PDA

View Full Version : Kara's battle reading scripts

Perdita
02-10-2008, 05:55
EASTENDERS beauty Kara Tointon is urging youngsters with dyslexia to follow her lead and not give up on their dreams.

The soap star, who suffers with the reading condition, struggles to learn her lines and often gets her actress sister Hannah to go through them with her a week in advance.

And Kara, 25, almost gave up on her acting dream after she failed a string of auditions because she could not get through the scripts fast enough.

But after three years playing Dawn Swann in the BBC1 soap the actress insists she is living proof that you can work around the condition.

She said: “There are so many actors who suffer from dyslexia and it’s important to know that it shouldn’t stop you just because you find it hard to read. I’m not the fastest in the class, I’m an awful reader, but learning lines is OK now.

“I hope that I encourage others. Yes it takes that little bit longer but you can get there in the end. I’d tell anyone, ‘Don’t let it stop you’.”

Well done, Kara :clap:

Katy
02-10-2008, 09:56
Its good to see someone promote it properly, thats not really the right word, but gets on with it instead of using it as an excuse one of my friends answers to everything is "well i couldnt do it because im dyslexic" and its like well yeah but so was a lot of people. In fact wasnt Einstein dyslexic.

Perdita
02-10-2008, 10:35
Yes, he was. :)

alvinsduckie
10-10-2008, 23:54
someone in my english class in college said Einstaein wore loafers because he coulnt figure out how to tie his shoes.
dont quote me tho ;-)...been a long time since then

Abbie
11-10-2008, 16:12
Wow I never knew that, I think thats great thats shes talking about it