PDA

View Full Version : nasty nick is back!!!!!

Bad Wolf
02-10-2008, 00:54
EastEnders legend John Altman is to make a dramatic return to Walford at Christmas as the notorious Nick Cotton.

The 56-year-old actor was last seen in the BBC soap in 2001 when his screen mother Dot Cotton (June Brown) disowned him following the death of her grandson Ashley (Frankie Fitzgerald).

It later transpired that Nick was responsible for his son's death by cutting the brake cables on Mark Fowler's (Todd Carty) motorbike. Despite intending to kill Mark, it was Ashley who rode the bike to his death.

Since leaving Albert Square, Nick has spent time in prison for various drug-related offences. In 2006, Dot made the shocking discovery that her son was ill in hospital with cancer. Following her off-screen visit to him in hospital, he went on to make a full recovery.

Speaking of his return, Altman said: "After an absence of seven years, I am thrilled to return to Albert Square. The BBC have always given me great storylines as Nick Cotton and I look forward to seeing if Nick will once again spread fear and loathing throughout the Square!"

Executive producer Diederick Santer said: "Nick Cotton is an EastEnders legend. His complex relationship with Dot, his criminal tendencies, and his addiction to heroin, violence, and everything else that's bad have made him one of the show's best-remembered and best-loved villains."

He added: "We're very excited that he - and the talented John Altman who plays him - will be returning to the Square."

June Brown called for the return of her screen son, claiming that Dot "needs him in her life".

Altman begins filming at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Herts - home to EastEnders - later this month, while producers are keeping tight-lipped as to the exact date of his screen reappearance.

At around the same time, Charlie Brooks returns as Janine Butcher following her successful-but-brief comeback earlier this year

StarsOfCCTV
02-10-2008, 01:15
I never saw him originally in EE but it's good Dot will get a storyline. :D

Abi
02-10-2008, 02:47
Awesome!! Loved Nasty Nick :D

Bad Wolf
02-10-2008, 08:15
if bradders is still living with dot that should be fun, they will be chalk an cheese, there is no possible way they can interact with each other, they are polar opposites

Dr. Tangliss
02-10-2008, 08:24
About time too!!:cheer:

Perdita
02-10-2008, 08:39
Is he going to be around for a while then? I did not watch EE much when he was around before and can't remember whether he got on with the Mitchell brothers or not - could be fun between him, Phil and the Branning brothers. :thumbsup:

LostVoodoo
02-10-2008, 09:45
if bradders is still living with dot that should be fun, they will be chalk an cheese, there is no possible way they can interact with each other, they are polar opposites

:lol: true!
i'm glad they're doing this actually, in real life if her husband really was so ill and her only child was dying of cancer I think Dot really would want to see her son even after everything he's done to her.

Siobhan
02-10-2008, 09:49
Is he going to be around for a while then? I did not watch EE much when he was around before and can't remember whether he got on with the Mitchell brothers or not - could be fun between him, Phil and the Branning brothers. :thumbsup:

He didn't get on with anyone. He is nasty Nick! but great actor. I love him and so happy he is back!!!!!!!! :cheer:

JustJodi
02-10-2008, 10:15
Oh goody ,, I have only read about Nick,, and I think this is going to be very interesting,,Janie coming back wow,, who else are they bringing back??????
I have missed my EE since being in the USA,, will not be able to watch anything until the Ombibus on the 12th of oct LOL

Bryan
02-10-2008, 10:50
amazing news! let's hope him and Janine hook up and take over Walford! :D

alan45
02-10-2008, 10:51
Maybe I will start watching it again when he returns. Lets hope he doesnt have a complete character personality change like the chuckle brothers did when they returned.

Bryan
02-10-2008, 10:52
anyone know if this is just a guest stint, an extended stint or a full return?

Joanne
02-10-2008, 11:42
Maybe I will start watching it again when he returns. Lets hope he doesnt have a complete character personality change like the chuckle brothers did when they returned.

No, they wouldn't dare - Nick is rotten to the core!

Perdita
02-10-2008, 11:43
Sounds to me as if he is going to be around for a while but none of the articles I have read give clear indications.

Chloe O'brien
02-10-2008, 11:55
Nick can take on the mtichells and the brannigans. No-one is a match for him as long as they keep him as the baddie we all loved to hate. I might just have to start watching again if he is back.

sindydoll
02-10-2008, 14:00
well he is a bit to old to play nasty nick so maybe he will change into nice nick

Perdita
02-10-2008, 14:15
He is younger than Dirty Den was and he never changed into a goody two-shoes. I hope they don't spoil another character, no point in bringing him back otherwise. :(

JustJodi
02-10-2008, 15:00
Lets hope they do not do a personality transplant on this character, cos there are LOADS of new people on the square since Nick left, and they are going to be shocked that DOT actually gave birth to the spawn of the devil :lol: No amount of scripture reading is gonna change Nick from what I have read about him:rolleyes:

Fionaz2good
02-10-2008, 16:10
FINALLY, they're bringing him back, I've been waiting for this for ages lol. Can't wait!! He's sure going to ruffle some feathers amongst everyone lol! Nick's a legend!

SeanMichael
02-10-2008, 18:24
FINALLY, they're bringing him back, I've been waiting for this for ages lol. Can't wait!! He's sure going to ruffle some feathers amongst everyone lol! Nick's a legend!

Something tells me something is gonna happen between him and Sean Slater, coz Sean is leaving around new year isn't he? perhaps nick will kill him? i'm gonna watch EE again to find out.

Chris_2k11
02-10-2008, 18:27
Good news but im still much more interested in Janine coming back.

di marco
02-10-2008, 20:04

Something tells me something is gonna happen between him and Sean Slater, coz Sean is leaving around new year isn't he? perhaps nick will kill him? i'm gonna watch EE again to find out.

as far as ive heard the doors been left open for sean to return so nick wont kill him

Timalay
02-10-2008, 20:43
I'm think i'm the only one who's not excited by his return.

Chris_2k11
02-10-2008, 21:53
I'm think i'm the only one who's not excited by his return.im not that much really, ive got the feeling it wont be as good as everyones expecting.

Perdita
02-10-2008, 21:56
I am also waiting to see what they do with Nick. A few of "returns" to soaps have not worked for characters and Nick would have a fair bit of competition in the "nasty" stakes - might not be so easy for another type like him to bond with.

Bryan
02-10-2008, 21:57
that weasel Max thinks he's the bee knees but Nick will soon put him in his place. can't wait! :D

Jojo
02-10-2008, 22:43
I'm think i'm the only one who's not excited by his return.

I'm the same. As good a bad guy as he is, he's come back and gone again so many times now, the tooing and froing is kind of getting boring for me now.

"Ello Ma", then Dot defending his actions, although maybe this time she won't.

It seems lately though that they are bringing back older characters again that used to work to bring EE back to the forefront, but it hasn't been working with some of the older characters. They've had their time.

Next they'll be bring Sharon back (please no!)

sindydoll
03-10-2008, 12:07
so pleased that nick is coming back he was one of the best...... shame kathy was killed off i would of liked her to return too! but i hope sharon has no plans for a return i cant stand that girl

Timalay
03-10-2008, 19:04
Next they'll be bring Sharon back (please no!)

That why I want the bookies to be sold

Abbie
04-10-2008, 15:47
:eek: hes 56! I never knew that

di marco
04-10-2008, 19:45
EastEnders star John Altman has claimed that June Brown is responsible for his Walford return.

The 56-year-old actor will make a dramatic comeback as Nick Cotton on the BBC One soap this Christmas.

Brown, who plays Nick's mother Dot, has been hoping for his return for months and even made a public plea to producers in May this year.

"The reason I'm back is because June wanted me back," Altman told The Mirror. "She's been campaigning for my return and phoned my agent. I think she must have missed me. I am thrilled to be going back to Albert Square."

Altman will start filming later this month following a seven-year break from the soap.

sindydoll
04-10-2008, 20:21
:eek: hes 56! I never knew thatomg never :eek: i thought he was in his 40's he cant be pushing 60... are you sure

*-Rooney-*
05-10-2008, 00:05
I liked nick he is what you call a bad guy, he even tried to kill his mum once until his concience kicked in at the very last second and he stopped her eating the poisoned food

sindydoll
05-10-2008, 08:05
im really looking forward to his return i liked him a lot

Abbie
05-10-2008, 19:40
:eek: hes 56! I never knew thatomg never :eek: i thought he was in his 40's he cant be pushing 60... are you sure

Thats what it said in the article!

Chris_2k11
05-10-2008, 19:54
I knew he'd be getting on a bit now. remember he was in it 20 odd years ago and looking at pics id say he looked about in his 30's then which would be about right.

Abbie
05-10-2008, 19:57
I knew he'd be getting on a bit now. remember he was in it 20 odd years ago and looking at pics id say he looked about in his 30's then which would be about right.

I didnt think about it like that :o

matt1378
07-10-2008, 01:50
wow this is just the best news :cheer:

nick was/is my fave charactor

Perdita
02-10-2014, 11:28
EastEnders star John Altman has said that he doesn't think his villainous character Nick Cotton should ever change.

It was previously confirmed that the actor has reprised his role as Nick, despite the fact that his mother Dot Cotton (June Brown) believes he has died.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/40/618x618/soaps-inside-soap-awards-john-altman.jpg
John Altman arrives at the Inside Soap Awards 2014 at DSKRKT, London
© Mike Marsland/WireImage
John Altman

Viewers were introduced to Nick's son Charlie (Declan Bennett) earlier in the year and later discovered that he was aware of Nick's fake death.

Speaking to the Radio Times, Altman said: "I wouldn't like to see Nick change. He's a bit too long in the tooth now to change.

"It's good to go back - when you've not been on the set for five years, it does take a week or so to get back into the energy of it. But I'm back on the rails now, so to speak."

Speaking about the longevity of the show as it prepares to celebrate its 30th anniversary next year, Altman said: "It's the energy of it. And the changes it's gone through as well.

"I'm not sure if four episodes a week is a good thing, though. It's a hell of a job creating two hours of drama a week and you have to cover a lot of different characters as well. It's a tall order to keep viewers gripped four nights a week.

"But it's doing really well now thanks to Dominic. My hat goes off to the producers and writers who run it. There are about 312 people who work on it now. And 53 cast members. It's a big old show."

lizann
03-10-2014, 01:08
is he back to kill dot again, how many times is this now?

Perdita
12-10-2014, 11:17
Nick Cotton actor John Altman has suggested that his character will stoop to new lows on his return.

Teasing his comeback to the soap in an interview with The Mirror, Altman said that his character would be "more evil than ever".
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/31/618x519/soaps-eastenders-john-altman.jpg
John Altman
© Getty Images

"Murder's been done before and I like to act new things and I haven't been disappointed," he teased. "These are new lows even for Nick and that's all I can say."

Altman also said that he would use his own demons and battles with alcoholism to make his scenes more realistic.

"Life experience makes you a better actor," Altman continued. "And when I'm filming those scenes where Nick's dealing with his demons I have to draw on the things I've been through myself.

"I can put more emotion in and make it seem more realistic because I have experienced some of those desperate feelings on some level," he added.

Nick is one of EastEnders' original characters, having appeared in the very first episode on February 19, 1985.

He was last seen on screen in 2009, when he left Walford after holding a number of the local residents hostage at the café.

After confirming his return to the soap in July, Altman would later argue that his character shouldn't change.

Dazzle
12-10-2014, 12:09
Murder's been done before and I like to act new things and I haven't been disappointed," he teased. "These are new lows even for Nick and that's all I can say.

That suggests to me that maybe Ronnie and Charlie's baby will be involved. Maybe Nick will threaten or kidnap the baby to blackmail Charlie into more nefarious deeds. Ronnie will kill him if something like that happens.

parkerman
12-10-2014, 13:24
No prizes for guessing what his first line will be!

Siobhan
12-10-2014, 15:31
get outta mah pub? Oh sorry wrong person
Hello princess?? Oh wait, still wrong

Siobhan
12-10-2014, 15:31

Dazzle
12-10-2014, 18:59

:rotfl:

Could it something along the lines of "hello ma..."?

tammyy2j
12-10-2014, 20:03
That suggests to me that maybe Ronnie and Charlie's baby will be involved. Maybe Nick will threaten or kidnap the baby to blackmail Charlie into more nefarious deeds. Ronnie will kill him if something like that happens.

Ronnie Vs. Nick should be fun to watch :p

Dazzle
12-10-2014, 20:13
Ronnie Vs. Nick should be fun to watch :p

Agreed. I can't wait! :D

Perdita
19-10-2014, 04:44
EastEnders villain Nick Cotton will head back to Walford later this month, horrifying his son Charlie who is settling down on Albert Square.

The shock development comes as Charlie (Declan Bennett) and Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack) are blissfully happy after getting engaged and are preparing to share the news with their families.

As the couple begin to make plans for the future, everyone is unaware that Nick (John Altman) is back on the Square and keeping a close eye on his family.

When Ronnie and Charlie head over to Dot's to tell her the happy news, they are given a huge shock when they find Nick sitting at the kitchen table.

Worried that Dot will walk in and see the son she believes is dead, Charlie and Ronnie try to force him to leave.

It soon becomes clear that Nick is not going without a fight and he gives the pair an ultimatum, but can Charlie and Ronnie get rid of him before Dot finds out the truth?
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/42/618x410/nick-cotton-3.jpg
Nick is back in Walford.
© BBC
Nick is back in Walford.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/42/618x411/nick-cotton-1.jpg
Charlie and Ronnie are shocked to see Nick.
© BBC
Charlie and Ronnie are shocked to see Nick.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/42/618x406/nick-cotton-2.jpg
Charlie tries to prevent Dot from seeing Nick.
Charlie tries to prevent Dot from seeing Nick.

EastEnders airs these scenes on Monday, October 27 at 8pm and Tuesday, October 28 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Dazzle
19-10-2014, 14:54
Charlie looks really scared of him!

Perdita
25-10-2014, 04:53
EastEnders is reintroducing the show's most memorable villain as Nick Cotton has returned to Walford.

Following his brief appearance at the end of Friday night's episode, Nick horrifies his son Charlie (Declan Bennett) next week by arriving at Dot's house unexpectedly, threatening to reveal the fact that his recent 'death' was faked.

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins recently promised to tell "the Nick story to end all Nick stories", so there is bound to be huge drama ahead for the Cottons and the Mitchells as the iconic character causes more trouble.

This week, Digital Spy had an exclusive chat with John Altman, who plays Nick, to hear more gossip about what's in store.

How does it feel to be back on EastEnders?
"First of all, as an actor, it's great to be working. It's also fabulous to be given some quite powerful storylines - and I love EastEnders, so it's great to be back!"

Were you surprised when you got the call to return?
"It's always a nice surprise when they do get in touch. Over the years, sometimes I've had long stretches away from the show. That can be as long as nine years, which means I have to get on with my life outside of EastEnders - I don't sit by the phone waiting for it to ring!

"There have been a couple of times when I've had to say no to returning because I've been doing something else, but this time it worked out."

How did you feel about the fake death storyline for Nick?
"I knew about Nick returning from the dead long before anyone else knew about it, because the executive producer Dominic and story producer Alex [Lamb] told me about their plans. Of course I had to remain quiet about that, and it's quite hard because I couldn't really tell anybody at all. You have to be careful if you're talking in a taxi or on a train, because you never know who might overhear you!

"I had to keep the truth a closely-guarded secret, but that's part of being up here at EastEnders. I love surprises and I wouldn't want to know myself what was coming up."

Keeping it quiet must have been a challenge!
"It was particularly difficult when Nick's funeral came around! People kept saying to me, 'Isn't it terrible that they've killed him off and you weren't even there?' People were moaning about it and saying he was a great character so it shouldn't have happened!

"I just had to listen to them and say, 'You're right, I don't know anything about it either'. Something went round about me being annoyed about it, but that wasn't actually true - it was just what I had to say in order to cover it all up!"

Why does Nick decide to return next week?
"Nick has got himself into a bit of a fix. He's run out of money again and he's been out of the country, mixing with the criminal elite in Spain I believe! Once again, he's on his uppers and he always comes back to the Square when that happens so that he can tap up someone there to help him out.

"Nick is in a bit of a corner, though. Having declared himself dead, he doesn't want to be seen. He's almost returning in spirit form!"

What kind of a relationship can we expect between Nick and his son Charlie?
"It's going to be fractious. Nick had Charlie many years ago and left Yvonne to bring him up. He did pop by occasionally but not very often, so Nick was one of those absent fathers. Charlie has a lot of resentment about the fact that Nick was never there when he was a little boy, but at the same time, Nick is still his dad.

"There's that 'blood is thicker than water' thing bubbling under the surface, so we can expect to see some very powerful run-ins between Nick and Charlie. You'll also see some quite tender and emotional scenes, because they are father and son and they haven't seen each other for a long time."
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/42/618x422/soaps-eastenders-4950-1031.jpg
Nick gives Charlie an ultimatum
© BBC
Nick gives Charlie an ultimatum

How about Nick and Yvonne?
"Yvonne is Nick's wife. It's the only time he's got married, although he seems to have a string of kids all over the place! Maybe there are others, I don't know! Nick didn't tell Dot about Yvonne, which is typical.

"Yvonne will become entangled in the evil web of Nick. I think they're very different people. She was a nurse way back and met Nick when he'd just come out of a remand centre, so it was a case of opposites attracting. There's still passion between the two of them, but Yvonne is fighting that because she doesn't really want to get sucked back into the evil world of Mr. Nicholas Cotton!"

Cotton is a huge name in soapland, so are you pleased to see the family being expanded with these new characters?
"Very much so. The family is quite dysfunctional in many ways, which is probably due to Nick and also Nick's father, who was the original Charlie Cotton.

"I always felt that Nick's dad died a little bit too soon into the history of this soap. That was a bit of a gratuitous killing-off, I thought. They said it was to draw Nick and Dot closer together, but I never believed that and thought they should have kept Charlie Cotton for a lot longer. He was a great character and a really great actor. Sadly Chris Hancock is no longer with us.

"As an actor, you get to love your on-screen family and I'm sure that's the same with the rest of the cast too. To see the Cotton family expanded is good and quite exciting, as there are new faces to be playing with."

Dominic has gone public with the fact that Nick Cotton vs. Ronnie Mitchell will be a big storyline! Are you looking forward to that?
"Yeah! That was a surprise to me. Ronnie has already bumped somebody off, hasn't she? The score right now is three kills for Nick and one for Ronnie! Those two characters will definitely be going head-to-head.

"Nick isn't best pleased that Ronnie and Charlie are together because she's a Mitchell. He's never liked the Mitchells - particularly Phil. Anything to do with the Mitchells, Nick does not like, so you can expect to see a few fireworks going off long after Bonfire Night!"

Are you excited about the long-term arc planned for Nick?
"Very, yes! They've cooked up some pretty dastardly events. There's some very dramatic stuff coming up and I'm very proud to be a part of it again."

What's it like to work with June Brown again?
"With the show's anniversary coming up you suddenly think, 'Crikey, I've known her for 30 years!' June is a dear friend and we meet up when we can, but of course she is employed at EastEnders and that keeps her very busy. Now that I'm up here again, it's a reminder that you almost get cut off from the rest of the world because it takes over your life.

"It's great to be back with June. There's a lot of pressure, as you might suddenly get six scenes thrown at you to film the next day, so you've got to get your head down until midnight or 1am to cram them all in. June is amazing for her age because she's working under that same pressure quite a lot, but she loves what she does."

Did you get a chance to catch up with June before your return?
"Before I started back, I actually went over to see June and we spent five hours together combing through the script, just making sure that it was right. Bless them, there are loads of writers and they don't always get it exactly right - they sometimes write Nick how they think he is, rather than how he actually is.

"The standard of the writing on the show is very good, but as we go along, we'll sometimes see sections of the script that we don't think is quite how it should be, so we'll put a little change in here or there. We don't do that over-dramatically because that would cause chaos, but sometimes we'll put something in or take a line out.

"Myself and June know the characters so well and we're a bit of a double act, really - maybe we should do some comedy over the holiday season!"

Nick is such a well-known character. When did you first become aware that he was reaching that iconic status?
"I suppose it takes time to become iconic. It's hard for me to completely see it because I play it, but it's probably over the last five years that people have started writing that down. I was quite pleased when they did, as it's certainly no bad thing, is it?"

You obviously have worked outside of the show too, so have you ever wanted to move on from Nick?
"Well, people will never forget Nick, will they? The acting business is a strange one - you just don't know from one month to the next where you're going to be half the time, so it's very insecure in many ways. But at the same time, that's exciting - I quite like the gypsy life.

"I never know whether I'm going to be on the road like I was when I was doing Chicago a few years back, or going off to do a film in Liverpool, which I did before coming back to EastEnders. That was called My Lonely Me and was directed by Joe Scott. That's going to Cannes in 2015, so I'll be going down there.

"I have lots of unfulfilled ambitions. The film world beckons again and I love it. I've never worked in America and I've never actually performed on the West End stage, so who knows what the future holds?"

Perdita
04-12-2014, 11:41
EastEnders star John Altman has teased a massive plot for his character Nick Cotton, revealing that he will become nastier than ever.

The actor reprised his role as the memorable villain earlier this year after five years away from the show.

Nick's reappearance horrified Dot, who believed her son was dead, and Altman has now confirmed that an upcoming storyline will see him act "nastier" than ever before.

Comparing the plot to Nick's attempt to poison Dot years ago, Altman told Bang Showbiz: "He's going to be just as nasty. It's pretty evil, pretty awful. A bit of a shocker but I can't say what it is.

"They offered me a pretty big storyline. I didn't think it would make any difference going back one more time in terms of being typecast."

Glen1
04-12-2014, 15:11
Get the feeling this will be his final appearance on EE. Hope it isn't, even if it's another 5yrs ahead. I believe John Altman is a really nice guy in reality , a trait that some of the so called " stars" could do with copying.

alan45
11-01-2015, 00:28
Dot Cotton will reportedly be arrested for the murder of her 'nasty' son Nick Cotton later this year on EastEnders.

Insiders have told the Mirror that EastEnders' anniversary week will kick off a storyline that sees Dot standing trial for her son's death.

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/44/618x411/soaps-eastenders-dot-branning-nick-cotton-2.jpg
© BBC

Nick Cotton (John Altman) will be written out of the show once and for all when his mother finally has enough of his abusive behaviour, according to the tabloid report.

Dot's murder trial will reportedly follow on the heels of the culmination of the Lucy Beale killer storyline, and will include many twists before all the facts surrounding Nick's death come to light.

A spokesperson for the show declined to comment on reports of a Dot Cotton murder trial storyline.

John Altman previously teased that Nick will be up to his usual "evil" tricks in the weeks ahead, leading to the soap's 30th anniversary.

Ruffed_lemur
11-01-2015, 13:19
I wish he weren't leaving, he's so good in it! Great with Yvonne too.

Glen1
11-01-2015, 13:56
Pity he'll never be back , been in some memorable plots. Hope Dot continues to be a special character in EE. Disappointed if it is Dot that kills him .Could create too many changes in Dot that will spoil that which her character has been built on and respected for.

maidmarian
11-01-2015, 14:06

I wish he wasnt too! But perhaps if rumour
true and the actor doesnt want to return
for several years or at all ( by which time
June Brown would be nearly 90)perhaps
they thought they would do a big story line
now.
I think.that John Altman seems a really nice
person and wish Dot more like June Brown
( that would be really interesting).
Hope rumour not true but seems likely!

maidmarian
11-01-2015, 14:06

I wish he wasnt too! But perhaps if rumour
true and the actor doesnt want to return
for several years or at all ( by which time
June Brown would be nearly 90)perhaps
they thought they would do a big story line
now.
I think.that John Altman seems a really nice
person and wish Dot more like June Brown
( that would be really interesting).
Hope rumour not true but seems likely!

alan45
11-01-2015, 14:20
Pity he'll never be back , been in some memorable plots. Hope Dot continues to be a special character in EE. Disappointed if it is Dot that kills him .Could create too many changes in Dot that will spoil that which her character has been built on and respected for.

Never say never. This is Eastenders. Characters have a habit of returning from the dead.. In a couple of years when the ratings fall again some new luvvie will decide to bring back Nick with some preposterous storyline.

xx_Dan_xx
11-01-2015, 15:22
I am so hyped for this storyline. Dot is the least likely person to do this sop it will be very interesting and big for her as a character.

Also got this:

In another shocking twist Eastenders will link a storyline to the past to celebrate their anniversary. Nick is revealed as the killer of pensioner Reg Cox in the very first episode of EastEnders on February 19, 1985.

parkerman
11-01-2015, 15:35
In another shocking twist Eastenders will link a storyline to the past to celebrate their anniversary. Nick is revealed as the killer of pensioner Reg Cox in the very first episode of EastEnders on February 19, 1985.
Nick was revealed as the murderer of Reg Cox in 1988!!!!!!:wall: :wall:

LostVoodoo
11-01-2015, 15:46
Am I the only one who can't stand Nick? He's such a caricature! The 'legacy' of Nasty Nick just gets watered down more and more each time he's in it. He's a panto villain, no loss to me if he's being killed off.

xx_Dan_xx
11-01-2015, 16:47

I found that on a spoilers website. Don't look at me. I don't know that story. I know Dot knows but does everyone know? Perhaps its everyone that finds out. I dont Know.

I don't know about anyone else but for me, Dot is the only one who can truly shut Nick's character out forever.

xx_Dan_xx
11-01-2015, 16:47

Dazzle
11-01-2015, 16:54
I'm not convinced Nick'll die, let alone that Dot will kill him. After all, his son and grandson are still in the show and the grandson may stick around for years even if Ronnie and Charlie leave, so there'll always likely be scope for Nick's return. I think the writers would be foolish to definitively kill Nick off.

Is it general knowledge on the square though?

Am I the only one who can't stand Nick? He's such a caricature! The 'legacy' of Nasty Nick just gets watered down more and more each time he's in it. He's a panto villain, no loss to me if he's being killed off.

I agree that John Altman's acting is extremely panto, but Nasty Nick works for me anyway. His chemistry with Dot especially is outstanding but he works well with Charlie too.

parkerman
11-01-2015, 17:59
I found that on a spoilers website. Don't look at me. I don't know that story. I know Dot knows but does everyone know? Perhaps its everyone that finds out. I dont Know.

I'm sorry if it came across wrong, Dan, but my post wasn't meant as a criticism of you, rather of the site you got it from.

Nick confessed to the murder of Reg Cox in 1988. He said he did it while trying to steal his medals. As far as I know it is a known fact amongst the residents of Albert Square. He actually confessed to Den. But even if no-one else was told, it's hardly a dramatic 30 year Anniversary reveal as it is a well known fact to the viewers.

xx_Dan_xx
11-01-2015, 18:47
I'm sorry if it came across wrong, Dan, but my post wasn't meant as a criticism of you, rather of the site you got it from.

Nick confessed to the murder of Reg Cox in 1988. He said he did it while trying to steal his medals. As far as I know it is a known fact amongst the residents of Albert Square. He actually confessed to Den. But even if no-one else was told, it's hardly a dramatic 30 year Anniversary reveal as it is a well known fact to the viewers.

Oh no it didn't, lol, I am sorry if it came across that I was offended.

xx_Dan_xx
11-01-2015, 18:47

lizann
11-01-2015, 19:46
the only way dot will know for real he is dead is to kill him herself

tammyy2j
11-01-2015, 23:24
I am so hyped for this storyline. Dot is the least likely person to do this sop it will be very interesting and big for her as a character.

Also got this:

Had Reg any family?

I just don't want Nick being Lucy's killer

parkerman
12-01-2015, 00:01
Had Reg any family?

Not as far as we know. He lived alone. But, of course, Eastenders can always turn up with some long lost children and/or grandchildren and/or siblings and/or nephews/nieces etc.

alan45
12-01-2015, 00:13
Not as far as we know. He lived alone. But, of course, Eastenders can always turn up with some long lost children and/or grandchildren and/or siblings and/or nephews/nieces etc.

or war hero???

xx_Dan_xx
13-01-2015, 12:45
Do you guys reckon it's going to be another whodunnit? Dot, Charlie, Charlie's mom, Phil, Ronnie, Max (When he finds out about crash) and some others will all have a very good reason to kill Nick.

Glen1
13-01-2015, 13:21
Do you guys reckon it's going to be another whodunnit? Dot, Charlie, Charlie's mom, Phil, Ronnie, Max (When he finds out about crash) and some others will all have a very good reason to kill Nick.
I just hope it isn't Dot, she would confess, plead guilty . EE needs Dots' character in tact imo. Maybe some connection with Reg Cox, might be another reason his name's cropped up of late.

tammyy2j
13-01-2015, 13:57
I just hope it isn't Dot, she would confess, plead guilty . EE needs Dots' character in tact imo. Maybe some connection with Reg Cox, might be another reason his name's cropped up of late.

Maybe Yvonne frames Dot

Glen1
13-01-2015, 14:08
Maybe Yvonne frames Dot
Very plausible, Yvonne would frame Dot without giving it a second thought. Ripped off the residents at the care home on a regular basis in team with Charlie.

Dazzle
13-01-2015, 15:18
Very plausible, Yvonne would frame Dot without giving it a second thought. Ripped off the residents at the care home on a regular basis in team with Charlie.

I agree it's plausible given what she did to Phil, but I seem to remember that Yvonne was horrified when Charlie stole money from one of the care home residents.

Glen1
13-01-2015, 16:15
I agree it's plausible given what she did to Phil, but I seem to remember that Yvonne was horrified when Charlie stole money from one of the care home residents.
I'm sure your right Dazzle , got in the back of my mind they had both been stealing / conning residents and that Yvonne was shocked when she realised Nick was back on the scene.

Dazzle
13-01-2015, 16:19
I'm sure your right Dazzle , got in the back of my mind they had both been stealing / conning residents and that Yvonne was shocked when she realised Nick was back on the scene.

I must admit that I'm not 100% sure, so maybe someone else can confirm what happened?

Perdita
09-02-2015, 15:00
EastEnders star John Altman has spoken about the decision to kill off his character Nick Cotton, admitting that he shed tears when filming his final scenes.

The actor has played Nick on and off since 1985, but Albert Square's original villain will finally be written out for good in the build-up to the BBC soap's 30th anniversary.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/31/618x519/soaps-eastenders-john-altman.jpg
John Altman
© Getty Images
John Altman

Altman was interviewed on ITV's This Morning today (February 9) and admitted that it seems like the right time for Nick to meet his maker.

"I think probably he's come to the end of his run," he commented. "It's been 30 years - I don't know how much more he can do, apart from create World War Three!"

Asked whether EastEnders producers made him aware of the full storyline from the start of his latest return stint, Altman replied: "Yeah they did, and obviously as an actor, when they said that he was going to meet his demise, it was quite a big decision.

"[I had] mixed feelings. I felt very sad as well, leaving the character behind. Also... I really enjoy working up there, getting into the routine. It's a long drive for me from Hampton Wick, but I've just got into this nice rhythm."

Nick is expected to share his final scenes with his on-screen mother June Brown, as her character Dot Branning sees her villainous son's true colours at last.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/05/618x421/soaps-eastenders-5014-2.jpg
Nick corners Dot
© BBC
Dot and Nick

Altman continued: "During our final scenes, I did shed some tears. I'm sure that was combined not only with what we were doing as actors but also some emotion coming up [as I was] coming to the end of the line with June. But I'll still see her of course."

Quizzed on whether Nick's death is dramatic, he laughed: "No, it's quite low-key in a way. I did ask for helicopters but I don't think they could afford that! But suffice to say, the story is quite powerful and I think they resolve quite a few things together as well. He's very honest with her for once."

Altman also confirmed that he will have a small involvement in EastEnders' upcoming Live Week, which kicks off on BBC One from Tuesday, February 17.

He said: "I saw a lot of them last night and I think they're getting quite nervous. It's like the opening night of a play that's only on once, if you like - got to get it right! But I'm sure they'll rehearse it up to the hilts.

"I will be [involved] slightly. Visually he will be seen, but I can't say any more than that!"

tammyy2j
09-02-2015, 16:52
Dot Branning sees her villainous son's true colours at last

She has seen them many times :p

tammyy2j
09-02-2015, 16:52

Dazzle
10-02-2015, 00:24
If this spoiler about killing off Nick's true, I wish it'd been kept a secret. What a shock it would have been to see Nick dead (especially if it turns out to be at Dot's hands)! I'm quite annoyed they let the cat out of the bag. :angry:

xx_Dan_xx
10-02-2015, 01:11
If this spoiler about killing off Nick's true, I wish it'd been kept a secret. What a shock it would have been to see Nick dead (especially if it turns out to be at Dot's hands)! I'm quite annoyed they let the cat out of the bag. :angry:

I guess that is the consequence at at looking at a spoilers forum.

xx_Dan_xx
10-02-2015, 01:11

maidmarian
10-02-2015, 05:06

perhaps they were worried that a big story
about Nick( without warning)might take
attention from Lucy story on 30th anniversary.

Lucy story has been building for ages and is
well planned.Wont pretend Im fully aware
of all details as missed a couple of epidodes.
I am looking forward to reveal -to see whodunnit
and the reasons!!
Never thought Lucy interesting -ditto
most of the suspects.

I expect a lot of people will think differently.
Theres one suspect I would like it to be
and a couple I definitely wouldnt.
A big story about Nick would be much
more shocking !!
just an opinion!

maidmarian
10-02-2015, 05:06

perhaps they were worried that a big story
about Nick( without warning)might take
attention from Lucy story on 30th anniversary.

Lucy story has been building for ages and is
well planned.Wont pretend Im fully aware
of all details as missed a couple of epidodes.
I am looking forward to reveal -to see whodunnit
and the reasons!!
Never thought Lucy interesting -ditto
most of the suspects.

I expect a lot of people will think differently.
Theres one suspect I would like it to be
and a couple I definitely wouldnt.
A big story about Nick would be much
more shocking !!
just an opinion!

melons1976
10-02-2015, 12:08
I think Dot will inject him with Heroin and it will look like an overdose

Dazzle
10-02-2015, 17:11

I don't usually look at spoilers but the news of Nick's death is unsurprisingly everywhere at the moment. I just think it's something the EE team could have kept absolutely secret from us viewers. Spoilers of that magnitude are impossible to avoid unless you're a hermit.

I think Dot will inject him with Heroin and it will look like an overdose

Brilliant idea!!

lizann
10-02-2015, 18:35
nick dies this friday but i agree with dazzle a nice surprise unrevealed storyline would be good for the show

Perdita
10-02-2015, 18:43
Well, Mitchell secrets are to be revealed, we find out why Peggy is back and we find out how Nick dies ... plenty of surprises to come, me thinks :D

sarah c
12-02-2015, 09:52
if Nick dies, how are they going to bury a dead man? I mean officially he is already dead???

Perdita
12-02-2015, 10:20

Perdita
12-02-2015, 10:20
if Nick dies, how are they going to bury a dead man? I mean officially he is already dead???

Does not seem to be any doubt that he really dies this time but very good question ...

Kissinger
14-02-2015, 21:14
I'm glad we found out bout NIck,:thumbsup: as I may have missed it, and so glad that I did'nt, the suspense of wondering what Dot was going to do, was more exciting than I could have imagined.
NIce to take the opportunity to use what this site is for!!!! :angel: