PDA

View Full Version : New couple join 'Emmerdale' for Xmas

Perdita
23-09-2008, 06:18
A smart and savvy City couple is to descend on Emmerdale at Christmas as Amanda Donohoe and Maxwell Caulfield join the cast of the Yorkshire-based soap.

The pair will play husband and wife Natasha and Mark Wylde, an aspirational, wealthy and dynamic duo who have decided to exchange their high-flying City life for the idyllic rural surroundings of Yorkshire.

Despite the initial warm welcome from the villagers, it's not long before Natasha and Mark's dream of a quiet life in the country comes crashing down around them in dramatic style.

Speaking of her new role, Donohoe said: ''I was very flattered when series producer Anita Turner and executive producer Keith Richardson first approached me with the idea, so I'm now very excited about joining one of Britain's best-loved soaps.

"I'm hoping the next few months will deliver some intriguing new storylines and I'm looking forward to galloping across the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and of course a pint (of Champagne) at the Woolie!''

Caulfield commented: "This role was just too tempting to turn down and I can't wait to start filming in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside. Mark's complexities will be an interesting addition to life in Emmerdale."

Of the show's new signings, series producer Anita Turner added: "I'm thrilled to be welcoming two actors of such high calibre to the cast. Amanda and Maxwell will be at the centre of some of our most gripping storylines next year and will be bringing some compelling drama to the Dales."

Donohoe's previous credits include Castaway, L.A. Law, Bad Girls, Liar Liar and Murder City. Caulfield, meanwhile, is most noted for his roles in Dynasty and The Colbys. He has also appeared in a variety of other shows such as Strip Mall and Casualty.

The pair begin filming next month and will first appear on screen on Christmas Day.

lizann
23-09-2008, 11:25
It will be interesting to see them in a rural soap.

Is Amanda's character the new Kim Tate as in next soap bitch?

Tuareet
23-09-2008, 16:40
Erm not sure about this choice for new characters, can't quite see how they will fit in.:hmm:

Bryan
24-09-2008, 08:43
great casting, it has to be said! doubt it'll be enough to get me watching Boredale again though!

tammyy2j
03-10-2008, 11:56
two great actors but will wait to see what their characters are like

Katy
03-10-2008, 11:58
Yeah, we'll have to see if they make a difference or not. I loved Maxwell Caulfield in Casualty and i liked Amanda in Bad Girls. Interesting to see how they fit in.

Perdita
03-10-2008, 17:22
great casting, it has to be said! doubt it'll be enough to get me watching Boredale again though!

So are you going to read the posts on here to see what the reaction is before making up your mind or will you be taking sneek views afterall? :lol:

tammyy2j
17-10-2008, 10:20
It's bad news for those eagerly awaiting the arrival of new Emmerdale characters Natasha (Amanda Donohoe) and Mark Wylde (Maxwell Caulfield).

I've had it confirmed that the pair will now not appear on screen until Thursday, January 15, as opposed to Christmas Day, as originally intended.

This alteration is due to a "change to storyline timings".