they. Not just The X Factor.. other shows like that.. bring them back, make them think they may do it, then say no. :rolleyes:

lizann
30-09-2008, 10:22
Now we just want to let you know that this list of X Factor finalists is NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, but there have been many predictions on forums all over the UK by those claiming to be ‘in the know’. I bet that at least some of them are right!

Is there anyone you think should be there or anyone in the final twelve that you don’t like? As always let us know in the comments box below.

Anyone who doesn’t want to know who will be on the X Factor live shows stop reading now

[EDIT]
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=609349&postcount=164

tammyy2j
02-10-2008, 12:43
Simon Cowell is said to be 'furious' after the names of the final 12 X Factor acts were leaked on the internet.

Show producers had hoped to keep the identities of the finalists under wraps until they were officially announced on the ITV1 talent series next weekend.

However, an unofficial fan site for Rachel Hylton, who wowed the judges in her original audition, correctly named all of the contestants earlier this week. The site's owners were later forced to remove the information after the X Factor legal team intervened.

"Simon Cowell was furious because he knows one of the biggest shows of the series is the 'reveal' of finalists," an insider told the Daily Record. "He doesn't want anyone to ruin it."

An X Factor spokesman said: "Rachel was not aware of the site and she was not involved."

Viewers will see the four judges starting to whittle down the final 150 acts in tonight's first Boot Camp episode, which airs at 7.45pm.

tammyy2j
02-10-2008, 12:43
X Factor star Rikki Loney has blasted Simon Cowell for axing him from the show in a last-minute decision reversal.

The 21-year-old hopeful was initially put through to the final 24 after making it through the Boot Camp stage of the competition. However, he was then told that he was going home after Cowell decided to offer a lifeline to Liam Payne, 15, instead.

Viewers saw Payne being given a second chance in Sunday night's episode of the ITV1 talent series, but the implications for Rikki were not made clear.

"I am gutted. Simon decided to dump me in favour of someone else at the last minute," Rikki told the Daily Star. "He couldn't even look me in the eye when he told me it was over. Cheryl [Cole] and Dannii [Minogue] weren't happy with this and that's why they were arguing."

He continued: "What annoys me is that none of this got shown. They really bigged me up on Saturday's Boot Camp show, giving viewers the impression I'd do really well. But on Sunday I barely featured. People have been saying: 'If Liam was brought back, then who got axed?' Now everyone will know it was me."

An X Factor spokeswoman said: "The judges' decisions are final. Not everything that happened at Boot Camp could be shown within the time constraints we had for the programme."

Perdita
05-10-2008, 16:05
From The People

X Factor favourite Rachel Hylton will be hauled before show bosses this week after claims she took drugs at boot camp.

It is alleged that former crack addict Rachel smoked cannabis on more than one occasion in the London hotel where she and the other contestants were staying during filming.

Rachel, 26, is said to have lapsed back into her old ways because of the enormous pressure of the show.

But judge Simon Cowell - who has fully supported her despite her previous drug admissions - will be stunned to hear about the allegations.

A source said: "This is the last thing Simon or the other judges will be expecting to hear.

"In August, when Rachel admitted her horrific teen life of drug addiction, crime and under-age sex, she said that it was all in the past and that she had turned over a new leaf.

"Simon thought she deserved a second chance and told everyone 'If someone says they've done things they regret, you have to give them a second chance'.

"But if these claims are founded, who knows what he'll think or what will happen. She may even be forced off the show."

The drug allegations were revealed as it also emerged mum-offive Rachel reduced rival Ruth Lorenzo to tears.

Stressed-out Rachel flew off the handle after the Spanish beauty asked her to stop smoking cigarettes in the room they were sharing.

Rachel was so aggressive that PR girl Ruth was terrified of being in the same bedroom and even begged researchers to keep them apart.

Ruth, 25, was moved to another room and Rachel was warned that cigarette smoking was forbidden in the hotel room.

The bitter feud could lead to a difficult atmosphere on the live shows if BOTH singers in the over-25 category get through to the final 12 after tonight's show.

It has also raised concerns that the single mum-of-five who has been jailed twice might lose her temper again as the pressure mounts.

Our source said: "Everyone felt so sorry for Ruth. She's a lovely, polite woman but Rachel just reduced her to tears. She was a wreck.

"Rachel says she's turned her life around, but she's not the big softie she makes out to be.

"People are scared of her. Ruth felt intimidated."

Ruth told pals she felt like she was walking on eggshells when they shared the hotel room during boot camp.

She feared Ruth would lose her temper and explode. Just two nights into the weeklong stay they had the row and Ruth asked show bosses if she could move.

"Rachel is hard work," said a show insider.

"Poor Ruth was scared that she would erupt and unleash that temper at any minute.

"Ruth was biting her tongue but Rachel was being unbearable. She was smoking constantly, chatting loudly on her phone all the time and had the TV blaring while Ruth was desperately trying to practice her vocals.

"In the end Ruth politely asked her to turn the TV down, but then Rachel just went mad. She screamed at Ruth to stop ordering her around, was barking insults at her and was not letting Ruth get a word in.

"Poor Ruth was really shaken and burst into tears."

Ruth ran out to speak to the show's researchers. She begged for a new room so she didn't have to be near the reformed convict.

"She was too upset to tell anyone exactly what Rachel had said," revealed the source.

"But it was so loud everyone knew who the main aggressor was.

"Ruth had tears streaming down her face and asked staff to get her a new room. She was too scared to be near Rachel at all. No one blamed her. She moved rooms the next day.

"Ruth is very big-hearted and down-to-earth so she will try to make amends at some stage but right up until they went to the judges' houses, there was still tension bubbling under the surface."

Both singers were among the six over-25s taken to mentor Dannii Minogue's house in Cannes.

Viewers will see tonight if they and fellow favourite, widower Daniel Evans, can beat mum Louise Heatley, ex-411 singer Suzie Furlonger, and X Faker Alan Turner to be the three over-25s in the final 12. Rachel has already been made favourite to win the show after she bared her soul about turning her life around.

The single mum revealed how she was expelled at 11, pregnant at 12, on crack by 13 and heroin shortly after.

She admitted shoplifting and mugging to fund her addiction and was jailed for the first time at 18 for attempted burglary.

Her first three children were taken into care but it was when she gave birth to the fourth, son Tishon, that she finally managed to kick drugs.

She says she is now a happy full-time mum with Tishon and daughter Tashanee.

She told how after having Tishon, six, and Tashanee, four, she had been able to kick ALL drugs for good.

Speaking about her success, she said: "It's another thing to keep me off drugs. I am so glad X Factor decided not to throw me away even though I have a past."

But Rachel has not been able to curb her temper.

On last week's boot camp show she was nearly axed after answering back Simon Cowell.

She returned and apologised the next day. But it was only after a telling off from her MUM.

"Rachel looked contrite on the TV, but the person who really made her see the error of her ways was her mum," said a show insider.

"Rachel had been on the phone boasting to her about what she said to Simon.

"But her mum told her she was a very stupid girl.

"It seems Mrs Hylton is the only one who can keep Rachel's fiery temper in check."

Last night an X Factor spokeswoman said: "Producers are unaware of the drug allegations but will speak to Rachel about them this week."

Pinkbanana
05-10-2008, 16:50
I think Rachel Hylton seems to be quite a vile person, and I hope she doesn't get through. We dont need anymore jumped up wannabe divas with serious attitude problems....:thumbsdow

DaVeyWaVey
05-10-2008, 16:57
A shame that someone with amazing talent has such a dislikeable personality.. in some ways, I want her to get through because of her talent, but the personality she possesses doesn't sound in the least bit endearing.

Chris_2k11
05-10-2008, 17:16
Yeah not liking this Rachel lass one bit. Ruth should get through shes lovely!

DaVeyWaVey
05-10-2008, 17:20
Have to agree about Ruth - really enjoyed her performance last night.

The acts who I hope get through:

Over 25s: Ruth, Suzie.. dont mind who else as long as it's not Daniel as I don't see how he got through to the top 6 :confused:

Groups: Bad Lashes, JLS .. dont mind who else

Boys: Austin ... don't mind who else

Girls: Diana, Laura and Alexandra

Chris_2k11
05-10-2008, 17:23
Used to like Austin but gone off him now, all he does is cry his way through.

05-10-2008, 19:10
Aww I really wanted Amy to go through :(

Abbie
05-10-2008, 19:16
;611702']Aww I really wanted Amy to go through :(

Same, but at the same time Im glad everyone who got through got through
If only 4 could have been put through from each, it would have been perfect

It was really hard to watch tonight, gone through a whole packet on tissues!

*-Rooney-*
05-10-2008, 19:35
so is the allegations against rachel using drugs during boot camp being dealt with

I dont think there was a band that truly stood out this year, hopefully they will get better as the weeks go on

And i was sorry to see amy go i didnt think diana was that good and her voice is very restrictive i.e when it gets to certain weeks such as abba will she be able to pull that off

Chris_2k11
05-10-2008, 19:35
Ruth got through! :eek: :cheer: Rob you have some explaining to do haha

how touching and genuine were the parts with Cheryl, i was actually filling up a bit :o I dont care what anyone says this girl has been a brilliant addition to the show imo.

I see cry boy is through, hope he's stocked up on tissues :rolleyes: Shame Hannah didnt get through I really liked her.

Abbie
05-10-2008, 19:39
how touching and genuine were the parts with Cheryl, i was actually filling up a bit :o I dont care what anyone says this girl has been a brilliant addition to the show imo.

Dont worry I love her ! I think shes been great in this show!
Plus I feel good cos I voted for her to be in girls aloud :D :lol: what can I say, Ive always been a fan of hers

Chris_2k11
05-10-2008, 19:48

Plus I feel good cos I voted for her to be in girls aloud :D :lol: what can I say, Ive always been a fan of hersshes lovely, you could tell she was genuinely gutted over the ones she had to say no to. theres something about her which Dannii lacks

Abbie
05-10-2008, 19:49

Plus I feel good cos I voted for her to be in girls aloud :D :lol: what can I say, Ive always been a fan of hersshes lovely, you could tell she was genuinely gutted over the ones she had to say no to. theres something about her which Dannii lacks
I agree, thats why Im not that keen on Danni

*-Rooney-*
05-10-2008, 20:02
i think its because she has been in that situation herself she can sympathise and empathise with all of them, which makes her more suitable IMO to be a judge than dannii

DaVeyWaVey
05-10-2008, 23:15
I must admit I was unsure of Cheryl at first when she joined the judging panel, but now I have to say she has proved a fantastic addition. Pretty happy with who went through - felt a bit gutted for Suzie, Hannah and Amy though for not managing to make it.

The only decision I found bizarre was why Dannii decided to put through Daniel :confused: Is it just me or is he just a very average performer?

Bryan
05-10-2008, 23:34

talent? :p :lol: :D

Bad Wolf
06-10-2008, 00:12
its so rigged and scripted alexandria and the girl from spain will be in th final 3!

*-Rooney-*
06-10-2008, 00:14
its not rigged if it was Ryd would have won last yr - thankfully he didnt.

I think this yr will be good i like it when u dont have a strong feeling from the start who will win

I think louis will be the first to lose all 3 acts

Perdita
06-10-2008, 10:53
X Factor's newest judge Cheryl Cole has been tipped to win this year's contest thanks to her contestant Laura White.
Brunette Laura, 21, is a creative writing student from Manchester and has been singing in jazz bars since she was 15.
After being chosen by Cheryl for her Girls 14-24 category, bookmakers made her 7/2 favourite to win the talent show in December.

tammyy2j
06-10-2008, 11:50
Rachel should not have got through she was terrible

I hope Eoghan or Daniel wins

Siobhan
06-10-2008, 12:13
does anyone have the full list?

tammyy2j
06-10-2008, 12:15
The 12 acts to make it through to this year's X Factor live finals have been revealed.

Simon Cowell's 'Boys' category will consist of Scott Bruton, a 19-year-old Pontins bluecoat who gave up his job for a shot at the contest; Eoghan Quigg, the youngest in the group at 15; and Austin Drage, a 21-year-old from Essex.

Alan Turner, who caused controversy with his backstory during the auditions, lost out at the Judges' Houses stage, along with Mali-Michael McCalla and Liam Payne.

From the six in the 'Girls' category, Cheryl Cole picked Diana Vickers, 17, Laura White, 20, and Alexandra Burke, also 20. Burke lost out at the Boot Camp stage in 2005, while White, who first auditioned while ill, has already been called "the one to beat" by Simon Cowell. Hannah Bradbeer, Anastacia Baker and Amy Connelly failed to make the cut.

Louis Walsh presided over the 'Groups' category in Ireland and opted for Bad Lashes, GirlBand and JLS as his acts. The mentor, who was helped by Shane Filan during the process, sent home Desire, 4 Instinct and Priority.

Finally, Dannii Minogue picked single mum Rachel Hylton, 26, Spanish-born 25-year-old Ruth Lorenzo and Danny Evans, 38, a single dad who entered the competition after the death of his wife, as her representatives from the 'Over-25s' category. Suzie Furlong, James Williams and Louise Heatly did not make it through to the next stage of the ITV1 contest.

The 12 finalists will battle it out in the first live show next Saturday.

tammyy2j
06-10-2008, 12:16
Louis Walsh has predicted that Dannii Minogue will be axed from X Factor to make way for the return of Sharon Osbourne.

Osbourne quit the ITV1 talent series in June after making salary demands which were later described as "unreasonable" by executive producer Richard Holloway. She was replaced by Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole.

Walsh has now told the Daily Star Sunday that he expects Sharon to "come back next year".

He added: "And obviously Dannii would be the one to go - having Sharon and Cheryl on the show together is too good an opportunity to miss. The thing about Sharon is she can't be controlled. At the moment Simon [Cowell] has three judges, who, let's face it, he controls. With Sharon we never knew what she was going to do next - she was so unpredictable."

Minogue was the most successful mentor on last year's series, with the final two contestants - Leon Jackson and Rhydian Roberts - both coming from her category.

However, Walsh warned: "She hasn't a hope in hell of winning this series and I think she's going to continue to have a rough time of it."

dEsPeRaDo
06-10-2008, 18:09
I think they got it mostly right..
Cheryl and Simon chose the 3 i would have wanted...
Danni isnt gonna win.. Louis is right !!

tammyy2j
07-10-2008, 16:18
With their first live show just around the corner music is not the only thing on the minds of the finalists in this season's X Factor. All 12 lucky hopefuls went along to a London clinic this week for facials and to have their teeth whitened, ensuring it's not only their talent that sparkles when they step out onto the TV stage.

The man behind the cosmetic makeovers is music mogul Simon Cowell. Following a precedent he set last year when he sent some of his acts to get their teeth laser whitened, the 48-year-old dispatched all of this season's finalists to a dental beauticians in Primrose Hill.

"Simon wants the acts to look their best once the live stages start," a source revealed. "He is convinced they will all look better with perfectly white teeth."

no1abbafan
07-10-2008, 17:38
I think Cheryl has two singers that are two similar - Diana and Laura - I can't seem them doing an abba week or a motown week, one imitates Amy Winehouse and the other is jazz/blues.

Hollie-x
07-10-2008, 18:37
I love both Diana and Laura (: think they're fab

Don't come from that far from me either (i know that sentence makes no sence lmao) Blackburn is like 2 minutes away and my Mum's from Bolton! A bit of useless information for you there!

But yeah I really like them both. And also I absolutely loved Bad Lashes singing Wonderwall. I really dislike that song but the way they sang it was fantastic.

Chris_2k11
07-10-2008, 19:26
MIFFED Sharon Osbourne wants to make a dramatic return to The X Factor to oust bitter rival Dannii Minogue.

She told telly bosses she’s missing the show and will return next year if she can replace 36-year-old Aussie Dannii.

Sharon, 55, quit the show earlier this year after ITV refused to meet her pay demands and vowed never to return.

Pals say her dislike of Dannii changed her mind. Her rival’s position on the panel is far from secure. Her role has faded with the success of Sharon's replacement Cheryl Cole.

The 25-year-old Girls Aloud beauty has already been offered £1million to appear again next year.

How dare Sharon just pick and choose when she wants to come back

DaVeyWaVey
07-10-2008, 19:40
Diana is my favourite out of all of them based on what I've seen her perform so far..

I hope Sharon Osbourne doesn't come back. At first, I thought I would miss her not being on the judging panel but I do think the panel is perfect this year and I wouldn't be keen on her returning.

Hollie-x
07-10-2008, 19:44
I really like Sharon but tbh, it's unfair for her to just come back like that. Although if it was a choice between her and Dannii i'd pick Sharon. I can't stand Dannii.

Johnny Allen
07-10-2008, 20:39
As much as I think Laura the bookies favourite is very good, I think Alexandra is in a league of her own and the one I geniunely believe should win. The talent this year is exceptional love Austin in the boys, love all the young girls, the over 25's are brilliant too. The live shows are going to be fantastic.

*-Rooney-*
07-10-2008, 21:00
i dont like dannii, shes only famous because of who her sister is, i like sharon and would love if she could come back in dannnis place knock danni right off her perch

Trinity
07-10-2008, 22:19
i dont like dannii, shes only famous because of who her sister is, i like sharon and would love if she could come back in dannnis place knock danni right off her perch

That is really unfair. Dannii has been, in her time, a very successful actress in Australia, a mediumly successful singer and is a personality in her own right.

If she didn't have a sister she would be considered much more successful than she is now - Kylie has shadowed Dannii's success.

She should lay of the plastic surgery and botox though!

*-Rooney-*
07-10-2008, 22:21
were just going to have to agree to disagree , but while she was attempting to be a singer i think she stunk

Chris_2k11
07-10-2008, 22:28
I agree with Trinity in a way, I don't think Dannii's half as bad as people like to make out.

Chris_2k11
07-10-2008, 22:31
were just going to have to agree to disagree , but while she was attempting to be a singer i think she stunkI think shes had quite a few good tunes

Hollie-x
08-10-2008, 10:22

She should lay of the plastic surgery and botox though!

:lol:

absolutely. I think she looks really like harsh all the time if you get what I mean.

Chris_2k11
08-10-2008, 10:45
she is very plastic looking now. she doesnt need it all though, shes pretty anyway. ive seen pictures of her from years ago before all the surgery and she looks a lot better than she does now.

lizann
08-10-2008, 12:43
Both Danni and Cheryl are useless and have no busy mentoring anyone

But i hope Danni wins this year again

DANIEL all the way

lizann
08-10-2008, 16:34
A SECRET romance is blossoming between a member of JLS and one of the girls.

Rumours are rife that sparks are flying between one of the boys in the group, which includes Aston Merrygold, 20, pictured right, and one of the females in the final 12.

Singer Austin Drage, 21,* let slip about the hush-hush romance.

He said: “I have seen a couple getting together. I won’t say who. But the clue is – a certain boyband member and a certain girl in the competition. There is a lot of flirting going on. Watch this space.”

But Girlband star Tita Lau, 19, said: “It’s not us. No guys can come into our room.”

And Bad Lashes’ singer Sam Bennett, 21, added: “The boys are hot but we don’t know about any romance.”

lizann
08-10-2008, 16:35
X FACTOR finalists Austin Drage and Scott Bruton were pulled apart after brawling with each other in front of fellow contestants.

The pair, who are both in Simon Cowell’s 16 to 24-year-old males section, were involved in the fracas after trading insults.

Cowell, who is 49 today, has now intervened amid fears the pair’s rivalry could explode again.

A show insider said last night: “It is no secret that Austin and Scott have hated each other from the start.

“They’re both lovely guys, but when they’re in the same room there is an obvious clash of personalities.”

The pair squared up while working in a rehearsal studio in London with the other finalists.

The source added: “An argument started between them and in a flash they had grabbed hold of each other’s shirts and were pushing and shoving.

“It looked like they were about to throw punches but others were on hand to break them up.

“They then had to be held back from trying to hit each other.

“Although they’d had several verbal arguments before that, no-one had expected it to turn violent.”

It is not known if Cowell saw the incident, but he discussed it with producers and fellow judges Louis Walsh, 56, Cheryl Cole, 25, and Dannii Minogue, 36.

The insider added: “Simon may be the boss, but the other judges are desperate to win and won’t let his boys disrupt their preparations for the all-important live shows.

“It’s especially difficult, though, for Eoghan Quigg. He is only 16 and a long way from home and now he has to contend with these two older boys in his group exchanging killer looks with each other all day.

“You can cut the atmosphere with a knife and it’s detracting from the real reason they are here in the first place – the music.”

It is thought the rivalry of Essex boy Austin, 21, and Mancunian Scott, 19, stems from Austin’s friendship with Cheryl from his time supporting Girls Aloud with his old band 5boyz.

Some contestants were fuming at the revelation, claiming Austin had an advantage.

A spokesman for The X Factor said: “Austin and Scott might not be the best of friends but they’re sharing a room in the house and getting on well enough at the moment.”

Meanwhile, Cheryl invited her three girl finalists round for dinner at her pad, though husband Ashley, 27, was nowhere in sight.

Alexandra Burke, 20, Diana Vickers and Laura White, both 17, could not believe their luck.

A insider said: “They got all giggly like schoolkids as they thought Ashley might be there and they fancy him. But when they arrived Cheryl told them: ‘It’s girls only tonight’.”

lizann
08-10-2008, 16:36
X FACTOR hopeful Alexandra Burke is being coached by soul star pal Joss Stone.

Alex’s mum Melissa said the pair had been in touch during the show and had even stayed at each other’s houses.

Melissa, who found fame as lead singer of Soul II Soul, said the friendship could give Alex, 19, the winning edge.

She said: “Alex was 12 when she met Joss on the TV show Star For A Night. Alex still visits her at her home in Devon.”

Meanwhile, Simon Cowell’s pal Sinitta has revealed her pet name for Simon, 48 – “Da Bwoss”.

Sinitta, 40, said: “He’s told me to start calling him Da Bwoss every day.”

Chris_2k11
11-10-2008, 18:11
7.15 tonight all

*-Rooney-*
11-10-2008, 18:12
yay cant wait i love the live shows