PDA

View Full Version : Ender of U.S. hope for Ryan

Perdita
16-09-2008, 06:17
FORMER EastEnders star Michelle Ryan has given up trying to crack America after the Bionic Woman flopped — and has returned to the UK.

The 24-year-old brunette said: “I don’t want to do another TV series in the States. I like my freedom to jump between jobs and travel and I couldn’t do that if I stayed over there.”

Michelle starred as Jaime Sommers in the show — which aired on ITV2 over here — but it was axed after just eight episodes.

She admitted it was a risk trying to make it in the US, saying: “They make thousands of pilots and maybe ten get commissioned . . . and maybe three are hits.

“I was under no illusions when I took the job and I had an amazing time doing it. It’s just the way it works over there.”

But she admitted she “really missed” the show’s stunts, adding: “I need those adrenaline kicks.”

Michelle — who shot to fame as Zoe Slater in Albert Square — will now play evil sorceress Nimueh in BBC1’s new Saturday night drama Merlin.

But she is also planning to star in a West End musical — and wants to land a role in a “stupid and silly” comedy flick.

Michelle said: “I would love to do a comedy — something like Dumb and Dumber. It’s one of my favourite films.”

Chloe O'brien
16-09-2008, 11:37
I give her 6 months and she will come out with the same old story that she would like to return to the square.

tammyy2j
16-09-2008, 11:53
She will be back as Zoe Slater

sindydoll
16-09-2008, 12:29
she will be back next year! i bet she starts filming end of this year

di marco
16-09-2008, 17:40
she will be back next year! i bet she starts filming end of this year

i dont think it will be that quickly, but she will probably be wanting to come back at some point!

alan45
16-09-2008, 19:38
They all leave the soaps to go on to do better things and 99 times out of 100 realise that they are barely good enough for even the soaps. Look at Letitia Dean et al:moonie:

sindydoll
16-09-2008, 20:34
i liked the slater girls especially lynne and belinda

Chris_2k11
16-09-2008, 20:45
i liked the slater girls especially lynne and belindaThe Slaters we have now are not a patch on the original clan i dont think.

sindydoll
17-09-2008, 11:06
i liked the slater girls especially lynne and belindaThe Slaters we have now are not a patch on the original clan i dont think.no their not are they

tammyy2j
29-09-2008, 12:27
Former EastEnders actress Michelle Ryan has revealed that she quit her Walford role because of boredom.

The 24-year-old, who played the role of Zoe Slater for five years, quit the soap in 2005 when her character's affair with Dirty Den Watts (Leslie Grantham) was exposed to the residents of Albert Square.

Speaking to thisisbristol, she said: "I just got quite bored in the end, to be honest. Doing the same thing day in, day out. It's just so boring. I like to jump from different things."

She added: "Money doesn't drive me. You couldn't get me back."

Ryan went on to star in BBC One drama Jekyll before moving to the US to take the lead role in the now-axed US remake of The Bionic Woman.

This weekend sees her return to UK screens in a four-episode stint of BBC One's fantasy drama Merlin.

Chris_2k11
29-09-2008, 14:16
they ruined her in the end with all the Den stuff.

Bryan
29-09-2008, 19:19

they was nothing to ruin, she was crap from the start! whiney little cow.

Chris_2k11
29-09-2008, 19:25

they was nothing to ruin, she was crap from the start! whiney little cow.nah i quite liked her before Dennis came along! she had some decent storylines in the show before then. mind you the whole thing with her and Jamie used to bore me aswell.