PDA

View Full Version : Rachel quits

kirsty24
19-09-2008, 09:23
AFTER three years of hectic full-time work on Neighbours, Caitlin Stasey is to be a "normal 18-year-old" again.

The Ramsay St darling has made the life-changing decision to finish her contract early so she can return to school and complete year 12.

She will film her last scene as Rachel Kinski next month, after three years on the show.

The young actor said it was a tough decision and there would be some tears on her last day, but she knew it was the right thing to do.

"I want to know that when I finish my exams and get my score, it is representative of my abilities," Stasey said.

"My exams start in November and I want to be able to give them my full concentration."

She said she was looking forward to being a normal 18-year-old.

"I can't wait to go out at night and catch up with my friends whenever I want to," Stasey said.

"It seems weird to think that I will have time to do all of that, but it is exciting as well."

Stasey attended Star of the Sea in Brighton, on Melbourne's bayside, but left in year 10. She's been doing distance education, completing year 12 over two years.

She is not sure whether she will return to school or finish it by distance education.

"I miss being at school and doing things like carrying my books to class," Stasey said.

"But it would be hard going back, my friends will all have finished and I have grown up a lot since I was last at school."
It seems that her character will not be killed off because the team at Neighbours said it was leaving the door open for her to return to the show.

tammyy2j
12-01-2009, 17:13
When and how does she leave on screen please?

thestud2k7
12-01-2009, 17:53
When and how does she leave on screen please?

i hope this helps

Caitlin Stasey as Rachel Kinski - Departs Australian screens on 11th March 2009/UK screens in Spring 2009

Abbie
12-01-2009, 17:59
Hmmm we still have a while yet

*-Rooney-*
12-01-2009, 19:25
wonder if the doors will be left open for her?

Jessie Wallace
12-01-2009, 19:40
Yes it is

:)