PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2009 - Lloyd Webber launches Eurovision search

Perdita
19-10-2008, 13:29
Andrew Lloyd Webber has made a public plea to the nation as he launches his search for the UK's next Eurovision star.

The theatre composer confirmed that he will write the UK's song for next year's competition and is now on the hunt for a suitable candidate to perform his entry.

Announcing his plans on BBC One this evening, Lloyd Webber said: "People of Britain, I'm here to speak to you about a subject of considerable gravity - a subject that affects each and every one of us. I refer of course to our great nation's continued failure in the Eurovision Song Contest.

"The BBC have asked me to unite our kingdom in a quest to bring home the Eurovision crown once more. I have been asked to write the song, but where will I be unless one of you volunteer to sing it? So, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you could do for your country by contacting our website."

The hunt for the best entrant will reportedly form the basis for a new BBC talent competition hosted by Graham Norton.

Andy Abraham received just fourteen points when he represented the UK with his song 'Even If' this year. The BBC's Eurovision commentator Terry Wogan later blamed political voting for the result, adding that "this is no longer a music contest".

Organisers have already promised that juries will be reinstated at next year's contest in an attempt to put a stop to tactical voting.

Abbie
19-10-2008, 13:31
:rotfl: I saw this annoucement before strictly! I nearly wet myself laughing ! :lol:

Katy
19-10-2008, 13:34
:rotfl: I saw this annoucement before strictly! I nearly wet myself laughing ! :lol:
I missed the announcement i wish i'd seen it now. I see this would be is answer to not performing a west end star search this year!

Bad Wolf
19-10-2008, 13:36
this is the best thing for eurovision for this country, let webber do it!!!! and let graham norton do the commentary, he'll be very funny

Abbie
19-10-2008, 13:38
:lol: seriously though I was like oooo whats this about thinking it was deadly serious and then he eurovision! :rotfl:

Katy
19-10-2008, 13:55
lol! I hate the Eurovision although it could be interesting.

IT was funny in our European Law lecture the other day and one of the students compared the EU to the Eurovision, the look on my lecturers face was a picture!

Abbie
19-10-2008, 14:11
lol! I hate the Eurovision although it could be interesting.

IT was funny in our European Law lecture the other day and one of the students compared the EU to the Eurovision, the look on my lecturers face was a picture!

:rotfl: would have loved to have been there!

StarsOfCCTV
19-10-2008, 22:31
Organisers have already promised that juries will be reinstated at next year's contest in an attempt to put a stop to tactical voting.
So no phonelines? Surely not they make too much money out of them. :lol:

di marco
19-10-2008, 23:20

maybe itll be half points from jury and half from phoneins?

Abbie
19-10-2008, 23:22

maybe itll be half points from jury and half from phoneins?
Yeah, like the dancing??