PDA

View Full Version : Are the Sugababes losing their touch?

Chris_2k11
20-10-2008, 18:13
Well I hate to say it but this new album is more or less the pits, theres a handful of good songs on there but nothing to make you go "wow", near enough every single song is forgetable, I can't see any number ones coming from it. Its full of boring ballads which go nowhere, theirs also an Amy Winehouse type track on there which is dire. I liked their last album Change but even that wasn't up to their previous standards. I think its about time Mutya came back to get them back on form, its her voice thats missing imo.

Bryan
20-10-2008, 18:15
they were always good but they were never great imo.

Chris_2k11
26-10-2008, 14:14
Sugababes have vowed to return to a 'dirtier' sound when they start penning their next studio album.

The girl group decided to avoid writing electropop songs when they worked on their current disc, Catfights and Spotlights, and are planning to continue with their stance in the future.

Band member Keisha Buchanan, 24, told the Daily Star: "The first ever Sugababes album was quite raw and we have always wanted to go back to that - to being a bit dirtier. We all love going to live gigs and kind of touch on it with this album and definitely know in the future what stuff we would like to be doing.

"A lot of bands are touching more on the poppy side but we have outgrown it a little bit. We are more vocal-based, especially on this album. We wanted to mature when we were writing and make sure it was vocally challenging."

Buchanan recently revealed that she may decide to put the group on hold while she focuses on her education.

Abbie
26-10-2008, 16:59
I love them still! :thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
26-10-2008, 17:22
A few of the new songs are growing on me but not much

Chris_2k11
02-11-2008, 19:18
omg the albums gone down from 8 to 26! I expected a big drop but not that big! I think this era is doomed for them before its even begun.

Katy
02-11-2008, 19:43
I think at the minute there are much better girl group out there. I have had that Saturdays song in my head all day which is really catchy sugababes i forget them after i heard them!