PDA

View Full Version : Rakie Ayola leaving

StarsOfCCTV
11-10-2008, 07:00
Welsh actress Rakie Ayola is to leave Holby City at the end of the year, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The 39-year-old, who has played the role of Kyla Tyson since February 2006, is to be written out of the show so she can have a baby in real life.

Speaking of her departure, Ayola told DS: "It's strange but sad at the same time. I've had a great time and I'll miss it. I made the decision purely because I was pregnant, but I wasn't really ready to put down the character of Kyla. I'm very sorry to have to let her go."

She added: "I'm having a baby and have become involved in a lot of charity work lately, so that's keeping me busy - but it's difficult to look for work when you're pregnant!"

A source added: "It has come to the end of an era at Holby with the departure of Abra and Kyla. Both Adrian Edmondson and Rakie Ayola are sadly set to leave Holby City for the final time at the end of the year.

"Kyla is left torn between the two people she loves most - Abra and her son Max. Although planning to head to Rotterdam with her son, Abra's surprise appearance from Ghana confuses things.

"Abra declares his love for Kyla, but Kyla's heard this all before and is unsure if she can trust him again. So will Kyla go with Max to Rotterdam or back to Ghana with Abra? You'll have to watch to find out."

Both actors have filmed their final scenes and will remain on screen until Tuesday, December 9.

I hope she leaves with Abra. Why does she have to leave just when I'm liking her character! But yeah, congratulations on the baby. :D :D

Perdita
11-10-2008, 08:10
I hope she goes with Abra, will be sorry to see her leave, I quite like her.

StarsOfCCTV
11-10-2008, 19:04
We're going to probably get a new character or two, because of Tom leaving too...Please let them not be annoying :lol:

JustJodi
12-10-2008, 18:01
ok kyla is going,,, good,,, Abra is GOING for good this time ??? I presume Kyla's rug rat is going too, but why is TOM leaving,, are they letting Sam die ????:searchme:

StarsOfCCTV
12-10-2008, 18:38
This is the thread for Tom
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=85594

but it says he goes out in a blaze of glory so...don't know. I can't see him ever leaving Grace unless they kill him off. :(

Abra might be back you never know with him! :lol: