PDA

View Full Version : Stop slating Eastenders, Critics, lets see you do any better

Johnny Allen
27-05-2005, 13:22
OK, Eastenders is going through a difficult patch, but don't all soaps once in a while. Television critcis such as Ally Ross and Gary Bushell really do annoy me when they slate eastenders, I know they are there to comment but one of Ally Ross's comments really annoyed me in the sun this week when he said 'Eastenders has gone from unbroadcastable to unwatchable' well Ally why are you still watching it?, and if it's that bad lets see him do better after all he's only working for The Sun. Anyway what are all your views on this?, do you think Eastenders is recieving harsh criticism?. I know I was dismissive of it a while ago but it has got better since Den's death, and long may it continue.

Siobhan
27-05-2005, 13:38
EastEnders has improved a lot over the past few weeks and every soap has a bad patch.. they don't deserve all the bad press.

This post has been edited by the Spelling Fairy @ 16:23

Ryan1
27-05-2005, 13:46
I agree. They are improving and with Kat back and the Mitchells on their way back things can only get better.

i_luv_dennis
27-05-2005, 13:50
i agree to it has inproved and when shannis comes back it might be good again with the viewers

Meh
27-05-2005, 13:55
I agree. They are improving and with Kat back and the Mitchells on their way back things can only get better.

So where's the new breed of characters going to come from?

alan45
27-05-2005, 13:56
It has improved certainly, but its still a pale imitation of its former self. At the minute EE is getting the press it deserves. Okay so you dont agree with Ally Ross. He is just the same as you and I. He is just giving his opinion. If you dont like it ignore him. Then again if he was singing EE's praise he would be the greatest.

dddMac1
27-05-2005, 16:20
the critics should just leave Eastenders alone it has improved a lot over the last few months look at last nights episode

i_love_matt!
27-05-2005, 18:39
[QUOTE]
I Think Eastenders Is Great At The Moment And Anyone Who Says Otherwise Is Mad lol!!

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 18:45
it has improved... they're bringing back Dennis, Sharon, Phil and getting rid of the dead wood i.e. Sam and Zoe. aren't they also bringing in a new family???

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-05-2005, 18:49
Yeah!! It's improved alot so people stop critizing EE it's the best!!

alan45
27-05-2005, 21:07
[QUOTE]
I Think Eastenders Is Great At The Moment And Anyone Who Says Otherwise Is Mad lol!!

I must be mad then :p :crying:

melanielovesdennisrickman
27-05-2005, 22:19
Hiya!!!!!
I think that EastEnders is great at the Moment,i maybe it was a bit less exciting for a while,but i still watched it,and it was still my favourite soap!!!!!
Every Soap Has Bad And Good Periods!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Layne
27-05-2005, 22:36
EastEnders is getting good, again thats all i am going to say!

alan45
27-05-2005, 22:59
EastEnders is getting good, again thats all i am going to say!

I agree - its getting better

Richie_lecturer
28-05-2005, 14:27
[QUOTE=i_love_matt!]

I must be mad then :p :crying:
Me too. I better see the shrink fast. :searchme:

Richie_lecturer
28-05-2005, 14:53
I agree - its getting better

Well let's face it, this time last year under Berridge, it could not get any worse. So it's only a moral victory tbh. :wall:

callummc
28-05-2005, 16:05
For the 1st time i'm gonna agree with the critics,up untill christmas i enjoyed it but since christmas day it's just gone down the pan for me,i've only enjoyed about 1 episode a week the rest have sent me to sleep.

Joanne
28-05-2005, 18:18
It's not consistently good or bad for me at the moment. I thought Kat being back this week was brilliant and I loved watching all of her scenes. But then the scenes with the Millers just bored me to tears - I had no interest in why Keith and Leo's dad had fallen out in the first place, to me the Millers just lack any spark. We all know though that really great things are just around the corner - Den's body being found, Dennis and Sharon back, Kat finding out about Den etc etc.

BTW who is writing EE at the moment? I read that the guy who wrote it when it was at its best is coming back - when does/did that happen?

Treacle
28-05-2005, 18:46
So where's the new breed of characters going to come from?
They are introducing new characters too.

Treacle
28-05-2005, 18:47
It's not consistently good or bad for me at the moment. I thought Kat being back this week was brilliant and I loved watching all of her scenes. But then the scenes with the Millers just bored me to tears - I had no interest in why Keith and Leo's dad had fallen out in the first place, to me the Millers just lack any spark. We all know though that really great things are just around the corner - Den's body being found, Dennis and Sharon back, Kat finding out about Den etc etc.

BTW who is writing EE at the moment? I read that the guy who wrote it when it was at its best is coming back - when does/did that happen?
The writers at EastEnders vary so much.
Colin Wyatt and James Payne each wrote 2 episodes last week.

A lot of the older writers from the show's heyday are returning though.