PDA

View Full Version : 'X Factor' takes action against spoof

Perdita
17-10-2008, 12:28
Rex Features
X Factor bosses have sent a "cease and desist" letter to a spoof play about the reality show.

The singing contest's lawyers claim the comedy musical eXtra Factor is in breach of copyright, reports The Sun.

eXtra Factor, which has toured Londonderry, Manchester and Peterborough, will end its run after a final show in Preston.

Its cast includes ex-Blue singer Antony Costa and former soap stars Kevin Kennedy and Lisa Riley.

"It's disappointing because it was a good piece of theatre, but apparently we did something to upset Mr. Cowell," said Kennedy. "Legally we couldn't combat that.

"I believe the producers are going to sort it out and maybe we should come back next year with the slogan, 'The show Simon Cowell tried to ban'."

An X Factor spokesperson said: "They were using the X Factor brand and logo when that is trademarked to us. It was an infringement of our copyright.

"I need to make it clear we were not requesting that the show shut down in any way, shape or form."

Siobhan
17-10-2008, 12:47
OK, i thought they were going to complain about Geraldine's song :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
17-10-2008, 16:46
So did I :lol:

Abbie
17-10-2008, 16:52
OK, i thought they were going to complain about Geraldine's song :lol:

Same! :lol: They'll start complaining when she reaches number one agaisnt leon though!